Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,559 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism (5649 Views)

Isa Sulaiman & Janine Sanchez: 'I No Fit Love Any Nigerian Woman Again' / Nigerian Man Walks Away On His Wedding Day, Shouting " I No Do Again" (Photos) / “Women Rarely Speak Up About Financially Supporting Their Male Partners” – Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ryan03:
i think you are the one who have an issue comprehending what equal treatment means in this context. you think we want pussies that's why we support equal treatment for both gender? funny dude, I will have a daughter one day and I don't want anything to hold her down simply because she was born female, I have sisters and I wish same for them. go understand the meaning of equality in gender then come back and mention me.
just because your father beat your momma??

Lmfao.

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by DanDeeBoss(m): 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ryan03:
i am beginning to think you have met all the feminist in Nigeria and abroad so you know all Nigerian feminists are men haters and those abroad are not.
Yeah I met all of them in my dream yester-night cheesycheesy
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by budaatum: 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ryan03:
i think you are the one who have an issue comprehending what equal treatment means in this context. you think we want pussies that's why we support equal treatment for both gender? funny dude, I will have a daughter one day and I don't want anything to hold her down simply because she was born female, I have sisters and I wish same for them. go understand the meaning of equality in gender then come back and mention me.
3 like for you!

3 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Ryan03(f): 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Yeah I met all of them in my dream yester-night cheesycheesy
crazy guy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Ryan03(f): 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2019
ubunja:
just because your father beat your momma??

Lmfao.
yes my father was a terrible dad, some men are still terrible dads and husbands, they still believe a woman is below them and can be used the way they want without questioning, that's why I'll fight for women rights. I won't let the likes of you create a world of hatred and oppression against women. no matter how you try to paint it, you are a misogynist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by budaatum: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ryan03:
you are a misogynist
Stop being nice to a pig!

3 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ryan03:
.. You become a feminists because your dad was beating your mom?. Oh,that's very good but mind you that this feminism of a thing recently is causing more harm than good in most families due to the misconception of the ideology by many people who claim to be feminists. I don't and will never support beating a woman but we should all be careful less we distort the concept of marriage and families in general. Peace.
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Martinez39(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2019
budaatum:

I'll give you 4 so you can pick one.

Fewer girls go to school than boys.
In which society/countries do fewer girls go to school compared to boys? You have to be specific. Do fewer girls go to school because societies makes laws that limit the number of girls going to school? Or is it just coincidence not discrimination? What exactly do you think is stopping more girls from going to school?

Girls don't inherit property.
Really! grin You didn't even erroneously say girls inherit less than boys instead you went for the extreme. Where don't girls get inheritance? You have to be specific. Did society make rules that girls can't get inheritance? What's stopping girls from getting their inheritance?

Most companies have discriminatory marriage rules that oppress women.
This is a shocker! Can you list these discriminatory marriage rules? Can you list the names of these companies?

Most societies have religious doctrines that show women in a negative light.
Most religions are misogynistic but all societies, apart from Islamic theocratic countries, do not enforce these negative views on women. In fact these societies are secular and have embraced gender equality both on individual level and institutional level and the adherents of these religions are leaning towards liberal and secular interpretation and snubbing the horrible parts.

You want to know the most annoying thing? If Mary had not educated Jesus with her Holy Spirit he would have ended up a saviour of wood like his father Joseph!
grin
According to the bible, the Holy Spirit dwelled in Jesus and taught him things. It's not written that Mary instructed Jesus through the Holy Spirit. Beside, It was shown that Jesus was smarter than his parents at 12 when he left them behind to converse with top scholars in the temple. So can we really attribute how Jesus life turned out to Mary? If you insist that it was Mary's effort, can you also say Joseph didn't instruct Jesus through the Holy Spirit?

NB: Jesus, Mary and Joseph never existed. The bible is a book filled with myths.

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Ryan03(f): 12:47pm On Aug 19, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
.. You become a feminists because your dad was beating your mom?. Oh,that's very good but mind you that this feminism of a thing recently is causing more harm than good in most families due to the misconception of the ideology by many people who claims to be feminists. I don't and will never support beating a woman but we should all be careful less we distort the concept of marriage and families in general. Peace.
i have followed this red pill movement and I have seen the truth in it but have you noticed how some twist it to seem like women are demons who should be oppressed and casted out of planet earth? who are not up to a man hence should be a man's slave? it's same for feminism. simply because some persons with misandry qualities have decided to hide under the feminism umbrella doesn't mean the movement should be banned. I am a feminist and I know what I stand for

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by budaatum: 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2019
Martinez39:

In which society/countries do fewer girls go to school compared to boys? You have to be specific. Do fewer girls go to school because societies makes laws that limit the number of girls going to school? Or is it just coincidence not discrimination? What exactly do you think is stopping more girls from going to school?

Really! grin You didn't even erroneously say girls inherit less than boys instead you went for the extreme. Where don't girls get inheritance? You have to be specific. Did society make rules that girls can't get inheritance? What's stopping girls from getting their inheritance?
I think you are just trying to drown this in needless argument 39. You know very well that there are many parts of our country where fewer girls to school, and there are numerous societies in our own Nigeria where women do not inherit. You just need to read comments of potential girl parents on this thread to know that it is deliberate and due to parental ignorance.

Martinez39:
This is a shocker! Can you list these discriminatory marriage rules? Can you list the names of these companies?
A lot of companies in Nigeria insist colleagues cannot marry each other while working for the company. First Registrars and Investor Services Limited is of personal experience. It is the woman who tends to be the one who has to resign, though I do have one experience of a lawyer reigning for his accountant wife.

Martinez39:
Most religions are misogynistic
And most societies are religious!

Martinez39:
So can we really attribute how Jesus life turned out to Mary? If you insist that it was Mary's effort, can you also say Joseph didn't instruct Jesus through the Holy Spirit?
Yes you can attribute Jesus's education to very well read Mary if you can read and understand.

How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+1%3A26-38&version=NIV]The angel answered[/url], “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

Do note that Joseph did not have a clue and Jesus was not the Messiah of wood.

Martinez39:

NB: Jesus, Mary and Joseph never existed. The bible is a book filled with myths.
Be that as may be 39, that "book filled with myths" influences many!

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ryan03:
yes my father was a terrible dad, some men are still terrible dads and husbands, they still believe a woman is below them and can be used the way they want without questioning, that's why I'll fight for women rights. I won't let the likes of you create a world of hatred and oppression against women. no matter how you try to paint it, you are a misogynist
then go talk to someone. A professional. You need to heal.

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ryan03:
i have followed this red pill movement and I have seen the truth in it but have you noticed how some twist it to seem like women are demons who should be oppressed and casted out of planet earth? who are not up to a man hence should be a man's slave? it's same for feminism. simply because some persons with misandry qualities have decided to hide under the feminism umbrella doesn't mean the movement should be banned. I am a feminist and I know what I stand for
.. That's why I said earlier that instead of fighting for equality while don't we go for equity and justice? See most of our ladies are taking this issue the way its not supposed to just like some guys are also taking the redpill movement. I will always stand for equity and justice anytime any day. Because of equality,marriages/relationships don't last again,why,because most ladies wants that equal rights but shy away from the corresponding responsibilities attached to it thereby making most men to see it as another manipulation to cow them.How will a man see a lady that claims equality only when it favours her? Think about it bro, You guys need a lot of work to correct this abnormality,if not,we may have more problems thinking we are solving them.
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Ryan03(f): 1:11pm On Aug 19, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
.. That's why I said earlier that instead of fighting for equality while don't we go for equity and justice? See most of our ladies are taking this issue the way its not supposed to just like some guys are also taking the redpill movement. I will always stand for equity and justice anytime any day. Because of equality,marriages/relationships don't last again,why,because most ladies wants that equal rights but shy away from the corresponding responsibilities attached to it thereby making most men to see it as another manipulation to cow them.How will a man see a lady that claims equality only when it favours her? Think about it bro, You guys need a lot of work to correct this abnormally,if not,we may have more problems thinking we are solving them.
i understand, thanks
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ryan03:
i understand, thanks
dude for real. Go talk to someone about your childhood issues. You need to confront those wounds before you can start your own family. You need to heal

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Martinez39(m): 1:24pm On Aug 19, 2019
budaatum:

I think you are just trying to drown this in needless argument 39. You know very well that there are many parts of our country where fewer girls to school, and there are numerous societies in our own Nigeria where women do not inherit. You just need to read comments of potential girl parents on this thread to know that it is deliberate and due to parental ignorance.
You still are not being specific and you didn't answer my questions.
*) Where are women not allowed to go school?
*) Where are few girls going to school compared to boys and what do you think is reason for few girls going to school?
*) Does society and the constitution prevent women from going to school or limit the number of women in school? Answer with specific examples.

A lot of companies in Nigeria insist colleagues cannot marry each other while working for the company. First Registrars and Investor Services Limited is of personal experience.
This is a shocker and I will look into it. However, this law is not discrimination against women. It works against men and women.

It is the woman who tends to be the one who has to resign, though I do have one experience of a lawyer reigning for his accountant wife.
"A woman tends to.." is different from "A woman, by virtue of being a woman, is demanded and forced to..." The fact that a man could resign for his wife shows that the company is fair to both genders in it's rules.

And most societies are religious!
Wow! You conveniently left this out from my post "Most religions are misogynistic but all societies, apart from Islamic theocratic countries, do not enforce these negative views on women. In fact these societies are secular and have embraced gender equality both on individual level and institutional level and the adherents of these religions are leaning towards liberal and secular interpretation(of their holy books) and snubbing the horrible parts"

Yes you can attribute Jesus's education to very well read Mary if you can read and understand.

How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+1%3A26-38&version=NIV]The angel answered[/url], “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

Do note that Joseph did not have a clue and Jesus was not the Messiah of wood.
*face-palms* The verses say that Mary was informed by the angel about her coming pregnancy, child birth and son. It never says Mary instructed Jesus and made him who he is.

Be that as may be 39, that "book filled with myths" influences many!
It does not change the fact that the bible is filled with myths. Influence is not validity.

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Martinez39(m): 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ryan03:
This is a big lie and you know it.

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by budaatum: 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2019
Martinez39:
You still are not being specific and you didn't answer my questions. Answer with specific examples.
No I didn't. And I'm not going to. The answers are all around you so I will not bother. And it's got nothing to do with a specific religion but the ignorance of humans who think it wise to suppress the abilities of half its population.

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by budaatum: 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2019
Martinez39:

It does not change the fact that the bible is filled with myths. Influence is not validity.
And no one is arguing validity with you. The fact remains that religion, whether valid or not is highly influential in just about all societies. You yourself show religious influence on yourself by not being able to consider that Mary was well read and must have taught her son. Angel my ass, says I!
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by pansophist(m): 1:56pm On Aug 19, 2019
Feminism is a nutshell.

They want the privilege of women, the power of men, and the responsibility of none. Like a spoilt child, measuring shoulder with her parents, even if she lives freely in their house, and has no financial responsibilities to herself.

If after all your feminism, I still have to pay for dates, bride price, sacrifice my life in war, do the most dangerous and fatal jobs, approach you, and so on, then you're nothing more than a joke to me.

Good to see that feminist are becoming synonymous to losers, and for a good reason.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Martinez39(m): 2:11pm On Aug 19, 2019
budaatum:

No I didn't. And I'm not going to. The answers are all around you so I will not bother. And it's got nothing to do with a specific religion but the ignorance of humans who think it wise to suppress the abilities of half its population.
I never said anything had something to do with religion.

@bolded
grin

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by budaatum: 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
pansophist:

They want the privilege of women, the power of men, and the responsibility of none.
If only! Most of us know how much our mother's contribute to our welfare. She irresponsibly, as you claim, puts her tit in your mouth to nourish you. You run to her when you fall. She tops up your school money when father gives you little. And it's she who worries when you are ill. But I guess you are not at that level yet. Your priority is where your prick goes!

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Martinez39(m): 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2019
pansophist:
Feminism is a nutshell.

They want the privilege of women, the power of men, and the responsibility of none. Like a spoilt child, measuring shoulder with her parents, even if she lives freely in their house, and has no financial responsibilities to herself.

If after all your feminism, I still have to pay for dates, bride price, sacrifice my life in war, do the most dangerous and fatal jobs, approach you, and so on, then you're nothing more than a joke to me.

Good to see that feminist are becoming synonymous to losers, and for a good reason.
This is gold. Funny enough, when you tell these to toxic and irresponsible ladies, they usually respond with "but feminism is just equal rights and opportunities for both genders, what's wrong in that?" grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by pansophist(m): 2:21pm On Aug 19, 2019
budaatum:

If only! Most of us know how much our mother's contribute to our welfare. She irresponsibly, as you claim, puts her it in your mouth to nourish you. You run to her when you fall. She tops up your school money when father gives you little. And it's she who worries when you are ill. But I guess you are not at that level yet. Your priority is where your prick goes!

My mother is not a feminist, and she is an accomplished woman. I respect and adore her, and the only woman I can die for. Because my mother share the same gender with you feminist doesn't makes her one. Stop with the forceful feminist-by-association on the basis of gender.

Every other thing you wrote is guilt-tripping, advanced manipulative tactics and red-herring. Doesn't deserve any engagement.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by JONNYSPUTE(m): 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2019
pansophist:
Feminism is a nutshell.

.. Apt. 1000 likes for this comment.

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by pansophist(m): 2:33pm On Aug 19, 2019
Martinez39:
This is gold. Funny enough, when you tell these to toxic and irresponsible ladies, they usually respond with "but feminism is just equal rights and opportunities for both genders, what's wrong in that?" grin

The definition of feminism and it's real life practice are as different as night and day. Sometimes, I wonder if common sense is non existent to this modern-day feminist. Even in the face of mountainous irrefutable evidence of how feminism has become man hate, they somehow, quite skillful I must admit, absorb themselves of all responsibilities and put the blame back on men.

How is it fair that in some countries, men have to complete conscription before they can get a drivers license, state ID, vote while women just get it on the basis of being women ? Why do they only fight for top jobs and not the dirty ones? Why even though many earn more than men, will hardly marry men poorer than them?

If anything, I've come to accept that feminist can simultaneously hold and operate on two contradicting thoughts, without the consciousness to even consider themselves as hypocrites. In psychology, this phenomena is known as cognitive dissonance. For example, they won't fight the inequalities men face as outlined in the first paragraph, even though they claim that feminism also fights for mens rights. Bunch of hypocrites.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by mykealpha(m): 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2019
My son, we have heard you.
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 19, 2019
Michellekabod2:
Kudos to all the feminist advocating feminism,as for me,I quit as I realise that most of the ladies we fight for don't deserve it.
Feminism is a movement that supports the equality of both genders. But many wannabe feminist see it as an avenue to be men haters or avenue to ease themselves of gender roles and make men retain theirs. This has given feminism a bad name and made wannabe feminists are worst off those who Practice partraichy.
You see many so called feminist still insist a man handles all the bills, or a man should not hit back when a lady hits him first.
I created a thread on feminism some time back.Here is the link:https://www.nairaland.com/5246156/idea-feminism
A moniker liberalchick opposed me as though I was one of those still upholding patriarchy.

I have spent most of my life speaking up for females,and I am coming to be realize they to some extent deserve the ridicule they get from men.
Why do you think patriarchy is less prominent in developed by countries? because ladies are independent unlike Nigeria girls that will go out with a guy they don't fancy for free food(I am not against this though!). I can't keep fighting for women who feel entitled to a man pocket and feels he should not be entitled to her body. No gender owes any gender anything! A lady is not obliged to sleep with you except she choses to,and a guy is not obliged to spend a Kobo on you except he choses to!

The purpose of feminism is to liberate BOTH genders from the shackles society place on them,anybody who speaks up for just one gender is a sexist!

Feminism will never thrive until there is equality for both genders.

Today,a renowned male feminist @solomon buchi on Instagram who has always fought for women rights cautioned ladies against becoming men-haters and partial when it deals with fighting for feminism. Many ladies were pained,some called him names and many unfollowed him.
That is what I get when I tell girls to stop calling guys alone broke as broke should be used for any HUMAN with financial hardships-they attack me ferrociously!
The same ladies applaud me when I say the tag "hoes" should be used on both genders if they are sexually lose and not just females.

I concluded that speaking up for feminism ain't worth it anymore. I am a feminist!proud to be one, but I will be mute henceforth whenever patriarchy is practiced as females are the main opposition to feminism in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by budaatum: 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2019
pansophist:

My mother is not a feminist, and she is an accomplished woman. I respect and adore her, and the only woman I can die for. Because my mother share the same gender with you feminist doesn't makes her one. Stop with the forceful feminist-by-association on the basis of gender.

Every other thing you wrote is guilt-tripping, advanced manipulative tactics and red-herring. Doesn't deserve any engagement.
Your mother does not need to be a feminist for you to understand the stupidity of your claim that women do not want responsibility, which you really know they have lots of. But as I said, your concern is where you poke your prick so I expect that to be your focus and not the more enabling environment we advocate for your daughters!
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by hayzed1090: 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2019
etrange:

Equality here is not about shying away from the fact that men are stronger in some places while women are better in others, no. In fact, equality here is about acknowledging those differences and appreciating the fact that they compliment each other so no gender is actually superior to the other. It's about removing prejudice. It's about equal opportunities and recognition. Let the woman try and fail, don't deny her the trial cause she's a woman.

This stuff is very straight forward , no matter how and where ur arguments are coming from , there can never be EQUALITY BETWEEN MALE and FEMALE, the only thing possible is EQUITY. there are instances where male will be favoured and others where female will be favoured .
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2019
LordReed:
Its unfortunate that the question of equality for the sexes is still even a thing, we should have already moved past this already. And bad situation is made worse by the sort of divisions you mention.

I just hope we can achieve equality despite all of the divisions, it's about time.
So sane men still exist

Didn't know you are active on romance section, should have mentioned
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2019
pansophist:

The definition of feminism and it's real life practice are as different as night and day. Sometimes, I wonder if common sense is non existent to this modern-day feminist. Even in the face of mountainous irrefutable evidence of how feminism has become man hate, they somehow, quite skillful I must admit, absorb themselves of all responsibilities and put the blame back on men.

How is it fair that in some countries, men have to complete conscription before they can get a drivers license, state ID, vote while women just get it on the basis of being women ? Why do they only fight for top jobs and not the dirty ones? Why even though many earn more than men, will hardly marry men poorer than them?

If anything, I've come to accept that feminist can simultaneously hold and operate on two contradicting thoughts, without the consciousness to even consider themselves as hypocrites. In psychology, this phenomena is known as cognitive dissonance. For example, they won't fight the inequalities men face as outlined in the first paragraph. Bunch of hypocrites.

I always advocate for equal rights between two genders!
Infact I fight got the rights of all humans, including LGBT...so I am not a hypocrite. I don't eat my cake and wanna have it.

If ladies are male-haters,if they have a right reason for being so because of the opression they receive ,then is it bad?
If a gal was deprived of education,or ill treated for being female, should it be bad if she grows up hating males? As budaatum stated, there must be a cause for it
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by kilisi(m): 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2019
budaatum:

Excuse me but could you open your eyes and read the response instead of covering your eyes and claiming we never "truthfully answered this question"!

Just saw it after my earlier comment.

I will give a robust response to the 4 points raised when time permits me later. But so you know, in my opinion, none of them hold water in my opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I'm Bewildered!!! She Said To Have A 3some!!! / . / At What Age Women Are Best In Bed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.