Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism (5642 Views)

Isa Sulaiman & Janine Sanchez: 'I No Fit Love Any Nigerian Woman Again' / Nigerian Man Walks Away On His Wedding Day, Shouting " I No Do Again" (Photos) / “Women Rarely Speak Up About Financially Supporting Their Male Partners” – Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 18, 2019
ubunja:
so you hate men AND women.

What do you even stand for?
I hate no human, I only hate stupidity which you display at times

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 11:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
Masama:
Feminism as we have it now is a very misguided ideology being promoted by people who are motivated by hatred, bitterness and improper pride
they're just lesbians.

4 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by etrange: 11:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
Michellekabod2:

I never quited being a feminist o, I only said I will not be speaking for them

Let your instincts guide you. In such endeavours, no one can be cajoled or persuaded into participating. You can only be driven by the desire to change some things happening around you. Just stay open minded

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 11:59pm On Aug 18, 2019
Michellekabod2:
I hate no human, I only hate stupidity which you display at times
then call the stupidity I display "cow dung", not me.

4 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 19, 2019
ubunja:
then call the stupidity I display "cow dung", not me.
Then why call feminist losers? Why not insult feminism?
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by eyeview: 12:02am On Aug 19, 2019
There are no real feminists in Nigeria. I once spoke to an old friend who's a feminist in the US (We grew up together) and I saw that her idea of feminism is totally different from the ones exhibited by Nigerians. Infact, she saw the Nigerian feminists as jokers who leach off men. As a true feminist, she won't allow any man pay for anything for her. She picks her own bills. In Nigeria, a self acclaimed feminist will be the first to call a man broke for not spending his money on her. Yet, she's seeking equality. Most Nigerian feminists don't know what feminism is.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by lilmax(m): 12:02am On Aug 19, 2019
lol Nigerian women are not feminists o

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 12:03am On Aug 19, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Then why call feminist losers? Why not insult feminism?
because Feminists are losers. You know what they lost? Men's respect. Men's help. Men's money. Men's favor.

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 12:05am On Aug 19, 2019
eyeview:
There are no real feminists in Nigeria. I once spoke to an old friend who's a feminist in the US (We grew up together) and I saw that her idea of feminism is totally different from the ones exhibited by Nigerians. Infact, she saw the Nigerian feminists as jokers who leach off men. As a true feminist, she won't allow any man pay for anything for her. She picks her own bills. In Nigeria, a self acclaimed feminist will be the first to call a man broke for not spending his money on her. Yet, she's seeking equality. Most Nigerian feminists don't know what feminism is.
To be fair, in the West, even the old women's feminism is different from the younger women's feminsm.

There are waves to this thing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by olilanya: 12:08am On Aug 19, 2019
etrange:
Dear OP, I'd be dishonest to myself if I say I don't quite see your point. Women aren't making things easier for themselves and it's discouraging.

However, quiting a quest for equality of genders (a noble quest, I must say) cause women don't thrive to take care of themselves and be independent of men as much they should is like a doctor running away when he sees accident victims. Feminism is not all about chastising men and telling them how they should treat and make space for women. It's also about pushing women and telling them how they should thrive on their own. So what you mentioned as a reason for quiting feminism is actually part of the reason why were a feminist in the first place. You saw the problem you came to solve and you're running away. If Nigerian ladies were as resourceful as their male counterparts, they wouldn't be much need for feminists like yourself. Calling out lazy women, criticising ladies who feel entitiled, speaking against girls that trade their bodies for money, encouraging ladies to learn some skills, etc are as much the jobs of a feminist as criticizing men who treat women like second class citizens is.

Thetefore, I think what you need is not to quite the cause but to first review your definition of the concept of feminism and then decide afterwards if you can carry the cross.

My opinion
SECONDED

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 19, 2019
ubunja:
because Feminists are losers. You know what they lost? Men's respect. Men's help. Men's money. Men's favor.
what do we need their money for? Don't we have hands to work? As for their respect then it's obvious men don't respect people for their character but gender roles. So you men respect a non feminist that is wicked, selfish,etc than a good, loving,well mannered feminist? You focus on feminine nature not character,intellect? shame....
Cc etrange
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by budaatum: 12:11am On Aug 19, 2019
Female oppression is just way too much for me to abandon fighting pigs. In fact, I'd go as far as claiming the women who misuse the feminist tag do so precisely because they are oppressed by pigs!

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by budaatum: 12:12am On Aug 19, 2019
Michellekabod2:
as long as you are ubunja then you remain a piece of cow dung
Lol! I though you said you gave up. With pigs like that around, one just can't!

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 19, 2019
Mad people everywhere

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 12:18am On Aug 19, 2019
Michellekabod2:
what do we need their money for? Don't we have hands to work? As for their respect then it's obvious men don't respect people for their character but gender roles. So you men respect a non feminist that is wicked, selfish,etc than a good, loving,well mannered feminist? You focus on feminine nature not character,intellect? shame....
Cc etrange
why work when you can have someone slave for you 9-5??

2 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 12:19am On Aug 19, 2019
budaatum:
Female oppression is just way too much for me to abandon fighting pigs. In fact, I'd go as far as claiming the women who misuse the feminist tag do so precisely because they are oppressed by pigs!
lesbians everywhere

3 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 19, 2019
ubunja:
lesbians everywhere
stop being ridiculous. All your post are please. How to s feminism lesbianism??
Your ignorance is pitiful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 12:27am On Aug 19, 2019
Blackivy27:
stop being ridiculous. All your post are please. How to s feminism lesbianism??
Your ignorance is pitiful.
another lesbian gets triggered by Ubunja

3 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 2:13am On Aug 19, 2019
ubunja:
another lesbian gets triggered by Ubunja
I wish.
But I would like to discuss your sexuality Ubunja.
We both know how messy it is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 4:42am On Aug 19, 2019
Blackivy27:
I wish.
it's not me who said it

"Feminism is the theory; lesbianism is the practice" - Ti-Grace Atkinson.

3 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by MJBOLT: 5:15am On Aug 19, 2019
i know a girl who is a feminist

ednut1:
There are no feminists in Nigeria but bitter women. The solomon buchi guy self na ass licker. 9ja feminist claim they want equality but when it comes to splitting bills they no go gree. Ewu grin
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by etrange: 5:18am On Aug 19, 2019
Michellekabod2:
Cc etrange

Perfectly put.

I mean, if things were right, why should the women folks be overly concerned about losing men's respect? Don't they deserve some respect too? Do men fear losing women's respect when they go preaching chauvinism? Most importantly, why would a man disrespect a woman simply because she asks to be treated as a fellow first class citizen? So he'd rather have her trailing behind as usual? What exactly is the fear about?

Truth is, any form of respect that does consider women as equal is mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 5:41am On Aug 19, 2019
etrange:

Perfectly put.

I mean, if things were right, why should the women folks be overly concerned about losing men's respect? Don't they deserve some respect too? Do men fear losing women's respect when they go preaching chauvinism? Most importantly, why would a man disrespect a woman simply because she asks to be treated as a fellow first class citizen? So he'd rather have her trailing behind as usual? What exactly is the fear about?

Truth is, any form of respect that does consider women as equal is mediocrity.
continue competing and losing with men while clever girls like Regina Daniels use their pussy and youth to marry billionaires and live the lifestyle you all envy.

You think she'll ever worry about rent? Or where her next meal is coming from? Unlike yourself.

While you're online putting yourselves as equals to men, every little girl right now wishes to grow up to be like Regina. Not some feminist.

11 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 19, 2019
ubunja:
continue competing and losing with men while clever girls like Regina Daniels use their pussy and youth to marry billionaires and live the lifestyle you all envy.

You think she'll ever worry about rent? Or where her next meal is coming from? Unlike yourself.

While you're online putting yourselves as equals to men, every little girl right now wishes to grow up to be like Regina. Not some feminist.
just concluded you are not worthy of audience anymore following the fact that you called single moms losers and said nothing when the issue was brought up on single. Your partially and misogynistic attitude will take you no where in life...shame though,shame
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by ubunja(m): 6:18am On Aug 19, 2019
Michellekabod2:
just concluded you are not worthy of audience anymore following the fact that you called single moms losers and said nothing when the issue was brought up on single. Your partially and misogynistic attitude will take you no where in life...shame though,shame
Regina Daniels is practically a billionaire right now.

Are you gonna ignore that fact forever? Feminist?

5 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 19, 2019
Michellekabod2:
Kudos to all the feminist advocating feminism,as for me,I quit as I realise that most of the ladies we fight for don't deserve it.
Feminism is a movement that supports the equality of both genders. But many wannabe feminist see it as an avenue to be men haters or avenue to ease themselves of gender roles and make men retain theirs. This has given feminism a bad name and made wannabe feminists are worst off those who Practice partraichy.
You see many so called feminist still insist a man handles all the bills, or a man should not hit back when a lady hits him first.
I created a thread on feminism some time back.Here is the link:https://www.nairaland.com/5246156/idea-feminism
A moniker liberalchick opposed me as though I was one of those still upholding patriarchy.

I have spent most of my life speaking up for females,and I am coming to be realize they to some extent deserve the ridicule they get from men.
Why do you think patriarchy is less prominent in developed by countries? because ladies are independent unlike Nigeria girls that will go out with a guy they don't fancy for free food(I am not against this though!). I can't keep fighting for women who feel entitled to a man pocket and feels he should not be entitled to her body. No gender owes any gender anything! A lady is not obliged to sleep with you except she choses to,and a guy is not obliged to spend a Kobo on you except he choses to!

The purpose of feminism is to liberate BOTH genders from the shackles society place on them,anybody who speaks up for just one gender is a sexist!

Feminism will never thrive until there is equality for both genders.

Today,a renowned male feminist @solomon buchi on Instagram who has always fought for women rights cautioned ladies against becoming men-haters and partial when it deals with fighting for feminism. Many ladies were pained,some called him names and many unfollowed him.
That is what I get when I tell girls to stop calling guys alone broke as broke should be used for any HUMAN with financial hardships-they attack me ferrociously!
The same ladies applaud me when I say the tag "hoes" should be used on both genders if they are sexually lose and not just females.

I concluded that speaking up for feminism ain't worth it anymore. I am a feminist!proud to be one, but I will be mute henceforth whenever patriarchy is practiced as females are the main opposition to feminism in Nigeria!

Cc:ubunja,saffi,fuministicqueen, Martinez39,MJBOLT,amatarasha,biglittlelois,illamina
Good for you,welcome to the side that advocates for your best interests. I left feminism years ago.

Still doesn't stop ignorant men who disagree with my views from calling me a feminist just because i went to school and can think for myself

1 Like

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 19, 2019
Blackivy27:
I wish.
Rumor has it he goes through backyard and has issues coming to terms with it.
Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Martinez39(m): 7:20am On Aug 19, 2019
At last you have seen the truth. Feminists don't want equality, they want female superiority and free passes for women. Funny enough, they turn out not to like equality and will attack you when you try to enforce true equality in all aspects. They simply want the good part of equality but not the responsibilities. Despite the fact that society has given them equality in rights and opportunities, and even extra privileges, feminists will always scream that they are oppressed and men are the reason. They just keep manufacturing these oppression because it's their means to earning more privileges. They are hypocrites as well and not worth fighting for.

Try to give women special privileges and free passes, you become their friend. Try to enforce equality, you become their enemy. grin

I created a thread titled Hypocrisy of Society When it Comes to Gender Equality but guess what? The so called feminists that commented on that thread were not interested in addressing my valid point and working towards equality but they were derailing, shaming and talking off point.

When Neymar was falsely accused of rape, no feminist in brazil talked about due process instead they were supporting his accuser. When Neymar released screenshots of the chats and nudes as evidence exonerating him, guess what feminists need? They demanded that he be arrested for releasing her nudes without consent. grin Even the feminists on NL are not different. When a topic about a woman slapping a man is created, they are nowhere to be found but if the genders were reversed, you will see them.

Feminists don't really care, they fight for what benefits them individually even if it means throwing other women under the bus. If they really care about rape victims, why don't fight for due process? If we believe women blindly, false accusations would be common and no one would take rape accusations seriously even the accusations of real victims thereby harming real victims. They don't care. grin

They are cruel and selfish women not worth fighting for.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Martinez39(m): 7:51am On Aug 19, 2019
FEMINISTS HYPOCRISY 101
MAN : (slaps a woman)
FEMINISTS : misogynistic pig and oppressor of women.(gets outraged all over social media)

WOMAN : (slaps a man)
FEMINISTS : he shouldn't have gotten her angry. (silent on social media)

MAN : I had sex with this my girlfriend for months/years and committed many abortions but I don't want to marry her.
FEMINISTS : you are a wicked man. You are irresponsible. You better man up. You are having sex and making her commit abortions yet you don't want to marry her? You had better marry her.

WOMEN : this my boyfriend has been spending heavily on me for many months/years. He even bought houses and cars in my names and helped my family financially but I don't want to marry him.
FEMINISTS : you are a liberated and empowered woman. You are free to leave, it is your choice and body. Spending on you doesn't mean you owe him marriage.

A feminist that can't afford cheap rubber slippers is broke shaming a guy and telling him to get his money up. grin They broke shame boys but don't think girls should be broke shamed.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Martinez39(m): 8:04am On Aug 19, 2019
FEMINISTS HYPOCRISY 101
FEMINISTS : no one has the right to define gender roles for women. To do such is sexist. Women are not obliged to sweep, cook, wash or do house chores. Men should contribute in house chores and wash their clothes themselves.

——— later ———

FEMINISTS : men are supposed to provide. Real men have money and spend on their women.
ME : Are you not being hypocritical by defining gender roles for men? Suppose I say real women are supposed to make money and spend on their men?
FEMINISTS : Error 404!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by Martinez39(m): 8:05am On Aug 19, 2019
budaatum:
In what way are women oppressed? Can you give me a specific example?

3 Likes

Re: I No Longer Speak Up For Feminism by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:14am On Aug 19, 2019
Martinez39:
At last you have seen the truth. Feminists don't want equality, they want female superiority and free passes for women. Funny enough, they turn out not to like equality and will attack you when you try to enforce true equality in all aspects. They simply want the good part of equality but not the responsibilities. Despite the fact that society has given them equality in rights and opportunities, and even extra privileges, feminists will always scream that they are oppressed and men are the reason. They just keep manufacturing these oppression because it's their means to earning more privileges. They are hypocrites as well and not worth fighting for.

Try to give women special privileges and free passes, you become their friend. Try to enforce equality, you become their enemy. grin

I created a thread titled Hypocrisy of Society When it Comes to Gender Equality but guess what? The so called feminists that commented on that thread were not interested in addressing my valid point and working towards equality but they were derailing, shaming and talking off point.

When Neymar was falsely accused of rape, no feminist in brazil talked about due process instead they were supporting his accuser. When Neymar released screenshots of the chats and nudes as evidence exonerating him, guess what feminists need? They demanded that he be arrested for releasing her nudes without consent. grin Even the feminists on NL are not different. When a topic about a woman slapping a man is created, they are nowhere to be found but if the genders were reversed, you will see them.

Feminists don't really care, they fight for what benefits them individually even if it means throwing other women under the bus. If they really care about rape victims, why don't fight for due process? If we believe women blindly, false accusations would be common and no one would take rape accusations seriously even the accusations of real victims thereby harming real victims. They don't care. grin

They are cruel and selfish women not worth fighting for.
.. You people get time to be discussing with them.For long now,I don't talk about these so called feminists. Claim that rubbish near me and I will treat you the exact way I will treat my fellow man.No time for rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If This Was To Be A Movie. What Would Be The Title? Hilarious Picture / Once You Toast A Girl- She Avoids You!why / Why Am I Still Single?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.