Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC (25599 Views)

2023: Tinubu Attacks Atiku, Calls Him A Pathological Liar / Bisi Akande, An Apron String Of Tinubu Is A Pathological Liar - Pa Adebanjo / Jackson Ude Is A Pathological Liar; What Hasn’t He Lied About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by Despirado121(m): 8:39am On Aug 28, 2019
The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), an Islamic human rights organisation has again attacked Governor Nyesom Wike and his administration over the alleged demolition of the Trans-Amadi mosque in Port Harcourt, the Rivers state capital.

In a statement released by its Director, Isahq Akintola today August 28th, the Islamic group called Governor Wike a pathological liar for “denying he pulling down the Trans-Amadi mosque”.

Recall that Governor Wike, denied media reports that a mosque was demolished in the state. In a statement he released on Monday, the governor warned muslims in the state not to allow themselves be used by disgruntled politicians to cause chaos in the state. Muslims in the state claimed the governor had sent bulldozers aided by thugs and mobile policemen to pull down the Trans-Amadi Central Mosque on Tuesday 20th August, 2019.

In this strong worded statement, the group blasted Governor Wike for describing the state as a Christian state.

“Wike is a pathological liar. He denied pulling down Trans-Amadi mosque. That is a lie from the pit of Jahannam. So what happened to Trans-Amadi mosque? Was it knocked down by invading elephants? Was there a cyclone in Port Harcourt? Wike can say that to the marines. Nigerians have seen a manifestation of the five evils Chamberlain spoke about in Rivers State: brute force, bad faith, injustice, oppression and persecution.

“Wike should have known the implications of his outbursts. Just two months ago (June 2019), he said, ‘Rivers State is a Christian state and I have no apologies for saying that.’ A cleric from the South West who was in the gathering commended him for making such a declaration. Any reasonable person will tie the two incidents together. We are constrained to congratulate Wike for walking his talk. It was like, ‘I told you people that this state is a Christian state and you are still building a new mosque. Boys! Go and pull it down!’

“His latest words, I did not demolish any mosque’ are therefore coming too late. They are afterthoughts and sheer play on semantics. He admitted pulling down ‘an illegal structure’. But how can a building whose plan was approved by the state government before you came into office become illegal? For the avoidance of doubt, the survey plan number of the building is AI/RV2009/D13 and the building plan number is RTP/09/617. Both were approved by the state government since 2009.

As far as Nigerians are concerned, those two documents are vital and a mosque is a mosque, whether it is a completed structure, half or quarter completed. Muslims congregate there and worship. There are uncompleted mosques all over Nigeria where Muslims worship daily. The case of Trans-Amadi Mosque cannot be isolated.

Mosques take years to finish in Nigeria these days for several reasons but it is common to see Muslims using them even as they are under construction. Funds come in trickles because mosques collect no tithes and foreign aid has been strangulated by United States embargo on aid from Arab countries whereas foreign aid continues to flow into churches, mostly from the same US.

Just yesterday, a church leader boasted that it planted 65,000 churches in six months. He has our best wishes but no state governor has the right to demolish our mosques no matter how poor they may appear. We cherish the devotion of Muslim worshippers and the serenity of our poor mosques more than any outward embellishment. Didn’t the Bible say ‘God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth? (John 4:24)

Your Excellency, pictures do not lie. Neither do video clips, unless they are doctored. We watched three video clips where you declared that Rivers State is a Christian state. Can you deny that? We raw the rubble where there used to be a mosque structure. But you are now denying that you demolished a mosque. Who does not understand semantics?

Oh, we can see clearly. It became illegal because it is a mosque and it must go down because no new mosque must emerge after the ‘almighty’ governor has declared the state as a Christian state. A la l’etat c’est moi, n’est c’est pas? It had better not be. Even Louis XIV to whom that infamous declaration is attributed regretted his feudal absolutism on his deathbed when he said, ‘Je m’en vais, mais l’Etat demeurera toujours’, i.e. ‘I depart, but the State shall always remain’.

We remind Governor Wike that there are rules of engagement in every decent society and he must respect those rules. Wike is governor today but like the French king, Louis, he must go one day. Wike’s declaration of the state as a Christian state stands in contradistinction to Section 10 of the Nigerian Constitution. It is therefore unconstitutional and his demolition of the mosque is ultra vires.

Wike is definitely not the only Christian governor in a Christian-dominated state. Ten other states in the sub-region have very large Christian population: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu, and Imo. But Wike is the only one who declared his state a Christian state. Wike wants to be more Christian than Jesus. What of the other governors? Are they not Christians as well? Who did this to Rivers State?

“The executive governor of Rivers State is now running from pillar to post in order to cover his tracks. But it is too late. Words are like eggs, they break into fragments once they are allowed to drop. Again, we must note that he repeated those words on three different occasions and in the presence of journalists. Once is happenstance, twice is a coincidence. The third time is enemy action. True to his words, Wike took a wicked decision, viz, to pull down the house of God.

“It is now clear to all and sundry that Wike does not look before he leaps. He acts on impulse. He should have known the implication of pulling down a mosque two months after declaring his state a Christian state. That is the question. That is the crux of the problem. They say action speaks louder than voice. This demolition is even worse than Wike’s unconstitutional declaration. We have no scintilla of doubt that Wike’s wicked action is a followup to his declaration.

“Our message to Governor Wike is this: Your Excellency sir, verily indeed we say unto you, you have bulldozers, we have Allah. You may bring down our mosque. You cannot remove iman (faith) and piety (taqwah) from our hearts. Islam is in our lives and a million bulldozers cannot extirpate it.

“To deceive Nigerians after demolishing a mosque, Wike argued that there were other mosques still standing in Port Harcourt. We reject Wike’s warped thinking. Those mosques he refered to were built before he came to power. They were built during the reign of governors who were not boastful, arrogant, belligerent and power drunk.

“It will be in Wike’s best interest to invite the management of Trans-Amadi Mosque which he pulled down wilfully, consciously and deliberately. That action is illegal, unlawful and unconstitutional in view of a court declaration that the property belongs to the Muslims.

“Wike is advised to undo what he has done by engaging the management of that mosque in dialogue. Wike must refund the total cost of what he caused to demolish and allow construction work to resume at the site. Only this can douse the tension generated by Wike’s wicked act. In addition, the Roi Soleil of Rivers State is advised to, in his remaining days in office, engage in tactical withdrawal of his inflammatory, unguarded and unconstitutional statement about his state being a Christian state.

“Meanwhile, we implore Nigerian Muslims to remain calm and law abiding. There should be no tit for tat. Not all Christian governors are like the governor of Rivers State and definitely not all Christians are as bellicose, militant, boastful, arrogant and mischievious as Nyesome.

“Wike’s wickedness may surpass that of Herod but thousands of Nigerian Christians are kind-hearted, warm and friendly. We therefore advise against any revenge action by any Muslim governor against any church building. Neither should any Muslim individual or group attack any individual Christian or group of Christians in any part of the country.

“We invite Nigerians to love one another regardless of religion and ethnicity. We urge peace-loving Christians to ignore the divisive, autocratic and self-righteous antics of Wike. This man cannot be the ambassador of Nigerian Christians. We need peace to build a prosperous Nigeria. We are therefore willing to live in peace with our Christian neighbours.

“In summary, we assert that Wike is a pathological liar for denying his role in the demolition of Trans-Amadi Mosque in PortHarcourt. We demand adequate compensation for the destroyed mosque and the right to resume construction at the site with immediate effect. Finally, we extend our hand of fellowship to peace-loving and law-abiding Christians throughout Nigeria.”

http://igberetvnews.com/941416/youre-a-pathological-liar-muric-insists-wike-demolish-mosque-in-rivers/

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by PureGoldh(m): 8:42am On Aug 28, 2019
There is fire on the mountain and no one seems to be running grin

Truth be told... If Governor Wike has any link to the demolishing of the mosque..he have violated Nigeria's criminal code (section 204) no man is to be restrained to a particular religion.

We all have freedom of movement and religion...

Nigeria is One single entity.. We should always try to live in Peace and Unity

My peOple, I have Original Unadulterated honey

Call or whatsapp me on 081 0166 6771

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by jarawa: 8:42am On Aug 28, 2019
Nigerian and religious

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by ignitewatch(m): 8:42am On Aug 28, 2019
At least they should show us pictures of the demolished building now.
Can't someone even use a simple phone camera to snap.

All these back and forth accusations and counter accusations is very unnecessary

140 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by APCHaram: 8:44am On Aug 28, 2019
This idiot again

Do they allow building of Churches in their model state, Saudi Arabia?

129 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by Chidexter(m): 8:45am On Aug 28, 2019
i cant possibly read this shit to save my life

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 28, 2019
These people are very foolish sha! Look at them making demands like anyone cares about their demands.

Does Wike mark and demolish buildings in PH or there has always been a commission that does that without taking orders from the government?

Was the site approved by the commission and did they get all the legalities required before embarking on such a journey? Who want compensate Una? With which person money?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by PlayerMeji: 8:51am On Aug 28, 2019
These MURIC people should go and sit down on a red hot stove.. Jàre.

With those dirty beards and wrinkled three-quarter trousers, Nigeria is under siege by their co-jihadists and they are not saying anything...

Stupid bunch of people..

Modified for all those people quoting me...

Typically, how your folks have been known to react from time immemorial.

Wanting to dominate everywhere even when they will not allow such within their own area, forming victims when in fact they are the oppressor, wanting to shove their religion on other people's throats.

Wike is wise enough to know that that's how you people start... You begin by opening a small shed where you congregate to worship, later you extend to building a mosque because you claim the space is not big enough anymore, you graduate to installing an Emir or Sheikh for the area because you claim that you need some better administration because of the population. Before we know, you begin to claim ownership of the areas around, when you get that, you begin to state laws that they must abide to(Sharia).

Before you and I know, the land is proclaimed a Sharia Protectorate.

Kolewerk

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by Davash222(m): 8:52am On Aug 28, 2019
MURIC should build another mosque for Rivers Muslims since they insists Wike demolished the mosque.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by APCHaram: 8:53am On Aug 28, 2019
They are very afraid.

All this nonsense over a useless mosque because Wike has declared Rivers a Christian State

The only State in Nigeria to have been consecrated for Christ.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by APCHaram: 8:55am On Aug 28, 2019
Myobjective Iblad0994 come and carry your "tolerant" Muslim enabler to Sokoto

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by Moventist: 9:17am On Aug 28, 2019
Rivers is 100% Christian state if you like , all the Muslims should jump into Atlantic Ocean which is not far from Trans-amadi

12 states are practising Sharia law, who stopped them , they are using oil money to fund Sharia courts and their judges. Terrorist MURIC didn't see all that

The said Mosque was stopped since Ameachi administration because it's illegal . There are mosques built in different part of Port Harcourt,no one stopped them from worshipping their God . Below are some pictures

The pains of MURIC is the boldness of Wike to stand with Christians , in this jihadist regime of his financier ,the terrorist president

Where was MURIC when several churches were destroyed and Christians are restricted in most part of the north ?

Currently, there are some local governments in Katsina that Hausa-Fulani Christians constitute Majority but they dear not come to contest any position because of their Christian faith

Yorubas should be weary of this jihadist terrorist among them before it get out of hand

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by itsme01: 9:17am On Aug 28, 2019
smiley

abeg make una leave wike alone, very soon the boyman go learn lesson say life pass rivers state

Peter China Obi do pass this one na

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by Thisis2raw(m): 9:17am On Aug 28, 2019
There have never been any mosque there, tho the land was fraudulently purchased for that purpose, which the govt took the seller and buyer to court and won. Now they went ahead after a few years after the court ruling to develop the land which the govt stop them.

How can they build a mosque at the center of pH. God forbid that can never happen in my city and state Rivers state..... NEVER. Rivers state is a Christian state

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by GeoAfrikana(m): 9:18am On Aug 28, 2019
Such a long article, I took my time to read it and I must say, this Muric man deserves an accolade for this article.

Secondly, the comments above me are perfect illustrations of religious intolerance and hateful hearts. No one even tried to objectively tackle the article not even Grabhisballs that calls herself a writer and intellectual. Seems people lose their intellectuality when it comes to ethno-religious hate.

Thirdly, that statement by governor Wike (I mean his declaration of Rivers as Christian state) is completely undiplomatic. They're the same people who call PMB a dictator. Now it's clear that their definition of a dictator is anyone who won't satisfy their whims and desires.

Lastly, and in conclusion, the above comments shows the true practice of Nigerian Christians. They preach love but practice hate. They are the definition of hypocrisy.

I rest my case.

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by Blizzy9ja: 9:18am On Aug 28, 2019
This Muric should just let this lie abeg... Of course Rivers state is a Christian state and there's no denying.

I know how this statement hurts Muric but the truth is if you cannot find a predominant Islamic community in Rivers state then it is a Christian state.

Muric should come down to River state and show us the site they should not just stay in the SW of North and stir a religious crisis here

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by Nnemuka(f): 9:18am On Aug 28, 2019
But no mosque was erected in the first place so which one was demolished?
The last time i checked the only erection demolished was Wadume's own.
APC's political gun runner and kidnapper. grin cheesy

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by SIMEONMPEE(m): 9:18am On Aug 28, 2019
I feel like traveling out of this country... can you imagine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by OhiOfIhima: 9:18am On Aug 28, 2019
The wike has no idea of what he is doing. coming out to declared River State as a Christian State was totally wrong. Demolished one of the central Masjid within without any backup of illegal structure show how myopic n fanatic he is against Islam.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by soberdrunk(m): 9:18am On Aug 28, 2019
...........as if Rivers State doesn't have enough problems already......... angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by GeoAfrikana(m): 9:18am On Aug 28, 2019
For those saying that Rivers is a Christian state because it has a Christian majority population I guess you'll also agree with me that Nigeria is a Muslim country because it has a Muslim majority population.

So also all south-western states except Ondo and Ekiti are Muslim states because they have Muslim majority population.

If truely you believe what you're saying then you shouldn't have any problem with Kaduna governorship because it has a Christian minority population.

This is a simple and clear matter. Unfortunately, bigotry and hate obfuscates rational thinking.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by Mutemenot(m): 9:18am On Aug 28, 2019
Wike is ever ready for una grin

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by RZArecta2(m): 9:19am On Aug 28, 2019
Muric the terrorist organization has come to talk nonsense again cool

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by majamajic(m): 9:19am On Aug 28, 2019
why not show pictures of before and after ?

u can still go ahead and do your worst, Na today ?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 9:20am On Aug 28, 2019
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by CHOPUP411(m): 9:20am On Aug 28, 2019
Evil people,muric should be proscribe

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by nototribalist: 9:21am On Aug 28, 2019
Yorubas need to chain this man in Yaba left before he will cause religious war for them.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by PureGoldh(m): 9:21am On Aug 28, 2019
Wahala dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 9:22am On Aug 28, 2019
APCHaram:
This idiot again

Do they allow building of Churches in their model state, Saudi Arabia?
So you are blaming Nigeria Muslims for actions carried out in Saudi.And if i call you a donkey now you will be offended.You are truly a fanatic.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:22am On Aug 28, 2019
If our leaders do the same down the North. Some people will start wailing. Just look at the comments. Still blaming Muslims

18 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kogi APC Governorship Ticket: Screening Committee Knocks Out Jibril, Irukera / Breaking: Tinubu Involved In Funsho Williams Death / Osun Poll: See Why The Candidacy Of Adeoti/adeolu May Be The Best For Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.