Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,549 members, 7,850,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike (27582 Views)

Hakeem Baba-Ahmed Condemns Wike's Appointment Of 14,000 Advisers / Muric Condemns Wike For Demolishing Mosque / Rivers APC Condemns Wike’s Ban On Public Rallies, Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 30, 2019
Shekarau, that was same man Jonathan gave minister of education...

Jonathan really shot himself on the leg.

5 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Khan2013(m): 7:56am On Aug 30, 2019
APCHaram:

Stop deceiving yourself.

Did El Rufai not pick a Muslim running mate declaring that Christians in the state will never support or endorse him.
give a link to the story .
Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Pentasoft1978: 7:57am On Aug 30, 2019
stop beating about the bush over issues of religion. tell us who is Asok Rock.
People should ask themselves what is preventing the real Buhari's family, Aisha in particular, from suing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) for libel, slander and defamation in his weighty declarations after declarations that Mohammadu Buhari is dead and replaced by an impostor? She has the connections and resources to institute almighty litigations against Mazi Kanu if truly Buhari is alive. That alone would truncate the mission of IPOB forever. Where's her courage of conviction in proving that the man in Aso Rock is her husband?
Nnamdi Kanu is not in hiding. He tours the world in his pursuit for Biafra. So you can't call him a faceless accuser. The cold silence from from the first family goes to underscore Kanu's position about Buhari's demise. If Kanu was just yapping, what could have given him the temerity to order IPOB members to be hunting for jubril for international disgrace? EZIOKWU NA AKWU OTO.

2 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 30, 2019
fiizznation:
Rivers state is NOT a christian state or anything relating to that, there are indigenous Rivers Muslims even though they maybe in the minority class. Governor wike shouldn't cross his boundary. Man have like how many years before his tenure expires? Why demolished a place of worship of Muslims just because of the very little power you have? And stupid people like wike are always the first idiots to accuse northerners of intolerance.

There are many churches in the north that are built were they aren't supposed to build them, but NO northern governor has ever demolished any of the churches. Many churches in the north usually cause a lot of traffic on Sundays, but nobody is demolishing them. What about the noise pollution that these numerous churches usually cause? I know people like wike will want to act all brave and damn the consequences of their actions,
but only a foolish dog will challenge the lion to a fight just because the hyena promises to be by his side. A word they say is enough for the wise.

And those silly hypocrites that called themselves CAN will never condemn this, but they are always quick to accused buhari of islamization agenda.

Rivers is a Christian state.

There is a clear difference between light and darkness.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Khan2013(m): 8:13am On Aug 30, 2019
Pentasoft1978:
People should ask themselves what is preventing the real Buhari's family, Aisha in particular, from suing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) for libel, slander and defamation in his weighty declarations after declarations that Mohammadu Buhari is dead and replaced by an impostor? She has the connections and resources to institute almighty litigations against Mazi Kanu if truly Buhari is alive. That alone would truncate the mission of IPOB forever. Where's her courage of conviction in proving that the man in Aso Rock is her husband?
Nnamdi Kanu is not in hiding. He tours the world in his pursuit for Biafra. So you can't call him a faceless accuser. The cold silence from from the first family goes to underscore Kanu's position about Buhari's demise. If Kanu was just yapping, what could have given him the temerity to order IPOB members to be hunting for jubril for international disgrace? EZIOKWU NA AKWU OTO.
you probably believe earth is flat too and moon landing is a hoax, there is no point arguing with you if you believe what even a 10 year old boy will laugh at if he was told. f*ck off
Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by respect80(m): 8:32am On Aug 30, 2019
Khan2013:

but did he said kaduna is an islamic state?
or did he destroy their place of worship?
beside can you please give me link to the story.

Calling you an hypocrite is merely an understatement. I was following your argument carefully until you crystallized your hypocrisy with this very reply to Apcharam.
You mean El-rufai did everything else that Apcharam said but should not be condemned because he didn't declare kaduna an islamic state?

Have you heard of the statement "there's no legality in illegality."?
Hypocrisy is when you try to justify an injustice simply because it favors your opinion at that point in time.

Injustice is injustice no matter how it is done, who does it, or where it is done so stop being an hypocrite, it's not good for your health.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by ignis: 9:06am On Aug 30, 2019
APCHaram:
These northerners are the worst hypocrites ever.

Did they not roll out Sharia law?

True

7 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Khan2013(m): 9:09am On Aug 30, 2019
respect80:

Calling you an hypocrite is merely an understatement. I was following your argument carefully until you crystallized your hypocrisy with this very reply to Apcharam.
You mean El-rufai did everything else that Apcharam said but should not be condemned because he didn't declare kaduna an islamic state?

Have you heard of the statement "there's no legality in illegality."?
Hypocrisy is when you try to justify an injustice simply because it favors your opinion at that point in time.

Injustice is injustice no matter how it is done, who does it, or where it is done so stop being an hypocrite, it's not good for your health.
thing is i don't know what happened in south kaduna, they probably broke the law of the state, but had he elrufai said kaduna is an islamic state after sacking the traditional christian rulers and replacing them with fulani muslim ones as alleged then we can understand his motive and i will most definitely condenm him, just like I'll not give a f*ck just because wike demolished a mosque because i know you can't just build anything you want everywhere. even kwankwaso demolished many mosques here in kano

1 Like

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by APCHaram: 9:16am On Aug 30, 2019
Khan2013:

thing is i don't know what happened in south kaduna, they probably broke the law of the state, but had he elrufai said kaduna is an islamic state after sacking the traditional christian rulers and replacing them with fulani muslim ones as alleged then we can understand his motive and i will most definitely condenm him, just like I'll not give a f*ck just because wike demolished a mosque because i know you can't just build anything you want everywhere. even kwankwaso demolished many mosques here in kano

Did El Rufai not order all the paramount Chiefs in Southern Kaduna to convert their stools to Emirates or risk de-recognition by the State govt?

Has El Rufai not gone ahead to turban new Emirs in Southern Kaduna who are all Muslim of Fulani background?

You people are by far the worst liars and hypocrites.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 30, 2019
fiizznation:
Rivers state is NOT a christian state or anything relating to that, there are indigenous Rivers Muslims even though they maybe in the minority class. Governor wike shouldn't cross his boundary. Man have like how many years before his tenure expires? Why demolished a place of worship of Muslims just because of the very little power you have? And stupid people like wike are always the first idiots to accuse northerners of intolerance.

There are many churches in the north that are built were they aren't supposed to build them, but NO northern governor has ever demolished any of the churches. Many churches in the north usually cause a lot of traffic on Sundays, but nobody is demolishing them. What about the noise pollution that these numerous churches usually cause? I know people like wike will want to act all brave and damn the consequences of their actions,
but only a foolish dog will challenge the lion to a fight just because the hyena promises to be by his side. A word they say is enough for the wise.

And those silly hypocrites that called themselves CAN will never condemn this, but they are always quick to accused buhari of islamization agenda
Would Muric condemn it if reverse was the case?

11 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Khan2013(m): 9:40am On Aug 30, 2019
APCHaram:

Did El Rufai not order all the paramount Chiefs in Southern Kaduna to convert their stools to Emirates or risk de-recognition by the State govt?

Has El Rufai not gone ahead to turban new Emirs in Southern Kaduna who are all Muslim of Fulani background?

You people are by far the worst liars and hypocrites.
why did he do that? ??
Islamization ?
when did he say that?
Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by respect80(m): 9:40am On Aug 30, 2019
Khan2013:

Well, one major problem we have in Nigeria is the usual attempt to use a wrong to right a wrong whereas it is impossible for two wrongs to make a right.
I keep wondering why a huge population of the country think that the battle that ought to be fought is between some religions or some ethnic group. It is yet to cross our mind that both religion and ethnicity are common weapons used by politicians to enslave the minds of the masses in order to remain on top.
The only battle that is worth fighting is the battle between GOODand EVIL, between our quest for survival and those who oppress and threaten our freedom.

Let's see evil for what it is and condemn it wherever, however, and whoever it is done by.
There's no better alternative to peace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by APCHaram: 9:59am On Aug 30, 2019

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by APCHaram: 10:22am On Aug 30, 2019
teufelein:
No Longer At Ease In Southern Kaduna As Fulani Emirates Illegally Displace Ancient Chiefdoms...
~ Professor Moses Ochonu

El-Rufai's Fascist/Forceful Emiratization of the Adara people....

Why is Nasir El-Rufai trying to out-Buhari Buhari in the area of ethno-religious bigotry and supremacy? Over the vehement objections of the Adara people, he forcefully created and hastily gazetted a Fulani emirate of Kajuru on the lands of the Adara, essentially killing or at least villagizing the exalted chieftaincy institution of the Agom Adara.
According to the gazette, the Chiefdom of Adara would now be reduced to the chiefdom of Kachia, with the creation of a new ahistorical emirate of Kajuru.

When the Agom Adara, Dr. Galadima, echoing the sentiments of his people, protested, he was kidnapped and later murdered. Insinuations abound about why he was murdered even after the demanded ransom was paid.
Since then, the state government have been implementing the gazette forcefully while well-armed Fulani militias have sought to create a fait accompli on the ground by effectively cleansing the areas designated for the Kajuru emirate of the indigenous Adara people, ancestral claimants to the land.

These devastating and well coordinated raids barely elicit press statements or acknowledgements from the state government. As we speak thousands of Adara are in IDP camps.

When the Adara people attempted to fight back, El-Rufai went to all national media platforms and giddily, all but called for "revenge" Fulani attack by wickedly declaring its inevitability. He excitedly sensationalized an incident of Adara attack whose magnitude remains in dispute and which turned out to have occurred in retaliation for repeated raids by armed Fulani militia, a fact El-Rufai erased in his one-sided exploitation of the crisis to serve as justification for his campaign against Adara sovereignty.

All the leaders of the Adara people, including Engineer Bawa Magaji, arguably their most prominent leader, have been arrested and detained without charges for protesting the annexation and emiratization of their land.
Below I reproduce the desperate cry of the daughter of Engineer Bawa Magaji, whose father was arrested alongside other Adara leaders and chiefs.

"There is a government gazette that shows Adara Chiefdom was scrapped and replaced with Kajuru Emirate and Kachia Chiefdom. So Adara people were to fall under either one based on where you fall under.
It seemed however, as if the government had already started acting in line with the gazette as the traditional council that consisted of my father and other chiefs noticed a change in how information was passed along.

The village heads and other Hakimis suddenly seemed to be taking orders from elsewhere and not the Agom, even though the Late Agom Adara did not agree with the gazette and made it known where he stands.

A few months later he was kidnapped and subsequently murdered. When the Kaduna State Governor went to pay his condolence visit to the Chiefdom, my dad, who is the Waziri and therefore supposed to stand in for the Late Agom until a new one is installed made it known to the Governor that they had seen the gazette and do not agree to the new arrangement as that will mean Adara as a whole will be no more. Including our tradition and way of life.

After a while with no word from the State Government, my dad wrote a letter seeking for audience with the Governor so that issues will be discussed and an amicable settlement will be reached. Silence.
He wrote a follow up letter to the Governor still asking for audience so the issue will be sorted. He took a copy of that letter to Emir of Zazzau and copied some other people. Still silence.

In the meantime, the government were already dealing with the Adara Chiefdom as if the gazette had been implemented. My Father as the Waziri only got to hear that a Fulani man was to be Chief of Kachia. (For those who don’t get the implication, this means the Agom Adara is to be replaced with a Fulani man).

The Adara people, spear headed by my Father and other elders then took the matter to court. The first hearing of that case was a week before the elders were rounded up and locked in prison for the killing of Fulanis in Kajuru. The case is still in court.
Just thought to give a background on the Adara matter. I am not a lawyer and I don’t know much about implementing policies. But so do millions of other Nigerians. This is to call on those in government and those who are enlightened to look into this matter and let us know what should or should not have been done in this case.

I am a concerned Adara indigene and my name is Alheri Bawa Magaji."
Khan2013

Read and see how your people are not only Islamizing Kaduna but reducing non Muslim populations.

This Fulani Islamic colonisation of southern kaduna.

And you will be saying Wike is wrong to declare Rivers a Christian State when you are Islamizing and killing Christians in Kaduna.

19 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by APCHaram: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2019
[s]
Khan2013:

here we go, resorting to insults because you are losing the argument.
let me give an example that your little brain may probably understand, take saudi arabia thats operated and governed by sharia islamic law and compare it to kano.
have you ever heard thief get amputated in kano or a fornicator stoned to death.
[/s]

You are a liar.

I remember the case of one woman in Kano who was sentenced to death by stoning for committing adultery. The case gained international uproar and condemnation.

Zamfara, Niger, and Kano have amputed the hands of petty thieves.

Do you want to deny this as well?

21 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Ladiesdoctor(m): 11:09am On Aug 30, 2019
Shekarau should shut up his mouth!
He has forgotten how he demolished the second biggest Church in kano?
He demolished Ecwa Church Giginyu Kano and built an uncompleted hospital.
He should just shut that gutter he calls mouth.
I hate nonsense

20 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Ladiesdoctor(m): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2019
Hypocrisy at its highest level.
Shekarau!!!

5 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by APCHaram: 11:32am On Aug 30, 2019
Permit me to make a thread using your post

Ladiesdoctor:
Nigeria: Church looted and demolished in Kano State
4 Mar 2008
This happened during the Shekarau Regime

A mob armed with machetes set fire to church buildings belonging to the Evangelical Church of West Africa (ECWA) in Giginyu, Kano State, before looting and dismantling the property on Wednesday 27 February 2008.

Between 11.30am and 12.30pm, the mob set the church office ablaze before dismantling the church's zinc roof tiles, entering the building, and looting or destroying its contents. The church bus was destroyed; chairs, musical instruments, ceiling fans, building blocks and two generators were removed and sold on the streets at minimum prices; and choir gowns were handed to street merchants who wore them in mockery, claiming to be bishops. One Christian woman was assaulted and her mobile phone was taken when she attempted to call for help. Others who sought to intervene were chased away by the machete-wielding assailants.

The building, which was based in police barracks, had been earmarked for demolition, supposedly to make way for a new hospital. However the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) had received assurances from Kano state officials that there would be no demolition until an alternative site and compensation had been provided for the church.

As tensions rose in the area following the demolition announcement, the state government initially provided police protection for the church buildings. However, this was withdrawn immediately prior to the attack, despite a promise by the Kano State Governor that the premises would receive 24 hour protection.

The day after the attack, the Kano State Commissioner for Information, Barrister Haruna Isa Denden, informed the press that the government had averted a religious crisis, and on behalf of the government took responsibility for the demolition. He also falsely claimed that the church had declined an offer of a new site and compensation, and later alleged that compensation had already been paid.

Following strong protestations by CAN Kano, the state government agreed to meet CAN representatives on 3 or 4 March in order to compensate the church for its losses. However, in an atmosphere strained by rumours and tensions, on Sunday 2 March angry youths from ECWA severely assaulted CAN Kano's chairman, Anglican Bishop Zakka L Nyam, as he attended an open air service in Giginyu. The attack resulted from false rumours that the Bishop had taken no action to prevent the demolition of the church.

For several years the Kano State government has regularly ordered the demolition of churches. A team from Christian Solidarity Worldwide (CSW) is visiting the area and has been informed that following the destruction of the ECWA church, churches in the Badawa area of Kano have been served with notice to vacate their premises. "We are experiencing Christianity with bitterness" commented one of the ECWA church's pastors.

Christian Solidarity Worldwide's Advocacy Director, Alexa Papadouris, said: "It is unacceptable that a church which has sought to cooperate with the local authorities on this forced relocation has been treated in such an appalling manner. We urge the Kano State government to fulfill its undertaking to provide adequate compensation for every loss sustained by this church and to urgently find the church a suitable alternative site. Our prayers are also with Bishop Zakka, and we hope that the poisonous atmosphere created by rumours and tensions which now divide the Christian community will soon dissipate."

2 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Ladiesdoctor(m): 11:37am On Aug 30, 2019
APCHaram:
Permit me to make a thread using your post

You can google it.
I extracted it from the google.

7 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Oksman(m): 6:21pm On Aug 30, 2019
fiizznation:

And those silly hypocrites that called themselves CAN will never condemn this, but they are always quick to accused buhari of islamization agenda.

Rubbish

10 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by HopeAtHand: 9:53pm On Aug 30, 2019
fiizznation:

@bold, who are you reserving that threat for, the governor of Rivers or the christian citizens ( 99%) of Rivers. The Governor acted on our accord, so we want to know.

6 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by abdulazeez1002(m): 5:53pm On Aug 31, 2019
Nice one
Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by cathodekazim: 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2019
APCHaram:

Wike is not a foolish spineless charlattan

He has declared Rivers Christian and this is their problem as I said in another three.

In this day and age that a pastor is denying Christ and the flock for political power, and with judases like Adeboye turning their pulpit to assuage the gullible that there is no islamization threat, Wike has stood up for Christians with that statement. Now they are all jittery.

If wike is the only identity left of a Christian, I'd rather worship Judaism.
Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Osidazz19: 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2019
Wike is a religious fanatical THUG.
Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Akpuoru: 5:57pm On Aug 31, 2019
Pentasoft1978:
Guy, you really need mental evaluation
Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 31, 2019
Wike should demolish all the Mosques in Rivers state, nonsense. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Adesayo1: 5:59pm On Aug 31, 2019
APCHaram:

Kano State is one big Emirate.
Do you know what an Emirate is?
An Emirate is an exclusively Muslim society governed by Sharia law under a Muslim leader, Emir.

Kano State operates Sharia law. Do your know what Sharia law is?
shocked
Kano State falls under the Sokoto Caliphate.

What is a Caliphate! A caliphate is an Islamic State ruled by A Caliph.

Stop spewing trash. Kano is a fundamentalist Islamic state.
Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by West2019(m): 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2019
Wike is a Stupid Governor,why demolished church ,the first stupid Governor to attack.sowore of stopping him for protest in rivers state
Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Tedpgrass: 6:02pm On Aug 31, 2019
Christian governors and senators....
Where were you all.... when churches were razed to the grounds sometimes with human casualties?

Why was there a lack of a unanimous cry against bloodshed.. But a building raises greater discontent and uproar than lives of countless wasted victims!!

The ever growing divide..
Some ethnicities or religious groups are untouchable whilst others are left to the mercy of vermin..

4 Likes

Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Autotech312(m): 6:04pm On Aug 31, 2019
APCHaram:
This idiot that campaigned on introducing Sharia law for Kano when running for Governor which he will later do when he was elected.

As I said their problem is not one useless mosque but Wike's declaration of Rivers as a Christian State.

Wike has told them by that statement that their jihadist plans can never succeed in Rivers and that is why they are hyperventilating.

People like you are the problem of this country, what is so Christian about River State? A stupid idiot called governor that cannot stop the bloodshed in his state. No day goes by without killing in River State that you cannot stop you are looking for another trouble. Is Mujahid Asari Dokubo not a MUSLIM what are you now saying.
Re: Mosque Demolition: Shekarau Condemns Wike by Earthquake1: 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2019
[s][left]
fiizznation:

[/left[/s]

Trash

The states practicing Sharia law don't have Christians in them abi?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Chatham House Performance A Disgrace – PDP Campaign / Young Man Collapses At PDP Convention Earlier Today In Abuja. Photo / Reno Omokri Reacts As Ajimobi Loses Senatorial Ticket To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.