Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? (9441 Views)

Girls Love Me: But I'm Too Shy To Get a Girlfriend / Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? / [Kissing] Your Partner Doesn't Know How To Kiss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by bigjaked(m): 11:47am On Dec 04, 2007
look, go to where you would see enough 'show' then you will know that we have a lot of people who does not 'give a damn' about public kiss
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by davidif: 4:17am On Dec 05, 2007
because its not our culture, Nigerians just started learning kissing when they started watching too many American movies. My my, why must we always copy what westerners do and put down our culture as "local, bush or uncivilized"? You can be a developed country without changing your culture or values (see japan, finland, spain and south korea) Gosh what is wrong with our people? This right here is what we called mental and cultural slavery. Where is the senate where you need them? or the ministry of culture, as far as i am concerned, they should ban all western movies, music and culture and instead rigorously promote our culture and heritage right now, we must reeducate our kids to be proud of there culture.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by pholer(m): 3:53pm On Dec 05, 2007
kissing in public! see how a seemingly harmless topic has generated so much brouhaha,

if u are married, kiss your wife in public, the society will be better for it.

if u are not married, u can still kiss your mate in public, really as long as u are not going overboard like smooching her real bad, i think a lot of nigerians can tolerate that except of course if u try it in zamfara and environs. dont make it sound like nigeria is some saudi arabia,

i think the reason a lot of guys can't or don't kiss their babes (not wives) in public is because they got actions going on in other camps, why give yourself away to other ladies in the camp by kissing one in public, at least if they only just saw you together, you can lie that she is your friend's brother's sister's cousin or something that convoluted, but if you are kissing her in public, ki lo fe so?

As for the ladies, the same may apply, as in the men, too many guys in their lives and how do u know who is seeing u, but the monogamous ones amongst them, nothing wrong with showing affection,
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by sylvex(f): 9:29am On Dec 06, 2007
let's simply put, they don wanna display their animal passion in the public. ' chikina
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by davidif: 11:32pm On Jan 26, 2008
We don't kiss in public not only because its not our culture but because its stupid. Even African Americans don't kiss in public, naija sef we don too watch waaaay too many yanki movies. Nonsense, minister of culture and tourism should ban all yanki movies from naija jo.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by tosinadeda: 11:36pm On Jan 26, 2008
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss well i just did grin
but really its bullshit
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by playmate(f): 7:31am On Jan 27, 2008
it depends on dos around u eg your agemates-it doznt matter,older people-dey'll luk @u disgustinly,children-a really bad example.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by theboy0808(m): 8:10am On Jan 27, 2008
1 reason:
The "holier than thou" syndrome
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by yankite(m): 10:01am On Jan 27, 2008
ok akinstacey let me break dis down to u,i hv been following
u and theifofhearts lil discussion.i credit the fact that u are
one of those strong women who will peak up a defense 4
ur man who u believe in smiley smiley dats one quality dat i envy
in women from ur race,but theif of h was first trying to
get smart with u,but latter realize she would only look
childish if she had went on in trying to get u with the
language u already learnt pass the basic,so she came
out of her shell and kept it real,but she just trying 2 look
out for u cuz u sound very smart and eyes wide open,
she not trying to bring another nija bro down by telling
u dey mostly go for papers,in 80% of all dem marriages
it usally all about dat,not narrowing my fact to naija white
american marragies alone,but 2 even nija to nija level,
not to be saying dats what ur beloved is after,but we
know our selfs better than any other person could(naija 2 naija)
i love majority of u american women cuz,u go all out with ur
love dat u are feeling,without holding back a thighn ,but i tell
u some of our men naija (including me)no actually they worth
all dat love,cuz nija people people we too smart we try outsmart
with any lil loop hole we find.my sister i admire ur courage joo,follow
the voice of ur spirit mind and stand up 4 what u believe in,no lele,jeun soke joooooooo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by akhis: 1:13pm On May 28, 2009
dont know
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by bluespice(f): 1:16pm On May 28, 2009
cos the nigerian culture is very much conservative
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by ikeyman00(m): 5:58pm On May 28, 2009
hmm white man decending slowly slowly lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by v3: 6:31pm On May 28, 2009
who says i'm shy kissing my gf in public, she no mind make i shag am in public too. . . .says she gets a kick from it wink wink

It's only in 9ja that OUR perception of this "kissing in public" generates much heat whenever discussed.

Shiiiiiioooooooooooooooooorrrrrrr. . .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by deji2005(m): 12:04pm On May 29, 2009
I agree with this topic
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by deji2005(m): 12:05pm On May 29, 2009
This is a free world, we all have our life to live, thinking about this and that what my business with someone else
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by oyinda3(f): 3:06am On May 31, 2009
different cultures, different customs.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by kayc33(m): 4:24pm On May 31, 2009
i'm not particularly shy kissing in public
i feel it aint proper smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by whitelexi(m): 5:12pm On May 31, 2009
There's nothing wrong with it. . . Its called being spontaeneous
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by mntpaul(m): 10:53pm On May 31, 2009
When your with the one your love, who cares about public kissing. What you let public views or social stigma determine how you express your self.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by stanza(m): 12:02pm On Jun 01, 2009
Not suprised at ur question,coz nigeria is still developing in all spheres.A time will come when public display of affection will be a normal daily routine
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by Pataki: 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2009
Used to be, but after engaging myself in it, I am no more shy!!!!! grin

It just part of the Nigerian culture thingy.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Shy About Public Kissing? by iammodel(m): 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2009
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
you never reach AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA. na im make u dey talk like this. you will see coursemates/platonic freinds showing love, not to talk of lovers. i remember my coursemate(a girl) asking me a kiss on the lips in a faculty lecture hall

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Girlfriend(s) In Varsity. / Celebrating Valentine With Your Partner In A Long Distance Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.