Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,406 members, 7,812,200 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer (53262 Views)

I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) / I don't understand my fiancee behavior this days, could it be... / I Don't Understand My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Francisayo(m): 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2019
My life has always been going well until I lost my dad when I was in year one in university, it shocked me so hard but I still manage to graduate...

I graduated and served d nation.

I have always been an extrovert and I like places that are lively...

I have a lovely gf who is so understandable even though I'm not taking care of her as expected cos of my lack of job

I served and returned home, I have spent 9 months at home since after my service, I looked for job everywhere but no job in sight, my uncle looked for job for me but d job is too tough with little salary ( they call it sales representative but d description is of sales boy), going to work from Monday 8 am to 6 pm Saturday with 18k salary which 6k will go for transport fare in a month.

I know I won't be able to cope with it so I rejected it, but it now seems I'm becoming a burden to my family as they look at me as if I don't want to work.

A woman told me to come and be teaching in her school, jss1 and jss2 only typically a new school, the school location is typically a village, but d pressure from home is much for me and doubt
left me with no choice than to accept d offer, d pay is 25k per month... Though out of it I'll be d one to pay for rent and furnish it, house rent is #1500/month....

I traveled to d place today and I can't believe what i met, d place is a very local place and everywhere is just so quiet and boring, i have 5 students in my class.

My gf is already serving and we've not seen each other for months which is already having a bad effect on our relationship...i got home this afternoon and having deep thinking with tears in my eyes if this is how i will continue to live my life...Im 27yrs of age and seems no direction in where my life is going...

Pls, i need mature advice from mature people pls...

It's looking as if i can't survive here at all and my gf is complaining cos better things are not looking to be forthcoming soon.

I'm typing this with tears in my eyes, pls pardon d errors

176 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by izzou(m): 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2019
No need to cry bro.

There are millions of youths in this country who are in the same boat with you. Some are above 30 sef

My only advice: Fight for what you want. I don't know the steps to give you, but what I know is, wake up with that mentality that the day must be better

As for your relationship, you can drop it if you both can keep up. It's both for your good and her good too

I wish you well

413 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Weeb: 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2019
If you like don't take the one you have found and manage till something better comes around. Better to be bringing in 12k than no money at all. On top of that while you're working nothing stops you from looking for better work, you might even meet someone at work that can help you and even if you don't you'll gain work experience and references for your next job.

175 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Blakjewelry(m): 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2019
bros take the job take hold body, at least that will give you some level of independence until you get a better job. just take it as a phase in life, everybody has a story to tell some day

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Jayslicky: 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
shocked

First of all you don't owe a girlfriend maintenance, if she is not comfortable with your struggles she can leave.

You have to take that job who knows you may get a better job through someone from that school, it is better than being at home doing nothing, you can start a tutorial for the students after school or for children around that your area on week days to boost your monthly income, every month budget what you will need for food and other bills, you have to do away with some things you like to enable you have control of your income.

Most importantly keep trying your best to find a well paying job, God will answer your prayers.

281 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
First things first break up with your girlfriend. Her complaints will only bring you down. Women do not care about men's struggles they only wait at the finish line to bang the winners. This is the time of your life you need to focus on yourself a hundred percent. What did you study? What are your interests? If you are getting money from teaching and it's sufficient to take care of your monthly expenses then you have to start thinking of a skill you can learn that can fetch you income. Digital marketing, programming, diesel engine repairs. Just think of something you like doing and put your whole mind and soul into mastering it. Just start something band you will be very happy for where you would be in a year or two. No condition is permanent.

262 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Martinez39(m): 4:22pm On Sep 09, 2019
Lol. Very good. Let everyone be suffering. Everyone wants to drive bugatti and build big house but they can't unite to revolt against their corrupt leaders who have sold their future; brought a bad system, and are raping them left, right and centre. Oga, look at other graduates that are struggling with #18k/month, what made you think your case would be different? You are special? You are smarter? They are dunce? grin Hehehehe...

Freedom, safety, a good system and good standard of living won't fall from the sky and they don't come easy. America is where it is today because their forefathers gave sweat and blood to liberate and prosper America. Now, everyone wants to go America.

Oga, the truth is that not everyone will make it in life. Many, throughout their lives, will only get just enough to survive. You have to humble yourself and be grateful for the jobs that come your way. Mind you, be prepared to lose your girl when a rich man comes around. In fact, she might be seeing someone else. It's best you break up with her.

As long as :
1) youths are still voting APC or PDP;
2) youths are not revolting against the system; and
3) youths are oblivious of the great odds against them and are condescending to think their future is somehow somehow bright and they are special even though many are suffering,
Youths will keep on suffering. Don't worry when you youths are tired of dry cleaning, selling bags of foodstuffs, driving keke, modelling and dancing dirty on music video, prostitution etc. after four or more solid years in the university studying courses that are unrelated to your business, no be person go tell una to revolt. For now, take heart. grin

208 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Nooneonline(m): 4:32pm On Sep 09, 2019
Ur number one problem is Ego. I am a graduate I cant work in a local place? Does the locality of the place stop u from getting paid? Or u re worried about what ur girl will say when she sees u teaching in a place like that.

Second problem is ur locale. I don't know where u re but 25k in a village is a good salary considering u re a guy u don't need much to survive. Food is most likely cheap plus ur house rent is 1500k a month. U can use that to ur advantage and save. U don't even buy water like people in the city do.

3. U re not imaginative nor creative. Y do I say so? Have u tried thinking about holiday lessons to make more money or after school lessons? U can charge 500 to 1k per student. U don't see this teaching job as an avenue to gain experience and make extra money.

And the most important drawback is that u went to school just to read books. No skills and and u didn't utilise ur Nysc period. No savings (u dey spend am for girl or u dey Bleep). no connections (mr extrovert). Listen to the radio read books. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]leave ur girl when u make am girls go yakpa

235 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:36pm On Sep 09, 2019
Uncle, leave babe first, you hear?

You honestly should have taken that job as a sales representative. As an extrovert, you most likely would have done well at it. One of the fastest ways to grow a career is via sales/business development. You would have had that experience in the bag. Aren't there commissions in addition to the basic salary?

You should have taken it... given it your best... then started sending applications to other companies.

Now you're going to the village. 25k and you're still complaining. 9 months at home and you haven't learnt anything? Imagine you had been working for that 9 months. Do you think you would have still been at this stage?

84 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by luvyaself95(m): 4:45pm On Sep 09, 2019
All the comments above have say it all. a word is enough for the wise.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by DankemzI(m): 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2019
Hope you have professional certificates pertaining to your field of study. Get LinkedIn profile and start job hunting
Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Francisayo(m): 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2019
[quote author=DankemzI post=82070759]Hope you have professional certificates pertaining to your field of study. Get LinkedIn profile and start job hunting[/quote

Pls which one can i put in for as a chemistry graduate??

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Joystark(f): 5:53pm On Sep 09, 2019
Sad indeed.

This is the story of many young people aged 25-30

20 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Keziehenry(m): 6:05pm On Sep 09, 2019
My advice for you is to consider starting little biz. I sought for work after I was through with nysc but the only one I found was 25k per month on top our madam wahala. I had to quit and went I to okirika biz with not up to 20k. To be candid with u I was saving up to 25k per week before I got married and expenses increased.
So, you can be managing the biz pending when job will come.

29 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Camus22: 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2019
We are all going to feel that way at some point in our lives. Hang in there mate.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2019
Take the teaching job while looking for something else. Complaining and thinking the job is beneath you isn't going to get you anywhere.

12 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Papertrail11(m): 7:06pm On Sep 09, 2019
One of the reasons why school education made sense during the Awolowo gen is that only few folks went to school per the gen population of young folks, so no matter how bad you are you will still get a fix somewhere.

I rem going to my grandads house during the early millenial years and he told me that they sent one of his exams to him via post he writes it the sends it back tk the school how easy...

Unis need to go and get feedback from the labour market as to how many of their students are gettting employed per every graduating year.

The issue of underemployement is so rife that our youths have to do sell human hair, resort to crime and undersell themselves just to be able to survive.

We need to open up our young people to new skillset like how tk make glass, how to make components, how to do something that is rare because until you can carve a niche for yourself in this country with 200m people you aint going nowhere.

Govt needs to open access to credit Nysc is ready to give 20k oer 12months just to loaf around creating no value just take pics but wont give you that much to create a business.

SAD!!!

34 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2019
My brother don't despise the days of little beginning. Accept the offer. You can't tell what God has in stock for you.

9 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by DemigodZeus147(m): 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2019
I understand what you are passing through bro. Firstly, it is not a bad thing to be in love (regarding your gf case),hence it is not your fault.

You just have to be strong. I have read the story of a guy quitting a 50k job coz he wants to go into IT, and according to him he didn't regret it. I'd advice you find something you can/want to grow in. For me I'd advice you go for a marketing/sales job (my reason is, every firms aim is to get customers and make profit, and the need a marketer or a sales person),with this skill you will never lack a job(This has been my worst fear anyway, as I am an introvert, but I am embracing it)....

Another option is IT (web development, graphic design etc)

Honestly, I know it won't be easy......... For the teaching, you will still be gripped in the CYCLE.

At the end, it is all up to you.

Zeus.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by WisdomHunter(m): 7:48pm On Sep 09, 2019
Francisayo:
My life has always been going well until I lost my dad when I was in year one in university, it shocked me so hard but I still manage to graduate...

I graduated and served d nation.

I have always been an extrovert and I like places that are lively...

I have a lovely gf who is so understandable even though I'm not taking care of her as expected cos of my lack of job

I served and returned home, I have spent 9 months at home since after my service, I looked for job everywhere but no job in sight, my uncle looked for job for me but d job is too tough with little salary ( they call it sales representative but d description is of sales boy), going to work from Monday 8 am to 6 pm Saturday with 18k salary which 6k will go for transport fare in a month.

I know I won't be able to cope with it so I rejected it, but it now seems I'm becoming a burden to my family as they look at me as if I don't want to work.

A woman told me to come and be teaching in her school, jss1 and jss2 only typically a new school, the school location is typically a village, but d pressure from home is much for me and doubt
left me with no choice than to accept d offer, d pay is 25k per month... Though out of it I'll be d one to pay for rent and furnish it, house rent is #1500/month....

I traveled to d place today and I can't believe what i met, d place is a very local place and everywhere is just so quiet and boring, i have 5 students in my class.

My gf is already serving and we've not seen each other for months which is already having a bad effect on our relationship...i got home this afternoon and having deep thinking with tears in my eyes if this is how i will continue to live my life...Im 27yrs of age and seems no direction in where my life is going...

Pls, i need mature advice from mature people pls...

It's looking as if i can't survive here at all and my gf is complaining cos better things are not looking to be forthcoming soon.

I'm typing this with tears in my eyes, pls pardon d errors

I was laughing my off my ass here not in a mockery but is just that i find some of your of the things you stated here funny
[/size]they call it a sells representative but you call it sells boy
And
[size=8pt]
teaching in a school that you have only 5 students to teach
It got me cracking ��� but i fill your pain bro.

In this country I don't advice anyone to look for job after graduation because first you will be frustrated and disappointed which can lead you to some extent of going extra mile to make money illegal and frustration can make you accept a low life job, bros why can't you go and learn a skill where is many life saving skills (handwork) that can make you a great person tomorrow if you're smart and brilliant enough, and also make a boss just in interval of two years, brother wake up and stop being weak. Don't let your condition today to limit you tomorrow.

18 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Apination(m): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2019
You are still under your parents roof, an opportunity to move out presents itself and your problem is that the place is boring. Instead of planning how to better yourself, you are thinking about one farm tool somewhere who adds no value to your life, You really are not a serious person undecided

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by emmaodet: 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2019
Martinez39:
Lol. Very good. Let everyone be suffering. Everyone wants to drive bugatti and build big house but they can't unite to revolt against their corrupt leaders who have sold their future; brought a bad system, and are raping them left, right and centre. Oga, look at other graduates that are struggling with #18k/month, what made you think your case would be different? You are special? You are smarter? They are dunce? grin Hehehehe...

Freedom, safety, a good system and good standard of living won't fall from the sky and they don't come easy. America is where it is today because their forefathers gave sweat and blood to liberate and prosper America. Now, everyone wants to go America.

Oga, the truth is that not everyone will make it in life. Many, throughout their lives, will only get just enough to survive. You have to humble yourself and be grateful for the jobs that come your way. Mind you, be prepared to lose your girl when a rich man comes around. In fact, she might be seeing someone else. It's best you break up with her.

As long as :
1) youths are still voting APC or PDP;
2) youths are not revolting against the system; and
3) youths are oblivious of the great odds against them and are condescending to think their future is somehow somehow bright and they are special even though many are suffering,
Youths will keep on suffering. Don't worry when you youths are tired of dry cleaning, selling bags of foodstuffs, driving keke, modelling and dancing dirty on music video, prostitution etc. after four or more solid years in the university studying courses that are unrelated to your business, no be person go tell una to revolt. For now, take heart. grin

Waoooooooooo
Hahahahahhaha
You know one thing? The problem with the youth is that they always think they are special and somehow, they will avoid harsh reality but after nysc and no more support from family again.
They collide with REALITY

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by BigJoe19: 9:34pm On Sep 09, 2019
Where is lalasticlala .

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by chukzyfcbb: 9:36pm On Sep 09, 2019
Go to Job sites, take screenshots of all the needed responsibilities for that entry level role you desire. Take out the similarities from all of them.

Start acquiring the skills one after the one.

You can whyne and cry from now till tomorrow, heaven will not help you until you help yourself.

You can manage the teaching job to hold body, but focus on the big prize and be learning the needed skills while at it.

Your story is the everyday story of a Graduate that has only Bsc.

How do you want to break into the labour market that's fierce with just a Bsc?

12 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Offpoint: 9:38pm On Sep 09, 2019
I don't have problem with what the op typed up there, my problem lies with those quoting everything, then add another lengthy comment to it.

How person spend 4 years for school finish come dey talk him no understand him life again tire me.

Problems with Nigerians they believe school guarantee a better Job...

They all came out with their entitled mentality... "I'm a graduate, can't settle for less" yet with zero skill how to acquire a penny of their own without a pay master.
Dude wake up and create VALUE for yourself...

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by ThothHermes: 9:43pm On Sep 09, 2019
PrimadonnaO:
Uncle, leave babe first, you hear?

You honestly should have taken that job as a sales representative. As an extrovert, you most likely would have done well at it. One of the fastest ways to grow a career is via sales/business development. You would have had that experience in the bag. Aren't there commissions in addition to the basic salary?

You should have taken it... given it your best... then started sending applications to other companies.

Now you're going to the village. 25k and you're still complaining. 9 months at home and you haven't learnt anything? Imagine you had been working for that 9 months. Do you think you would have still been at this stage?
But you no go tell woman wey dey this condition to leave man ooo sad sad

14 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Olorunnim: 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2019
Leave the girl, take the job teach extra lessons, learn a digital skill, Make friends with people who are goal oriented, But most of all Be humble.

6 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Tailleur: 9:50pm On Sep 09, 2019
That is the nature of the nation we found ourselves in, but Dont allow any pressure to weigh you down, be it from your Family or girlfriend, Accept the little job in that local place OR create a job through any skill you have

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by drmikeadams(m): 10:06pm On Sep 09, 2019
grin grin u see my problème with our guys?guyman never take care of himself finish,hé go dey do boyfriend and girl friend grin better leave that girl and work on ursef oo

21 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by emmaodet: 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2019
ThothHermes:
But you no go tell woman wey dey this condition to leave man ooo sad sad

Bro u sef see am.
Life is unfair to men.
If it a girl, she can keep dating why her bf keep motivating her and supporting her with allowance but if na man, you are on ur own.
Seems it is a curse to be a man

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Martinez39(m): 11:03pm On Sep 09, 2019
emmaodet:

Waoooooooooo
Hahahahahhaha
You know one thing? The problem with the youth is that they always think they are special and somehow, they will avoid harsh reality but after nysc and no more support from family again.
They collide with REALITY
As in grin. Like hot volcanic lava gradually and increasingly overtaking a helpless village in no time, reality drips in to squeeze and crush their arrogance and their immense delousory self-importance and hope for the future like kilode cheesy. Many think they are not like others and their life won't turn out like others. In fact they don't even think of others. Those that are struggling, are they fools? Who told anyone they don't want to make it? Are they less "special"?

For some of these young ones, their pastors are helping to deceive them. "the Lord said you will be a star", "the Lord said you will make it", "decree and confess your success and it shall come to pass" etc. grin Many think successful is their birth right and is so sure for them. Due to this, when things don't go their way in life, they start throwing tantrums, feeling depressed/suicidal, and running to prayer grounds. grin grin

Good life, good system, good standard of living, freedom and safety will not fall from heaven and they won't come easy, man must make pay the price to make it happen. Our youths are complaining of hardship yet they would vote PDP and APC.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by emmaodet: 11:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
Martinez39:
As in grin. Like hot volcanic lava gradually and increasingly overtaking a helpless village in no time, reality drips in to squeeze and crush their arrogance and their immense delousory self-importance and hope for the future. Many think they are not like others and their life won't turn out like others. In fact they don't even think of others. Those that are struggling, are they fools? Who told anyone they don't want to make it? Are they less "special"?

For some of these young ones, their pastors are helping to deceive them. "the Lord said you will be a star", "the Lord said you will make it", "decree and confess your success and it shall come to pass" etc. grin Many think successful is their birth right and is so sure for them. Due to this, when things don't go their way in life, they start throwing tantrums, feeling depressed/suicidal, and running to prayer grounds. grin grin

Good life, good system, good standard of living, freedom and safety will not fall from heaven and they won't come easy, man must make pay the price to make it happen. Our youths are complaining of hardship yet they would vote PDP and APC.

Hahahahahahahahahhaaa
Bro u rly funny ooooo
Dat is why i followed u
Wen i was dating my gal, she always boast of how she wll get a job of atleast 200k wen she graduates, that her uncles have connections with ogun state govt.
I dey look her and do tell her life is not like dat but she will tell me am pessimistic.
She don graduate since 2012 no job, na me set her up.
Her body don hear am, life don pepper dem gang

24 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Faithfulness Kennedy: "I Need A Man Who Can Make Me Go Gaga In Bed" / Nigerian Bride & Her Squad Stun In Swimsuit At The Beach (Photos) / Lady Goes On Rampage, Destroys Lover's House After Disagreement. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.