Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) (4294 Views)

GUARDIAN Newspaper Apologises For Publishing False Pics Of Buhari's Interview / President Jonathan To Expose Obasanjo's Personal Demands - Guardian Newspaper / WAEC Posts Irrelevant Advertorial On Buhari's Certificate In Guardian Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by Dede1(m): 11:06pm On Nov 01, 2010
houvest:

Sir your stand is that the zoning in PDP constitution should be upheld above every other thing. Have you looked at Ohanezes historic position that power rotation should be among the zones and not between North and South which the North shot down at Abacha's constitutional conference which eventually did not see the light of day.? Is it to be assumed that because PDP is said to have adopted the North's view in their constitution that Ohaneze should jettison their historic stand? No sir. An organization leading one of the largest tribes in the Nation must maintain their stand unless there is a painfully contrary National Consensus via an acceptable or accepted forum like an SNC or National Conference or plebiscite,etc, which PDP constitution, whose zoning arrangement was crafted by a handful of insincere and self seeking politicians, clearly does not represent. Ohaneze is standing true to their long held view about power rotation and should actually be praised for that steadfastness. Towing the Northern view as is said to be enshrined(?) in the PDP constitution would be what ought to have been seen as political suicide, unprincipled behaviour and fatally capitulating to Northern scheme .

[/b]

Sir, I do not have any use for sentimental posturing as many Nigerians would like to have it. Based on the training I received from my parents and other facilities, I tend to pursue issues on constituted merits.

The only entity mentioned in Nigerian constitution with powers to sponsor a candidate for political office in Nigeria is political party. Other than Nigerian constitution which had granted express powers to political parties, I only hold judiciously to detect of the constitution of contending political parties in Nigeria. In this regards, I am at home with section 7-2c of PDP constitution as far as zoning or rotating of posts are concerned in Nigeria.

I came to this conclusion based on the fact that PDP is the only political party whose members had gray matters above their shoulders capable of removing any ambiguity on the issue of zoning or rotating political offices by entrenching such clause in its constitution. Whether it was a brain child of northern politicians to inject the idea of zoning political positions in Nigeria into PDP constitution, which I doubt very much, I do not give a hoot.

It is very ludicrous for some peeps to deny and even kick against the zoning formula of PDP and at the same time conjuring the idea of rotational of political posts within the umbrella of PDP. If GEJ runs for presidency of Nigeria against the back drop of section 7-2c of PDP constitution, all the subsequent positions thereafter must be decided based on the winner takes-all since democracy is a game of numbers.

I am lost trying to fathom why PDP constitution is a political suicide. At least, it shows sense of virtue, sanity and decorum instead of horse race GEJ and political minnows are trying very hard to introduce in PDP. It is unfortunate you failed woefully to see that GEJ is trying to introduce the latent influence of incumbency in party primaries. After GEJ tenure, it certainly will be the turn of Sambo and then followed by whosoever is Sambo’s VP.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by revolt(m): 12:18am On Nov 02, 2010
Someone says I'm being sentimental. Well I grew up in p.h. I knw how much these dudes hate igbos. It was so bad e.k Clark a knwn ijaw leader refused to support peter odili on the basis he was igbo. Even when it would benefit the south they preferred baba go slow. How can some imbeciles condmn zoning them turn around to suggest rotational ptesdencu.if I may ask what would majority of us have said if obj died in office and atiku was runnin. Hypocrites learn to keep agreements.the s.s peeps would rather hqndover to a megida leper than give an igbo Daniel. Watch as commit political suicide.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by AndreUweh(m): 12:29am On Nov 02, 2010
revolt:

Someone says I'm being sentimental. Well I grew up in p.h. I knw how much these dudes hate igbos. It was so bad e.k Clark a knwn ijaw leader refused to support peter odili on the basis he was igbo. Even when it would benefit the south they preferred baba go slow. How can some imbeciles condmn zoning them turn around to suggest rotational ptesdencu.if I may ask what would majority of us have said if obj died in office and atiku was runnin. Hypocrites learn to keep agreements.the s.s peeps would rather hqndover to a megida leper than give an igbo Daniel. Watch as commit political suicide.
I know what you are implying. My uncle had a house in PH which was ceased and the rest is history. Would you kill all the Germans because of of what Hitler and the Nazis did to mankind (1939-45)?.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by jason12345: 12:37am On Nov 02, 2010
Andre Uweh:

I know what you are implying. My uncle had a house in PH which was ceased and the rest is history. Would you kill all the Germans because of of what Hitler and the Nazis did to mankind (1939-45)?.

sorry for deviating, but why can you say the same for the yorubas?? smiley
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by AndreUweh(m): 12:45am On Nov 02, 2010
jason12345:

sorry for deviating, but why can you say the same for the yorubas?? smiley
This your Yoruba inpersonation is nonsensical. Why not represent your ethnic group, why are you speaking for the Yorubas. Have Yorubas accepted you as theirs?. Please leave Yoruba matters for Yorubas.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by jason12345: 12:53am On Nov 02, 2010
Andre Uweh:

This your Yoruba inpersonation is nonsensical. Why not represent your ethnic group, why are you speaking for the Yorubas. Have Yorubas accepted you as theirs?. Please leave Yoruba matters for Yorubas.

it was just a question. why don't you like answering questions do you think its confrontational . all I'm trying to promote is peace!!! anytime you talk about forming bonds with the SS, i always think you are doing it because you want their land and their oil. if not why can you say the same about the yorubas.

i can talk for the yorubas because i feel more inclined to the yorubas. they are very liberial and accommodating. do you even know why we have OLU of warri look, i prefer the yorubas and some other itsekiris might prefer the ijaws. we are individuals, not everyone must follow your line of thinking you know?
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 02, 2010
Andre Uweh:

This your Yoruba inpersonation  is nonsensical. Why not represent your ethnic group, why are you speaking for the Yorubas. Have Yorubas accepted you as theirs?. Please leave Yoruba matters for Yorubas.
It's quite obvious that the Yorubas on NL have no problem with him claiming Yoruba, only the Non-Yorubas do. Something is not right there.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by jason12345: 12:59am On Nov 02, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

It's quite obvious that the Yorubas on NL have no problem with him claiming Yoruba, only the Non-Yorubas do. Something is not right there.

o se o jare grin.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by AndreUweh(m): 1:01am On Nov 02, 2010
jason12345:

it was just a question. why don't you like answering questions do you think its confrontational . all I'm trying to promote is peace!!! anytime you talk about forming bonds with the SS, i always think you are doing it because you want their land and their oil. if not why can you say the same about the yorubas.

i can talk for the yorubas because i feel more inclined to the yorubas. they are very liberial and accommodating. do you even know why we have OLU of warri look, i prefer the yorubas and some other itsekiris might prefer the ijaws. we are individuals, not everyone must follow your line of thinking you know?
Am sorry if I hurt you with my reply. I feel Yorubas are large enough in nairaland to tackle issues relating to them. I just feel you should represent your group the more. The whole exercise is like an Ogoni man trying so hard to be at the forefront of Igbo affairs.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by Nobody: 1:03am On Nov 02, 2010
jason12345:

o se o jare grin.
No problem, had to make that clear.
Continue with your "discussion".

Andre Uweh:

Am sorry if I hurt you with my reply. I feel Yorubas are large enough in nairaland to tackle issues relating to them. I just feel you should represent your group the more. The whole exercise is like an Ogoni man trying so hard to be at the forefront of Igbo affairs.
Very hypocritical of you.
Esp when you do not voice this same opinion when non-Igbos speak for your case.
Jason is Yoruba as he wants, he has the liberty to talk.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by jason12345: 1:06am On Nov 02, 2010
Andre Uweh:

my brother, sorry i came across to the igbos like that grin.

there are itsekiris in ondo state and also in delta state. i don't think the yorubas regard me as an out-cast. even while i was in secondary school in nigeria, the itsekiris consider themselves as yorubas.

ok,i reduce the way i talk about the yorubas grin grin grin.

but bro, why can we all unite!!!
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by igboboy1(m): 4:59am On Nov 02, 2010
jason12345:

my brother, sorry i came across to the igbos like that grin.

there are itsekiris in ondo state and also in delta state. i don't think the yorubas regard me as an out-cast. even while i was in secondary school in nigeria, the itsekiris consider themselves as yorubas.

ok,i reduce the way i talk about the yorubas grin grin grin.

but bro, why can we all unite!!!

guy no dey yarn wetin u no know ontop of that they insult your people, I was born and raised in warri, itsekiri are one of the ethnic groups that make up warri Ok, I have never heard any of my itsekiri friends claim yoruba if anything dem dey represent their peeps very well, No doubt there are some similarities in the language and in some of the names but not to the point an itsekiri man would claim youruba

For igbo we go say e fuela, meaning u don loss, If you dont know who u are u must be a FOOL

tell me if u ever heard tuoyo or tosan as a yoruba name?

And no istekiris are indigeneous to Ondo state u dum.ba.ss did u even live in Nigeria sef?
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by bestman09(m): 1:03pm On Nov 02, 2010
fxmaxony:

Nigerian Youths in NairaLand, when shall we stop voting based on the decision of elders of thought.

I[size=8pt]f one man one vote is to be achieved what concerns me with the decision of Ohaneze.

I am an Ibo man and quite in the know of the fact that the ohaneze decision is not going to affect my voting. I am voting Jonathan because He is only but better than the candidates the northerners are fielding.
[/size]
I am tired of shouting that we need true federalism and a true Nigerian leader. PERIOD
PERIOD! And then, if i may say, i will advise the notherners to wait for at least more 15 rears before they can come out for the presidency of this nation. It is not their birthright. Enough is enough
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by AndreUweh(m): 6:15pm On Nov 02, 2010
igbo boy:

guy no dey yarn wetin u no know ontop of that they insult your people, I was born and raised in warri, itsekiri are one of the ethnic groups that make up warri Ok, I have never heard any of my itsekiri friends claim yoruba if anything dem dey represent their peeps very well, No doubt there are some similarities in the language and in some of the names but not to the point an itsekiri man would claim youruba

For igbo we go say e fuela, meaning u don loss, If you dont know who u are u must be a FOOL

And no istekiris are indigeneous to Ondo state u dum.ba.ss did u even live in Nigeria sef?
I tire for the guy o. There is even an Itsekiri thread and he does not even get close to it.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by jason12345: 6:40pm On Nov 02, 2010
Andre Uweh:

I tire for the guy o. There is even an Itsekiri thread and he does not even get close to it.
igbo boy:

there is no need to call me a fool, i reject it!!!
my real first name is one those names you mentioned. i said i consider myself to be yoruba, is that a sin i feel more inclined to them than itsekiri. but you guys want the ibibio, efik, and even ijaws to say they are igbo. this is double standard. you want to claim ikewwerri and they said NO but as an itsekiri man said he prefers to be called a yoruba, you all started insulting him.

i have always maintained that people are individuals, you might meet an itsekiri and he would say he is itsekiri. i have never denied my roots. i am born itsekiri and thats a fact.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by jason12345: 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2010
>>>> and pls do your research, there are itsekiri communities in ondo state.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by AndreUweh(m): 7:07pm On Nov 02, 2010
jason12345:

my real first name is one those names you mentioned. i said i consider myself to be yoruba, is that a sin i feel more inclined to them than itsekiri. but you guys want the ibibio, efik, and even ijaws to say they are igbo. this is double standard. you want to claim ikewwerri and they said NO but as an itsekiri man said he prefers to be called a yoruba, you all started insulting him.

i have always maintained that people are individuals, you might meet an itsekiri and he would say he is itsekiri. i have never denied my roots. i am born itsekiri and thats a fact.

Show me where we have been claimig Ibibio, Efik or Ijaw?. We have Ikwerre sons representing Rivers state in Ohanaeze. But you do not have Itsekiri's in Afenifere. Even the Olu of Warri you mentioned earlier is like Ochi of Idoma yet they are not Igbo.
Anyway, do not derail this thread any more.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by Onlytruth(m): 7:08pm On Nov 02, 2010
jason12345:

Dude you ware wrong again. No Igbo has EVER asked the Ibibio, Efik or Ijaw to become Igbo. It has NEVER happened. So, here you go again. undecided undecided undecided

As for the Ikwerre, they are Igbo. Don't take my words for it. Go there and interact and see things for yourself. Don't take words, just watch their actions, language, culture and draw your conclusion.

I am not into telling anyone which tribe to identify with. So, if you say you are Yoruba, then you are Yoruba. Period. cool
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by jason12345: 7:12pm On Nov 02, 2010
Onlytruth:

Dude you ware wrong again. No Igbo has EVER asked the Ibibio, Efik or Ijaw to become Igbo. It has NEVER happened. So, here you go again. undecided undecided undecided

As for the Ikwerre, they are Igbo. Don't take my words for it. Go there and interact and see things for yourself. Don't take words, just watch their actions, language, culture and draw your conclusion.

I[b] am not into telling anyone which tribe to identify with. So, if you say you are Yoruba, then you are Yoruba. Period[/b]. cool

thank you my brother.
Andre Uweh:

Show me where we have been claimig Ibibio, Efik or Ijaw?. We have Ikwerre sons representing Rivers state in Ohanaeze. But you do not have Itsekiri's in Afenifere. Even the Olu of Warri you mentioned earlier is like Ochi of Idoma yet they are not Igbo.
Anyway, do not derail this thread any more.

i wouldn't.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-239065.0.html
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by ChinenyeN(m): 7:16pm On Nov 02, 2010
Jason, you're completely wrong for stating that the Igbo are calling on the Ijo, Ibibio, Efik, Annang, etc. to be Igbo; completely wrong.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by jason12345: 7:41pm On Nov 02, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Jason, you're completely wrong for stating that the Igbo are calling on the Ijo, Ibibio, Efik, Annang, etc. to be Igbo; completely wrong.

am sorry, but when some people try to attack me, i have to defend myself. i sincerely apologise!!! smiley
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by AndreUweh(m): 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2010
@Jason, I have read through the thread and could not come across where Ndigbo are claiming Ijaw, Efik and Ibibio. From the way you are going this days, no one will take you as a serious poster.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by jason12345: 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2010
Andre Uweh:

@Jayson, I have read through the thread and could not come across where Ndigbo are claiming Ijaw, Efik and Ibibio. From the way you are going this days, no one will take you as a serious poster.

as i said earlier, i was just trying to defend myself because igbo boy called himself a fool. there is absolutely no reason to insult someone you have not met. but thats what some igbos do on NL and it has to stop. if not, people would retaliate.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by jason12345: 7:48pm On Nov 02, 2010
And i don't want to believe you spelt my name as jayson instead of jason to spite me. because you wouldn't like it if i spell igbo as ibo. do what you like others to do onto you.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by ChinenyeN(m): 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2010
No worries, Jason. I can understand where you're coming from, but I just thought I'd point that out to you. That's all.
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by mensdept: 3:55am On Nov 03, 2010
Meanwhile,

Any word across the 9jer, abi Afenifere
Re: Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) by 1025: 9:59am On Nov 03, 2010
anybody endoresing jonathan is expressing his freedom of speech and his right to vote and be voted for.
as far as i am concerned, nobody has the mandate to speak for me not even on joanthan.
i have my right to vote for whosoever i choose to especially in a democractic setting.
imagine rulers like obasanjo who lost control of their own family coming out tomorrow to speak for the yorubas. how can u speak for the yorubas when ur own children do not believe u?
give those beasts money tomorrow and they will endorse osama bin laden.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3000 Soldiers To Be Trained On Counter-terrorism / President Obama's Slumdog Brother: Meet The Hopeless Drunk From A Nairobi Shanty / Check Out (photo) Muhammadu Buhari And David Cameron In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.