Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos (5032 Views)

Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25 / Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri / Buhari Considers Only 19 Ministers [see List Of Ministries To Be Retained/scrapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by AbuMaryam1(m): 8:25am On Nov 01, 2010
ITbomb:

When it was said that IBB call some pressmen to minna, I knew write ups like this will come up
You mis-fired
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by tpia5: 10:51am On Nov 01, 2010
@ topic

why is he doing that.
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 01, 2010
atampakoeg:

A big lie. No official person commented or confirmed this story, yet you went to press with it?
Are you dafts?
All the officials that you called didnt pick their phone or replied your text messages, yet you went to publish the story.
I feel you. Even apart from that the whole idea is illogical and nonsensical.
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 01, 2010
This move if true isn't logical. Why waste our money on such?

Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by tyson55(m): 12:48pm On Nov 01, 2010
If he like let he move am go Gboko grin! Who cares!
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by JUO(m): 12:53pm On Nov 01, 2010
good move if real
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by OvieE: 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2010
PRESIDENT JONATHAN PLEASE DO WHAT IS YOU MIND AS A PRESIDENT.

GORGET ABOUT THOSE NORTHNER.

SOUTH IS THE KEY TO NIGERIA.

I SUPPORT YOU 100%.

INFACT WE NEED TO RELOCATE TH CAPITAL TO SOUTH.
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by Youngichou(m): 1:40pm On Nov 01, 2010
Ministry of petroleum to Delta state
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by okeyxyz(m): 1:44pm On Nov 01, 2010
chyz1:

Just out of curiosity. Can anybody tell me how moving to another region will make a difference in the Ministry or does that mean the state it is moved to will get more money or something? I'm lost.
GBAM!!, juo ha o(ask dem o)

atampakoeg: A big lie. No official person commented or confirmed this story, yet you went to press with it?

Are you dafts?

All the officials that you called didnt pick their phone or replied your text messages, yet you went to publish the story.
So if there r no offical confirmation, does dat make d story false? ok, why have they not made OFFICIAL denial?
it simply means an official decision has not been made, not dat d issue is not under consideration
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by okeyxyz(m): 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2010
tensor777:

I feel you. Even apart from that the whole idea is illogical and nonsensical.
Is it not human beings, who make illogical & nonsensical decisions? & last time i chked, GEJ was still human. ur argument doesn't make d story false.
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by sylve11: 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2010
any how, any where is ok in as much i'v my daily bread and there is peace in the country. cool
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by oluite(f): 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2010
whatever for?how does the move affect the bottom line?
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by bisiaet: 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2010
Did Gej announce it or did he send out any such message? By the way how does this borthers anybody if the president says some of his guys should be move to Lagos pls what is wrong in this? Is this an offense in Nigeria constitution?

Nation Capital was moved from Lagos to Abuja under different unfounded reasons both true and lies, was IBB crucify for doing such? So what is the big deal decentralising the excutives pls? Pls there are issues we should waste our time on not issue like this because he is the president they are more or less working under him if he feel it is better some of them get back to Lagos whose headache is it?

I can see serious undermining this guy, Gej because whatever he says is a crime or whatever any body lied about him that he said is a crime pls this guy is nobody houseboy it deosnt matter whether is from minority or not he is humanbeign and a president so I dont think he needs anybody approval to move or even sacked any of his executive.
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 01, 2010
I think it makes some sense to move certain ministries. Ministry of Petroleum should be in the South South, Solid Minerals should be in Jos, Aviation should be in Lagos. Transportation should also be in Lagos cos that's where the biggest Nigerian Port is.
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by Vijay4life(m): 3:38pm On Nov 01, 2010
Please relocate them to my state, Ekiti.
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by jason12345: 3:38pm On Nov 01, 2010
dappssee:

I think it makes some sense to move certain ministries. Ministry of Petroleum should be in the South South, Solid Minerals should be in Jos, Aviation should be in Lagos. Transportation should also be in Lagos cos that's where the biggest Nigerian Port is.

i support you 100%!!! the ministry of petroleum SHOULD be moved to the south south to create employment for the indigences. minerals in jos. aviation and transportation in lagos.
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2010
Vijay4life:

No thanks. We dont need "ajeku".
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by jason12345: 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2010
Vijay4life:

grin grin ekiti ko. e ki te  ni!!! grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by Kabikala(m): 3:40pm On Nov 01, 2010
It is now obvious that the IBB media crew is always busy spinning a new yarn every week just to discredit Jonathan. How long is this gonna last?
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by jason12345: 3:41pm On Nov 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

No thanks. We dont need "ajeku".
ba wo ni, a ti ri e lati o jo yi. ibo lo wa grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 01, 2010
jason12345:

ba wo ni, a ti ri e lati o jo yi. ibo lo wa grin grin grin
aburo mi, mo wa jare, idanwo fe pa mi. sugbon emi ti n ri e ati wahala ti o n se fun awon omo igbo ni bi lipsrsealed lipsrsealed sofrey sofrey ninu gbogbo nkan o grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by jason12345: 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

aburo mi, mo wa jare, idanwo fe pa mi. sugbon emi ti n ri e ati wahala ti o n se fun awon omo igbo ni bi lipsrsealed lipsrsealed sofrey sofrey ninu gbogbo nkan o grin grin

o se jare!!! grin. awon lo n fun ara won ni wahala!!! grin grin. wan fe gbo o toro. olorun a wa pe lu e in asiko idanwo yi wink smiley
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by Guyman02: 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2010
The other day after IBB visited kaduna State Gov Patrick Yakowa, Daily Trust came out with a headline news purpoting to quote Yakowa that 'IBB is the most credible presidential candidate'. the aim is to create a rift between him and his boss Sambo and deny him the opportunity of retaining his seat.
The last time it was the cancellation of the dredging of River Niger project. More concocted stories will still be churned out from Minna. Keep your ears open.
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2010
jason12345:

o se jare!!! grin. awon lo n fun ara won ni wahala!!! grin grin. wan fe gbo o toro. olorun a wa pe lu e in asiko idanwo yi wink smiley
ase!! e seun e seun. take am easy, ma dear.
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by OffDat: 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2010
Why Lagos that is already the most congested City in Africa behind probably, Cairo. What happend to other states in the East or North?
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2010
jonathan should wait till after election for him to make this move.
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by kele1975(m): 9:16am On Nov 02, 2010
Let give the Ministries to Abia State then since you guys want to fight over a false story,  tongue
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by yabbali: 10:05am On Nov 03, 2010
our ministers, directors, generally civil servants need a conducive atmosphere to operate and run nigeria, far from the notorious kidnappers, area boys and militants (all so-called cos our army can wipe them off-planet in seconds). you think our south south senators are fools for purchasing those expenses residents in abuja? you think our south south governors are stupid for spending every free time (in-country) in their abuja mansions? no ministry is going nowhere. abuja has come to stay. imagine that even at this, with the great separation involved, the bombers are beginning to reach abuja. in places you are suggesting, the cost of building will skyrocket cos of the additional requirement for blast-proof walls, vests, windows,
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by tunde121oke: 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2010
why
Re: Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos by Danladi7: 4:23pm On Dec 02, 2017
becomrich4:
You can not move it to calabar, because the law does not allow for it. It can only be moved to lagos, that what the law says. It can only be lagos or abuja. Even Jonathan can choice to be in lagos and not abuja if he likes.

Nigeria law allows it. When they move the capital from lagos to abuja. The law stated clearly that lagos was still a capital city of nigeria. Please check. Jonathan has the constitution power to move any ministry between lagos and abuja. please see the decree.
This is a big lie!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex- Gov Saraki Still Lives In Govt House / Another Nairalander Experience Of The Lagos To Ilorin train / Top 10 Attack Helicopters In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.