Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom (26284 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by midnighter(f): 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2019
I have observed that dads seem to have more time for you when you are a bit older, have achieved some success and are able to carry an intelligent conversation

As a generalisation/stereotype, they may not be too great with early-life bonding or childhood stuff. But your mum can do both

Maybe thats why...people just remember all the love, encouragement and support from their mother in their formative years or when they hadnt quite figured themselves out yet

Dad is more like... here are your school fees, drugs, clothes and books..now go ahead and make something of yourself... then if you do well they will begin to warm up but you may find it difficult to bond then because you were not feeling his presence before

11 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Solsix(m): 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2019
Most of the I know I learned from my Dad, but my mom is irreplaceable
Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Ebenezerk2: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2019
Ebenezerk2:
Are they all dead?
Ladies love their fathers while boys love their mums
Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by imitateMe(m): 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2019
obembet:
I have read series of argument on nairaland and other forums but it still baffled me why many children considered mother first before thier father. I'm a young lady too, I have feelings for my mom but my dad always been thier without any excuse.
mom is more important from birth till you go to school. After that it is the father who takes care of your education, guides you in your career. At least in my case this is true because my mom was uneducated. My dad teaches us and guides all his children to succeed in life. Without my dad I will lose my path and fail in life. Therefore, In my case my father was a good man. My mom gave me life but my father taught me how to live.

What's your views?

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44
You made much sense. kiss

4 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by foster212: 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2019
My dad is irreplaceable. Bleep mum. That woman made me go through hell.

13 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Blackdna: 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2019
Wow
Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 27, 2019
thorpido:
Your bolded is not necessarily true except you are using your experience as a yardstick.
I changed my children's diapers,bottle-fed them,woke up in the night to feed them,bathe them,sit with them to do homework and carry them to bed when it's time to sleep.They even choose to sleep beside me.I'm the one they want to ask their questions.
Now tell me why mothers are 'automatically' number one in a child's life.

Piroux,sorry about your dad's experience.Yes,most fathers especially the 70s and 80s fathers were like your dad.Many fathers in this generation are quite different
this is exactly what my dad did to me and my siblings He did more when my mum went to school. Backed up and all.
now, I can kill the whole world to satisfy him, cos he sacrificed alot for us. Uptill now, I call on him wen I'm depressed, his counsel is out of thia world.

8 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by virago(f): 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2019
olabrinks:
Mothers love can never compete with a dad. Mothers will always be number one in a child’s life.

Not necessarily , I love both equally and I also hate them both equally

2 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Teerach: 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
Ladies naturally love their dad. Men their mom.

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by stalingraddd(m): 8:25pm On Sep 27, 2019
also feel the same way, was more closer and related more to my mom as a child but as a man I relate more with my father and I appreciate the immense sacrifices he made for me which I didn't see or took for granted as a child

2 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by brodalikeme(m): 8:27pm On Sep 27, 2019
obembet:
I have read series of argument on nairaland and other forums but it still baffled me why many children considered mother first before thier father. I'm a young lady too, I have feelings for my mom but my dad always been thier without any excuse.
mom is more important from birth till you go to school. After that it is the father who takes care of your education, guides you in your career. At least in my case this is true because my mom was uneducated. My dad teaches us and guides all his children to succeed in life. Without my dad I will lose my path and fail in life. Therefore, In my case my father was a good man. My mom gave me life but my father taught me how to live.

What's your views?

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44

Better girl!!! I want to marry Ooo

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by pyrex23(m): 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2019
Mostly, daughters love their dad's more and sons love their mothers more..

Even I, know my dad has contributed immensely more than my mum to my upbringing, financially disciplinary, stress wise..

I love them both..
But the love is slightly higher on my mom than dad..
Feels unfair though..

But even when I have my kids I'll understand..

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by ReeLoaDead(m): 8:31pm On Sep 27, 2019
Mother #1 ... any day!

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by seangy4konji: 8:31pm On Sep 27, 2019
My father anytime...

May his soul continue to rest in peace.

4 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by iamdannyfc(m): 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
Fathers are highly underrated in our society.

What do you expect from someone who is always on the lookout for money. if he goes broke, the family goes broke.

Always on the run to provide shelter for the family and most times to the relatives. To share love with the children will be a little bit hard na.

At the end of the day the child will experience little to no fatherly love without even realising he his always absent because of their wellbeing (physical,health,societal,disciplinary)

Most people realise this sacrifice after the transition from boy to man and having his own family.

Note: it might not apply to polygamous family

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by PinkHealthGroup: 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2019
genq:
As a child it is none of your business whether your dad is polygamous or not - this solely between him and your mother. Afterall, you were not there from the beginning. You have no clue what they promised/negotiated with each other. Any child who judges a parent based what the other parent told them is a fool! Yes, your mother may be sweet, but she certainly isn't an angel - both parties are prone to make mistakes over the course of a marriage.

A father deserves maximum respect for the mere fact that he provides the needs of his household. In most Nigerian homes, the man is mainly responsible for putting a roof over the heads of his wife and children, he pays the bills, school fees, feeding, outings and other upkeep with little to no assistance from the mother. It's not easy and the old man should be appreciated for that.

I love my mother - ever so gentle and wise. But my father, gets my ultimate reverence and honour irrespective of whatever mistakes he made in his personal life.

As a child, it is very much your business if your father or mother is polyamorous and fooooking 50 ppl other than your parent. Diseases and STIs are very real. No one should abuse the mindsets of children by telling them it isnt their business.

Your mother does not have to be mistreated or exposed to diseases
If she contracts Hep C, chances are her kids have high probability of getting it too. Anyone that says this type of BS needs to be shot. Children deserve loving, trustworthy parents. We have lied to our children for so long....and this is why the Nigerian family is built on hypocrisy and fake lives. How much more the govt?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Vasgas: 8:45pm On Sep 27, 2019
When I was a kid I was more closer to my mum than Dad, the more I grew up I became more acquainted with my dad.
But not withstanding a child that want to go far in life must honour is 'parents' not father or mother but parents.
Thank God for my parents

4 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by haaryobhami: 8:45pm On Sep 27, 2019
am sure me and my siblings share the same sentiment with u.
though my mum is a great mum and does her duty but my dad is my hero,my super man.
I pray for that man before I pray for myself atimes.
if it was possible I'll remove part of the years I'll live on earth and add it to my dads own.
he gave me life and he always got my back.

dads are d real heroes

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Ten06(m): 8:47pm On Sep 27, 2019
My dad, though he is late

5 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by stormwarrior(m): 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2019
if it not for my dad i don't know what might have happen to me,mom left when i was young saying dad isn't rich but we thank God.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
Not everyone is privileged to have a responsible father. When you are around 7years old, you will tend to know who is making sacrifices.
I know of a 7year old boy born of a beautiful quadriplegic mother, the father ran away upon discovering the pregnancy.
Up till today, he has refused to meet the boy, he blocked the mother's line and every line she uses in calling him.
On an occasion, someone's phone was used, the boy was put online, immediately the boy called him Daddy, he cut him off and blocked the line.
The woman manages a shop where they both sleep on the floor cos she can't afford to rent a room.
The school gives the boy a 50% discount school fees which the woman pays. Food, clothing, health etc all on her.
Up till today, the man is yet to see the boy, talk less of spending a penny.
Should we blame this boy when it is well with him on why he is considering his mother first?

12 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by mercyviv(f): 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2019
Some of us have an AWOL dad. Mom was, is and will be everything for me!!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 27, 2019
olabrinks:
Mothers love can never compete with a dad. Mothers will always be number one in a child’s life.
Not always bro. We always have our individual preferences. To you it is your mother, to others it is their FATHERS they love most.

7 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by nkwuocha1: 9:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
Bet nature balance the whole family set up.Mama endure bad marriages for sake of the kids while the father enjoy the repercussions of being a deadbeat husband to Mama.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by nick50(m): 9:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
When I was child my mum told us alot of bullshit about my dad but wen I grew up I found out d TRUTH...I don't believe in a one sided story so now whatever issues my dad had with my mum remains their business.. I treat d both of them equally because TO BE A MAN NO BE ONE DAY JOB. Remember U WILL BE TREATED THE SAME WAY U TREATED UR FATHER

6 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by amaniro: 9:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
My mom is my favorite parent chikena and I can't just change that! I know my dad sacrificed slot but Moms love covered it up. I love them both but my mother forever

4 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by iamdannyfc(m): 9:00pm On Sep 27, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:
Not everyone is privileged to have a responsible father. When you are around 7years old, you will tend to know who is making sacrifices.
I know of a 7year old boy born of a beautiful quadriplegic mother, the father ran away upon discovering the pregnancy.
Up till today, he has refused to meet the boy, he blocked the mother's line and every line she uses in ca...
mercyviv:
Some of us have an AWOL dad. Mom was, is and will be everything for me!!

Check the comment above , the mother went AWOL because the father is not rich. This are Exceptions

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Lumig: 9:06pm On Sep 27, 2019
genq:
As a child it is none of your business whether your dad is polygamous or not - this solely between him and your mother. Afterall, you were not there from the beginning. You have no clue what they promised/negotiated with each other. Any child who judges a parent based what the other parent told them is a fool! Yes, your mother may be sweet, but she certainly isn't an angel - both parties are prone to make mistakes over the course of a marriage.

A father deserves maximum respect for the mere fact that he provides the needs of his household. In most Nigerian homes, the man is mainly responsible for putting a roof over the heads of his wife and children, he pays the bills, school fees, feeding, outings and other upkeep with little to no assistance from the mother. It's not easy and the old man should be appreciated for that.

I love my mother - ever so gentle and wise. But my father, gets my ultimate reverence and honour irrespective of whatever mistakes he made in his personal life.
... The best submission I've read for a long time. Kudos bro

5 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Lumig: 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2019
Logobenz:
My mom will always be my everything till the end of time.
I don't know where I will be today or how i will live without her.certainly the worst part of slums.
The sacrifices,support,encouragement,belief,etc...In fact,I am who I am today because of her no doubt about that.
If I tell you then things that woman did for me ehn,you will change that stupid write up of yours or learn to always speak for yourself undecided
You said your mom wasn't educated and bla bla bla...mine stopped at standard 6 too so is that an excuse? undecided
So you think moms don't know how to teach children how to live and become great people?
You sound really limited.
... You are speaking for yourself undecided
Logobenz:
My mom will always be my everything till the end of time.
I don't know where I will be today or how i will live without her.certainly the worst part of slums.
The sacrifices,support,encouragement,belief,etc...In fact,I am who I am today because of her no doubt about that.
If I tell you then things that woman did for me ehn,you will change that stupid write up of yours or learn to always speak for yourself undecided
You said your mom wasn't educated and bla bla bla...mine stopped at standard 6 too so is that an excuse? undecided
So you think moms don't know how to teach children how to live and become great people?
You sound really limited.
... You are speaking for yourself
Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Nicheey(m): 9:10pm On Sep 27, 2019
My mum's first.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Dad Bonds With Daughter's Son Had Outside Wedlock After Criticizing Her / The World's Largest Family Of 181 Members: / Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.