Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom (26283 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by backbone503(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
UnknownQueen:

Married sir.

Between now and before you got married, has there been a change in your capacity to love your parents?
Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by UnknownQueen(f): 6:14am On Oct 01, 2019
backbone503:

Between now and before you got married, has there been a change in your capacity to love your parents?

My love for them hasn't really changed, however my financial obligations towards them have reduced drastically..

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by backbone503(m): 7:35am On Oct 01, 2019
UnknownQueen:

My love for them hasn't really changed, however my financial obligations towards them have reduced drastically..

Tell me about marriage. Is it sweet? Have you found all you expected? And whats that major thing you've discovered in it that no one ever told you of? No vex se my questions plenty o!
Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by UnknownQueen(f): 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2019
backbone503:

Tell me about marriage. Is it sweet? Have you found all you expected? And whats that major thing you've discovered in it that no one ever told you of? No vex se my questions plenty o!

In marriage, the feelings you have are indescribable, it's a mixture of good, bad feelings, had I known, sometimes feelings of butterflies fluttering in your stomach, ups and downs, here and there feelings, however regardless of whatever one feels, self control is key, not forgetting hard and smart work.
Also putting at the back of your mind that whatever down feelings you're having is a phase that will soon pass..

Nothing in my marriage shocks me, except that my inlaws wanted me to call all the tiny tiny small children that they didn't give birth to in my presence brother and aunty lagbaja, and even though I'm a yoruba person myself, I find that so awkward and irritating...
And so I resisted that demand oo, I guess till date they don't like me for that...
.I guess I've started digressing...

Now tell me why you're asking all these.

2 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Juliearth(f): 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2019
obembet:
I have read series of argument on nairaland and other forums but it still baffled me why many children considered mother first before thier father. I'm a young lady too, I have feelings for my mom but my dad always been thier without any excuse.
mom is more important from birth till you go to school. After that it is the father who takes care of your education, guides you in your career. At least in my case this is true because my mom was uneducated. My dad teaches us and guides all his children to succeed in life. Without my dad I will lose my path and fail in life. Therefore, In my case my father was a good man. My mom gave me life but my father taught me how to live.

What's your views?

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44

To each his own! Kids don't just choose their favourites based on nothing. Most fathers are breadwinners and are hardly at home. The mothers on the other hand are mostly stay-at-home wives. By virtue of this arrangement, it is normal for kids to share a certain bond with their mothers.

2 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by backbone503(m): 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2019
UnknownQueen:

In marriage, the feelings you have are indescribable, it's a mixture of good, bad feelings, had I known, sometimes feelings of butterflies fluttering in your stomach, ups and downs, here and there feelings, however regardless of whatever one feels, self control is key, not forgetting hard and smart work.
Also putting at the back of your mind that whatever down feelings you're having is a phase that will soon pass..

Nothing in my marriage shocks me, except that my inlaws wanted me to call all the tiny tiny small children that they didn't give birth to in my presence brother and aunty lagbaja, and even though I'm a yoruba person myself, I find that so awkward and irritating...
And so I resisted that demand oo, I guess till date they don't like me for that...
.I guess I've started digressing...

Now tell me why you're asking all these.

I guess you've been married for some years now, do men still shoot their shots at you? If yes, how do you deal with it?

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by UnknownQueen(f): 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
backbone503:

I guess you've been married for some years now, do men still shoot their shots at you? If yes, how do you deal with it?

No they don't... I'm a work from home mum and I hardly go out.

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by midnighter(f): 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2019
agabusta:

Does it have to do with the fact that mothers are hard on their daughters in order to ensure they come out highly responsible and a home maker.

Why Dads are hard on their son to make them come out as proper men.

But Dads are just soft on their daughters while mothers just pamper the boys.

That's an interesting way of looking at it.
Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Slimsly100(f): 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2019
genq:
As a child it is none of your business whether your dad is polygamous or not - this solely between him and your mother. Afterall, you were not there from the beginning. You have no clue what they promised/negotiated with each other. Any child who judges a parent based what the other parent told them is a fool! Yes, your mother may be sweet, but she certainly isn't an angel - both parties are prone to make mistakes over the course of a marriage.

A father deserves maximum respect for the mere fact that he provides the needs of his household. In most Nigerian homes, the man is mainly responsible for putting a roof over the heads of his wife and children, he pays the bills, school fees, feeding, outings and other upkeep with little to no assistance from the mother. It's not easy and the old man should be appreciated for that.

I love my mother - ever so gentle and wise. But my father, gets my ultimate reverence and honour irrespective of whatever mistakes he made in his personal life.

Shebi na if u get papa wey do well?
What do u have to say about a father who's never there for his kids, never listens to his wife's counsel, but always tries to take the glory anytime any of the kids achieve a milestone?
Only the woman would toil and sweat, borrow, even sell her wrappers just to send her kids to school. Even cook food for the family from her loans, and the man would eat comfortably.
Abeg matter long angry

2 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by NevetsIbot(m): 12:10pm On Oct 05, 2019
Well. Growing up.. I was very attached to my mother being the only son . I adored my father though and cherished everytime he smiled at me. Mum was always around.. she wasn't too busy. Dad was working in another town and came home every three days and would spend time with us - tell us about his childhood, laugh with us, cook for us sometimes, take us out. It only happened once in a while when he wasn't too stressed.... As we grew up, he became stricter and I grew to dislike him from age 10 to 16..... After then, I began to see the good side of his being strict... If he was as nice as my mother, I'd be a wasted spoilt only son.

Now, we are friends, we share books and we treat eachothers stuffs like it's co-owner. He's becoming my go-to-person now and I fought physically with two men who tried to disrespect him

I love my father and mother equally abeg.... Despite their mistakes.

3 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by tck2000(m): 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
viewing
Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by adebobconed(m): 8:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
Nice thread

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by staymore: 10:02pm On Oct 16, 2019
Teerach:
Ladies naturally love their dad. Men their mom.

Mine is different as a man, I love dad more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Dad Bonds With Daughter's Son Had Outside Wedlock After Criticizing Her / The World's Largest Family Of 181 Members: / Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.