Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom (26288 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by revolt(m): 9:13pm On Sep 27, 2019
For me
.I think as immature kids ee always tilt towards our mother but when we grow into men and become fathers, then we realise our dads were the real heroes. They sacrificed everything for us...unfortunately most dads hVe overworked themselves and died b4 we come to thank them... beru sad cycle. My d as d said this and its si sad I cnt show him all the love he deserved ...now

6 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Grupo(m): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2019
As a kid, I thought my dad was unnecessarily strict. But as an adult, I cannot help but appreciate all he did for us.

While my other siblings don't really recognize his efforts, I'm happy that my younger sister knows he is a good man.

I cannot say that I love him more than my mom now, but I seriously regard him more than my mom not because the latter is bad. Maybe, I'm just being biased because he is a fellow man. And if he should leave today, I would be bitterly pained.

That man really tried.

3 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by coldFLARES1(m): 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2019
bukatyne:
Children would always like the parent who was really there for them.

At childhood, you can deceive a child with sweets. When he or she is older, the ability to judge a parent for whom they really are is gotten.

That is the stage most fall outs happen.
Can't agree less with you.

I don't have the luxury of declaring preference for one against the other. Momsie has passed on. However, when she was around, no contestation about my preference for Poppa.

With all his baggage, which included having 10 of us and earning as an under-rank in the Army, I haven't seen more responsible, forthright, disciplined and loyal fathers.

He is my friend; impacted me with sterling virtues; sacrificed the most to make me access the most of the opportunities his lean resources could afford.

My father any day!

8 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by bukatyne(f): 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2019
coldFLARES1:
Can't agree less with you.

I don't have the luxury of declaring preference for one against the other. Momsie has passed on. However, when she was around, no contestation about my preference for Poppa.

With all his baggage, which included having 10 of us and earning as an under-rank in the Army, I haven't seen more responsible, forthright, disciplined and loyal fathers.

He is my friend and impacted with sterling virtues and sacrificed the most to make me access the most of the opportunities his lean resources could afford.

My father any day!

Kudos to him.

May you be able to be a source of pride to him and continue his leagcy

3 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by badonkadonk: 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
Man child love the mothers.

Woman child love the fathers.

It's the law of nature and genetics .
Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Grupo(m): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
revolt:
For me
.I think as immature kids ee always tilt towards our mother but when we grow into men and become fathers, then we realise our dads were the real heroes. They sacrificed everything for us...unfortunately most dads hVe overworked themselves and died b4 we come to thank them... beru sad cycle. My d as d said this and its si sad I cnt show him all the love he deserved ...now

You have said it all.

I really didn't appreciate my dad until I moved out of the house and got my place at the age of 25.

After I paid my bills for one year, I started respecting my dad even more. He even noticed it and mentioned it to me once that I had become more mature after I started living alone.

7 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by themaestro08(m): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
piroux:

Lol, it's not a big deal though. In a way, the way he is has showed me what i don't want in a husband. The minute i meet a guy who says taking care of children is the woman' sole responsibility, I just smile and shift away kiakia.

I don't need any man calling me evil in the future because he invested money alone while i invested my heart in my children. If we do it together, no parent is ever forgotten. There are children[b][/b][b][/b] who take care of both children equally because they know that both of them invested in their lives.

[If you have been doing all you said above, then you're a good dad.[i] May you not get tired and may you enjoy the fruits of your labour.
excuse me, are you saying men who don't change diapers , bathe their kids and the likes are bad and unsuitable?

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by oglalasioux(m): 9:31pm On Sep 27, 2019
Teacher: (to pupils) remember to bring your parents or Guardian to attend the end of year party

Pupil: (to teacher) those that don't have Guardian can they come with Daily Independent?

How about those without parents?

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Starz825(m): 9:32pm On Sep 27, 2019
My dad over my mum.... anyday anytime....even baba God knows

3 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Midas01: 9:37pm On Sep 27, 2019
Your first statement is pure trash.

If you don't know what that cheating and the likes does to a marriage and even to children then I don't think you're qualified to speak on such issues.

If you think most men tell their wives about adding other wives after them or about having a free pass to cheat in a marriage then you're very naive.

I've seen where women get beaten , humiliated, subdued, by their husbands because of sidechicks. My neighbor almost lost her life and one eye because of this senseless egoistic attitude of "men are polygamous in nature and can cheat whenever" attitude. Her little kids know their dad brings different women home and mistreated their mom due to that. So saying this is not the business of the kids is reflective of naivety.
genq:
As a child it is none of your business whether your dad is polygamous or not - this solely between him and your mother. Afterall, you were not there from the beginning. You have no clue what they promised/negotiated with each other. Any child who judges a parent based what the other parent told them is a fool! Yes, your mother may be sweet, but she certainly isn't an angel - both parties are prone to make mistakes over the course of a marriage.

A father deserves maximum respect for the mere fact that he provides the needs of his household. In most Nigerian homes, the man is mainly responsible for putting a roof over the heads of his wife and children, he pays the bills, school fees, feeding, outings and other upkeep with little to no assistance from the mother. It's not easy and the old man should be appreciated for that.

I love my mother - ever so gentle and wise. But my father, gets my ultimate reverence and honour irrespective of whatever mistakes he made in his personal life.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Lugianostar(m): 9:37pm On Sep 27, 2019
obembet:
I have read series of argument on nairaland and other forums but it still baffled me why many children considered mother first before thier father. I'm a young lady too, I have feelings for my mom but my dad always been thier without any excuse.
mom is more important from birth till you go to school. After that it is the father who takes care of your education, guides you in your career. At least in my case this is true because my mom was uneducated. My dad teaches us and guides all his children to succeed in life. Without my dad I will lose my path and fail in life. Therefore, In my case my father was a good man. My mom gave me life but my father taught me how to live.

What's your views?

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44

Please marry me Daddy's girl!!!

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by SenecaTheYonger: 9:39pm On Sep 27, 2019
They both played an important role in my life. I would be lost without them. So I love them equally.

obembet:
I have read series of argument on nairaland and other forums but it still baffled me why many children considered mother first before thier father. I'm a young lady too, I have feelings for my mom but my dad always been thier without any excuse.
mom is more important from birth till you go to school. After that it is the father who takes care of your education, guides you in your career. At least in my case this is true because my mom was uneducated. My dad teaches us and guides all his children to succeed in life. Without my dad I will lose my path and fail in life. Therefore, In my case my father was a good man. My mom gave me life but my father taught me how to live.

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by genq(m): 9:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
PinkHealthGroup:

As a child, it is very much your business if your father or mother is polyamorous and fooooking 50 ppl other than your parent. Diseases and STIs are very real. No one should abuse the mindsets of children by telling them it isnt their business.

Your mother does not have to be mistreated or exposed to diseases
If she contracts Hep C, chances are her kids have high probability of getting it too. Anyone that says this type of BS needs to be shot. Children deserve loving, trustworthy parents. We have lied to our children for so long....and this is why the Nigerian family is built on hypocrisy and fake lives. How much more the govt?

Midas01:
Your first statement is pure trash.

If you don't know what that cheating and the likes does to a marriage and even to children then I don't think you're qualified to speak on such issues.

If you think most men tell their wives about adding other wives after them or about having a free pass to cheat in a marriage then you're very naive.

I've seen where women get beaten , humiliated, subdued, by their husbands because of sidechicks. My neighbor almost lost her life and one eye because of this senseless egoistic attitude of "men are polygamous in nature and can cheat whenever" attitude. Her little kids know their dad brings different women home and mistreated their mom due to that. So saying this is not the business of the kids is reflective of naivety.

Your mothers are free to walk away if they can - but unfortunately many Nigerian women are unable to leave such marriages as they cannot fend for themselves otherwise. These women ( who contribute very little to the household) have no negotiating power in that marriage - so, they grow old and bitter and continue to leech of their husbands financially - then have the shameless guts to poison the gullible minds of the kids against the father.

Unfortunately, these naive kids then grow up conveniently ignoring the fact that their wonderful mother had no dignity or financial backing to be able to walk away from the so called polygamous father.

So my point remains, it is none of your business as a child. Or better yet, if the child has a brain, he/she should think objectively and ask their mother the REAL reason why she choose to remain in that marriage.

Btw, Midas01 learn to express yourself in an educated manner.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Amumaigwe: 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2019
thorpido:
Your bolded is not necessarily true except you are using your experience as a yardstick.
I changed my children's diapers,bottle-fed them,woke up in the night to feed them,bathe them,sit with them to do homework and carry them to bed when it's time to sleep.They even choose to sleep beside me.I'm the one they want to ask their questions.
Now tell me why mothers are 'automatically' number one in a child's life.

Piroux,sorry about your dad's experience.Yes,most fathers especially the 70s and 80s fathers were like your dad.Many fathers in this generation are quite different

Your perspective as a father perfectly matches mine. I do all these things and much much much more alike. I know that the testimonial will be pleasant.

3 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2019
To each his own
If ur mother had not created that 'home' for your father,u think say u go dey here they talk about papa help u for career and what not.

2 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 27, 2019
Omo see people oh..... Dad kor mum nii...
We that fought our way through do we still choose....

All the hungry days where Dem dey...
When we dey use sadness dey chop food dey baff nko...

Mtchewww... Nonsense I choose none.... Only one person truly cares and that is my guardian angel.... As for the so called parents... No be their fault

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by graciouslygrace(f): 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
well, good for you my father was my worst nightmare

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by thorpido(m): 10:01pm On Sep 27, 2019
Amumaigwe:

Your perspective as a father perfectly matches mine. I do all these things and much much much more alike. I know that the testimonial will be pleasant.
It sure will.

2 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by folake4u(f): 10:03pm On Sep 27, 2019
Ah! My father first oh before Mum. Lol, although it sounds unfair but it's what it is.
Pops has stood by me through thick and thin, given advice no one's ever gonna give me, been my biggest cheerleader when I do not even believe in myself. Although he's annoying too but then again... smiley

2 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:05pm On Sep 27, 2019
Logobenz:
My mom will always be my everything till the end of time.
I don't know where I will be today or how i will live without her.certainly the worst part of slums.
The sacrifices,support,encouragement,belief,etc...In fact,I am who I am today because of her no doubt about that.
If I tell you then things that woman did for me ehn,you will change that stupid write up of yours or learn to always speak for yourself undecided
You said your mom wasn't educated and bla bla bla...mine stopped at standard 6 too so is that an excuse? undecided
So you think moms don't know how to teach children how to live and become great people?
You sound really limited.

You don't need to bash her, from what she put up there; not that she was disrespecting or wanted to disrespect her Mum: no.

The point she's making is that; why is it that mostly Mothers are been praise for their roles compared to the Fathers.

But life is vice versa, some fathers are wonderful while some are bad indeed (No doubt about that).

There is what we call "Philosophy of the writer". So, every write up are base on experiences of the writers which in turn form their philosophy and ideas.

I appreciate her write up for it notify the general statements from our Ladies nowardays that all guys/Men are the same. No, we are not the same and we can't never be. There are responsible Men out there and the same things apply to women as well.

If you check very well just as you put up here, it's on rare occasion you see children praising their fathers over their mothers, but I can tell you convincingly that; there are lot of wonderful fathers out there and I'm also a living testimony of those who are priviledged to have fantastic Father along with great Monther. I love and appreciate them all.

It is a faulty principle to generalize that all men/guys or all women/ladies are the same.

3 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Oblongata: 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2019
A wise man once told me; father is a father for all...

While mother is a mother for her children...

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by AtoningBlood(m): 10:11pm On Sep 27, 2019
My Dad over n over again.

For believing in me, hmmm words can't tell it all.

2 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Sivou1(m): 10:12pm On Sep 27, 2019
obembet:

What's your views?

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44

This gives me hope as a father, my 2 girls bonds with me better than they do with their mum, though my little boy still show preference for his mum for now @ 3, I love my children and do play with them a lot. Thanks for sharing your experience to encourage people like us.

6 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Talk2nanro(m): 10:12pm On Sep 27, 2019
Most of you here keep saying you prefer your mother, that's the reason why most of you are stupid and mannerless in this country.
Any well mannered and wise person will always prefer the father because they are the ones that inculcate good virtues in children. Though there are still a few disciplined women.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 27, 2019
INTEGRITYA1:

You don't need to bash her, from what she put up there; not that she was disrespecting or wanted to disrespect her Mum: no.

The point she's making is that; why is it that mostly Mothers are been praise for their roles compared to the Fathers.

But life is vice versa, some fathers are wonderful while some are bad indeed (No doubt about that).

There is what we call "Philosophy of the writer". So, every write up are base on experiences of the writers which in turn form their philosophy and ideas.

I appreciate her write up for it notify the general statements from our Ladies nowardays that all guys/Men are the same. No, we are not the same and we can't never be. There are responsible Men out there and the same things apply to women as well.

If you check very well just as you put up here, it's on rare occasion you see children praising their fathers over their mothers, but I can tell you convincingly that; there are lot of wonderful fathers out there and I'm also a living testimony of those who are priviledged to have fantastic Father along with great Monther. I love and appreciate them all.

It is a faulty principle to generalize that all men/guys or all women/ladies are the same.
she generalized at a point.that was my only problem.

2 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by badcompany: 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2019
Ncsamuel:
it's if the father didn't play his role appropriately in the home. Mother's love is good but father's love isn't that bad either, but let's not try to favor one over the other when it's time for them to depend on us
my dear, dats not true. Statistics has shown dat if you are related to your step- brother through mother, theres more bonding than if u guys r related via father. In nvtshell, children r bond more with mother, even her language. Mother tongue!
Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by COOL10(m): 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2019
obembet:

What's your views?

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44

People don't know the importance of a dad until they lose one.

6 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by Dammyofficial(m): 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
my dad any day anytime
the man is trying

1 Like

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by aspiring44: 10:28pm On Sep 27, 2019
obembet:

But at the end, why mother always get more love, care from thier children than Father?

We won't know the essence of parents until we become parents ourselves. Its a normal cycle of life .

3 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by queenblossom(f): 10:28pm On Sep 27, 2019
obembet:

What's your views?

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique c

Good for u I love my mom and will still choose my mom over and over again even in my next life. My mom is a teacher like wise my dad.
My didn't even give me 2k to register for my WAEC not that he doesn't have d money at that time he has it but refused to pay. My mom did after secondary school I stayed back for 6years blf getting admission and I can't forget what my dad told me during that period that my mates are on d express selling cooked groundnut and bread. My mom stood by me, shared my pains and saw me through the university and my dad refused to pay a dim. My dad doesn't even know what I studied in the university. U see why I will die for my mom. I am what I am today cos of my mom. My dad has never bought anything for me in life not even a toothbrush of 10naira
mynd44
Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by queenblossom(f): 10:28pm On Sep 27, 2019
[quote author=obembet post=82542159]I have read series of argument on nairaland and other forums but it still baffled me why many children considered mother first before thier father. I'm a young lady too, I have feelings for my mom but my dad always been thier without any excuse.

What's your views?

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique c

Good for u I love my mom and will still choose my mom over and over again even in my next life. My mom is a teacher like wise my dad.
My didn't even give me 2k to register for my WAEC not that he doesn't have d money at that time he has it but refused to pay. My mom did after secondary school I stayed back for 6years blf getting admission and I can't forget what my dad told me during that period that my mates are on d express selling cooked groundnut and bread. My mom stood by me, shared my pains and saw me through the university and my dad refused to pay a dim. My dad doesn't even know what I studied in the university. U see why I will die for my mom. I am what I am today cos of my mom. My dad has never bought anything for me in life not even a toothbrush of 10naira

2 Likes

Re: The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom by COOL10(m): 10:30pm On Sep 27, 2019
olabrinks:
Mothers love can never compete with a dad. Mothers will always be number one in a child’s life.

You sound so ignorant.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The World's Largest Family Of 181 Members: / Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak / Issue Between My Mom And My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.