Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,968 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria (5387 Views)

JAPA: 10 Reasons Why You Can't Find Love In The UK / Attractive Qualities Of Men That Women Can't Resist / Unmarried Ladies Plead With Borno Government To Help Them Find Husbands. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by NiRfreak(m): 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2019
If we all notice of late, unlike in those days, we will realise there is this proliferation of guys of marriageable age who are well into their late 20s and early 30s yet still having no mind to take a lady serious in a relationship that may end in marriage. In fact their mind is far from marriage and on something else, which is, travelling out of this country.

Yes, that's the truth. It's a reason many guys aren't planning to marry because their eyes is set on crossing the frontiers of this wretched country into a more sane country, so they feel there's no point forming a serious, marriage-oriented relationship since the goal is to jet out.

Ladies, here you have it, your inability to land your dream husband may not be about you, cos many potential husbands are hell bent on leaving this shit hole, even though you are a wife material. Fact is an average guy of marriageable age today is planning to leave, In fact he has been denied visa a multiple times yet not giving up on his chances.
Many guys won't tell you this, but it's a fact. May God provide you your husbands.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by gift2xl: 11:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
Am depress. Even a bottle of beer na war.

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by AntiMCU: 11:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
NiRfreak:
If we all notice of late, unlike in those days, we will realise there is this proliferation of guys who are well into their late 20s and early 30s yet still having no mind to take a lady serious in relationship that may culminate in marriage. In fact their mind is far from marriage and on something else - which is, travelling out of this country.

Yes that's the truth and the reason many guys aren't planning to marry is because they set their eyes on crossing the frontiers of this wretched country into a more sane country, so there's no point to form a serious marriage oriented relationship because the goal is to jet out of the country.

So ladies, here you have it, the reason you can't find a husband today is mostly not about you but the guys who all are bent on leaving this shit hole, cos an average guy of marriageable age today is planning to leave the country, In fact has been denied visa a multiple times yet not giving up.
Many guys won't tell you this, but it's the fact. May God provide your husband.

Most won't realize how true this writeup is.

My very good friend that was a proponent of early marriage back in school is thinking of how to jet out to kuwait and then to a European country.

Mind you, he's 30 now.

13 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by Greystone: 11:29pm On Sep 29, 2019
NiRfreak:
If we all notice of late, unlike in those days, we will realise there is this proliferation of guys who are well into their late 20s and early 30s yet still having no mind to take a lady serious in relationship that may culminate in marriage. In fact their mind is far from marriage and on something else - which is, travelling out of this country.

Yes that's the truth and the reason many guys aren't planning to marry is because they set their eyes on crossing the frontiers of this wretched country into a more sane country, so there's no point to form a serious marriage oriented relationship because the goal is to jet out of the country.

So ladies, here you have it, the reason you can't find a husband today is mostly not about you but the guys who all are bent on leaving this shit hole, cos an average guy of marriageable age today is planning to leave the country, In fact has been denied visa a multiple times yet not giving up.

I was expecting a different answer but this is so true.

2 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by pharrell8(m): 7:48am On Sep 30, 2019
NiRfreak:

True talk..

1 Like

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 30, 2019
Wrong, God designed marriage for singles. The ladies are not married because they ain't single.

You have to be single before you can be married.

1 Like

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by AntiMCU: 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2019
illitrate:
Wrong, God designed marriage for singles. The ladies are not married because they ain't single.

This one is close-minded.

5 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by NiRfreak(m): 1:39pm On Sep 30, 2019
illitrate:

Pardin?? what are u saying

2 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by Easybela(f): 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2019
undecided There weddings every Saturday either in your area or somewhere else.
There are women that have about 3 or more suitors,each competing to marry her.
As much as our guys are going outside, other men from outside are equally here.
You are entitled to your opinion though but one thing I know is that these women ain't ready to settle yet,they spend much time working on their outward appearance instead of amending their character and until the later is taken care of,they will all attend shilloh at 35.

13 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by Godfullsam(m): 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
NiRfreak:

I dont agree with you. Most guys who travel abroard always come back home whenever they are ready for marriage.

The fact that most guys want to leave this shithote to a saner country is not a mojor reason why most ladies dont find it easy to get husband in nigeria.

The reason lies within the ladies and not the economy

3 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by AntiMCU: 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2019
Easybela:
undecided There weddings every Saturday either in your area or somewhere else.
There are women that have about 3 or more suitors,each competing to marry her.
As much as our guys are going outside, other men from outside are equally here.
You are entitled to your opinion though but one thing I know is that these women ain't ready to settle yet,they spend much time working on their outward appearance instead of amending their character and until the later is taken care of,they will all attend shilloh at 35.

I was expecting you to bring this up.

Of course, it's not every guy that'll go outside and true that weddings are still happening every weekend.

Mind you, not every man that disturbs a lady has marriage in mind.

All I'm saying is that don't rule out the OP's statement.

There are many reasons why we have single ladies and the fact that some young guys (Including yours truly) want to leave the shores of this country for a better climate is one of them.

Whenever the word marriage is mentioned, the first question I ask myself is: "What's the future of my kids in this S**thole?"

4 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by bigpriik: 2:48pm On Sep 30, 2019
it's simple maths,marriage is too expensive in Nigeria yet no jobs,no good infrastructure to favour business and all ,yet you will need millions plus loans to secure a good marriage ceremony.
How many Nigerian men between ages 27---30 can boast of 200k in their accounts talkess of marriage ,85% of Nigerian men are broke who will now marry the 80millon women with entitlement mentality everywhere I laugh in Japanese looolzzz its takes grace to find husbands in Nigeria am really happy for my sister's sha...

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by Baller93(m): 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
illitrate:

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by seniorgozman(m): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2019
You are right
Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2019
People still they marry for this buhari era? undecided

1 Like

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by AntiMCU: 4:04pm On Sep 30, 2019
Godfullsam:

I dont agree with you. Most guys who travel abroard always come back home whenever they are ready for marriage.

The fact that most guys want to leave this shithote to a saner country is not a mojor reason why most ladies dont find it easy to get husband in nigeria.

The reason lies within the ladies and not the economy
Most guys who travel abroad come back home when they're ready to marry?

Not entirely true.

1 Like

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by Pharaoh4rin(m): 4:51pm On Sep 30, 2019
One of d reasons I find out is: the responsibility in marriage such as accommodation, feeding, clothing, health care, omugwo etc is so scary coupled with multiple taxation that threatens one's Business this days. It's crazy

3 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by Babaalata: 4:53pm On Sep 30, 2019
@NiRfreak, you're right about that. Another reason is the number of dependent ladies we have these days, they depend on you for almost everything. It's tiring.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by NiRfreak(m): 6:05pm On Sep 30, 2019
Pharaoh4rin:
One of d reasons I find out is: the responsibility in marriage such as accommodation, feeding, clothing, health care, omugwo etc is so scary coupled with multiple taxation that threatens one's Business this days. It's crazy

Economy is bad, so most guys are saving to leave this country, unlike when guys will save to get married.

2 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 30, 2019
So true! No one wants to stay in this shithole, and guys are beginning to realize the negative effect of early marriage. Gone are those days you can get married and hustle together, these days most ladies are after ready made men so why the rush? I hope ladies realize this, fend and dream bigger too. No one wants to be tied down!

4 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by Island01: 6:38pm On Sep 30, 2019
So many women in this country but very few wife material out there.... we have more of girlfriends than wives

3 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by NiRfreak(m): 7:05pm On Sep 30, 2019
AntiMCU:

I was expecting you to bring this up.

Of course, it's not every guy that'll go outside and true that weddings are still happening every weekend.

Mind you, not every man that disturbs a lady has marriage in mind.

All I'm saying is that don't rule out the OP's statement.

There are many reasons why we have single ladies and the fact that some young guys (Including yours truly) want to leave the shores of this country for a better climate is one of them.

Whenever the word marriage is mentioned, the first question I ask myself is: "What's the future of my kids in this S**thole?"

Honestly when u look at what you're passing through, and the hopeless state of the nation, coupled with the mass stupidity of Nigerians, u will think twice to bring a kid into this shithole

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by ImaIma1(f): 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2019
NiRfreak:

Yet two male friends and a male colleague got married just this past Saturday. Nigerian guys and they married Nigerian ladies.

Seems some of you guys here are not living in the real world..

3 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by AntiMCU: 8:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
NiRfreak:

Honestly when u look at what you're passing through, and the hopeless state of the nation, coupled with the mass stupidity of Nigerians, u will think twice to bring a kid into this shithole
If you know, you know.

1 Like

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by AntiMCU: 8:41pm On Sep 30, 2019
ImaIma1:

Yet two male friends and a male colleague got married just this past Saturday. Nigerian guys and they married Nigerian ladies.

The OP is not contesting that.

Of course people get married every Saturday.

But you also know that there's an increasing number of guys within marriageable age that wants to bail out.

Right now, the figure might be insignificant.

Doesn't mean we should rule it out.

The economy is at its "best": the last thing on the mind of any upcoming sane dude is marriage.

4 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by harry2sexy(m): 8:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
NiRfreak:

Economy is bad, so most guys are saving to leave this country, unlike when guys will save to get married.
That's not even the best part, the country is now so indebted that the government that is suppose to provide for its citizens is now taking illegal taxes from the citizens through VATs and someone is telling me to add another entire human being to my expenses all in the name of marriage?

Love na food? I'm praying and working every second to leave Nigeria for life, cremate me than bring my dead body back

5 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by genq(m): 8:52pm On Sep 30, 2019
NiRfreak:

Yes, that's the truth. It's a reason many guys aren't planning to marry because they set their eyes on crossing the frontiers of this wretched country into a more sane country, so they feel there's no point in forming a serious marriage oriented relationship because the goal is to jet out.

I must admit that up until very recently, I was a strong advocate for Nigeria but I finally give up - Nigeria is done for!

I must leave this sh!th0le.

Sidenote: the idi0t under me called pocohantas only commented on this thread because she saw me comment. How do I know this? because she and her minions have made it a perpetual habit of doing so (just visit any thread in the family section). Moreso, as you can see, her numerous rants on this thread shows an individual who clearly lacks common sense and foresight. Any opportunity to insult guys ey? Because no one wants you? Frustration won't kill you girl wink

13 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 9:06pm On Sep 30, 2019
ImaIma1:

They live in Romance section.

Guys in Nigeria want to bail out- fine.

So, the same Naija guys who are broke and ladies are advised to drop their gold-digging to build with them. Are suddenly the same men that have millions to travel abroad- hence the high number single ladies. Wonderful.

What of the numerous guys abroad that will come home this Xmas to pick wives?
Does that balance the equation?

People wey wan marry go marry.

3 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by NiRfreak(m): 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2019
pocohantas:

So, the same Naija guys who are broke and ladies are advised to drop their gold-digging to build with them. Are suddenly the same men that have millions to travel abroad- hence the high single ladies. Wonderful.

Instead of directing your anger at the bad economy, you are blaming guys. Most guys will be more serious with relationship if the economy and take home pay were favourable enough to cater for livelihood. This is a fact

5 Likes

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by AntiMCU: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2019
pocohantas:

So, the same Naija guys who are broke and ladies are advised to drop their gold-digging to build with them. Are suddenly the same men that have millions to travel abroad- hence the high single ladies. Wonderful.

Second wives you mean?

1 Like

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2019
NiRfreak:

Instead of directing your anger at the bad economy, you are blaming guys. Most guys will be more serious with relationship if the economy and take home pay were favourable enough to cater for livelihood. This is a fact

You have a problem reading or what?

Which part of my post blamed guys?
Abeg, I no get time to argue with man.

AntiMCU:

Second wives you mean?

Not every guy abroad is married to a grave.

1 Like

Re: An Unpopular Reason Why Women Can't Find Husbands In Nigeria by AntiMCU: 9:28pm On Sep 30, 2019
pocohantas:

You have a problem reading or what?

Which part of my post blamed guys?
Abeg, I no get time to argue with man.

Not every guy abroad is married to a grave.
So you think 9ja guys aren't capable of hooking up with hotties abroad?
Stop being narrow-minded
Most that come home are coming for wife No 2

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Instablog Just Posted About The Issue With Jim Iyke (pics). / Since I Bought A Car My Girlfriend Wants Me To Drive Her Everywhere / Farting In The Presence Of Your Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.