Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,301 members, 7,829,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) (30396 Views)

The Automated Coscharis Rice Mill, Igbariam, Anambra State (Photos) / Coscharis Adds More Monster Commercial Rice Harvesters In Anambra- Pictures / Coscharis Is Developing Infrastructures For Dry Season Farming In Anambra- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Incandescent(m): 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
ornicus:
We no gree.make them open border.this fake rubbish rice cannot feed Nigeria.say yes to benin rice. Say yes to importation.say yes to money for smugglers. Say no to internal industry and self sufficiency

Many are mad but few are roaming
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
bestman09:
cheesy
Waoooo! God bless Anambra state. I thought it is only Abakaliki that produces rice in commercial quantity in the east, not knowing that even Amichi have a big rice mill. I pray that the tempo will be sustained.
What stops a farmer in Ebonyi to go sell his grains to a mill in ANAMBRA?
Or you think the millers must own the farm?

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Premiumwriter: 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2019
Logobenz:
Nope,you are the mistake.A stupid one at that.
No wonder you blog for nairaland.who does that?
undecided
Ah come on

I'm sure your mama still look at you and wonder "how the hell did I make this mistake?"
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2019
So these people will not open seme border so that my rice can come in. They only want the rich to get richer. I am never going to send money home for any nigerian based business again, I will only send or rather let my boys go to South Sudan I heard there is a big business opportunity that's if they can. These useless government that claims to be for the poor should just open the border for December so that my people can sell those goods and return my money. They only want the billionaires to transform to dollar multimillionaire. Useless country and leaders.
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2019
ornicus:
We no gree.make them open border.this fake rubbish rice cannot feed Nigeria.say yes to benin rice. Say yes to importation.say yes to money for smugglers. Say no to internal industry and self sufficiency
And What happens to export?
Or don't you know Nigeria is a major industrial hub that supplies all countries around it?
Trust me,the pressure is building up already and the borders will open soon.
Sales are dropping for companies like wamco,Guinness and co and when they default in taxes and start laying off workers,aso rock will comply.
And oh,border closure has little or nothing to do with smugglers ok?they never used those borders in the first place!
So only the small timers are affected,not the big guns!
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Sylraph1: 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2019
Wow

Am proud of my state
Proudly ANAMBRARIAN....
EZIGBO NWAFO ABAGANA

Wondering when Abia state will wake up

I pray God Will give them the same leaders he has been giving NDI ANAMBRA.....not the likes of CRIMINALS LIKE ORJI KALU,T A ORJI,OKEZIE IKPEAZU AND CO.
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 02, 2019
Logobenz:
And What happens to export?
Or don't you know Nigeria is a major industrial hub that supplies all countries around it?
Trust me,the pressure is building up already and the borders will open soon.
Sales are dropping for companies like wamco,Guinness and co and when they default in taxes and start laying off workers,aso rock will comply.
And oh,border closure has little or nothing to do with smugglers ok?they never used those borders in the first place!
So only the small timers are affected,not the big guns!

I knew my man logobenz would be here as a full throated advocate of 'free market'
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by sizer07: 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2019
Seetto:
Good job from coscharis, that border should be closed forever, we must chop Nigeria rice...

See ever since I stated eating local rice I detest all those foreign rice, Nigeria rice is the best.if you cook it, it will stay afresh for at list a day in the pot without melting .try that with local rice and you will see the differents, not only that, the Nutritious values of local rice alone will spur. This rice production is the best thing that has hapun in Nigeria. I support that boarder closure too big time.let grow and eat our food period then export the excess. Enough of food imports, most especially rice. Enough

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2019
ornicus:

I knew my man logobenz would be here as a full throated advocate of 'free market'
lol.
I have no issues with import through land borders,let them just open those borders for outflow and block inflow till further notice.
It is bad.I wish I could show you around so you see for yourself.
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by okeyumez(m): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2019
Abia is moving backward
VAQAXY:
Anambra is moving forward.

Lalasticlala
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Staro: 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
Cool
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by CanadaOrBust: 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2019
JayPeeOham:
Nothing pains me like when they refer to Nigerian products as "LOCALLY MADE/PRODUCED"; It makes the products look fake and sub-standard.

If you ask me I think they should be referred to as "NIGERIAN MADE"(for lack of a better word, pls help if you can think of a more appealing word) and leave it at that, instead of the Local nonsense!!!....mtchhheewwwww!!

Nice one from Coscharis and more grease to their elbow!!! wink

One more thing, I hope the employment into this factory will be base on merit and not ethnicity or tribalism or "Man-know-Man"? tongue

I suggest “Aba made”
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Tareq1105: 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
East or Nigeria will be self sufficient

kettykin:
i think this is the right way to go , turn all the forest in the East to rice , palm , cassava , yam farms with processing factories employing thousands strategically located at the farms , The east will be self sufficient . and cost of food will be low.
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Osanoghodua1: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2019
God bless these Men, Amen. I wish this can be replicated in Edo, or is any rice project going on in Edo Centra?
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2019
Tumbulum:
When will abia wake up from their deep sleep.
Make research before you comment please.
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by guru90: 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
THIS IS LOVELY AND GREAT.
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
Sheriman:
Mantainance Culture nko and Sustainability ?
It's owned by a private company. Private companies are after profit, so they will manage their investment well unlike the government which is no man's business.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by guru90: 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
okeyumez:
Abia is moving backward

SUPPORTED BROTHER..

NO SINGLE GOOD NETWORK ROADS IN ABIA.......

WHICH PARTY WILL DELIVER ABIA FROM BAD ROADS!!!
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by RTSC2: 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
Otunbascotty:
So these people will not open seme border so that my rice can come in. They only want the rich to get richer. I am never going to send money home for any nigerian based business again, I will only send or rather let my boys go to South Sudan I heard there is a big business opportunity that's if they can. These useless government that claims to be for the poor should just open the border for December so that my people can sell those goods and return my money. They only want the billionaires to transform to dollar multimillionaire. Useless country and leaders.
Think of the thousands that would get employed and earn a living from the rice mills.

Forget about the billionaires.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
A very good initiative. The most important thing is price. One way to encourage consumption of locally made products is by reducing the price. If it's cheaper than the imported rice, we will see no need to import rice.
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
Otunbascotty:
there are other routes.
Go to benin republic yourself and take the risk!
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2019
imdo:
A very good initiative. The most important thing is price. One way to encourage consumption of locally made products is by reducing the price. If it's cheaper than the imported rice, we will see no need to import rice.
How do they now "reduce price" to be cheaper than imported ones?
Ever heard of the word capacity?
The more you produce,the cheaper it becomes and it can't happen overnight.
Coscharis is just one mill ffs and it can't do shit as far as pricing is concerned.
The only way is to control import for now,but it has to be done with sense!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by bizzibodi(m): 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2019
Buhari rice revolution is working.
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Charly68: 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2019
OK now ,the Govt policy is paying up...God bless Choscaris , God bless the federal Govt of Nigeria
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by JayPeeOham: 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

I suggest “Aba made”

Not all the Made in Nigeria goods/products are made in Aba na!...lol shocked grin cheesy
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by JayPeeOham: 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2019
iaamxavier:

It's not everybody that has a myopic way of reasoning as you do. Referring it to Nigeria made doesn't stop it from being locally made.
It is locally made doesn't mean the rice is local

Next time I advise u pls try and understand a comment before quoting and replying out of point. SMH undecided

Keep shooting yourself in the leg!!! grin
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Empredboy(m): 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2019
Seetto:
Good job from coscharis, that border should be closed forever, we must chop Nigeria rice...
so its only rice that comes through the border? What should those who export to Togo, Mali, Burkina Faso etc do? Abi those who import from Ghana and co do?
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2019
Empredboy:
so its only rice that comes through the border? What should those who export to Togo, Mali, Burkina Faso etc do? Abi those who import from Ghana and co do?
It will open in some weeks,jist watch.
Private sector is lodging the complaints already and threatening to default taxes and lay off workers.
We still win cool
Inside info as usual wink
https://www.nairaland.com/5448660/president-buhari-appoints-george-moghalu#82768584
I talk am na,why is he changing NIWA boss?
Borders about to be open guys.
Show no mercy! grin grin grin
Cc otunbascotty
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by meccuno: 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2019
Thank God he did not use his picture on the bag of rice.
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by mechanics(m): 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2019
It means as a farmer I can take my rice there to be milled.
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2019
RTSC2:

Think of the thousands that would get employed and earn a living from the rice mills.

Forget about the billionaires.
Think about the people my business employ back home too. Think about my extended family who run the business on my behalf. You are still thinking about the billionaires who merely pay these people minimum wage. People like me pay more.
Re: Obiano Commissions Coscharis Rice Mill Today (Photos) by RICHOLAC(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2019
majamajic:

sorry what is Abia so blessed of ?
Unarguably Abia is one the states with oil wells, Palm oil produce, Rice etc to mention but few, i hate engaging in baseless arguement abeg.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Ever Seen Some Days Old Snail Before? / Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG / Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.