Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

The Ugly Woman's Burden - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Ugly Woman's Burden (4670 Views)

Am I The World's Most Ugly Woman? / What Makes A Very Ugly Woman So Irresistible To A Handsome Man? / Should An Ugly Man Marry An Ugly Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by 9japride(m): 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2010
Every girl has a soulmate no matter how ugly they may look.
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by 190: 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2010
^^word!! grin
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by aca77: 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2010
mamaken:

it's not as bad as you describe it.

even ugly ones, can find their luck.
and BTW, we all know that beauty is in the eye of . . . .

They often need a great deal of luck to find their luck. And yes beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. But that's beauty; all-round physical ugliness can't lie in anyone's eyes cos no one would believe it. So it it condemned to telling the, well, ugly truth.

Creamish:

. . . . in addition . . . . . most white men in naija have dem as wives . . . so . . . . i cant say it's ill-luck for dem. their kids still get to look cute.

Most? You must know an awful lot of white men in naija. But have you checked out the 'ugly' women they marry? I reckon a lot of them have typical African big butts, curves, hips or bosoms. And any woman blessed with these, irrespective of whether her face looks like a dump site, IS NOT ugly 'cos randy men would be on her case 24/7.

tpia@:

98% of the ugly women of marriageable age who I know, are married.

so what's the op's point again.

and quite a few randy men married to or dating beauty queens, cheat on them with ugly women.

abeg get a life @ poster.

you must be dreaming.

and beauty is relative anyway.

Well maybe a disproportionately great deal of luck runs in circle of the many ugly women you know. You may as such have little to worry about.

And as for cheating on "beauty queens" with "ugly women", it depends on your interpretation. If by the former you mean Agbani Darego (for instance) and by the latter you mean Mercy Johnson (for instance) then I also know a great deal of men who would cheat on "beauty queens" with "ugly women".

So I must clarify that ugliness isn't just about the face. A fine face with zero curves/flat bosoms/flat backside passes, just as a great body with a face that looks like a crime-scene also passes. Ugliness therefore means zero all thru - with no redeeming physical attractiveness.
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by MsPotato(f): 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2010
Theres no such thing as being ugly. Its all about whether if you know how to take care of yourself or not. Thats it.
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by Omolola1(f): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2010
word!
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by Creamish(f): 5:07pm On Nov 04, 2010
aca77:

They often need a great deal of luck to find their luck. And yes beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. But that's beauty; all-round physical ugliness can't lie in anyone's eyes cos no one would believe it. So it it condemned to telling the, well, ugly truth.

Most? You must know an awful lot of white men in naija. But have you checked out the 'ugly' women they marry? I reckon a lot of them have typical African big butts, curves, hips or bosoms. And any woman blessed with these, irrespective of whether her face looks like a dump site, IS NOT ugly 'cos randy men would be on her case 24/7.
Creamish link=topic=545226.msg7076847#msg7076847 date=1288869212:

yup . . i know . . .as long as d chance is there . . therez hope. grin

point of attractionz d shape i guess . . but iv seen alot of dem. . .either married, or dating or watever else they choose to call it undecided

same statement  . . different tongues.

190:

i 190 there by declear tomorrow 5th november 2010

Ugly woman's day

all nairaland men should ask all ugly women out tomorrow starting from mrseve

pick an ugly woman ask her out and get a free xmas Trojan condom

190:

make who pick u!! undecided angry angry

just preparing myself for the ugly-women's day 2mrw . . . like u proposed.  tongue
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by 190: 5:14pm On Nov 04, 2010
^^

Ohh ure welcome

so will u agree 2 be my date 2morw ugly womens day so i can get a free condom (xmas gift)
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by harakiri(m): 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2010
tpia@:

98% of the ugly women of marriageable age who I know, are married.

so what's the op's point again.

and quite a few randy men married to or dating beauty queens, cheat on them with ugly women.

abeg get a life @ poster.

you must be dreaming.

and beauty is relative anyway.

For the first time, i concur with tpia. The beautiful women who are lucky to land the man of the dreams are a handful.Most times, it's the so called "ugly" girls you see at the back of the BMW 745li every Saturday with the "JUST WEDDED" sign on the number plate.

Very funny.

lol
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by Creamish(f): 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2010
190:

^^

Ohh ure welcome

so will u agree 2 be my date 2morw ugly womens day so i can get a free condom (xmas gift)

. .naaa . . im preparing my jazz for another fortunate dude . . . grin
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by 190: 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2010
^^

jaybee again

OOheee!!
angry angry undecided undecided
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by koolchicco: 5:55pm On Nov 04, 2010
''Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder''? Yeah right, but I do not do ugly women. FACT!! tongue
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by pewekac: 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2010
Chris Rock's Down To Earth Script - Dialogue Transcript

, So, what is it all about? Looks? Looks will determine everýthing.
You want people to judge you by the character, what you feel inside.
Nobody cares. All they care about is your looks.
If you look good, you're going to have a good life.
The uglier you are, the smarter you'd better be.
You need a book for every ten pounds you're overweight.
Or you'd better get two books, and get a computer while you're at it!,

word!!! grin
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by tpia5: 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2010
aca77:

Well maybe a disproportionately great deal of luck runs in circle of the many ugly women you know. You may as such have little to worry about.

And as for cheating on "beauty queens" with "ugly women", it depends on your interpretation. If by the former you mean Agbani Darego (for instance) and by the latter you mean Mercy Johnson (for instance) then I also know a great deal of men who would cheat on "beauty queens" with "ugly women".

So I must clarify that ugliness isn't just about the face. A fine face with zero curves/flat bosoms/flat backside passes, just as a great body with a face that looks like a crime-scene also passes. Ugliness therefore means zero all thru - with no redeeming physical attractiveness.

theory of relativity applies.

what is attractive to you may be ugly to someone else, and vice versa.
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by MrsEve: 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2010
Cork-Mr:

MrsEve , errmm correction!!!  Your husband marryed u just to get his papers!!! wink

Dont lie!!! angry

Mr cock,

Why would A CITIZEN need papers? Is that what you trying to do with that BLOATED FAT PRECIOUS looking white chick in Liverpool? 

Just because YOU DO THAT doesn't mean all Nigerian men do it, THEN again that HOW MOBO and Furry Azz got to London, NEVER MIND, I digress,  cheesy
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by MrsEve: 7:12pm On Nov 04, 2010
All UGLY WOMEN let unite! grin grin grin grin
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by chic2pimp(m): 7:24pm On Nov 04, 2010
Ms. Potato:

Theres no such thing as being ugly. Its all about whether if you know how to take care of yourself or not. Thats it.

FAT LIE. Oya Repeat after me 'BIG FAT LIE'.
Let's not kid ourselves here oooooo.
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by livedit(f): 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2010
My goodness. Ugly, according to who? Not all people would find the same person to be "ugly". That's not true at all. I really don't think this "ugly" person don't have a mate is because he/she's "ugly". I think his/her self esteem outlook of her/himself of thinking that low of him/herself is why they haven't attracted anyone. No one wants an insecure partner. Just because some people may not find you attractive don't make you completely "unattractive". Everyone is different and like different qualities about a person. "Looks" shouldn't be the sole purpose of wanting a relationship with someone. Looks will fade and then what you have left? There are many women/men that are attractive but are so "ugly" inside that it protrudes on the outside and makes them ugly. It's all about how you feel about yourself. YOU have to feel and think you are the stuff. I feel, you can always find some kind of asset about yourself that you can build on. But walking around pitying yourself and thinking you are ugly and don't deserve or will get anyone is not the way to go. You will continue to be in that same predicament.
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by sexylogan(m): 8:57pm On Nov 04, 2010
livedit:

My goodness. Ugly, according to who? Not all people would find the same person to be "ugly". That's not true at all. I really don't think this "ugly" person don't have a mate is because he/she's "ugly". I think his/her self esteem outlook of her/himself of thinking that low of him/herself is why they haven't attracted anyone. No one wants an insecure partner. Just because some people may not find you attractive don't make you completely "unattractive". Everyone is different and like different qualities about a person. "Looks" shouldn't be the sole purpose of wanting a relationship with someone. Looks will fade and then what you have left? There are many women/men that are attractive but are so "ugly" inside that it protrudes on the outside and makes them ugly. It's all about how you feel about yourself. YOU have to feel and think you are the stuff. I feel, you can always find some kind of asset about yourself that you can build on. But walking around pitying yourself and thinking you are ugly and don't deserve or will get anyone is not the way to go. You will continue to be in that same predicament.
100 % correct. The Nigerian slang for high self esteem and 'game' is 'Swagger'. Anyone who's feeling ugly and worthles shud think again. I know a lot of 'ugly' guys that hav dated and dumped the finest chics so there is more to it than wat a persons face looks like. Funny thread.
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by MsPotato(f): 11:51pm On Nov 04, 2010
chic2pimp:

FAT LIE. Oya Repeat after me 'BIG FAT LIE'.
Let's not kid ourselves here oooooo.

May I make myself clear. If a person dos not take care of himself / herself, Im sure that prson will look ugly. Example, h/sh dont ensure his/her hair is in order, got black teeth crooked teeth, have lots of acne. . . All these is due to poor personal hygiene and lack of care for one self.

And another reason is as quoted below

livedit:

Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by safarigirl(f): 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
Ugliness and beauty is of the mind, true dat, but ugly guys have it easier dan ugly gals especially with swags, most ugly girls are ridiculed most of dia lives especially by ugly guys funny enuf, it's lyk a social stigma, especially in naija. It's unfair!
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by MrCork26: 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2010
bro, aint nigerian womens supose to be ugly?, just look at Weird MC or Miss Elliot!! angry
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by MsPotato(f): 1:35am On Nov 06, 2010
WOW! Missy Elliot is Nigerian? Awwwww. . . She is sooo preety! kiss
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by MrsEve: 1:37am On Nov 06, 2010
Missy Elliot is not Nigerian,
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by MsPotato(f): 1:37am On Nov 06, 2010
Than why did Mrs Cork say that?
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by MrsEve: 1:38am On Nov 06, 2010
Consider the source sweety, CONSIDER THE SOURCE, you said the KEY WORD: MR COCK,
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by MsPotato(f): 1:40am On Nov 06, 2010
Oops! Silly me! I forggoten about "Mr. Cock Cork" grin
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by Skidoc(m): 2:07am On Nov 06, 2010
Ugly women get married everyday! Infact they even get married before the pretty ones.
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by Dahbutter(m): 8:50am On Nov 06, 2010
Skidoc:

Ugly women get married everyday! Infact they even get married before the pretty ones.
[/quote
Good for them, just out of curiousity are u married to or dating one grin
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by aca77: 9:04am On Nov 06, 2010
Dahbutter:

Good for them, just out of curiousity
are u married to or dating one
Lol. Very cynical question indeed. Guess it's mostly 'others' or 'someone I know' that is married to or dating one.
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by Dyt(f): 9:11am On Nov 06, 2010
does being ugly has 2 do wit women alone?
Y nt check urselves out
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by Coolabbie: 9:16am On Nov 06, 2010
Dyt:

does being ugly has 2 do wit women alone?
Y nt check urselves out
u got dat spot on. Unfortunately there is a saying dat a man is neva ugly.
Re: The Ugly Woman's Burden by Skidoc(m): 2:43pm On Nov 06, 2010
Dahbutter:

Good for them, just out of curiousity are u married to or dating one

No I'm not married to or dating an ugly woman. But I know that is the fact.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If One of These Triplets Was To Be Your Wife, How Would Recognize Her? / Meet Friends and Mingle / Meet The Hot Dark Lady Who Flaunts Her Huge Boobs On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.