Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money (36947 Views)

When You Ask A China Lady Her Mobile Number And You Get These (PIC) / Why Single Girls Are Turning You Down When You Ask Them Out / The Right Time To Ask My Boyfriend For Rent Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by jaybee3(m): 12:21pm On Nov 05, 2010
Wislet:

she igbo aight?
U be winch lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by Yorisb: 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2010
jay bee:

I know a girl that will happily give me everything but never collects anything from me even though i've pestered her time and time again lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Maybe it's got something to do with culture sha cool cool cool

I agree plus good upbringing/home training. My sisters would never collect from any man; infact they'd rather steal from me and give to their Fiancé/BFs. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by patwhizkid(f): 12:29pm On Nov 05, 2010
@ topic

everyday
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by MissyB3(f): 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2010
Yorisb:

[/b]

I agree plus good upbringing/home training. My sisters would never collect from any man; infact they'd rather steal from me and give to their Fiancé/BFs. cheesy
Now, that's foolishness, which is also not a nice thing.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by MsPotato(f): 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2010
Wislet:

*poos on his head*

LMAO! I hope its a diarrhoea~! grin
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by Yorisb: 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2010
Missy ★ B:

Now, that's foolishness, which is not also a nice thing.

You're right, though I was only emphasising 2 the fact they would never collect from a man. cool
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by hasyak(m): 12:58pm On Nov 05, 2010
really surprise that most of the ladies here are say they dont ask, then i most be in a different 9ja world , cos 80% the ladies i know are always asking, am talking of the workers here and the sad part is i dont have anything with them. then talk of the once that are not working, i dont have words to say about them. but it really bad, by the time you say hi to a lady the next thing is an unnecessary demand.
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by Wislet(f): 1:11pm On Nov 05, 2010
jay bee:

U be winch lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Lol!! Maybe. Start running! . . . Igbo girls generally hav pride, & re industrious.
Ms. Potato:

LMAO! I hope its a diarrhoea~! grin
Ha ha ha ha! He can't see himself now.
hasyak:

really surprise that most of the ladies here are say they dont ask, then i most be in a different 9ja world , cos 80% the ladies i know are always asking, am talking of the workers here and the sad part is i dont have anything with them. then talk of the once that are not working, i dont have words to say about them. but it really bad, by the time you say hi to a lady the next thing is an unnecessary demand.
there are exceptions to every case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by Omolola1(f): 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
As often as possible
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by hasyak(m): 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2010
Omolola1:

As often as possible

Thanks for being very honest
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 05, 2010
I'd be errrr. . . .worried, jealous if she doesn't ask me

Just like most guys, I like my ego massaged sometimes. So asking me for the odd wad (which she obviously has) is perfectly in order.
And if she doesn't ask, i'll slip some money in her bag or something.
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by Omolola1(f): 1:41pm On Nov 05, 2010
@hasyak, No long thing
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 05, 2010
You imply that the rship is serious and she is a good gal.It has something to do with culture most ladies born and bred in naija expect their men to take care of them whether they working or not.i sincerely dnt see what is wrong with that its a man"s world so do your part without becoming a fool.when i say without becoming a fool u need to tell her when her demands hurt your pocket or when you cant afford it no matter the fight that may happen.Thats what makes you a man you take the lead and control of the situation without becomin a stingy man.

Its all about balance.also on this forum you must understand that some ladies dnt live in this country so what obtains there is different besides which i cant see nothing wrong with a man taking care of his woman financially,physically,emotionally e.t.c its what differentiates a man and a real man and i cant see any woman who will not be happy with a real man.
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by 9icest: 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2010
Its a shame that this is a black women thing. My 2 ex girlfriend down here are natives of the country and it was quite amazing, even when we go out, they insist we split the bills. Thats what proper education teaches you: to be responsible for your own life and not just dump it on someone else.
But the current Nija girl I started dating is already telling me about some sh***t she needs money for and everyday I keep hearing about how hard things are for her and her family. Whats with black women! angry
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by MrCork26: 2:58pm On Nov 05, 2010
Nigerian womens never spit the bill, the spit your bank account,

actualy, she spent my last £35 two week ago angry (no oofeinse)
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by madlady(f): 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2010
9icest:

Its a shame that this is a black women thing. My 2 ex girlfriend down here are natives of the country and it was quite amazing, even when we go out, they insist we split the bills. Thats what proper education teaches you: to be responsible for your own life and not just dump it on someone else.
But the current Nija girl I started dating is already telling me about some sh***t she needs money for and everyday I keep hearing about how hard things are for her and her family. Whats with black women! angry

Most black women  would rather go  without than leech of their bf.
Nigeran women are some the hardest working women here in the UK, they do that to assist their husbands and family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by Pennywise(m): 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2010
9icest:

I have often read abt our brothers in the diaspora splitting outing bills when they go out on date with babes. As a Nigerian who grew up and has lived all his life in naija this is entirely strange. I cant pretend to be rich/wealthy b/c I am not. But it is entirely out of xcter for a Nigerian male and p'wise will never do it.

To start with the idea undermines the concept of togetherness that an outing suggest. It portrays the guy as s/one who is selfish and cannot be in charge. Infact, it is un-Nigerian. Diasporans if you dont have money to take a girl out go borrow or banish the thought. Stop falling our hand. Must you take take a girl out?
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by Yorisb: 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2010
9icest:

Now u know where to place your card on. . .

Mr~Cork:

Nigerian womens never spit the bill, the spit your bank account,

actualy, she spent my last £35 two week ago angry (no oofeinse)

So you're still going about this £35? lol
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by jaybee3(m): 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2010
@Pennywise
What if shez the one taking u out?
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by Pennywise(m): 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2010
jay bee:

@Pennywise
What if shez the one taking u out?

Sori. I am not the kind of guy a girl takes out

The next thing u will say is -this guy has issues. Yes I do
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by 190: 3:23pm On Nov 05, 2010
she asks me for £20 every 20mins

what should i do,

im helpless cos of punny!!
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by jaybee3(m): 3:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
Pennywise:

Sori. I am not the kind of guy a girl takes out

The next thing u will say is -this guy has issues. Yes I do
CASE CLOSED
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by Pennywise(m): 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2010
190:

she asks me for £20 every 20mins

what should i do,

im helpless cos of punny!!

U fukc every 20 mins? Damn. Lucky you.
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by 190: 3:29pm On Nov 05, 2010
so jaybee even dey here,

2day is friday he would soon carry gun go hunt for animal women  grin grin
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by 190: 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2010
Pennywise:

U fukc every 20 mins? Damn. Lucky you.

yes i do, i wanna reduce it to 7mins!!

[s]i dont know if odunnu mite be intrested for £100 for each 7mins round!![/s]
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by Pennywise(m): 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2010
190:

yes i do, i wanna reduce it to 7mins!!

i dont know if odunnu mite be intrested for £100 for each 7mins round!!

Odunnu too much for you. Dont worry we will get you a gf you can knack every 2 mins without paying a dime
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by 190: 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2010
^^
so where is she,

i prefer my odunnu even if she married 2 a harlem of men!!
cry cry
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by afrobaby(f): 4:28pm On Nov 05, 2010
@poster, I will like to b sincere as I can
This is a virtual community where anybody can post anything. Most ladies that tells u dey do not ask money from dia bf are either dating a guy that are less financially stable or they are lying or they do not have a boyfriend , also most guys that will come here and b braging that they dont take shit usually do it, it is all a make believe. If she asks u for money, especially when u guys are really close, hope u undertsand, she sees it as ur responsibility to meet her needs, even if her parents are wealthy, now she sees herself as a big lady who has a boyfriend and her ego will not want her to ask from her parents again.
Many ladies don't ask for money from their men because they have so many and know that at least one will voluntarily give without asking

Do I ask money from my fiance?Yes
How often? Whenever a pressing need arises
Does he give me money? Yes
How often? As soon as he sees I need something
Do I give him money ? yes
How often,?whenever he is damn broke and I dont want him to withdraw from his account

So my friend, it is a give and take affair, relationship is all about give and take, dat is why the lady is referred to as the help meet.
When next she ask u for money, be genuine, ask what she needs the money for, if it is not a pressing need, then tell her she shud hold on a bit cos u have someother things to do with the money u have, possibly tell her what u want to do with the money,
Ladies, we dont like our men keeping anything from us, ANYTHING I REPEAT, knowing everything about our man gives us a sense of ownership, like this is my man and I am his lady
Sit her down and iron things out, and let ur love continues
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by hasyak(m): 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2010
^^^^ +7.5
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by star4(f): 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2010
@ topic, Never!!
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by Yorisb: 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2010
^^Good Girl! wink
Re: Ladies, How Often Do You Ask Your Boyfriend for Money by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2010
at afrobaby, u just made my day. thank you for ur point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Prostitute Make A Good Wife? / I'm In Love With An Older Woman / I Thought Hubby Forgot It Was Valentine's Day Then Delivery Arrived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.