Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,448 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:09 AM

Whale In Lagos(with Pics) - Food (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Whale In Lagos(with Pics) (63809 Views)

Whale Found @ Agaja Beach, Bonny Island, Rivers State, Nigeria / Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup / Lol:food-hungry Lagosians Hack On Dead, Smelly Whale - Food Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Solozzo(m): 3:03pm On Nov 08, 2010
@Oyinda

How can scientist answer the question of what made the whales to turn up on our beaches or to die when scavengers have already eaten it up. Of course they cannot work without the cadavar of the dead whalees, and that is an important reason for us not to eat it; we do not kno wthe chemical or biological poisons invloved in teh death of the whale.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by tpia5: 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2010
^^if you bothered looking it up, you'd find out possible causes of death for a beached whale.

if you can access the internet surely you can also access google?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2010
@buzeegee and omo-tier1.

I have been following the spats between two of you and l must add that TOW OF YOU ARE GOOD MEN, two of you are striking at the 'SAME THING" but from different perspective!
Both of you want a better Nigeria!
One thinks we should copy good things from "abroad".
The other feels we can be good without copying anyone and that "oyinbo" has nothing to offer us.

Well, l appreciate people like you two, because you have the interest and dignity of your country-men at heart.

On a sober mood, WE CANNOT COPY ANY COUNTRY, WHOLESALE!
Every country has its own dark under-belly.
We then must be "smart like the Chineese", COPY ANYTHING GOOD FROM ANYONE Grin

For example, on this whale issue, there are pictures already on the U-Tube depicting Nigerians as cannibals.
I have posted a comparison below, one in Nigeria, one from Ireland.
Both occurred on the same day, its the same type of whale that were "beached". Haaba Huh

In one scenario, some were rescued, after it became a "tourist attraction", and thirty died among them but NONE was EATEN!
In our own scenario, only ONE WHALE was beached, that one was butchered and eaten!

I remember in 2004 or thereabout, the same event happened at one of those beaches in V/I and l left my office to have a look (Never seen a "life" Whale before then). By the time we got there, it was "butcher-fest"! All manner of dangerous weapons were used to scatter the Whale!

The questions that arise are:
**Is that the right thing to do?
**Can eating such animal not be dangerous to the health of the scavengers?
**Does "poverty and hunger", have anything to do with such ravenous scavenging?
Does such image portray us as "evolution-nized" beyond the impression that our haters want to paint about us?

We need to reflect on these things without being sentimental.
We are a great nation, a great people but to truly ascend to our greatness, we need to look ourselves in the face and tell ourselves the truth.

LET US COPY FROM OTHERS (OYINBO OR ANYONE) WHAT IS GOOD AMONGST THEM WHILE WE AVOID THE BAD THINGS THAT THEY DO.

That cant be too difficult to understand, cant it?

Instead of directing valuable energy at each others throat (and we all do this occassionally! Grin )
lets spare it and use it constructively, together, an amalgamation of the"nationalist and the enlightened": Thats what l call "winning team"!
Now Jonathan is in trouble!

Guy get the F outta here with your cheap political campaign strategies! Must we politicize everything, What do you mean by [b]Now Jonathan is in trouble! [/b]You sounded super dumb in that part, and to think that i even wasted like 3 good minutes reading your comment, B4 i read that part, I feel sorry 4 you. We are talking of the well being of the people and you come here trolling!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by fASHCEO(m): 5:47pm On Nov 08, 2010
My simple question is, what led these scavengers to take such actions?

Until that question is answered, no one is either right or wrong.

Check out the latest Nokia, Blackberry, Sony Ericsson & many more electronics, simply hit the below link;
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 5:52pm On Nov 08, 2010
^^if you bothered looking it up, you'd find out possible causes of death for a beached whale.

if you can access the internet surely you can also access google? Huh

Brilliant, yet not so brilliant suggestion, The possible / common cause of death, doesn't necessarily translate into the "ACTUAL" cause of death, dont you think? wink
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 5:54pm On Nov 08, 2010

Simple,  Poverty + Ignorance = Dangerous combination

Check out the latest Nokia, Blackberry, Sony Ericsson & many more electronics, simply hit the below link;

Only if you are not clickjacking or cookie stuffing!!!  grin
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by fASHCEO(m): 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2010
phreakabit:

Simple, Poverty + Ignorance = Dangerous combination

Only if you are not clickjacking or cookie stuffing!!!  grin

Nothing like that, just a little reward i get for been a nairalander, lol

Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 6:09pm On Nov 08, 2010
Nothing like that, just a little reward i get for been a nairalander, lol

Using and IP addy rather than a URL,Just looks strange. As there is no way we can scan the IP addy for IFRAMES, IMO, use a URL even if it is a subdomain and we would click
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by tpia5: 6:15pm On Nov 08, 2010
phreakabit:

Brilliant, yet not so brilliant suggestion, The possible / common cause of death, doesn't necessarily translate into the "ACTUAL" cause of death, dont you think? wink

speculation isnt the same as fact, dont you think?

beached whales commonly die of causes which can be found out on the internet.

of course it's much more fun to thow wild conjectures and worst case albeit imaginary scenarios, but since google is free, i dont know why some would rather be allergic to it.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by OmoTier1(m): 6:19pm On Nov 08, 2010
fASH-CEO:

Good question that the dumb Journalist who published the story should have made effort to find out! We can only speculate about the proable reasons but to hook it on poverty is share stupidity more so that the author of the picture doctored it just to put their story across and some dumb wanna be Nigerians are taking it in hook line and sinker!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 08, 2010
@ Everyone claiming "fresh" fish.

Were the founders the ones that killed it?
Or was it dead when they found it? And how long has it been dead?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 6:58pm On Nov 08, 2010
speculation isnt the same as fact, dont you think? Huh

beached whales commonly die of causes which can be found out on the internet.

of course it's much more fun to thow wild conjectures and worst case albeit imaginary scenarios, but since google is free, i dont know why some would rather be allergic to it.

Its apparent my initial statement has you totally handicapped in this matter, and penultimately got you trapped in a psychological maze in a desperate bid to come up with a "worthwhile" explanation or comment RATHER THAN GO IN CIRCLES, AS YOU JUST DID,  Just so you know google is NOT GOD, neither is it a Robot that has answers to everything, its just a pool of resources,knowledge databases and indexed caches of Net-citizens (Netizens) daily activities and comments on the internet.
SCHOOL CLOSED!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by tpia5: 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2010
phreakabit:

Its apparent my initial statement has you totally handicapped in this matter, and penultimately got you trapped in a psychological maze in a desperate bid to come up with a "worthwhile" explanation or comment RATHER THAN GOING IN CIRCLES AS YOU JUST DID, Just so you know google is NOT GOD, neither is it a Robot that has answers to everything, its just a pool or resources,knowledge databases and indexed caches of Net-citizens (Netizens) daily activities and comments on the internet.
SCHOOL CLOSED

doubtless my posts make you feel inadequate and reduce your manhood or womanhood in some way.

however, take a deep breath, take time out to educate yourself instead of going haywire over things wey no concern you, and maybe, just maybe, your low self esteem might see a cure.

i've been waiting for the first trollop who will derail the thread and pick a fight. So clap for yourself.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 7:05pm On Nov 08, 2010
doubtless my posts make you feel inadequate and reduce your manhood or womanhood in some way.

however, take a deep breath, take time out to educate yourself instead of going haywire over things wey no concern you, and maybe, just maybe, your low self esteem might see a cure.

i've been waiting for the first trollop who will derail the thread and pick a fight. So clap for yourself.

You are such a sore looser, I wouldnt be dragged into an argument with an IGNORANT! That's a fact.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by deols(f): 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2010
fASH-CEO:

Nigerians,whether rich or poor like anything and everything free which rules poverty out (but not totally).

Curiosity is something else and a desire to taste something NEW
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 9:43pm On Nov 08, 2010
Nigerians,whether rich or poor like anything and everything free which rules poverty out (but not totally).

Curiosity is something else and a desire to taste something NEW

LOL, Would you be curious to taste it? If 'where opportune to be there?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by invisible2(m): 9:56pm On Nov 08, 2010
phreakabit:

YES! They say the taste is like ram suya and if you fry it, you get a roasted chicken taste. One woman swore to me she will be sleeping at the beach, keeping vigil till another whale washes up. My knifes and axe are sharpened and ready.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by deols(f): 10:19pm On Nov 08, 2010
phreakabit:

I wouldnt av, considering the circumstances of its death. But if it was caught by a net(with a possibility that such net exists) as a fresh whale from the sea, i'd give it a taste and especially find out if its a sea ram or cow. . .
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by deols(f): 10:24pm On Nov 08, 2010
invisible!:

YES! They say the taste is like ram suya and if you fry it, you get a roasted chicken taste. One woman swore to me she will be sleeping at the beach, keeping vigil till another whale washes up. My knifes and axe are sharpened and ready.

you must av bn at the sea then to av heard the woman talk.So tell us what it really tastes like. U cldnt possibly av mssd d opportunity.LOL
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by phreakabit(m): 11:30pm On Nov 08, 2010
you must av bn at the sea then to av heard  the woman talk.So tell us what it really tastes like. U cldnt possibly av mssd d opportunity.LOL

Haha, Invisible , GOD don catch you here. I thought i was the only one, who suspects u!

I wouldnt av, considering the circumstances of its death. But if it was caught by a net(with a possibility that such net exists) as a fresh whale from the sea, i'd give it a taste and especially find out if its a sea ram or cow. . .

I repeat "THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG IN EATING WHALES MEAT" if it was speared by whale hunters (Although, I don't support whale hunting as they are almost extinct), but rottening whale carcas, come on, now?  sad

The emboldened part of the quote shows you like point and kill, wella, LOL
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by deols(f): 11:41pm On Nov 08, 2010
lol smiley wink smiley
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by invisible2(m): 12:00am On Nov 09, 2010
phreakabit:

Haha, Invisible , GOD don catch you here. I thought i was the only one, who suspects u!

I repeat "THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG IN EATING WHALES MEAT" if it was speared by whale hunters (Although, I don't support whale hunting as they are almost extinct), but rottening whale carcas, come on, now?  sad

The emboldened part of the quote shows you like point and kill, wella, LOL

There's nothing wrong with eating any meat dead or alive, it just depends on how you love to excercise your freedom and how big your freezer is to store it for months.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by benchwest: 12:03am On Nov 09, 2010
this whales has Mercuries and i really do think they create a negative impacts on humans if we eat them
i dont remember exactly.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by redsun(m): 12:27am On Nov 09, 2010
Invicible sees nothing wrong in playing d role of a common vulture, scavenging rotten whale. I guess that is young blue whale. If u must eat whale meat,why not go to d deep and catch them?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by redsun(m): 12:36am On Nov 09, 2010
Useless pple that sees nothing wrong playing d scums of d earth.Living witiout intuition and human dignity.Soon cannibalisn will become a way of not letting meat go waste in nigeria.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by invisible2(m): 12:58am On Nov 09, 2010
redsun:

Useless pple that sees nothing wrong playing d scums of d earth.Living witiout intuition and human dignity.Soon cannibalisn will become a way of not letting meat go waste in nigeria.

redsun:

If we allow you, you will allege that cannibalism originated in Lagos.
When oyibo people were chopping human meat, it was fashionable and they called themselves 'the wild west' now you are trying to pin the rap on Nigeria. Shame on you!
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by redsun(m): 1:10am On Nov 09, 2010
Not that u make sense as always but all that u seems to compare urself with is outright backwardness and complete moral degredation.
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Nobody: 1:56am On Nov 09, 2010
@RedSun give it up bro, you just got OWNED.

Anyway, From the website: http://arrestedworld./2010/11/05/whale-in-nigeria/

LMFAO@ the comments {below}!!!!

Sabri: this is silly and wrong how can they be eating an endangered species and it can actually kill them.

Emsor: Endangered specie my big foot! What else were they supposed 2 do with it, conduct a funeral service? My only complain is that that i cant even see the so-called whale. Is this the best pic they could take?

Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by lastpage: 3:32am On Nov 09, 2010
@phreakabit:
Guy get the F outta here with your cheap political campaign strategies! Must we politicize everything, What do you mean by Now Jonathan is in trouble! You sounded super dumb in that part, and to think that i even wasted like 3 good minutes reading your comment, B4 i read that part, I feel sorry 4 you. We are talking of the well being of the people and you come here trolling!

You, like most Nigerians, dont seem to have a high dose of sense of humor!
The "Jonathan" phrase was to end the post on a lighter note between the two guys quarreling over what approach to take!

I said "What we need is an amalgamation of the NATIONALIST and the ENLIGHTENED" rolled into one, to give Jonathan a run for his money!
Obviously, l cant be saying that Buzeegee and the other guy are going to become a single human and wold contest against the President

It was just to humor them, that they are a formidable team, if they would channel their energies together, productively.

Relax Bro, life is too short to have a short fuse! grin

What still bothers me is WHY are these gorgeous animals dieing?

There are reports within the last two weeks, of beached Whales in at least six different countries, U.K, Ireland, Nigeria, Germany to mention a few.

Something must be killing them and the earlier we give it more thought, the better;
Lest what is killing Whales start killing humans sad cry
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buzugee(m): 5:17am On Nov 09, 2010
some of you guys still do not get the point. what separates us from animals is that we can control our instincts, we are more sophisticated, and we are in complete control of our desires. what is displayed in those pics is a lack of control of instincts, no kind of sophistication, and absolutely no control over desires. in short, these people are not displaying human behavior. they are animals, and this is what will go through any rational thinking persons mind when they see this crap. now it is not a huge leap for them to assume that all nigerians have low IQ and are savages and animals. then it is not a huge leap for them to assume that all africans are animalistic savages. and then all our brothers and sisters in diaspora will be catching hell because they are viewed as sub-humans.

all of this might sound alien to some of you but i need you to do an experiment if you so wish. go on yahoo answers, the cultures and groups section. hang in there for a few minutes or hours. then you will see all these retards from across the world calling africans savages  and animals etc. hmmmmm i wonder how they come up with these prejudices ?
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by Nobody: 5:23am On Nov 09, 2010
Someone still dey look for rotten whale ni Oshodi Market grin
Re: Whale In Lagos(with Pics) by buzugee(m): 5:24am On Nov 09, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Someone still dey look for rotten whale ni Oshodi Market grin
yes. the persons name is ileke idi grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Black Spaghetti. This Is What It Looks Like. Can You Eat This? / You Can Eat Only One Thing From This Plate / Soldier, Faith Ogochukwu Kills African Civet In Her Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.