Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,547 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Is Facebook Only For Romance ? My Granny Wants A Facebook Account - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Facebook Only For Romance ? My Granny Wants A Facebook Account (785 Views)

She Wants A Sugar Daddy Without Sex, Guy Replies Him / Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? / Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Facebook Only For Romance ? My Granny Wants A Facebook Account by Jcob(m): 9:22am On Nov 06, 2010
Something caught my attention some days ago when I visited a friend of mine at home, we vividly discussed the importance of social media in digital marketing and how it can help in building brand awareness and at the same time increase returns on investment.

Facebook was our reference word as we mentioned it in every phrase and sentence . I suddenly noticed my friend’s Granny smiling at the laptop screen, not to embarrass her, I humorously asked her what she was smiling at . . . . . . and she replied with a big smile ” Come and See” . I stood up, went to her side and it was her pictures on Facebook when she was 20, 35 , 60 and 67. . . . . she is presently 71 years old.

My friend took his time to compile all her pictures, uploaded it on his Facebook account and engages the Granny any time he is less busy. Even though the Older Mama cannot operate a computer, she still finds joy in looking at the pictures, smiling and soliloquizing. We thrilled her when we showed her the pictures and videos of Family members and Friends on Facebook. You know old people now ! She won’t just let us go, she requested we search for wedding pictures, search for a friend of hers she lost contact with 40 years ago . Duh ? We tried explaining that Online Content is GIGO (Garbage in Garbage Out).

She finally allowed us to go on one request, ” To buy her a Laptop and a Facebook Account so that she can get pictures and talk with her old school friends. We agreed jokingly and told her she would start her Facebook tutorial next week.

Immediately we left the house, I told my friend that if a 71 year old Mama could be this addicted to Facebook just because of her past pictures she saw, then we still have more people to join the social media scene for whatever reason that would attract them.

If Facebook is still alive and active in the next 5 years, I can see over 10 million Nigerians on the platform.

Till then, Hasta Lavista.

http://tregeocreatives.com/blog/?p=89
Re: Is Facebook Only For Romance ? My Granny Wants A Facebook Account by Dyt(f): 9:31am On Nov 06, 2010
awwwwww i am so touched
i think am gonna v an account soon
Re: Is Facebook Only For Romance ? My Granny Wants A Facebook Account by mediatrix8(f): 10:45am On Nov 06, 2010
Too bad ,we can't access on Facebook here in China sad sad sad
Re: Is Facebook Only For Romance ? My Granny Wants A Facebook Account by MrsEve: 10:53am On Nov 06, 2010
Awwwwww I hope Granny get some azz by Valentine's Day and tell her I will buy her a lingerie and a singlet wink
Re: Is Facebook Only For Romance ? My Granny Wants A Facebook Account by Jcob(m): 2:10pm On Nov 06, 2010
So no facebook in china
Re: Is Facebook Only For Romance ? My Granny Wants A Facebook Account by mediatrix8(f): 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2010
Jcob:

So no facebook in china

Yes, most Foreign websites are blocked here in China such as YOUTUBE,FACEBOOK,HI5 and so on.Too bad,When we try to get a proxy,it will still be blocked again.This is China anyway.
Re: Is Facebook Only For Romance ? My Granny Wants A Facebook Account by Jcob(m): 5:02pm On May 26, 2012
Wow
Re: Is Facebook Only For Romance ? My Granny Wants A Facebook Account by Rocktation(f): 5:09pm On May 26, 2012
Jcob: Wow

(1) (Reply)

Man Divorces Wife For Faking Death Of Former Husband / My Man Thinks Less Of Me. / Which Professionals Are More Romantic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.