Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria (18966 Views)

Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC / The Fiery Volcanic Speech By Israeli Prime Minister At The UN General Assembly / Campaign Bill Boards Of President Jonathan Destroyed In Benue(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 7:18am On Nov 07, 2010
Ranoscky:

JESUS CHRIST !!!!! shocked shocked shocked

Okija juju, I HOPE THAT PIX ABOVE IS PHOTO SHOPPED AND NOT REAL ?.?.? (with his eyes stil WIDE open) shocked shocked shocked

I no buy the picture for shop o!! Na google give me o!! lol  angry
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 7:18am On Nov 07, 2010
Residents protesting against the Bomblast

Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 07, 2010
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Oh my GOD!!! Dayo, you have killed me today.

"Condom" grin grin grin grin
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 7:22am On Nov 07, 2010
See wetin Nigerian Newspapers don reduce theirself to!! grin
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by redsun(m): 11:35am On Nov 07, 2010
We still haven't got a picture of this occurrence.So does it mean we don't have hurstlin paparazzis making money from opportunities like this aswell alerting people for help and rescue?
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 07, 2010
The whole country is in turmoil,so is our tectonic plates.very soon nw if God does nt intervene,great natural disasters wil be happenin in dis gullible country of ours.like earthquakes,eartht tremors etc.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by ElRazur: 12:14pm On Nov 07, 2010
redsun:

We still haven't got a picture of this occurrence.So does it mean we don't have hurstlin paparazzis making money from opportunities like this aswell alerting people for help and rescue?

Clearly such sector is probably still in its infancy in naija.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by redsun(m): 12:23pm On Nov 07, 2010
That is why i have always said that there are ample loads of opportunities in nigeria.We are just beginning but unfortunately on a wrong foot.

Every where a i look at is a way of making a cool living in nigeria but for corruption.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by ElRazur: 12:54pm On Nov 07, 2010
redsun:

That is why i have always said that there are ample loads of opportunities in nigeria.We are just beginning but unfortunately on a wrong foot.

Every where a i look at is a way of making a cool living in nigeria but for corruption.

I agree, however I was in naija and packed all my gears - Laptop, camera and camcorder. I had to restrict my shooting to a few places. It is unnerving to go around with a digital slr slung round one's neck in the streets of Lagos.

As a pap, you will need a zoom lens something from say 80mm on wards will be good and about 80-300m (which is what I have) is a long one, it will easily attract people you don't want to attract lol.

For example, there was an incident which I thought was funny and wanted to record it. Needless to say people surrounded me saying I am a member of the press and so they want to know what am filming. Luckily, the dude with me had an Army belt and beret on display in his car so they sorta let me go, but boy it was unnerving.

My point? While there are chances to make money, it comes with risk that may not be worth taking those chances.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by redsun(m): 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2010
Nigeria is a volatile zone,one must be prepared for anything to operate there.

Life is a risk anyway and if it is the risk that is going to keep one afloat and in track with things,why not?
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by 190: 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2010
i doubt this,,
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by rasputinn(m): 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2010
@ ElRazur
Thanx for ur pic grin grin grin
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by moremi2008(m): 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2010
redsun:

Well, good luck trying to make your fortunes being a paparazzi in Nigeria! All you need is one good run-in with Area Boys or the Police, I am sure your demise will be well-documented!
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by shotster50(m): 2:23am On Nov 08, 2010
So this is how people easily get carried away!!!
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by knotty(m): 9:04am On Nov 08, 2010
Any update on this Vanguard newspaper volcanic eruption?
till now, Punch, Thisday, Tribune etc have not had their own eruption yet?
Benue state govt has not helped matter too by not asking for FG intervention in the form extra budgetary allocation in view of the collosal human disaster caused by the tumultuous volcanoquake.

can somebody update this status please?
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by CGKing(m): 10:07am On Nov 08, 2010
i remember that a man of God prophecied it and u guys descended on him and called him a false prophet
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by bibiking1(m): 10:49am On Nov 08, 2010
If only Becomerich would make himself useful and get us some satellite pictures of the devastated areas.,,,,
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by invisible2(m): 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2010
CGKing:

i remember that a man of God prophecied it and u guys descended on him and called him a false prophet

Very true indeed, please all of you should collect your tithes and offerings and pay it to me, I will then send it to the man of God.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by hakanai(m): 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2010
people complaining on the information quality.Also suggesting Journalist must reach a reasonable coverage.my people it is good to be safe first.Anybody wey talk say the news no get full detail and is important, may kindly reach there and do more personally.glad to point the way.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by zoraro(m): 8:29pm On Nov 08, 2010
At this rate Nigeria will soon be left behind when other African Countries become developed nations. A simple photo of an occurrence like this is nowhere to be found.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by invisible2(m): 10:08pm On Nov 08, 2010
zoraro:

At this rate Nigeria will soon be left behind when other African Countries become developed nations. A simple photo of an occurrence like this is nowhere to be found.

I am ready to lend you a video camera, you can volunteer to go up the mountain and give us live updates, are you ready to go?
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by ElRazur: 10:30pm On Nov 08, 2010
invisible!:

I am ready to lend you a video camera, you can volunteer to go up the mountain and give us live updates, are you ready to go?

For crying out loud, who in their right mind climbs an active eruption to take photos? People who do this type of thing do it from a safe distance or use aeroplane or helicopter to take aerial photographs. 

As it stand no one is asking the photo-journalist back home to get on a plane or mount a camera on a helicopter but a few shots from a safe distance is  not too much to ask.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by safariman(m): 10:43pm On Nov 08, 2010
No pics because the naija camera melted and let us blame MEND for this one too
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by zoraro(m): 10:59pm On Nov 08, 2010
invisible!:

That is why we are still backward. Else where, the incident would have been investigate more closely, one or two people may even die in the process but the knowledge will lead to thousands of lives been saved in future occurrences. If we continue like this there may come a time in the future when we will be colonized/enslaved again even worse than we were before.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by invisible2(m): 12:50am On Nov 09, 2010
zoraro:

That is why we are still backward. Else where, the incident would have been investigate more closely, one or two people may even die in the process but the knowledge will lead to thousands of lives been saved in future occurrences. If we continue like this there may come a time in the future when we will be colonized/enslaved again even worse than we were before.

Emmmmm, we dont wanna be backward again and thats why I ask you to be among the 'one or two' who will die so we learn from it, ready to go? My video camera offer is still open.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 2:05am On Nov 09, 2010
invisible!:

its true, they said it washed many cars and buses with passengers into the ocean. This is a real tragedy. We need to go out and help those affected.

What a dumbshit! So you believe such rumours?
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by amor4ce(m): 2:05am On Nov 09, 2010
Maybe some villagers with nasty excremental issues founded six "shot-put" locations that began to overflow with a terribly overwhelming putridity that the whole village had to declare a code red.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by amor4ce(m): 2:10am On Nov 09, 2010
One thing that vexes me is that these journalists are our brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, uncles, aunties, cousins, in-laws, friends, colleagues, associates, and what have you. In short, products of the same society we live in.
angry sad embarassed
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by invisible2(m): 7:12am On Nov 09, 2010
Sagamite:

What a dumbshit! So you believe such rumours?
Wasnt it you I saw running away from the heavy tide? Happy survival!
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by lonelypal(m): 8:11am On Nov 09, 2010
If Nigeria has just one active volcano n we r all aware of it, y should ds baffle us? The question is what r we doin bout d incidence? Talking? Govt shld stand up to its responsibility. I hope ds wnt lead to setting up of damn committees again, Naija shld tke a clue frm d prompt n collaborative effort of d chilliean govt n member states frm europe, Nuf said!
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 8:20am On Nov 09, 2010
invisible!:

Emmmmm, we dont wanna be backward again and thats why I ask you to be among the 'one or two' who will die so we learn from it, ready to go? My video camera offer is still open.
grin grin grin grin grin

Exactly my broda.

Nobody one die but dem wan go heaven.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Johnson Bamidele-Olawumi Hands-Over To Suleman Kazaure (photos) / Treat Gunshot Wounds First, Ask Questions Later — Buhari / Peter Obi Directed Employment Of All Non-Anambra Workers Reviewed (2011)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.