Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. (3801 Views)

How Man And Woman Can Make Each Other Happy (photo) / A Jealous Boyfriend Is A Faithful Boyfriend. / How Do You Deal With A Jealous Fiancee ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by DAY12(m): 11:06am On Nov 07, 2010
I dunno what other people call it but I call a JEALOUSY MAN as a SICK MAN because am sick as am typing and i need a cure. Im killing my relationship with my jealousy please help me somebody I don't wanna lose her again. I ve destroyed most of my past relationship with dis similar attitude and right now its happening again.

NL, Why some guy are so jealous and others don't suffer it? Please my people, do dis for me cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by madlady(f): 11:19am On Nov 07, 2010
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by MrsEve: 11:24am On Nov 07, 2010
Poster,

What are some of the things that you do that you consider jealousy? What are your attitude to some of the things that your girlfriend do that you say make you jealous or you jealous toward? It would be helpful to woman to know,
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by Beync(f): 11:43am On Nov 07, 2010
u r lucky u no ur problem and u desire to solve it, is a very nice step u hav taken to overcome urs and God' grace, u will overcome it. try and be more free, asociate with free minded people, be cheerful, getin to no ur patner well and u will find more reason to trust her and u hav her trust too. one can be jealous but not to an extreme showin overposesivness or protection,it shud be minimal. all the best.
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by femy2010(m): 11:44am On Nov 07, 2010
I do mt think being jealous or guarding who we view and see as our diamond is bad but try not to allow possessiveness set in.
Inbtwn,the acceptance of ones flaw is a problem half solved.
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by erniewhez(m): 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2010
DAY 11, Its a sad thing when we find ourselves silly at some attitudes we display in bad notion and wrong motifs. Its good as ure realizing that most times ure wrong in ur thinking about ur spouse, some men dont think that way. Now u know ure not always right in ur judgments of ur wife, present and past.
For me as a person I have the same attitude, over protective of my wife and hence at times I mess up. But it comes frm her as well, she is even more jealous than I, But one thing helps, , if ur wife really wants to help you, she will desist from those things that seems to trigger ur suspicion of her i.e. if she keeps much male friends and play a lot with opposite sex, if she goes to parties without u, if she keeps un warranted late nights, or receive calls at ungodly hours frm pple u dnt knw especially males, on the other hand u can as well help urself by making friend with any1 u suspect her with and try to knw the guys intention, ds way u make d guy uncomfortable. Also show no doubts about her actions.
Mark it, some women take advantage of trust and do and undo, but when u knw ur woman is decent, ignore every thoughts of suspicion tht comes ur mind, rather let her knw u love her and u dnt want to loose her and tell her to be careful wht she does cos she sure may not meant it, but pple might misconstrued her actions and she will loose respect of pple around.
Always let ur woman knows tht AIDS doesnt show on faces and whatever happens to her ull share in it, always ask her if u did d same she did dt makes u feel bad how will she feel, blieve wht she tells u and try to ignore negative thots until u see an obvious situation like kissing, smooching, on bed together or in an isolated ungodly places. Actions like phone calls, holding hands, making friends, fondness of a male friend, going to parties shldnt be a basis to suspect ur woman of infidelity. THIS WORKED FOR ME.
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by kay177(m): 12:57pm On Nov 07, 2010
DAY11.:

I dunno what other people call it but I call a JEALOUSY MAN as a SICK MAN because am sick as am typing and i need a cure. Im killing my relationship with my jealousy please help me somebody I don't wanna lose her again. I ve destroyed most of my past relationship with dis similar attitude and right now its happening again.

NL, Why some guy are so jealous and others don't suffer it? Please my people, do dis for me cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

DAY11, MY GUY  I THOUGHT AS MUCH AT FIRST I WAS WONDERING WHY WERE YOU ALL OVER ME AND SOME OF MY CATCH HERE,  MIND YOU EVERY HUMAN BEING IS JEALOUS, EVEN OUR CREATOR MADE IT KNOW TO US THAT HE IS A JEALOUD GOD, BUT THE WAY WE HANDLE JEALOUSY IS WHAT DISTINGUISH INDIVIDUAL,  JEALOUSY CAN CAUSE SERIOUS HARM TO ONE'S LIFE AND PREVENT EVERY GOOD THING ONE ASPIRES TO ACCOMPLISH IN LIFE.
AS REGARDING RELATIONSHIP, WE NEED TO BECAREFUL AND BE TOLERANT WITH OURSELVES, SOMETIME WHAT WE ARE THINKING OF MIGHT BE WRONG ABOUT OUR GIRLFRIEND OR BOYFRIEND, THAT CALL HE OR SHE IS RECIEVING MIGHT NOT BE THAT OF THE SECRET LOVER OR ADMIRER,  JUST DEVELOPE YOUR MIND AND ALWAYS GIVE BENEFIT OF DOUBT IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP? ALWAYS GIVE BENEFIT OF DOUBT A CHANCE, I THINK IT WILL WORK.
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by DAY12(m): 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2010
erniewhez:

ignore every thoughts of suspicion tht comes your mind, rather let her knw u love her and u dnt want to loose her and tell her to be careful wht she does cos she sure may not meant it, but pple might misconstrued her actions and she will loose respect of pple around.
@ erniewhez , You are a Genius n very Intelligent, I thank you for d comment but tell me how i can ignore the thought of suspicious when she's always on my mind every day of my life,  I considered her as a woman of every man's dream so I always isolate her from her male friends and even females, I,m really going crazy, I hate her wearing makeup it gives me heart attack and In fact, I’d give anything to have her to myself alone I swear to God, anything.

I believe dis is a great way to get things off my chest and eventually cure my jealousy sickness. I have been dating this girl for over a year and a half now. I have never felt this strong for anyone. We got along great. But about 4 and a half months ago she transferred to a different versity and that makes her far away from me. We lived 148.3 miles away from each other and I drove up there as often as I could. We talked every night. Things began to get a little ruff. I tried to let her know how much I cared.

Out of jealousy I started having some bad dreams, I woke up after a horrible dream one day half crying because I had imagined that she had slept with somebody else. I called her at 6:30am just to hear her voice and have her telling me I was the only one she had been with even after telling her about my dream. One hour later she called me back crying and said she was coming down here because she had something to tell me that she couldn't tell me over the phone. I immediately said, "You slept with somebody else didn't you?"  cry cry cry cry cry She was shocked and she said am sick and i need to see a doctor, till now she has refused to pick my calls again.

I guess have done it again but this time around, I need a cure! What should I do. sad sad sad sad
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by zealot4me(f): 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2010
4 wat now ?
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by Wislet(f): 2:14pm On Nov 07, 2010
MAYBE U NEED TO SEE A COUNSELLOR. He/she would help you better. For real. It is their training.
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by deniyor: 2:34pm On Nov 07, 2010
It all boils down to trust.

If you love someone, you experience some kind of jealousy, no matter what. what makes the difference btw those who show it and others like me that seem unperturbed about what the lady does is the fact I trust her very much. I also know it is not who talks to her that is the winner, but Me who takes her home to do all the things the other guy will want to do to her. Therefore the other guy should be the jealous one not me. Moreover, the lady knows her replacement is waiting in the wings if she messes up.
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by MrsEve: 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2010
Jealousy and Trust is TWO DIFFERENT THINGS,

Part of the dictionary definition of jealousy states that jealousy is "a state of fear, suspicion or envy caused by a real or imagined threat to one's possessive instincts." It also says that jealousy is "a zealous desire to preserve an existing situation or relationship." Both of these states of mind, no matter how we look at it, prevent us from living our lives as happy, loving people who are getting the most out of all our gifts.

The dictionary's definition of jealousy is interesting, though, in the fact that it includes the concepts of fear and suspicion, two other elements of life that definitely keep us from getting the most of our lives. I may be jealous of the newcomer in the office because I'm afraid that he or she is going to take my job, because I see qualities in that person that I don't see in myself. Or I may be afraid that my wife or girlfriend is going to like this new man she just met better than she likes me, again because of qualities that I see in that person that I don't see in myself.

Trust

A firm belief or confidence in the honesty, integrity, reliability, justice, etc. of another person or thing; faith; reliance
the person or thing trusted
confident expectation, anticipation, or hope: to have trust in the future
the fact of having confidence placed in one
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by deniyor: 2:48pm On Nov 07, 2010
^^^^^ Thanks for the clarification on the dictionary meaning of jealousy and trust. I did not mention trust and jealosy are the same thing. I wrote that jealousy and trust are linked. That is incase you need a summary.
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by MrsEve: 2:52pm On Nov 07, 2010
That what link means suga,

Trust and Jealousy are link, meaning that they are in correlations,

Hence the definition, THEY ARE NOT,
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by deniyor: 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2010
so you are saying that if suicide is linked with depression, then suicide equals depression? That is wrong. Linked means there is a relationship btw two things. It could be direct relationship, inverse relation, exponential etc.

Basically, what I meant is, there is an increase in jealousy when there is a decrease in (or lack of) trust. And vice versa.
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by MrsEve: 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2010
Let me help you BETTER UNDERSTAND, it went over your head I apologized,

Jealousy:

Two brothers, Jack and John going to the party down the street from the house.  Jack is very popular with his friends and tend to get most of the attention.  Jack and John are very close brothers and consider each other twins.  They both arrived to the party and some of the friends speak to Jack and want to know how Jack feel about the newest gadgets.  John sits in the corner and being completely ignored by his brother Jack. John wants the attention that his brother gets so he go outside to act "cool" and spreading rumors about his brother Jack so that he can get the "attention" his brother Jack was getting and have Jack to himself again.  

Trust:

A mother interviews multiple housemates/nannies to care for her baby so she can return to work.  She placed each eligble nannies through extensive background checks and some reports came back on one of the nanny that she were reported for Child Abuse, but with references from friends and co-workers the mother continue to interview the nanny in question and through her instinct and faith she hired the nanny regardless of the child abuse report.  

You can be jealous and trust your partners, family, friends, and co-workers.
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by deniyor: 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2010
Yes, you can be jealous and trust at the same time. My original post mentioned as much. In terms of relationship, I trust my gf. I am in a pseudo long distance relationship. She is a very beautiful lady and as such attacts attention from a lot of women. Do I get jealous some times, Yes. If you love someone, you are bound to be jealous sometimes. I enjoy it sometimes and othertimes, she is the one that is jealous.

If I do not trust her as much as I do, I will doubt and worry abt her every movement. I will worry abt every guy she talks to or talks to her. I will be unable to joke abt her pretty her babies with the other guy talking toher will be. i will pick up fights and try restricting her movements or her friendship with people. Actions that very much undermine a relationship. I will feel insecure everytime my position is threatened by other men interested in her.

What I am saying is, you get more jealous when there is little trust or lack of trust. You tend to act irrationally in cases where there is little trust.
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by Dyt(f): 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2010
day 11 take aspirin it does help
kpe
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by DAY12(m): 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2010
Thank you Mr deniyor & also to MrsEve, you guys have made a great point there[b] ( I can be jealous and at the same time trust her )[/b], Maybe jealousy is essential and the trust is what am lack, Lemme say maybe If I trust her, I won't be complaining about her makeups, about where she goes, about who calls or text her.
I believe am faithful cus I devoted all my precious time for her and I've never act silly around her, I really want all dis things in return maybe dat would even reduce my negative mind and silly attitude towards a woman. Should I call dis a nature seeing my girlfriend with other man then my Blood pressure will increased without delay. embarassed I,m sowwie to say dis but lets take Ms.Ropeto for example: I know she's wise and exposed maybe Smokey Hot, Sexy & Sassy  grin grin grin and that makes everyman on NL going after her everyday & nite, they won't leave her alone, Haba! some are showing interest in her directly while others re pretending  sad sad Some are so stupick angry going down on their keens begging her to love them BUT i know Ms Ropeto won't accept them because they are bunches of clown.
My point here is that I got jealous when ever they flirt around with her, I just have dis inbuilt jealousy thou i like My darling Ms Ropeto but dis Co-rk Head Niggro's won't leave us alone and that really gets me angry more and more Jealous. angry

Mr Money, Yorisb, 170, Mr Co-rk, I beg you with the name of who ever you believe stay off her and leave us alone,  angry Am sure I'll get better from d sickness if they can just leave NL, yeah it has gone to that.

Ms Ropeto Mama, I still dey Jeolous ooo grin
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by deniyor: 1:28am On Nov 08, 2010
Does MrsRopeto know that you are her boyfriend?
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by DAY12(m): 10:25am On Nov 08, 2010
deniyor:

Does MrsRopeto know that you are her boyfriend?
grin, I,m gonna let her know today!
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by kpolli(m): 11:02am On Nov 08, 2010
good thing is that u know the problem, solution start trusting ur partner
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by DAY12(m): 11:15am On Nov 08, 2010
kpolli:

good thing is that u know the problem, solution start trusting your partner
Confuse me more, How do I trust, I watched her everyday when she's taking her bath and putting dat powder & lipstick, It gets me angry cause i know alot of guys out there that her far better than I am, You wont understand cus you re not suffering from it, I,m a Jealousy Patient and am so sick, Just need d cure, so I'll be heal for ever.

Where is Ms. Ropeto, babe where is ya face embarassed
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by kpolli(m): 11:27am On Nov 08, 2010
well u should trust the fact that ur the only man that gets to see that view, plus u mite not be jealous, but a psycho
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by DAY12(m): 11:37am On Nov 08, 2010
kpolli:

well u should trust the fact that your the only man that gets to see that view, plus u mite not be jealous, but a psycho
pSYCHO, huh INSULT
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by kpolli(m): 11:40am On Nov 08, 2010
well thats wat ur trying to state,
ur not worried that she mite be seeing another dude, ur scared of the possibility of other men seeing her dress up
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by Omolola1(f): 11:46am On Nov 08, 2010
What can i say?
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by MrsEve: 11:47am On Nov 08, 2010
Damn, the man just said he is a jealous man, DAMN!

Why beat a dead bird when it already dead? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by kay177(m): 11:49am On Nov 08, 2010
day11, take things easy right you cant monitor a woman, only her can check herself, and if you die for the sake of
one woman thousands of them will bleep on your grave, take it cool and soft pedal man,
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by kpolli(m): 11:52am On Nov 08, 2010
cos the dead bird has cancer n its taking malaria drugs
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by MrsEve: 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2010
kpolli:

cos the dead bird has cancer n its taking malaria drugs

The hell undecided Security!!! shocked
Re: I Am A Jealous Man And Want To Stop It. by kpolli(m): 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2010
sorry unlike u, i dont bliv being soft on such ppl wud change them, i bliv in letting them know the ugly truth n the reality of life,

being soft wud never change him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Would You Miss If Your Partner Ends Your Relationship / Are Men Giving Up On Women Nowadays? / 20½ Signs A Girl Likes You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.