Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,029 members, 7,838,581 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors (24809 Views)

Some Of Bola Tinubu's Projects From 1999-2003 (First Term In Office) / Cooking Gas Price Drops, Supply Rises, FG Projects Further Decrease / Tension in the Villa as Buhari threatens to dump 2nd term bid on health grounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by RichDad1(m): 4:58am On Oct 22, 2019
Yusuf4:
How then can you just conclude that it’s the Youths that are not doing anything that wants to be compensated. The truth is, the Federal Government don’t want to compensate the land owners on the ground that it’s a public project that will benefit them.

As far as I know, this project will not even benefit the host community specially.

Which land owners are you talking about ?
A project that has been designed years ago and all necessary feasibility studies done before commencement? Where do these lands owners crawl from?
If they are truly the land owners with genuine documentation, why can’t they approach the courts instead of acting like savages ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by wirinet(m): 4:59am On Oct 22, 2019
KosiGee:

That’s blackmail. The federal govt, state government and the contractors should resolve all issues related to lands etc before they commence work.
It's the communities that are blackmailing. There is no way the projects would pass through design and survey stage and contractor move to site without compensating the families.

I dey vex right now. Oil drilling just commenced in my community and in my village a few months back. Our community leaders have been collecting Ghana must go bags from the contractors without letting anyone know. When people became aware, serious gbege. Now we have over 5 factions fighting each other including court case. Even the Olu has waded in and no solution. The contractors just brought Navy, army and mopol. Anyone that comes near the site will be shot. Now they are drilling without paying all the necessary compensations, and I don't blame them.
That's why I laugh when people who have no idea of Niger Delta politics and greed shout resource control.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Princedapace(m): 5:03am On Oct 22, 2019
When God create black man, he didn't give him brain for leadership. What he said is simply like someone who was forced to undertake a project in a country where the same region pays tax. Land is not free anywhere in the world. There was a land use dispute between a top English club and the owners of the land few years back.

As a FG, u simply find a way to resolve it not making threats. These leaders are the major reason I'm so tired of the country. Leadership skills, they don't have. It is so obvious this man and majority of the leaders in Nigeria are so reluctant in siting any project in the east.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Cmanforall: 5:06am On Oct 22, 2019
undecided There could be other ways to compensate landowners

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by wirinet(m): 5:06am On Oct 22, 2019
Yusuf4:
How then can you just conclude that it’s the Youths that are not doing anything that wants to be compensated. The truth is, the Federal Government don’t want to compensate the land owners on the ground that it’s a public project that will benefit them.

As far as I know, this project will not even benefit the host community specially.

Are you sure you know what you are saying? A major road and bridge passing through your community will not benefit the community? A bridge a major bridge that will link the south to the rest the country.
Anywhere a major road in completed, land value double instantly.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by wirinet(m): 5:09am On Oct 22, 2019
Princedapace:
When God create black man, he didn't give him brain for leadership. What he said is simply like someone who was forced to undertake a project in a country where the same region pays tax. Land is not free anywhere in the world. There was a land use dispute between a top English club and the owners of the land few years back.

As a FG, u simply find a way to resolve it not making threats. These leaders are the major reason I'm so tired of the country. Leadership skills, they don't have. It is so obvious this man and majority of the leaders in Nigeria are so reluctant in siting any project in the east.
And you shift blame to the FG and exonerate greedy community elders and youths who want to blackmail the FG and contractors for personal greed. You are right, When God create black man, he didn't give him brain.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by nextstep(m): 5:09am On Oct 22, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
That is very wrong.Government should know that the issue of community chasing away contractors that refuse to compensate them not just started today. Its a long tradition in our society. I'm expecting the contractor's to settle the community also government should wake up to their responsibility by providing job to the youth Because if they are living fine they will not ask contractors for money .

I'm not a fan of Buhari, but I support this 100%. Some jobless youths and their community leaders were threatening to derail 2nd Niger Bridge, so let's see if this will make them rethink.

Contractors are not in the business of providing jobs. They are in the business of making money, and providing jobs is one side benefit, but they use only the qualified labour they want.

Government is supposed to create enabling environment for businesses to run, which in turn provides jobs. The fact that the youth in a state are jobless is not the contractor's headache... that's the responsibility of the state. States can suggest, and even make jobs a pre qualification for giving the contract, but a contractor should not be obligated to employ people it does not need.

Youths are supposed to vote in the people that will provide an enabling environment. From governor, to senator, to representative (federal and state), to LGA chairperson. They failed to do so, now they should enjoy the fruits of their vote.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by SirVintageCock: 5:10am On Oct 22, 2019
RichDad1:

What are you saying ? So because it’s been long makes it a good thing ?
Is providing infrastructures not part of living fine?
So the FG should abandon a project that will benefit millions of citizens because of some few greedy lazy asses?
You lots are just pathetic with your entitlement stance.
Pray tell, how will this project benefit the host communities?

How did the third mainland bridge benefited the host communities?

The fourth mainland bridge will they build it without compensating the property owners?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by wirinet(m): 5:15am On Oct 22, 2019
Cmanforall:
undecided There could be other ways to compensate landowners
Landowners must have been compensated, the people blackmailing the FG are communities (read between the lines - chiefs, elders and youths).

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Jackonsy(m): 5:16am On Oct 22, 2019
Inflammatory:

And they will leave and you will cry marginalisation. Don't know why the Govt is trying all to satisfy these people, they can't be satisfied. Please give them their country and let them go.

Hey building bridge and leaving major link road in east is like dead trap

Let forget it if you won't compensate host communities period

East knows their desire
Wailing at them makes them stronger

Am talking from experience you can't intermediate Gino's with what that will not benefit 50% of the masses

And you think that thing you said will shake igbos

FG your weakness pass the one of deamand prick

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Technology14: 5:20am On Oct 22, 2019
Ok . Check my profile for affordable solar light.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by MetaPhysical: 5:21am On Oct 22, 2019
SirVintageCock:

The fourth mainland bridge will they build it without compensating the property owners?

drop the SIR in your name immediately and return to village.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Princedapace(m): 5:22am On Oct 22, 2019
wirinet:

And you shift blame to the FG and exonerate greedy community elders and youths who want to blackmail the FG and contractors for personal greed. You are right, When God create black man, he didn't give him brain.

They are not blackmailing anyone. They are only asking to compensated. U can't build anything in Lagos without compensating land owners. It is done, and well known in Lagos. So why should south east own be different? It is done everywhere in the world. Land is not free. Compensate the owners of the land and not threaten them. Go and build anything for Lagos and see if those boys will not break ur head if u don't negotiate reasonably with them. All I see here is the normal ethnic bitterness where anything done by an average igbo man is blown out of proportion.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Laslaslala: 5:22am On Oct 22, 2019
eternityk:

Lol
If I were buhari
I will just stop everybody
After all,u are political minorities
Buhari should not say anything again
Keep deceiving yourself
When there is injustice to Ibo or anywhere in The land,NIGERIA can never know peace,its as simple as that
Nigeria of today is a laughing stock among the committee of nations even the smallest of countries no longer respect her
Carry your passport and move a bit you go know how far
Keep celebrating evil

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by VivyZub(f): 5:26am On Oct 22, 2019
But those people saying govt should not compensate land owners that the bridge will affect, are you just saying this out of a tribalistic mind? I know most of the people saying this don't have a single landed property to their names. If you do, then imagine if the govt wakes up one morning and decide to use the location where your landed property is for road. Won't you demand for compensation.
Why do we reason like this in this country?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by RichDad1(m): 5:28am On Oct 22, 2019
SirVintageCock:

You’re asking how a good road will benefit the host community? Is this some form of ignorance or what ?
Anyways, let me help point some out for you.

A good road will definitely opens up the community to more opportunities.
Investors will see reasons to site companies there among other things.

On 3MB, I guess you’re too young to know or you were not even born yet to know how Oworo, Bariga and Akoka used to be before the Bridge was constructed.

Let me educate you, before 3MB was constructed by IBB, the whole traffic going to the island had to be routed through Ikorodu road. Either through Yaba or Western Avenue. And I can tell you it wasn’t funny.

In the case of 4MB, the project has been redesigned twice to make sure the government does not pay too much on compensations.
Do you know the amount of traveling time that will be reduced at the completion of the 4MB?
FYI, lots of communities are willing to even sacrifice their lands just for the bridge to pass through their domain.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Nobody: 5:28am On Oct 22, 2019
I buy into this move but some people don't fully understand it.
When projects are being initiated in an area, the government compensates land owners whose land has been marked for the project. This can only happen if you have a valid C of O. So government cannot give money to who claims a land without documented proof.
But in my dear country, even those that hear of such project coming to their area see it as opportunity to make demands from the government. If they're not met, they go violent about it. Some communities will fight government to the last if the marked land is an ancestral ground or family land. All these stubborn attitude impedes development.
Every Nigerian should know that every land in Nigeria belongs to the government and they can come and take it from you. That's why the document given to you doesn't read 'land owner'. It reads 'Certificate of Occupancy' meaning you're just occupying till the real owners come for it.
The government should only compensates land occupants with valid C of O. Anybody else should go and do their worse and if it affects the project being initiated in that area, they move it to another place who needs it
#TruthOfTrinity

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by VivyZub(f): 5:28am On Oct 22, 2019
Commentor:
If they don't need the 2nd Niger bridge abeg transfer funds to our schools or hospitals.

Lol
The money budgeted for your schools and hospitals how far.? Are they up to world class standard now

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by SirVintageCock: 5:29am On Oct 22, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I am already in my village which is better than what most people called town.
Meanwhile, I asked a question, a simple one which does not have to necessitate insults in anyway.

I do not live in your western states to know the answers to my question, so stop being defensive and answer the question if there are any.

For your info, many bridges that litters the northern part of the country has no developments around it.
So pray tell, what are their benefits apart from the easy accessibility.?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by KosiGee(m): 5:29am On Oct 22, 2019
wirinet:

It's the communities that are blackmailing. There is no way the projects would pass through design and survey stage and contractor move to site without compensating the families.

I dey vex right now. Oil drilling just commenced in my community and in my village a few months back. Our community leaders have been collecting Ghana must go bags from the contractors without letting anyone know. When people became aware, serious gbege. Now we have over 5 factions fighting each other including court case. Even the Olu has waded in and no solution. The contractors just brought Navy, army and mopol. Anyone that comes near the site will be shot. Now they are drilling without paying all the necessary compensations, and I don't blame them.
That's why I laugh when people who have no idea of Niger Delta politics and greed shout resource control.

If all the risk assessments have been carried out and land access and other related issues which might derail or threaten the project have been resolved, security should be beefed up around the area instead of the threats of taking the fund meant for execution of the bridge elsewhere.

About your community, your community leaders should be held accountable and not the contractors. They collected and either consumed or held onto your piece of ‘cake’. The various factions should be working together to fight and strip the leaders of their titles. They failed you.

Now with the security posed by the youths, I don’t think it’ll be wise to stop the exploration except their activities are unsafe and dangerous to the communities. This is the time to police and monitor their activities to ensure that their operations are eco-friendly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Qoko: 5:31am On Oct 22, 2019
Niccoloimhotep:
cry

This excuse sounds both stupid and lame to me. The almighty federal govt giving up an entire project without a fight even when the resisting force has not fired a single shot nor attacked anybody. Since when actually did the government become so weak? This is the same government that unleashed python dance and crocodile smile on ipob and niger delta militants.
I think there's a mischievous undertone to this, haba ......this is just too lame.

Blocked head, we are talking about development of a region and talking about ipob and crocodile smile. I swear you need to be sold to Niger republic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by RichDad1(m): 5:32am On Oct 22, 2019
VivyZub:
But those people saying govt should not compensate land owners that the bridge will affect, are you just saying this out of a tribalistic mind? I know most of the people saying this don't have a single landed property to their names. If you do, then imagine if the govt wakes up one morning and decide to use the location where your landed property is for road. Won't you demand for compensation.
Why do we reason like this in this country?
Did you even read the main article?
All the affected land and properties as been settled long ago. Or do you think the contractors will start working on a project for the past 6-7 years without paying the required compensations?
These disgruntled ones are just opportunists. They only want to be “Settled” nothing more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Commentor: 5:33am On Oct 22, 2019
Laslaslala:

Keep deceiving yourself
When there is injustice to Ibo or anywhere in The land,NIGERIA can never know peace,its as simple as that
Nigeria of today is a laughing stock among the committee of nations even the smallest of countries no longer respect her
Carry your passport and move a bit you go know how far
Keep celebrating evil

Sharap.

With my Naija passport I'm fine.

Once they see my name they know m free.

In Pakistan now your brothers are being selected for screening.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Niccoloimhotep: 5:37am On Oct 22, 2019
Qoko:

Blocked head, we are talking about development of a region and talking about ipob and crocodile smile. I swear you need to be sold to Niger republic.
please fuc.k off my mention please, i dont have time for your type
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by SirVintageCock: 5:42am On Oct 22, 2019
RichDad1:

You’re asking how a good road will benefit the host community? Is this some form of ignorance or what ?
Anyways, let me help point some out for you.

A good road will definitely opens up the community to more opportunities.
Investors will see reasons to site companies there among other things.

On 3MB, I guess you’re too young to know or you were not even born yet to know how Oworo, Bariga and Akoka used to be before the Bridge was constructed.

Let me educate you, before 3MB was constructed by IBB, the whole traffic going to the island had to be routed through Ikorodu road. Either through Yaba or Western Avenue. And I can tell you it wasn’t funny.

In the case of 4MB, the project has been redesigned twice to make sure the government does not pay too much on compensations.
Do you know the amount of traveling time that will be reduced at the completion of the 4MB?
FYI, lots of communities are willing to even sacrifice their lands just for the bridge to pass through their domain.

Thank you for your comment.
From what i deduced, the bridges helps in developing an undeveloped areas, right?

So, what happens when 90% of the area has been developed by the individuals and land owners? This is not just a virgin village, these are already developed towns swallowed up by the development coming in from the commercial nerve center in Onitsha.

You accused me of being naive, ignorant and too young but you have no idea or have you ever been to the areas in question that will be affected.
This is not first Niger bridge, this is more than that. It crisscrosses densely populated areas. Was Oworo or whatever densely populated when third mainland bridge was built??
If there are agreed compensations to be paid, they should do the needful instead of resorting to cheap blackmails.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by RichDad1(m): 5:42am On Oct 22, 2019
MetaPhysical:

You noticed how that statement exposed his intellectual deficiencies?
No surprises though. Most of them are just juveniles seeking online validations and cheap likes.
Don’t take too serious.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by wirinet(m): 5:45am On Oct 22, 2019
KosiGee:

If all the risk assessments have been carried out and land access and other related issues which might derail or threaten the project have been resolved, security should be beefed up around the area instead of the threats of taking the fund meant for execution of the bridge elsewhere.

About your community, your community leaders should be held accountable and not the contractors. They collected and either consumed or held onto your piece of ‘cake’. The various factions should be working together to fight and strip the leaders of their titles. They failed you.

Now with the security posed by the youths, I don’t think it’ll be wise to stop the exploration except their activities are unsafe and dangerous to the communities. This is the time to police and monitor their activities to ensure that their operations are eco-friendly.
I am just annoyed. My cousin went to the village and only came back yesterday. The situation is appalling. We are not gaining any thing from the project because of infighting, not even jobs for our youths or contracts. He was complaining that they brought in Igbos from Portharcourt to do the jobs and contracts. I told him I don't blame them, because they have to hire people that are ready to work. I am interested in the supply contracts, but, they are afraid to deal with anyone from our community because of the court cases. There is no way to monitor their activities, as they brought in lots of security personel to shield themselves from restive youths.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by RichDad1(m): 5:47am On Oct 22, 2019
SirVintageCock:
Thank you for your comment.
From what i deduced, the bridges helps in developing an undeveloped areas, right?

So, what happens when 90% of the area has been developed by the individuals and land owners? This is not just a virgin village, these are already developed towns swallowed up by the development coming in from the commercial nerve center in Onitsha.

You accused me of being naive, ignorant and too young but you have no idea or have you ever been to the areas in question that will be affected.
This is not first Niger bridge, this is more than that. It crisscrosses densely populated areas. Was Oworo or whatever densely populated when third mainland bridge was built??
If there are agreed compensations to be paid, they should do the needful instead of resorting to cheap blackmails.
The host communities are the one blackmailing the FG.
Are you telling me that a since the last 6-7 years this land owner are just waking up to demand compensations for their lands?
Let me tell you something , if this true , politicians would have used it as part of their punchlines during the last elections.
These ones here are just hungry and lazy opportunists.
And it their leaders can’t call them to order , then the FG should do the needful and stop the project until they are ready to be civil.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Basher8583: 5:50am On Oct 22, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
That is very wrong.Government should know that the issue of community chasing away contractors that refuse to compensate them not just started today. Its a long tradition in our society. I'm expecting the contractor's to settle the community also government should wake up to their responsibility by providing job to the youth Because if they are living fine they will not ask contractors for money .

You cannot reap where you did not sow. All land belongs to FG and they can do pretty much what they want which include displacing the f00ls with force.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Basher8583: 5:53am On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:
Lol u expect Igbo man to give u his land for free ?

Which government takes peoples land without compensation ?

That might be their only land ...we don't have luxury of land like west or north

Who ever told buhari and APC that threats moves an Igbo man is lying to him .,...the more u threaten n intimidate the more determine the Igbo man become .

If u can't compensate the land owners leave the bridge

The bolded explains why you guys are such losers with poor development in your region. Shame

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by MetaPhysical: 5:55am On Oct 22, 2019
That land has been zoned to the FG many decades ago. Second Niger Bridge did not just start under Buhari. The land has been compensated, re-compensated and over-compensated many times over with successive administrations. It has become habit for the communities to make these demands and get paid each time the contract is re-awarded. It has simply become cash cow for SE politicians. They don't want the bridge completed because the cow will no longer produce milk for them to suck.

The land has been zoned for decades and fg has right of way to it. Communities no longer have right to the land except when its lease expires....depending on whether your customary law allows change of ownership for land sale or not.

Those who do not want the bridge to complete are sending thugs to go and harass and threaten contractors and drive them away from work. They were hoping Buhari would do like his predecessors and not follow through with the construction. They are shocked and have been harassing workers since they started pouring concrete.

These are the set of people that want to lead Nigeria in 2023. Hell no!

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

NNPP Campaigns In Nassarawa Local Government, Kano (photos) / Dr Joe Odumakin 49th Birthday Celebration In Pictures / Massive Defection From PDP To APC In Ekot Epenem Senatorial Districts Really (pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.