Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,056 members, 7,838,680 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors (24814 Views)

Some Of Bola Tinubu's Projects From 1999-2003 (First Term In Office) / Cooking Gas Price Drops, Supply Rises, FG Projects Further Decrease / Tension in the Villa as Buhari threatens to dump 2nd term bid on health grounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by cyrilamx(m): 7:42am On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

The constitution demands compensation before land is taken ...lands are expensive in the east negotiate with the families but wanting to do it by force is never going to work

Land mass has never being an issue ...England is just like Niger + brono states but they controled half of the world
No wonder south Easterners swarm like bees to other states to settle cos of their small land mass. And instead of giving kudos to states that accommodate their huge population, they will be boasting that without them, such state won't develop. They acquire lands easily from other state but are unwilling to sell to non-indigenes in their states...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by joeolu: 7:42am On Oct 22, 2019
It would be nice to get facts before uttering rubbish online,most project done the government compensate land owners,like the rail project my in-laws and those around there were adequately compensated for their property as far as agricultural produce,but a situation where families have been compensated and host community leaders and youths are also asking for outrageous demands then its unfair to the government.so if the government decide to drop the project due to frustration of this sort don't blame them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Liamm(m): 7:44am On Oct 22, 2019
Princedapace:
When God create black man, he didn't give him brain for leadership. What he said is simply like someone who was forced to undertake a project in a country where the same region pays tax. Land is not free anywhere in the world. There was a land use dispute between a top English club and the owners of the land few years back.

As a FG, u simply find a way to resolve it not making threats. These leaders are the major reason I'm so tired of the country. Leadership skills, they don't have. It is so obvious this man and majority of the leaders in Nigeria are so reluctant in siting any project in the east.
the top English club is Liverpool
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Inflammatory: 7:48am On Oct 22, 2019
tiwiex:

Sounds like an excuse and finding who to blame as usual. Should compensation be agreed? The FG did not even claim to make a counter offer. They know there would be resistance anywhere in the world without compensation. If they are not considering compensation then it reveals and underlying intention.
And what is the intention?
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by freeDR(m): 7:49am On Oct 22, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
That is very wrong.Government should know that the issue of community chasing away contractors that refuse to compensate them not just started today. Its a long tradition in our society. I'm expecting the contractor's to settle the community also government should wake up to their responsibility by providing job to the youth Because if they are living fine they will not ask contractors for money .
What an irresponsible comment this is. It's a shame.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by lastmessenger: 7:51am On Oct 22, 2019
Yusuf4:
How then can you just conclude that it’s the Youths that are not doing anything that wants to be compensated. The truth is, the Federal Government don’t want to compensate the land owners on the ground that it’s a public project that will benefit them.

As far as I know, this project will not even benefit the host community specially.

The bridge will benefit every person in Nigeria. They make it sound like it is only the Igbo's that pass through the Niger bridge.Every tribe in the Nigeria make use of that bridge and if they do not want to pay people for their lands then they should take away their project to kastina

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mechanics(m): 7:51am On Oct 22, 2019
They just want to provoke him by their unnecessary demands, I just hope the local communities involved will take note of this.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Inflammatory: 7:53am On Oct 22, 2019
Jackonsy:

Hey building bridge and leaving major link road in east is like dead trap

Let forget it if you won't compensate host communities period

East knows their desire
Wailing at them makes them stronger

Am talking from experience you can't intermediate Gino's with what that will not benefit 50% of the masses

And you think that thing you said will shake igbos

FG your weakness pass the one of deamand prick
I love the way you guys progress. From marginalisation, to there is no bridge that is been constructed, to we don't need the bridge, of what benefit is the bridge to move to the feeding roads. I am concerned about the roads but please let them finish the roads.
You guys did not complain at the start, na now your dick was stroked.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by akdjr(m): 7:56am On Oct 22, 2019
So if it didn't started today, it should continue. Guy check your comments and ask yourself if this is the best way to live as a nation. quote author=BuhariAdvocate post=83350727]That is very wrong.Government should know that the issue of community chasing away contractors that refuse to compensate them not just started today. Its a long tradition in our society. I'm expecting the contractor's to settle the community also government should wake up to their responsibility by providing job to the youth Because if they are living fine they will not ask contractors for money .[/quote]
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by simonfynboi(m): 7:57am On Oct 22, 2019
Ogbeni go n sidon, FG do d nidful...
Compensate...
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by akdjr(m): 8:01am On Oct 22, 2019
They were allege to be making unrealizable demand. should a particular group of people's interest supersede a development that will benefit all?quote author=Princedapace post=83351761]When God create black man, he didn't give him brain for leadership. What he said is simply like someone who was forced to undertake a project in a country where the same region pays tax. Land is not free anywhere in the world. There was a land use dispute between a top English club and the owners of the land few years back.

As a FG, u simply find a way to resolve it not making threats. These leaders are the major reason I'm so tired of the country. Leadership skills, they don't have. It is so obvious this man and majority of the leaders in Nigeria are so reluctant in siting any project in the east. [/quote]
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 8:07am On Oct 22, 2019
drlateef:

If threats dont work, why are igbos complaining of maginalisation? In that case the maginalisatiin has just started. FG should please relocate the bridge to Sambisa forest. Its not needed there, but the people will not complain if they take over the whole forest.
We are Nigerians we would only complain when we don't get our rights ...that's all
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mammanbawa: 8:08am On Oct 22, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
That is very wrong.Government should know that the issue of community chasing away contractors that refuse to compensate them not just started today. Its a long tradition in our society. I'm expecting the contractor's to settle the community also government should wake up to their responsibility by providing job to the youth Because if they are living fine they will not ask contractors for money .
Seems you're getting this wrong
They're demanding for money from the contractors not as compensation for their lands but just to let them work. The second Niger bridge issue has been ongoing for a while
Host communities demanded payment from the contractors just to let them work
What kind of stupid country are we in?
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 8:09am On Oct 22, 2019
Basher8583:

The bolded explains why you guys are such losers with poor development in your region. Shame
We don't need as if ur region is more developed than south east
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 8:10am On Oct 22, 2019
wirinet:

Yes negotiate with families. Did the families claim they have not been compensated? I doubt the projects would have been designed, surveys carried out and contractors moved to site without settlement with the actual land owners.
Then your reading n comprehension is poor ...yes they have not been compensated
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 8:10am On Oct 22, 2019
Inflammatory:

And they will leave and you will cry marginalisation. Don't know why the Govt is trying all to satisfy these people, they can't be satisfied. Please give them their country and let them go.
Didn't government compensate abuja owners ? ...why is south east different ?
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 8:11am On Oct 22, 2019
eternityk:

Lol
If I were buhari
I will just stop everybody
After all,u are political minorities
Buhari should not say anything again
U think politics started I. 2015...even north knows better
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by brodalikeme(m): 8:18am On Oct 22, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

Age long culture of illegality shouldn’t be accepted on the basis on its duration. The fact that they have condoned this ugly behaviors for years doesn’t make it right.
Project are conceived ultimately with the benefits of the host community in mind not the FG. But you want the contractor to compensate and settle all manner of illegal authorities with the money that should be used for the project. I can’t think of something more absurd and irrational than this. Yes there are rooms for compensation but not settlement and certainly NO room for extortion.

ANY COMMUNITY THAT IS NOT WELCOMING TO CONTRACTORS IS NOT READY FOR PROJECTS, and NOT READY FOR DEVELOPMENT PERIOD!!!

I’m not a Buhari fan, but I stand with him on this

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by charleyfinest(m): 8:32am On Oct 22, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
U are just not serious. So ure actually supporting community demanding some amount of money from contractors. Later u pple will b complaining of not allocating project to some areas.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by eternityk: 8:32am On Oct 22, 2019
Laslaslala:

Keep deceiving yourself
When there is injustice to Ibo or anywhere in The land,NIGERIA can never know peace,its as simple as that
Nigeria of today is a laughing stock among the committee of nations even the smallest of countries no longer respect her
Carry your passport and move a bit you go know how far
Keep celebrating evil
U mean Nigeria Is a laughing stock because of your development abroad
Especially in Asia
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by obailala(m): 8:34am On Oct 22, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
What exactly do you mean "contractors should settle communities"? How exactly in 2019 do we still have anyone encouraging this bastardic behaviour?.... This is exactly the reason a once thriving city like Warri is now a shithole withh all companies deserting it by the day; you want to build even a hut and 1000 lazy youths foolishly invade your site demanding millions in "DEVE" claiming the govt did not give them stipends for doing nothing and here we have enlightened people still glorifying this retrogressive madness?

Are they the only communities in the country where their youths dont have jobs? Why dont they go and look for jobs? Must government do everything for you? Govt wants to build a hospital in a community lacking a hospital and the youths and chiefs block the contractor asking for settlement first before the project can proceed. How can any normal person support this kind of retardedd behaviour?

I wish I was the president. I would make it very clear that if any community disturbs contractors, that is the permanent end of that project; the project will be moved to other communities where the people have a sound mind and want development not 'settlements'. The communities loosing projects can wail till thy kingdom come; development will never be forced on FOOLS.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by 7lives: 8:35am On Oct 22, 2019
Qoko:

Blocked head, we are talking about development of a region and talking about ipob and crocodile smile. I swear you need to be sold to Niger republic.

The guy wants FG to apply the use of FORCE, to dissuade those constituting themselves into spanners in the wheel of progress, in that project.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by safetyInspector(m): 8:37am On Oct 22, 2019
Giving land for free or at discounts I suppose is for private investors not for government projects. There is no 'ethnicity slurs' in my comment because it is an open secret. In Finima Bonny Island FG built a brand new community and relocated the natives, provides electricity and water on 24/7 basis for over a decade because of NLNG plant complex in Bonny Island. The second Niger bridge is for all Nigerians as well as the NLNG. The case of Mambila power plant I sited will also benefit to host communities but the FG forehand made provision for compensation.
RichDad1:

It’s a useless tradition.
Where I come from, community leaders will give you land for free or at a discounted price as long as it’s going to improve commerce in the community.
I don’t know what you mean by certain part of the country. You can be objective without any tribal of ethnicity slurs.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by safetyInspector(m): 8:41am On Oct 22, 2019
Yes I am for real, the land owners need to be compensated. If you don't have a clue on this please go and investigate on how such projects is being run by FG across the Nation.
allthingsgood:

Smh. Are u for real As in u are justifying corruption and greed Omg
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:
Lol u expect Igbo man to give u his land for free ?

Which government takes peoples land without compensation ?

That might be their only land ...we don't have luxury of land like west or north

Who ever told buhari and APC that threats moves an Igbo man is lying to him .,...the more u threaten n intimidate the more determine the Igbo man become .

If u can't compensate the land owners leave the bridge

Una too dey boast
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by TemmyT002(m): 8:43am On Oct 22, 2019
Nigerians sha
They wan help you but you are still demanding for payment before you can be helped.
Madness
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by obailala(m): 8:47am On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:
Lol u expect Igbo man to give u his land for free ?

Which government takes peoples land without compensation ?

That might be their only land ...we don't have luxury of land like west or north

Who ever told buhari and APC that threats moves an Igbo man is lying to him .,...the more u threaten n intimidate the more determine the Igbo man become .

If u can't compensate the land owners leave the bridge
Bros Vitalis what nonsense are you talking about? When did this directionless ipob styled irrational retrogressive chest beating start from you?...

How does any human encourage or defend this madness from communities demanding settlement from contractors?... You were once an ardent apc man, but your parting with apc isnt a reason why you should throw common sense to the wind and start reasoning from the bum like we've seen some ipob members do here frequently. This matter has nothing to do with apc or pdp or buhari or any politician; this is a matter of infrastructural development in a region and a sensible people do whatever it takes to drag development to their region, even when it means making sacrifices.

Go to Warri and see how that once thrivung city has now become a glorified shithole all because of this senseless sense of entitlement by youths and community chiefs making endless demands from companies, individuals and governments before carrying out projects. Wake up tour senses bro.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by 7lives: 8:50am On Oct 22, 2019
hammerT:

BUHARI IS THE CAUSE OF HIS PROBLEM, HE STOPPED THE BRIDGE BACK IN 2015, GIVING EXCUSES THAT COMMUNITY NOT PAID, BUT THOSE COMMUNITIES WERE NOT COMPLAINING.

THEN, WEN HE FELT LIKE, HE STARTED THE PROJECT AGAIN, NOW THE COMMUNITIES ARE COMPLAINING BECOS EARLIER HE PROMISED TO PAY THEM MONEY WEN HE FIRST STOPPED THE PROJECT.

BUHARI WANT THE PROJECT TO GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS SOMETHING HE BUILT RATHER THAN GEJ OR ALLOW THE NEXT PRESIDENT TAKE CREDIT FOR IT.

Cry me a river, GEJ should have complete that project but he was too drunk to think.
So Buhari should just complete the project, so that you people can start wailing on another item.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mapet: 8:50am On Oct 22, 2019
edoairways:

BuhariAdvocate: :
We have to do away with that archaic tradition.

Very Archaic and useless tradition. You wonder why "community Youths" are lazy and don't want to work? They want to feast on contractors, companies and govt projects. Check Oil producing communities, their youths are on the average very lazy. When they see the likes of Tompolo, Ayiri Emami and co became billionaires through extortion, why will they not want to tow that line.

If BuhariAdvocate claims that it's "a long tradition in our society", where are the value -returns (hospitals, Schools, quality markets, Water etc) to show for it?
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by labe: 8:51am On Oct 22, 2019
sincerely speaking we Nigerians are our own problem. we always accuse government of irresponsibilities but we stopped them from doing something that will benefit us and our coming generations. Ok if you chase away the contractors now and the project stopped will you be able to face your children that you are part of the people that didnt allow the project to go on. we should not allow politics, ethnics, tradition or religious sentiments cover our face to see good things. wake up my people!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 8:52am On Oct 22, 2019
obailala:
Bros Vitalis what nonsense are you talking about? When did this directionless ipob styled irrational retrogressive chest beating start from you?...

How does any human encourage or defend this madness from communities demanding settlement from contractors?... You were once an ardent apc man, but your parting with apc isnt a reason why you should throw common sense to the wind and start reasoning from the bum like we've seen some ipob members do here frequently. This matter has nothing to do with apc or pdp or buhari or any politician; this is a matter of infrastructural development in a region and a sensible people do whatever it takes to drag development to their region, even when it means making sacrifices.

Go to Warri and see how that once thrivung city has now become a glorified shithole all because of this senseless sense of entitlement by youths and community chiefs making endless demands from companies, individuals and governments before carrying out projects. Wake up tour senses bro.
They are demanding for compensation for their land ...their land

Not settlement ..government can blackmail all they want settle them for their land
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by delpee(f): 8:52am On Oct 22, 2019
I listened to an interview of Honorable Peller who said he moved a project that he intended to another community that was happy to receive it without asking for illegal compensation. That really should be the trend going forward. Greedy community leaders, lazy louts and "owo mi da" touts should learn bitter lessons henceforth.

I learnt from a family that relocated from Warri that the town has retrogressed badly because of this attitude. If you make life difficult for those who can develop your area, you'll be full of regrets later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Igboho Didn’t Want To Flee Nigeria - Monarch / Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" / Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.