Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,663 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors (24813 Views)

Some Of Bola Tinubu's Projects From 1999-2003 (First Term In Office) / Cooking Gas Price Drops, Supply Rises, FG Projects Further Decrease / Tension in the Villa as Buhari threatens to dump 2nd term bid on health grounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by obailala(m): 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

If u can't see the hatred of APC towards Igbo's then u are blind

Would u be happy if ur region is treated like south east
And the FG complaining of communities disturbing contractors is what you now cite as tribal hatred? This is actually coming from a fellow that has spent years casting aspersions on IPOB online warriors; now your reasoning is even becoming worse.

Besides appointments, can you please highlight the so called treatment being meted out to the SE which other regions are not suffering from?
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by alaira(m): 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2019
[s][/s]
eternityk:

Lol
If I were buhari
I will just stop everybody
After all,u are political minorities
Buhari should not say anything again
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by obailala(m): 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

Oga I'm Igbo first before Nigeria ...I can't allow my people to be intimidated
Yes! keep chasing and harassing contractors carrying out infrastructural projects in the region. I guess that's the wisest idea you could come up with to defend Igbo land from perceived enemies #Iberiberism
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 1:21pm On Oct 22, 2019
obailala:

And the FG complaining of communities disturbing contractors is what you now cite as tribal hatred? This is actually coming from a fellow that has spent years casting aspersions on IPOB online warriors; now your reasoning is even becoming worse.

Besides appointments, can you please highlight the so called treatment being meted out to the SE which other regions are not suffering from?
The villagers are demanding to be compensated for their land taken ...and if I don't feel that's the right thing to do then u have a problem

I'm Igbo not ipob ...threatening Igbo's for demanding their right ( compensation for land ) makes Ipob look right after all
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
obailala:

Yes! keep chasing and harassing contractors carrying out infrastructural projects in the region. I guess that's the wisest idea you could come up with to defend Igbo land from perceived enemies #Iberiberism
May all your fathers land be taken from u without compensation for a federal project and may I never have the mouth to complain

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by obailala(m): 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

The villagers are demanding to be compensated for their land taken ...and if I don't feel that's the right thing to do then u have a problem

I'm Igbo not ipob ...threatening Igbo's for demanding their right ( compensation for land ) makes Ipob look right after all
First of all, I asked you why you had to keep tribalising this. This isn't the first time or first place we would hear of host communities complaining of either lack of compensation or insufficient compensation; so I'm not exactly sure why you keep making it sound like it's an Igbo thing, or a deliberate attack on Igbos. All I see in all your comments in this thread is the unfolding of an IPOB reasoning pattern.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2019
obailala:
First of all, I asked you why you had to keep tribalising this. This isn't the first time or first place we would hear of host communities complaining of either lack of compensation or insufficient compensation; so I'm not exactly sure why you keep making it sound like it's an Igbo thing, or a deliberate attack on Igbos. All I see in all your comments in this thread is the unfolding of an IPOB reasoning pattern.
Where has the federal government trying to black mail them
Second Niger bridge is a Right not a privilege ...these are Igbo's threatening them won't work
That's all I said
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by obailala(m): 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

Where has the federal government trying to black mail them
Second Niger bridge is a Right not a privilege ...these are Igbo's threatening them won't work
That's all I said
Oga stop this your continuous tribal chest beating nonsense, it's disgusting. All over Nigeria, when projects are carried out by state and federal governments, host communities always make demands for settlements. Nobody comes out to label it a fight between the FG and their tribe; stop sounding ridiculous by making it a tribal contest with this your "you cannot intimidate Igbo" statement you keep repeating. You keep making it sound like someone is waging war against you, that is just absurd and childish.

Meanwhile you keep talking about FG usurping people's land to build this road, but can you substantiate this claim? Cos when I visit google to check, all I see are host communities demanding more employment for their indigenes or asking Julius Berger to donate one project or the other to their communities. This nonsensical sense of entitlement needs to stop, especially when it begins to involve halting project work; we can't be asking for development and then when development comes, we begin to harass contractors for stipends.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by bangbangall: 2:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Buhari says it will be unfair to accuse Federal Government of marginalising people in terms of projects allocation when local authorities in some states are frustrating contractors.

President Muhammadu Buhari has issued a serious warning to state governments that create unnecessary impediment in the allocation of land for projects or refuse to cooperate with contractors.

The President gave the warning on Saturday, October 19, 2019 in a statement issued by his media aide, Garba Shehu.

Buhari said some local communities in some states frustrate contractors by making impossible demands for land compensations and even go as far as chasing them from sites. He said, “The idea of chasing away contractors on site or making undue demands from them by local communities or the deliberate actions of state governments to frustrate the allocation of lands for federal projects is an antithesis of the people’s welfare.

“To compound matters, contractors kept away from site often make further demands for payment whenever they return to site.” “By denying the federal government lands for projects and creating unnecessary obstacles for the execution of these projects, it may be unfair to turn around and accuse the same Federal Government of marginalising people in terms of projects allocation. “When it comes to the welfare of the people, governments at all levels should be united by the common goal of improving the well being of the people, regardless of political affiliation. “It is, therefore, impossible to spread Federal Government projects when petty demands or politics is allowed to override the higher interest of the people.”

Recall that in September, Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola alleged that some communities in the south-east demanded N100 billion compensation over the construction of Second Niger Bridge.

Meanwhile, President Buhari had directed ministers to resolve all land issues threatening projects under their supervision. He added that if the issues remain unsolved, the project be relocated to other states.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/buhari-threatens-to-relocate-fg-projects-from-states-that-frustrate-contractors/9pw3p9v

For our money again
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Dadaboy: 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

If u have sense u would know they just quoted that figure n open to negotiation ...

Is taking the lands by force right ?
Negotiate what nonsense. Greedy egocentric people
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 2:51pm On Oct 22, 2019
Dadaboy:

Negotiate what nonsense. Greedy egocentric people
May your land be taken by government without compensation
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by IGBOSON1: 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:
Lol u expect Igbo man to give u his land for free ?

Which government takes peoples land without compensation ?

That might be their only land ...we don't have luxury of land like west or north

Who ever told buhari and APC that threats moves an Igbo man is lying to him .,...the more u threaten n intimidate the more determine the Igbo man become .

If u can't compensate the land owners leave the bridge

Hehehehe grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by caracas: 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2019
eternityk:

Are we the one that said Igbo land should be small and tiny?
The se region is not different in size to Oyo state
may be u are right or may be not it doesn’t matter . What matters is development n standard of living. After all two states in Nigeria can be said to be bigger than the whole of England!yet this same England are regarded as our colonial masters n still reign supreme over us.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by caracas: 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2019
alaira:
[s][/s]
No wonder they say “ afonja ajoka “ last time I checked the igbos has more population than Yorubas.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by eternityk: 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2019
caracas:
may be u are right or may be not it doesn’t matter . What matters is development n standard of living. After all two states in Nigeria can be said to be bigger than the whole of England!yet this same England are regarded as our colonial masters n still reign supreme over us.
All these your dumb excuse
Compare England with USA China Russia
Rubbish
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by caracas: 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
eternityk:

All these your dumb excuse
Compare England with USA China Russia
Rubbish
Why go that far?
Lagos the smallest state in Nigeria is richer than 30 states combined, it is also the most developed state
Guy it’s not by landmass its your wealth n productivity that matters .
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2019
Yeah that will be most states in the Niger delta region,
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Basher8583: 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

We don't need as if ur region is more developed than south east

Lol. Just 2 questions.

What are you guys always looking for in SW and North?

Which serious Yoruba or Northerner has ever invested in SE?
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Area4Area: 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

Those whose land are taken are usually compensated by the FG or State government as the case may be but this time, the whole community(ies) want to be compensated, affected or not and who does that?
I'd rather the FG abandon the project completely and let's hear marginalization from a group in the next 10 years.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Area4Area: 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

May all your fathers land be taken from u without compensation for a federal project and may I never have the mouth to complain
Go back and read like a reasonable human, communities want to be compensated whether only two persons are affected is not the problem but the whole community
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Area4Area: 5:46pm On Oct 22, 2019
obailala:
Let him be, we all know him as an IPOB apologist but since he's seen that Biafra is off radar now, he's been begging profusely that the presidency be zoned to the SE
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 5:47pm On Oct 22, 2019
Basher8583:

Lol. Just 2 questions.

To answer u question
Why are there Lebanon's and Chinese even Indians in Nigeria and other poor country ...is Nigeria better than Lebanon or China or India

We sale , we produce so its basic to sight factory near raw material ...thoa we are now moving factory in headquarters back home

IMO has almost same GDP as north east ...yes just IMO state

2) how many foreign investment do u have in iseral ,Germany ,Japan ,India ,China ?
This are enterprising people they take all the opportunities leaving few for investors and a very competitive

There are billions of northern investment in the oil n gas sector in IMO tho
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Area4Area: 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2019
obailala:
Oga stop this your continuous tribal chest beating nonsense, it's disgusting. All over Nigeria, when projects are carried out by state and federal governments, host communities always make demands for settlements. Nobody comes out to label it a fight between the FG and their tribe; stop sounding ridiculous by making it a tribal contest with this your "you cannot intimidate Igbo" statement you keep repeating. You keep making it sound like someone is waging war against you, that is just absurd and childish.

Meanwhile you keep talking about FG usurping people's land to build this road, but can you substantiate this claim? Cos when I visit google to check, all I see are host communities demanding more employment for their indigenes or asking Julius Berger to donate one project or the other to their communities. This nonsensical sense of entitlement needs to stop, especially when it begins to involve halting project work; we can't be asking for development and then when development comes, we begin to harass contractors for stipends.
Let's call on the FG to stop anything on that bridge so that they can cry more
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2019
Area4Area:
Go back and read like a reasonable human, communities want to be compensated whether only two persons are affected is not the problem but the whole community
In Igbo land JJ what affect one affects all the village

So the federal government hasn't compensated owners of the land AND they started a project now u want yo threaten them to submission
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 5:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
Area4Area:
Those whose land are taken are usually compensated by the FG or State government as the case may be but this time, the whole community(ies) want to be compensated, affected or not and who does that?
I'd rather the FG abandon the project completely and let's hear marginalization from a group in the next 10 years.
Its obvious the land is a communal land ....maybe u don't know what it means ...let FG tell us who they compensated for the land so far
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Area4Area: 5:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
Basher8583:

Lol. Just 2 questions.

The person you quoted lives in Uyo, most of them don't stay in the SE
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Area4Area: 5:53pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

To answer u question
Why are there Lebanon's and Chinese even Indians in Nigeria and other poor country ...is Nigeria better than Lebanon or China or India

We sale , we produce so its basic to sight factory near raw material ...thoa we are now moving factory in headquarters back home

IMO has almost same GDP as north east ...yes just IMO state

2) how many foreign investment do u have in iseral ,Germany ,Japan ,India ,China ?
This are enterprising people they take all the opportunities leaving few for investors and a very competitive

There are billions of northern investment in the oil n gas sector in IMO tho
You can't even write in basic English, next time try writing in pidgin
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Area4Area: 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

So the federal government hasn't compensated owners of the land AND they started a project now u want yo threaten them to submission
We'd write to the FG to forget about that bridge for the next 20 years and nobody born of a woman should complain, where have you read that the people directly affected were or were not compensated?
Communities including those affected or not want compensation, the FG should leave the bridge and woe betide anyone who later blames it for abandonment
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Area4Area: 5:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

Its obvious the land is a communal land ....maybe u don't know what it means ...let FG tell us who they compensated for the land so far
Show us proof that it is a communal land
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by wirinet(m): 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

Why must you lie shamelessly. The communities were not protesting against lack of compensation by the FG, they were protesting against the contractor, Julius Berger for some stupid entitlements they feel should be given to them.

2nd Niger Bridge: Workers, host communities protest against contractor

Scores of workers at the ongoing Second Niger Bridge project and host communities in Anambra and Delta states, yesterday, shutdown the Julius Berger Yard office at Bridgehead, Onitsha, demanding the sack of the project director, Fredrick Josef Wiser.

The group protested none compliance of agreement between the host communities and the contractor, Julius Berger on compensation, employment of adhoc staff, skilled and unskilled staff, supplies as well as sack of some workers.

The 10 host communities marched around River Niger Bridgehead and blocked the Berger yard gate with placards of various inscriptions such as: “Wiser must go,” “the Second Niger Bridge project director is highhanded,” “Fashola goofed over the alleged demand of N10 billon for compensation,” “Fashola lied against us,” “Wiser sacked over 90 percent of workers,” “He is a racist, “We demand implementation of Federal Government’s policy on local content from Julius Berger on Second Niger withheld by Wiser,” among others.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunnewsonline.com/2nd-niger-bridge-workers-host-communities-protest-against-contractor-3/amp/

The host community better take over management of Julius Berger or bid and execute the contract themselves.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by Area4Area: 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2019
wirinet:

Why must you lie shamelessly. The communities were not protesting against lack of compensation by the FG, they were protesting against the contractor, Julius Berger for some stupid entitlements they feel should be given to them.

The host community better take over management of Julius Berger or bid and execute the contract themselves.
Leave some of these guys who still suffer from their victim mentality and always hating on the government for anything it does.
We need to petition the FG to stop work on that bridge so that they can rest
Re: Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors by mrvitalis(m): 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2019
Area4Area:
We'd write to the FG to forget about that bridge for the next 20 years and nobody born of a woman should complain, where have you read that the people directly affected were or were not compensated?
Communities including those affected or not want compensation, the FG should leave the bridge and woe betide anyone who later blames it for abandonment
Who are you ? Who knows u

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Igboho Didn’t Want To Flee Nigeria - Monarch / Arik Stowaway, Daniel Ohikhena : “I Am Tired, I Want To Go Home" / Do You Know You Can Contest An Estimated Nepa Bill?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.