Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School (79317 Views)

Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase / 7 Side Hustling You Can Do As A Salary Earner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by nurusystem(m): 6:45am On Oct 24, 2019
Be patient or look for another job....

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 24, 2019
Sabaugo:
Am Dying In Silent! What Do I Do?

I got a work in missionary school. The Reverend sister in charge said I will be on probation for 12 months with #45k take home monthly.

As someone who has been at home for months I just accepted the job. After one week in the office, I found out that the work was heavy on me to the extent that I will go home with lots of them to do at home. I went back to her and pleaded if she can add small money to my salary, so she got angry and told me that they will pay me for the one week I worked for, that they don't need my type of person to work with them, that It seems that I like money too much. I cried that day to the extent that I can't open my eyes very well. She later said that she will give me second chance but she will reduce my salary to 42k.

I wrote an apology letter to her and I specifically told her to forgive for the sake of my mother and my son because am a single mother and am the one taking care of them. When I received the alert, I saw truly that she removed the money.

She doesn't respond to my greetings, other privileges she gave to workers," I no dey smell am",she acknowledged other new workers, she did not call my name.. Please I need advice because am just there because I don't have option. Am dying in silence!

Thanks in anticipation
Drop that Job and get another one.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Abiodunstephen(m): 6:53am On Oct 24, 2019
sorry to say this, but if am your employer I will relief you immediately, you may think it because of money but no.
it show that you are not after work, you are only thinking of money.
just only a week, that is very bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by MrSly(m): 6:54am On Oct 24, 2019
Sabaugo:

I got a work in missionary school. The Reverend sister in charge said I will be on probation for 12 months with #45k take home monthly.

As someone who has been at home for months I just accepted the job. After one week in the office, I found out that the work was heavy on me to the extent that I will go home with lots of them to do at home. I went back to her and pleaded if she can add small money to my salary, so she got angry and told me that they will pay me for the one week I worked for, that they don't need my type of person to work with them, that It seems that I like money too much. I cried that day to the extent that I can't open my eyes very well. She later said that she will give me second chance but she will reduce my salary to 42k.

I wrote an apology letter to her and I specifically told her to forgive for the sake of my mother and my son because am a single mother and am the one taking care of them. When I received the alert, I saw truly that she removed the money.

She doesn't respond to my greetings, other privileges she gave to workers," I no dey smell am",she acknowledged other new workers, she did not call my name.. Please I need advice because am just there because I don't have option. Am dying in silence!

Thanks in anticipation
Your action lacked tact and reason. Requesting for salary increment on probation doesn't give any sign that you work for the growth of the organisation but for money. No employer likes working with such individual. You are lucky she didn't sack you but may still do that if you don't right your wrong withing this time.

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by WHITELIGHTER: 7:10am On Oct 24, 2019
U lots calling the rev sister wicked, if she was actually wicked she would have fired her straight up. She’s just forming strict and doesn’t want over familiarity which was the cause of her demanding for a pay rise just a week into a new job even when on probation. Stop being emotional and making it look like the rev sister is wicked, u caused it. Do u work well and everything will normalize in time.

5 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by successity5(m): 7:21am On Oct 24, 2019
Why did you not work for at least 3 - 6 months before making that request/demand, lack of impatience

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Youngzedd(m): 7:29am On Oct 24, 2019
You're just lucky you were given a second chance.

You're asking for salary increment after one week, and you really mean it

To be frank, many employers out there won't blink an eye to fire someone like you.

You're not worthy of being an employee.

Your attitude sucks.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by micflo28(m): 7:29am On Oct 24, 2019
Op 45k for just teaching is okay na. Keep working hard, keep greeting her, keep apologizing. She will come around someday. What state are you in
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by pixey(m): 7:38am On Oct 24, 2019
Sabaugo:

Thanks in anticipation
I once had such experience but the difference is that I am still single and you are a single mother.The responsibility will be much for you.Join recharge and get paid it is not a scam or some ponzi scheme.Become a vtu agent.This hardship will vanish.I can assure you.If interested whatsapp me on 08027604223 for more insights.

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Evangkatsoulis: 8:00am On Oct 24, 2019
Kylekent59:
If I was she, I would have fired you the next day. It shows you ain't interested in the job, but the money.

You should be grateful you saw a job of 42k, some persons don't even have a job, while others are praying to get any above 40k.

Be diligent in your work and focus.
Err, isn't it because of the money she took the job?
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by emmyabure(m): 8:10am On Oct 24, 2019
My dear, u yab big time. If na u be that rev sis u for sack the person immediately. Na only u apply 4 the job ? I am very sure its no. My mind is telling me u were employed out of sympathy. How mamy schools in 9ja can afford to pay N25k let alone N45k. U are making ur helper look wicked and that is very bad of u. They told u the amount you accepted. For u to make that request show u are very wicked. No body in this life can accept that.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Ryan03(f): 8:16am On Oct 24, 2019
LifeOfTrigga:
And them say yahoo no good, ‘you can never get rich working for somebody else’ And again with that kind of monthly payment, aje bicycle you no fit buy!..
not true
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 24, 2019
emmyabure:
My dear, u yab big time. If na u be that rev sis u for sack the person immediately. Na only u apply 4 the job ? I am very sure its no. My mind is telling me u were employed out of sympathy. How mamy schools in 9ja can afford to pay N25k let alone N45k. U are making ur helper look wicked and that is very bad of u. They told u the amount you accepted. For u to make that request show u are very wicked. No body in this life can accept that.

https://www.nairaland.com/3216858/please-need-job-train-son

I am a graduate studied Accounting in one of the polytechnic. I have a son I gave birth to in my teenage and he will be going to ss1 this September. I am a single mother but what I earn doesn't sustain us again. Please my good co-nairaland help in any way you can connect me with salary of thirty-five thousand and above to train him. Your advice and insult are welcome. Thanks.

/I\ /I\ /I\ /I\

that is op in 2016.

the reverend sister must have had her misgivings about employing a single mother. being poor and having a child out of wedlock in this country is the stamp of a fallen loose woman. that unfortunately is how your average sanctimonious nigerian will describe her.

[ please note that i am not calling the op loose or fallen]. the reverend sister, as the direct supervisor, probbaly had the final say in the op's employment.

this is nigeria, and there are literally thousands of candidates right there in enugu who will jump at that job. candidates without any dependents. the Reverend sister very likely took a look at the OPs circumstances and decided to give her a chance. the fact that the OP still has that job means she has been given a second chance. sadly, she is already blowing it.

for your own sake, keep your head down and find a way to outshine your colleagues. your F-UP means you will have to work twice as hard.

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by oluseguncommand: 8:35am On Oct 24, 2019
I had almost the same experience in my previous job.

My advice is this....try to be enduring any challenge you are facing there until you see a better job...Pls dont quit without getting a new job..
This are part of the challenges we face in life.....In my view, there is no future there.....she deducted your salary just because of that..that is wickedness in the high places..
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Chikaa444: 8:51am On Oct 24, 2019
Those reverend no dey smile oo! No enter their trap next time.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by CoolVoice(m): 8:56am On Oct 24, 2019
Simply put OP you're lazy.. you were lucky to get a job after staying at home for a long time as you claimed and only just one week you're asking for increase? The right thing she's supposed to do is to fire you.

You've not even done 3months. Your attitude towards work is pathetic. You better sit up and put energy to your work.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by seunmohmoh(f): 8:58am On Oct 24, 2019
magicminister:

I like you and I love the way you think.
The woman did absolutely nothing wrong asking for a salary increase. All the school had to do was say “your salary will be reviewed on Bleep date, please be patient until then”. Unfortunately most Nigerians are cowards and preyed on by unprofessional firms.
Yes. Everything is wrong with Nigeria.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by CoolVoice(m): 9:00am On Oct 24, 2019
Just imaging.. I didn't even see this before I called her lazy..

thelastorca:

https://www.nairaland.com/3216858/please-need-job-train-son

/I\ /I\ /I\ /I\

that is op in 2016.

the reverend sister must have had her misgivings about employing a single mother. being poor and having a child out of wedlock in this country is the stamp of a fallen loose woman. that unfortunately is how your average sanctimonious nigerian will describe her.

[ please note that i am not calling the op loose or fallen]. the reverend sister, as the direct supervisor, probbaly had the final say in the op's employment.

this is nigeria, and there are literally thousands of candidates right there in enugu who will jump at that job. candidates without any dependents. the Reverend sister very likely took a look at the OPs circumstances and decided to give her a chance. the fact that the OP still has that job means she has been given a second chance. sadly, she is already blowing it.

for your own sake, keep your head down and find a way to outshine your colleagues. your F-UP means you will have to work twice as hard.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:08am On Oct 24, 2019
7pages:

sis, I Don't know what you want graduate working in factories should say, if you called this workload

people that are jobless like me are ready to even issue 50,000 deposit slip. those that have been jobless like me can relate

just continue doing your work without paying attention to her attitude. I guess she's not giving you face so that you won't bring another complaint. even the new job you might be hoping to get, do you know their conditions and terms?

Mental work is different from physical work and that is the core reason the pay always reflect this.
Four thousand receipts to different names while doing other work is not a mean feat.

Factory worker does just a routine.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Octopusssy(f): 9:24am On Oct 24, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
the rev.sis would probably nod her head in acknowledgement of the greeting,and op might be taking it as she doesn't respond to greeting.
Happy birthday wink smiley
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Alexaonfleek: 9:27am On Oct 24, 2019
Octopusssy:

Happy birthday wink smiley
hey thanks for the wishes cheesy
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Octopusssy(f): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2019
Alexaonfleek:
hey thanks for the wishes cheesy
So where's the party at?
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Kingpele(m): 10:07am On Oct 24, 2019
[quote author=enshi post=83404670]pray she doesn't see this post too

Else that's another 10 deduction[hahaha na firing straight, the girl is lazy, this is attitude of lazy, all they want is money. Less work more money
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Alexaonfleek: 10:18am On Oct 24, 2019
Octopusssy:

So where's the party at?
lol.its in Lagos ooo cheesy grin
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Bigii(m): 10:29am On Oct 24, 2019
Working with catholic institutions is the real modern slavery. Come to Bigard Seminary Enugu and see how they enslaved people. Very wicked set of people. I am speaking out of experience.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by enomakos(m): 10:31am On Oct 24, 2019
in just one week?madam you shall have wait still month ends
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by RapportNaija(m): 11:09am On Oct 24, 2019
7pages:

sis, I Don't know what you want graduate working in factories should say, if you called this workload

people that are jobless like me are ready to even issue 50,000 deposit slip. those that have been jobless like me can relate

just continue doing your work without paying attention to her attitude. I guess she's not giving you face so that you won't bring another complaint. even the new job you might be hoping to get, do you know their conditions and terms?

Nigerians, they don use suffer spoil una life. You ready issue 50,000 slips - until it's you at the end of that suffer. Mtcheew.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by sync(f): 11:14am On Oct 24, 2019
Can you work in Abuja?
send your cv to alphaascentia@gmail.com
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by ChristyB(f): 11:18am On Oct 24, 2019
I don't need to hear from the Sister but say you didn't do well.
An agreement is an agreement, at least finish your probatory period before asking for increment. Just weeks and you're already asking for an increment? She's even nice to have taken you back.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by 7pages(m): 11:26am On Oct 24, 2019
RapportNaija:

Nigerians, they don use suffer spoil una life. You ready issue 50,000 slips - until it's you at the end of that suffer. Mtcheew.

if that's not better than begging people for money online. what can a jobless do in a country that's not moving forward?

you've to endure the time beside it's not a permanent suffering. I can't even get paid of 200k with less heavy work and stay long in someone else work, I have to saved and invest in my own little way

I'm surprise those of you quoting me don't even see fault in someone that accepted a job with terms and conditions even if she wasn't informed of it, she can talk about the work load and not money increment so quick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Myself2(m): 11:40am On Oct 24, 2019
Sabaugo:

Thanks in anticipation

What's with all the "am this , am that ", that's bad grammar, the correct usage is " I'm this, I'm that"

Okay now to your question.
Before you got the job, how were you surviving ? I have no problem with the 45k payment and the 12 months probationary period the Rev Sister offered you, after all you were the one who accepted it so you should at least have waited till the end of the 12 months or close to that.
However to err is human and to forgive is divine, I expect her to understand this moreso when you've shown sufficient remorse and written her a letter of apology.
Ii don't know what kind of test she may be putting you through but previous stories about her type suggest that she could be the mean type and there may not be any pleasant surprise in store for you at the end of this. So my candid advice to you at this juncture is to cut your losses and save whatever is left of your self worth and dignity which this woman appears to be on a mission to destroy. Just resign and look for job elsewhere.
Did I hear you say there are no jobs elsewhere ? okay what will happen to you if tomorrow this woman just ups and sacks you ?? I sense she could jolly well do it.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Ajibade123(m): 11:57am On Oct 24, 2019
op start looking for another job like the job is not meant for him
see how you can achieve customer satisfaction https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-achieve-customer-satisfaction/

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers / Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) / Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.