Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,112 members, 7,828,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School (79324 Views)

Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase / 7 Side Hustling You Can Do As A Salary Earner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by dvkot(m): 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2019
U did wrong Sabaugo u are just weeks in the job and askin for an increment, u should have at least collect first salary. Did you prayed your disicion through?

4 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by oloriLFC(f): 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

Yes. She did but she did not tell the actual no of students. I issued 4,000 deposit slip to students within that one week. I never expected that.
that's how some employers do. They would paint the job and make it look as tho it is less stressful so that you wouldnt ask for a high pay but when you get in, they will nearly kill you with work load.

4 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by wiseone28: 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
So you carry our matter come online?

8 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by nadesh(f): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
Revd sister wicked like this?

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by ofemigeorge(m): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
Well you would have use emotional intelligence. Thats why i like the yoruba people they know how to stylishly getwhatthey want. You went without caution. God will answer our prayers

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Slimmy0: 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:
Am Dying In Silent! What Do I Do?

I got a work in missionary school. The Reverend sister in charge said I will be on probation for 12 months with #45k take home monthly.

As someone who has been at home for months I just accepted the job. After one week in the office, I found out that the work was heavy on me to the extent that I will go home with lots of them to do at home. I went back to her and pleaded if she can add small money to my salary, so she got angry and told me that they will pay me for the one week I worked for, that they don't need my type of person to work with them, that It seems that I like money too much. I cried that day to the extent that I can't open my eyes very well. She later said that she will give me second chance but she will reduce my salary to 42k.

I wrote an apology letter to her and I specifically told her to forgive for the sake of my mother and my son because am a single mother and am the one taking care of them. When I received the alert, I saw truly that she removed the money.

She doesn't respond to my greetings, other privileges she gave to workers," I no dey smell am",she acknowledged other new workers, she did not call my name.. Please I need advice because am just there because I don't have option. Am dying in silence!

Thanks in anticipation

Salary increase after one wwek??... What were you expecting? You re on probation don't forget, it means you cant do the job.
If you cant work for six months to prove your value to the organization why would they increase your pay.

Show them what you have to offer first. Ask for salary increase after your probation period.
Read your organization HR policy first before demanding for anything.

Do your Job and ignore your boss.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Korllami007: 8:34pm On Oct 23, 2019
I think the most wicked set of people on heart is over religious people. This people holy books they read every day was authored by Hitler

6 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by madridsta007(m): 8:35pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

I got a work in missionary school. The Reverend sister in charge said I will be on probation for 12 months with #45k take home monthly.

As someone who has been at home for months I just accepted the job. After one week in the office, I found out that the work was heavy on me to the extent that I will go home with lots of them to do at home. I went back to her and pleaded if she can add small money to my salary, so she got angry and told me that they will pay me for the one week I worked for, that they don't need my type of person to work with them, that It seems that I like money too much. I cried that day to the extent that I can't open my eyes very well. She later said that she will give me second chance but she will reduce my salary to 42k.

I wrote an apology letter to her and I specifically told her to forgive for the sake of my mother and my son because am a single mother and am the one taking care of them. When I received the alert, I saw truly that she removed the money.

She doesn't respond to my greetings, other privileges she gave to workers," I no dey smell am",she acknowledged other new workers, she did not call my name.. Please I need advice because am just there because I don't have option. Am dying in silence!

Thanks in anticipation

1. Asking for a salary increase after a week is unheard of. In certain places, you would have been sacked right away. The HR process is still quite fresh so they can easily call the second or third best candidate to replace you. Probation gives them that freedom to easily do that.
2. If we want to be objective, how she behaves is a consequence of your behaviour and should be analysed on the basis of that.
3. Your decision-making going forward should be pragmatic and logical. Not emotional.Going to resign is simply acting on the emotion of anger. You realise that you would sit at home for a while once you resign?
4. Get back to work and work so hard, with a smile and be very effective at what you do. I am sure when she sees that, she will increase your salary back to N45,000.
5. After 3-6 months of such consistent hard work, ask for an increase. [Private] Organisations pay for value, increase salaries on value and not on "how you react on your first week".

All the best. Hope it goes well for you.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by SaintLucia: 8:35pm On Oct 23, 2019
Hope you didn't write ABILITY TO WORK UNDER PRESSURE in your CV?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by oscarvicto(m): 8:37pm On Oct 23, 2019
please whats the name of the organization and location? hope its not where am thinking...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by LifeOfTrigga(m): 8:37pm On Oct 23, 2019
And them say yahoo no good, ‘you can never get rich working for somebody else’ And again with that kind of monthly payment, aje bicycle you no fit buy!..

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by enshi(m): 8:37pm On Oct 23, 2019
lalasticlala:

Lol

I am thrilled sir... Your quote is golden ...

Baba enu gbe ooh .. At all at all

4 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2019
One of the reasons I opted to be self employed. Walai I cannot take shit from another human being. Best I be my own boss and treat myself how I want.

@Op you stronger than you know. You can play the fool to simply keep getting ur salary and kindly keep applying for a better job

3 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by ednut1(m): 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2019
I would have paid you and sacked you

5 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Goalnaldo(m): 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2019
Your thread don reach promise land sabaugo
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by lalasticlala(m): 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2019
SaintLucia:
Hope you didn't write ABILITY TO WORK UNDER PRESSURE in your CV?

Lol

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by LifeOfTrigga(m): 8:39pm On Oct 23, 2019
koikoi2:
Take my number and call me. I will arrange a job of at least #120k per month for you.

Naija Blue film industry bah? How much you Dey collect wey you wan arrange work for person of 120k. Kidnapper

11 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by content208: 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

I got the job by merit and she is the superior. No other person I can report to except the Archbishop and I don't want to take it that level. Thank you

If you report to the archbishop, you may regret it. These rev sr. are connected with the Rev frs and Monsignors. They can use these connections to work against you. At the end of the day, it will be your word against theirs. You won't be fighting just one rev sr anymore; you will now be fighting agaubt the entire archdiocese. I have worked in a Catholic mission hospital before and I know what goes on among these priests and religious. Be careful sis. Can you give me your contact? I'll love to be your friend.

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by sapientia(m): 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2019
Common.

Even if its less than a day.

She told a mother superior.

The mother superior is human but a mother superior.

And after reducing her salary, she doesn't talk to her?

Common guys.

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Wantedmiller: 8:41pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

Yes. She did but she did not tell the actual no of students. I issued 4,000 deposit slip to students within that one week. I never expected that.

Will this happen every week?

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by CaptainMitch: 8:41pm On Oct 23, 2019
If you asked me for an increase in salary within a week, I will fire you without looking back.

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Geonigga(m): 8:41pm On Oct 23, 2019
U are in a wrong place just keep searching for work else where while it last.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Trueigbo: 8:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
She try by accepting u back.

Put in more effort to win her over. Let your work speak for you

4 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Octopusssy(f): 8:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
After one week? You should have waited three months before asking for salary increase.

You fall hand and your actions made you lose favour in her sight. Just quietly keep doing your job diligently without complaining. It's not easy but at this point you have no choice.

Keep greeting the hypocrite of a 'Reverend Mother' even if she doesn't acknowledge because the day you don't, she will raise it and use it against you. That's how their type behave. They call God with their lips but their heart is far from him.

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by TundeCole(m): 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
Although you asked too early for a pay rise, but you can still correct the negative impression and reaction you are getting from her now. If you ask me how, i would advice you to stop trying to show how sorry you are to her, pretend as if nothing ever happened, greet her like you've always been doing whenever your paths crosses, even if she ignores your greetings, still greet her. Most importantly, focus on your work there and make sure your impact is felt.

She'll be convinced sooner that you're an invaluable asset that needs every encouragement and motivation necessary to move a company forward. By then, you wouldn't need to be asking for a pay rise, the company will consider a need to review your salary.

Lobatan cool!!!!

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Onliie(m): 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

Thanks in anticipation
No one can try that with me. I'm an asset. Especially in teaching line
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Wantedmiller: 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2019
LifeOfTrigga:

Naija Blue film industry bah? How much you Dey collect wey you wan arrange work for person of 120k. Kidnapper

Na because of the single mother she mentioned!

person wey never give himself work.... wan give another person.

5 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
enshi:

I am thrilled sir... Your quote is golden ...

Baba enu gbe ooh .. At all at all
Yimu

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers / Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) / Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.