Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School (79323 Views)

Lagos Workers Get 20% Salary Increase, LASG To Implement From January 2023 / Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase / 7 Side Hustling You Can Do As A Salary Earner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
please leave the job so a serious person can take it
what an outrageous sense of entitlement

you have not even completed probation and you are demanding more money
you have not added any value to the company, you have not demonstrated in any meaningful way that you are a star worker, and you are demanding extra

have you taken a loot at the favorite workers and figured out what they do and how they do it?

na the woman eff up - she should have sacked you right there and then
you want to know why she is looking at you with bad eye - because she is disappointed and disgusted with you
she sees you and wonders what ridiculous demand you will come with tomorrow
she wonders how they made such an error of judgment during your interview
she wants you to know you are in her bad books ad that you better perform and redeem yourself in her eyes

just know that you have spoilt ground for anyone with a similar background to yours in the future

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by CaptainMitch: 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
I want to work for you, anything for me dear?
AwkaetitiBabe:
One of the reasons I opted to be self employed. Walai I cannot take shit from another human being. Best I be my own boss and treat myself how I want.

@Op you stronger than you know. You can play the fool to simply keep getting ur salary and kindly keep applying for a better job
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by kobosmart(m): 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
Abeg call her bluff and leave the job jare, the way she is going she may still fire you in the end
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
well done for the headmistress.... i wouldnt have done anything different.

you accepted a job, accepted 12months probation, accepted the salary they were offering.... and not even after a month, you already expect a raise?! kai! you better keep quiet and focus on your job, since you have been unemployed for a while, and have responsibilities.

10 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Wantedmiller: 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
Truth of the matter is that...... your boss didn't shock you rather you shocked your boss with salary increment within one week.

13 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Trueigbo: 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
Octopusssy:
After one week? You should have waited three months before asking for salary increase.

You fall hand and your actions made you lose favour in her sight. Just quietly keep doing your job diligently without complaining. It's not easy but at this point you have no choice. Keep greeting the hypocrite of a 'Reverend Mother' even if she doesn't acknowledge because the day you don't, she will raise it and use it against you. That's how their type behave. They call God with their lips but their heart is far from him.

The Rev is not a hypocrite. How can you get a job in a bank and tell HR to increase salary because you close late just after one week.

People must have adviced her wrongly

11 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

Thank you for your sincere advice. Am working towards that.

Well, If ur story is as u highlighted it: Tell her to go fvck herself... I mean it....

Why would u let anyone treat u like thrash and u soak it up like that?

Is she giving u free money?
Aren't you being paid for the values you bring to the organization?

You haven't found a job sis. U had better started searching for a new job. Now, when u find a new job[b]I repeat: Tell her to go fvck herself[/b].
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by bobkezel(m): 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
Reverend sisters?
Very wicked set of people.
They will be smiling with you outside, but relate with them inside you will see devil himself.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by eki2000(m): 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
The truth is that you messed up. Some people wouldn't give you a second chance. Never show desperation for money. Nobody will like to deal with you. Since you are the cause of your problem, I think you need to go extra miles like trying to help her in some duties, be around her and always greet her with a smile. That way she will feel that you are remorseful for behaving like a kid. Next time learn to adapt and move on, life is so difficult and jobs of that amount are getting scarce.

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by franchasng: 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:
Am Dying In Silent! What Do I Do?

I got a work in missionary school. The Reverend sister in charge said I will be on probation for 12 months with #45k take home monthly.

As someone who has been at home for months I just accepted the job. After one week in the office, I found out that the work was heavy on me to the extent that I will go home with lots of them to do at home. I went back to her and pleaded if she can add small money to my salary, so she got angry and told me that they will pay me for the one week I worked for, that they don't need my type of person to work with them, that It seems that I like money too much. I cried that day to the extent that I can't open my eyes very well. She later said that she will give me second chance but she will reduce my salary to 42k.

I wrote an apology letter to her and I specifically told her to forgive for the sake of my mother and my son because am a single mother and am the one taking care of them. When I received the alert, I saw truly that she removed the money.

She doesn't respond to my greetings, other privileges she gave to workers," I no dey smell am",she acknowledged other new workers, she did not call my name.. Please I need advice because am just there because I don't have option. Am dying in silence!

Thanks in anticipation
Why would you wake up and go to your employer after one week of employment to ask for pay raise, did you think the employer is your boyfriend that you wake up and ask for money anyhow just because he had sex with you longer than he used to in the past

You need to learn work ethics during this your second chance, thank your stars its a missionary workplace, if not, you would have been back on the market angry angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by kelvnigeria(m): 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
At the moment that you dont have an option, take this as a challenge. Dont forget, if you continue with the feelings of hurt, you will burn out and end up losing the job or doing something bad. If I may advice, put behind you what have happened and develop a new attitude of " I am going to give my best and enjoy this job" sooner or later things might start to change. Remember it all depends on you. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
CaptainMitch:
I want to work for you, anything for me dear?
I wanna work for you As per the sailor wwy u be.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
Till you had an issue with religious people you will end up questioning the God they serve, most of them are unforgiving
Sabaugo:

I got a work in missionary school. The Reverend sister in charge said I will be on probation for 12 months with #45k take home monthly.

As someone who has been at home for months I just accepted the job. After one week in the office, I found out that the work was heavy on me to the extent that I will go home with lots of them to do at home. I went back to her and pleaded if she can add small money to my salary, so she got angry and told me that they will pay me for the one week I worked for, that they don't need my type of person to work with them, that It seems that I like money too much. I cried that day to the extent that I can't open my eyes very well. She later said that she will give me second chance but she will reduce my salary to 42k.

I wrote an apology letter to her and I specifically told her to forgive for the sake of my mother and my son because am a single mother and am the one taking care of them. When I received the alert, I saw truly that she removed the money.

She doesn't respond to my greetings, other privileges she gave to workers," I no dey smell am",she acknowledged other new workers, she did not call my name.. Please I need advice because am just there because I don't have option. Am dying in silence!

Thanks in anticipation
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by alezzy13: 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2019
@Op, others have said it.

Yes the work load might have been higher, but you should have waited till month end, AT THE VERY LEAST.

TBH, Barely a week and you already asking for a raise says a lot about you.
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by ijustdey: 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
@Sabaugo

asking for pay rise on the first week is wrong and bad....

if during negotiations you accepted the offer, you are to prove for a pay rise through your hard work, dedication and positive mind set

pay rise doesn't come by mouth but by your output.

4 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by ctleurocollege: 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

I got the job by merit and she is the superior. No other person I can report to except the Archbishop and I don't want to take it that level. Thank you

Hope you're ready to work? be focused and stop complaining
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Colb461: 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
I don,t want to be a judge here bt truth be told that reverend sis no try sha..i wonder if she does read the bible backward....

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Vikynas: 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
OluwaWizzy:
Sorry about whatever you are going through in your workplace.

How did you get the job? Referral or
When you were offered the job, didn't you get the job brief or JD that will help you determine your work activities/load.

Again, who is the head at the place you work? If the said lady reports to a superior then you should talk to the superior.

those sisters are heartless...o Devils on the pulpit
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Colb461: 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
I don,t want to be a judge here bt truth be told that reverend sis no try sha..i wonder if she practice what she teach....
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Trueigbo: 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
kobosmart:
Abeg call her bluff and leave the job jare, the way she is going she may still fire you in the end

No the Rev took her back considering her mother and son. She can win her over by her performance. She should the extra mile

3 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by seunmohmoh(f): 8:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
1 week is quite early but what's done is done. F*ck the woman,f*ck the salary, f*ck the missionary school, f*ck the owner, f*ck the country.

From 45k to 42k because someone said her mind. What manner of f*uckery is this? Op, try searching for another job ASAP . She might still reduce when she sees you as a weak person.

Get out of there ASAP.

4 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Kylekent59: 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
If I was she, I would have fired you the next day. It shows you ain't interested in the job, but the money.

You should be grateful you saw a job of 42k, some persons don't even have a job, while others are praying to get any above 40k.

Be diligent in your work and focus.

2 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Enyimbamercedes: 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
How much increase did you ask for?
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by kizwid(m): 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
mkoabiola:
L
If u are in Lagos...
So sorry to hear this.

I gat a chop of 60K for u.....

please, should incase there is offer for 2, please let God put smile on my cheeks through you, am sick and tired of sitting at home, i studied elect elect, please i can do any work to overcome this depression.
my contact is 08032167306...
God bless you
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by alezzy13: 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
franchasng:
Why would you wake up and go to your employer after one week of employment to ask for pay raise, did you think the employer is your boyfriend that you wake up and ask for money anyhow just because he had sex with you longer than he used to in the past

You need to learn work ethics during this your second chance, thank your stars its a missionary workplace, if not, you would have been back on the market angry angry

Shuo!! shocked easy naa

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
Octopusssy:
After one week? You should have waited three months before asking for salary increase.

You fall hand and your actions made you lose favour in her sight. Just quietly keep doing your job diligently without complaining. It's not easy but at this point you have no choice. Keep greeting the hypocrite of a 'Reverend Mother' even if she doesn't acknowledge because the day you don't, she will raise it and use it against you. That's how their type behave. They call God with their lips but their heart is far from him.

how is the woman a hypocrite?

would you have done anything differently if a new employee started asking for raise within a week?
someone has not even completed orientation, has not even bothered to observe the company culture
someone who has not even demonstrated any competence per se
they should sack her and cut their losses

she has not even bothered to observe company finances and cash flow.

8 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Trueigbo: 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
Colb461:
I don,t want to be a judge here bt truth be told that reverend sis no try sha..i wonder if she practice what she teach....

You believe her story without hearing from the Rev. She is lucky to still have the job. Do that in a bank or corporate firm .......you know what will happen

3 Likes

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Colb461: 8:51pm On Oct 23, 2019
I don,t want to be a judge here bt truth be told that reverend sis no try sha..i wonder if she practice what she teach..
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Trueigbo: 8:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
Vikynas:
those sisters are heartless...o Devils on the pulpit

Don't judge based on one sided story

1 Like

Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by jcross19: 8:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
Sabaugo:

Thanks in anticipation
when you see them with their sister cloths you think they are angels but they are worst than beast ! wolves under the sheep's clothing. where is forgiveness? where is pardon? .
Re: After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 23, 2019
to be honest my dear ure too arrogant and greedy to ask for salary increment within the first week.probably advice for friends. my advice to u, do u job avoid any contact with her,prove to her ure hard working and believe me she will put back ur 45k even with more pay. but stay away from the company of bad adviser

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers / Debby Johnson: Nigerian Lady In The US Army (Pics) / Female Soldier 'Who Is Too Pretty' For The Work She Does Speaks (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.