Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,315 members, 7,829,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army (48959 Views)

Proforce Delivers 20 MRAP To Chad Republic / President Buhari Commissions Made-in-Nigeria “Ezugwu” MRAP Vehicles / Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Local made seems to be the thing now

This one looks very solid and battle ready. It l[oks like something that will scare the hell out of the enemy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Toju200(m): 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
noisy45:
Nonsense that boko boys will blow off with RPG of MANPAD grin
ordinary a MRAP can't stand a RPG round..But before BHT will think of firing the sight of Ezugwu will send cold to there bones

2 Likes

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by wwwihy: 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2019
Autoreport keep it up

1 Like

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
LordAzubuike:
Something wey Boko Haram go soon brutalize.

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by portplus: 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2019
Toju200:
That drone was not completed.it was a research to look more into drone technology..the finished product is tsaigumi UAV.

Okay..
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Ayoefa: 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
[[s]quote author=sonnie10 post=83453095]I don’t know what Nigeria would have been like without the Igbo. [/quote][/s]

A much better society without a doubt.

1 Like

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Okoroawusa: 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
portplus:
Good one! But where is the locally built drone commissioned by GEJ?
Join the army you will see it

1 Like

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by voltron14: 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
noisy45:
Nonsense that boko boys will blow off with RPG of MANPAD grin

Support Boko Haram while we support the Nigerian Armed Forces.

7 Likes

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
ainas247:
shocked Nice one.. this is a type of news I want to hear

Rank your website on Google fast, chat up now

Deployed.
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by batstan(m): 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
Great
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Ferdinand40: 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
we need ajaokuta fully running
[/s]
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Jaqenhghar: 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2019
portplus:
Good one!
But where is the locally built drone commissioned by GEJ?
Buhari commissioned it again
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Jaqenhghar: 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2019
Later you will see videos of BH memebrs using it to drift

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by sonnie10: 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
Ayoefa:
[[s]quote author=sonnie10 post=83453095]I don’t know what Nigeria would have been like without the Igbo. [/s]

Look at Benin republic which is an off shot of SW and Niger republic which is an extension of North, then you would understand

8 Likes

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by RTSC: 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
It would be very unfortunate if this beast falls into boko hands.
I hope to see massive assembly of this from DICON.

If they can't create the volume, they can just contract it to innoson and give them the design and specification.

God bless Igbo ingenuity. Quality human capital.

7 Likes

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
I'm yet to spot the 12.7 mm anti aircraft fire!
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by luluosas(m): 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
Boko Haram's end is in sight. Kudos to the Nigerian Army for this awesome work
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
Proffdada:
One rpg will do the trick grin
I only hope it's not a death trap
There's room for improvement in entering and emergency exits though.and also needs heavy artillery
if the Armour is thick enough, there'll be no problem about that!
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by farem: 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
portplus:
Good one!
But where is the locally built drone commissioned by GEJ?

Search WELL for it online!
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by uuzba(m): 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Local made seems to be the thing now
Don't say it like that, "Local Made"
Say it as "Made in Nigeria"....
Using the word, "Local" seems like you are intending to discredit the product/makers.
Chinese inside China still call all their products, "Made in China"! And they say it with pride.

3 Likes

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
Ayoefa:
[[s]quote author=sonnie10 post=83453095]I don’t know what Nigeria would have been like without the Igbo. [/s]

Why then are you hesitant to actualize it
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by noisy45(m): 2:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
Toju200:
ordinary a MRAP can't stand a RPG round..But before BHT will think of firing the sight of Ezugwu will send cold to there bones

Pls I have a video of what an RPG did to a Russian T-90 armored tank in syria. RPG-29 will scatter that nonsense of Naija built MRAP. grin
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Toju200(m): 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
noisy45:

Pls I have a video of what an RPG did to a Russian T-90 armored tank in syria. RPG-29 will scatter that nonsense of Naija built MRAP. grin
Didn't u get what I said..An MRAP can NOT stand a RPG round..
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by wasuka14(m): 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
This is beautiful coming from Nigeria army. We need to show d world too that we have inbuilt military power. I think one of the advantage of #BH war is that, is going to make our military more stronger, and powerful. Who believe #NigeriaArmy can do this b4. But with difficulties encountered with #BH war, their brain is resetting in a positive way. Kudos to #NigeriaArmy on this. More development to come. Very soon we are going to manufacture our own war planes, and not going to depend on Russia or American which won't come for 4yrs.
AutoReportNG:
Charity they say begins from home, the Nigerian Army is set to unveil some locally manufactured Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle to the public. According to the press release by the Nigerian Army, the vehicle was designed and built by Command Engineering Depot in collaboration with the Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria. It is named ‘EZUGWU MRAP’

The 4x4 Armoured Vehicle is designed to carry out transportation in smooth and rough terrain. It has the capability to assault with a high volume of fire.

The primary armament includes a 12.7 mm Anti-Aircraft Gun and a 7.62 mm Light Machine Gun. It is good for counter-terrorism, maintenance of stability and also a perfect vehicle for urban warfare.

The vehicle is characterized by good protection performance, strong cross-country capability, high reliability, easy maintenance, and can operate in the severe cold as well as sweltering desert areas.

It carries a crew of 12: commander, driver, two gunners, and eight soldiers.

These are images of the MRAP that the Army put on display...

[img]https://1.bp..com/-FZ-uGDdBGeQ/XbLG3jFU1QI/AAAAAAAAhjg/f25dQ_M9a0g5qcYPdC-ZtY2OUGGQ_d3YwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Dicon-Ezugwu-mrap-military-africa-800x445.jpeg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-MbLGbrxv6hk/XbLG2KsbUhI/AAAAAAAAhjU/c6hsx8BDtC06K-6ve7kCDDobuf85AQSNACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/73322422_2235473223231657_7622573842292015104_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-FDPDtlAHb3Y/XbLG2bSO5lI/AAAAAAAAhjY/Sw9iAFeMGjAnFJFEmkbMw9Yb97FHaJrbACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/75369304_2235473213231658_4027825552869031936_n.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/10/see-nigerian-made-mine-resistant-ambush.html
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by noisy45(m): 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
Toju200:

I know
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by RTSC: 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2019
Toju200:
An mrap is for mines protection.

More military men have died from hidden mines than from RPGs.

Bokoharam hides mines for our soldiers on the battlefield as an ambush tactic.
If it can stop such death, then the job is done.

Though I would expect them to improve the RPG resistance capability as time goes on and increase the gun power.

1 Like

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
Gforce2015:
Why yeast name ?
Just a question , anyway...
Simple! It's The brain-child of the Igbos! The only thing your people from the WASTE/west of Nigeria know is tribalism! Nothing good can come from the WASTE!

10 Likes

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by SmartyPants(m): 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2019
sonnie10:

Look at Benin republic which is an off shot of SW and Niger republic which is an extension of North, then you would understand

Largely agree on the north.

But the South West was well exposed and the different approach of the British to the French meant that at the time of independence, had the southwest been left on its own, ti would likely have prospered. The reality is reflected in the state of the various regions today.
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Toju200(m): 2:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
RTSC:

An mrap is for mines protection.

More military men have died from hidden mines than from RPGs.

Bokoharam hides mines for our soldiers on the battlefield as an ambush tactic.
If it can stop such death, then the job is done.

Though I would expect them to improve the RPG resistance capability as time goes on and increase the gun power.
I know MRAP are specifically for Mine protection and ambushes too.But if it should withstand RPG.Then it must have to be heavier than a tank due to it's armor.A RPG is made specifically to counter tanks
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by nick50(m): 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
Igbo amaka
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by degamemaster(m): 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2019
Kingv:
If we continue like this, all the Naija NAY-SAYERS must hide in SHAME

We will be great again

You're living in a fool's paradise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Poses With His Son, Yusuf At The Presidential Villa. Photos / Oba Okunade Sijuwade Flaunts His Painted Nails During Jonathan's Visit / Donald Trump Welcomes President Buhari To The White House (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.