Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army (48963 Views)

Proforce Delivers 20 MRAP To Chad Republic / President Buhari Commissions Made-in-Nigeria “Ezugwu” MRAP Vehicles / Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by masterP042(m): 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2019
uuzba:

Don't say it like that, "Local Made"
Say it as "Made in Nigeria"....
Using the word, "Local" seems like you are intending to discredit the product/makers.
Chinese inside China still call all their products, "Made in China"! And they say it with pride.
You're the one that need a change in orientation. You've associated the word local to be inferior, substandard and backward. People in china don't see local that way, cos almost everything they use is locally made, and they appreciate it. Made in china is just for export purpose.

1 Like

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by cenaman(m): 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
It was on display at the just concluded abuja trade fair.
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Absoj(m): 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
sonnie10:

You have never crossed Cotonou boarder. People that are still using Vesper tricycle for transportation, selling petrol in beer bottles and exchanging money on market stalls like ele erun, is better than SE?
The only source of occupation for the young people in Benin Republic is Okada riding and helping Nigerians to drive their tokumbo vehicle across boarders. These are the people you want compare with yourself?
Go to their boarder with Togo, their police and immigrations are pan handling waiting for foreigners to drop whatever they wish for them.
Thanks bro. Seems most people cant see or do anything without attacking g tribal sentiments. Barely naming an equipment after a general gave it out as an invention that originated from the tribe. Imagine!

1 Like

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Absoj(m): 5:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
Jimi24:

What Igbo ingenuity?
Gen Ezugwu is NOT an engineer. He performed very well in operations against Boko Haram and he organized defence industry well BUT he did not participate in the technical aspects of this. He was honoured for his performance as a soldier by naming this vehicle after him

Thanks bro. Seems most people cant see or do anything without attaching g tribal sentiments. Barely naming an equipment after a general gave it out as an invention that originated from the tribe. Imagine!. So a narrow minded person would believe the aircraft carrier Franklin Roosevelt belongs to the man or made by a Texan..Tribalism is really keeping us caged in our thoughts.

1 Like

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by slimthugchimee2(m): 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2019
noisy45:
Nonsense that boko boys will blow off with RPG or MANPAD grin

Manpads? For a ground vehicle, are you OK? By the way, where do they want to get manpads from?

1 Like

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by israelmao(m): 6:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
The more they hate them the more progressive they are.
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Chimdi22(m): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2019
Nice
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Olisehinnocent: 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2019
Na igbo man build am. Ezugwu is igbo name!!!. Igbo amaka!!!

1 Like

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Olisehinnocent: 7:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
Afonjas when they heard that Ezugwu is an igbo name grin grin grin

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2019
Proffdada:
One rpg will do the trick grin
I only hope it's not a death trap
There's room for improvement in entering and emergency exits though.and also needs heavy artillery
They didn't provide any info about the ballistics protection and the armour of the vehicle and you're already claiming it can be destroyed by an RPG. It this exact MRAP was provided by the US, you would've rushed to praise it

1 Like

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by uuzba(m): 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2019
masterP042:

You're the one that need a change in orientation. You've associated the word local to be inferior, substandard and backward. People in china don't see local that way, cos almost everything they use is locally made, and they appreciate it. Made in china is just for export purpose.

Local is all over this website.
Eg: that image of "Local man is tired...."
Local has always been used as inferior something.
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Tomiwa69(m): 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2019
LordAzubuike:
Something wey Boko Haram go soon brutalize.

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by stansaintly(m): 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2019
Gforce2015:
Why yeast name ?
Just a question , anyway...

Bigot, it's because they're brain behind it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by engrchykae(m): 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

we need ajaokuta fully running

The West knows should we move to a steel based economy Nigerians would take over just like we did in entertainment

you too get sense.
Too much of everything is bad.
Of course except too much sense
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by CORRECTMAN788: 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2019
shocked
Gforce2015:
Why yeast name ?

it should have been built by an Igboman and given a Yellobar name?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Putin007: 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by masterP042(m): 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2019
uuzba:

Local is all over this website.
Eg: that image of "Local man is tired...."
Local has always been used as inferior something.
Then u need to free your mind from colonialism.
Whenever u see the word local, replace it with the synonym "indigenous". It can help u appreciate the word local, and know that it doesn't always mean inferior.
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Greenback: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
MINE resistant!?!? That's good news o! Lzaa immhotep we can now travel to oshogbo!

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by NGpatriot: 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2019
Cutealexio:
Proforce Vehicles also are being used by the military in Maiduguri. All government agencies should be made to use made in Nigeria vehicles

They need to just save their energy and pump money into Proforce to scale up for the military and even export market.

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by LZAA: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2019
Greenback:
MINE resistant!?!? That's good news o! Lzaa immhotep we can now travel to oshogbo!

grin
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Proffdada: 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

They didn't provide any info about the ballistics protection and the armour of the vehicle and you're already claiming it can be destroyed by an RPG. It this exact MRAP was provided by the US, you would've rushed to praise it
US and Nigerian products which one goes through rigorous testing to ensure safety before trials? Like I said,there's still room for improvement
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Callmeazmarshal(m): 11:33pm On Oct 25, 2019
Great Job Done
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by PAQ(m): 12:45am On Oct 26, 2019
Gforce2015:
Why yeast name ?

Bros one Naijeriya,
Yeast name
Awusa operator
South south fuel
Yoruba (kazim) mechanic

1 Like

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by DavidEsq(m): 8:02am On Oct 26, 2019
Are the tires mine-proof also? Would they be able to keep the vehicle from toppling over in the event of a mine impact? If u have read "the family" by Mario Puzo, u would what Leonardo da Vinci did to a formidably walled city.
As an aside, i would really love to know how Cyrus drained the artificial waters that surrounded and protected babylon from intruders. Just think about the architectural work in constricting that city, babylon. History is a good read but thanks to the Sultan Mehmet and his illiterate soldiers who destroyed all the reserve of that knowledge in the capture of constantinople.

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Franking: 8:35am On Oct 26, 2019
sonnie10:
I don’t know what Nigeria would have been like without the Igbo.

That's why they are scared of letting them leave. But it's only a matter of time.
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Franking: 8:36am On Oct 26, 2019
PAQ:

Bros one Naijeriya,
Yeast name
Awusa operator
South south fuel
Yoruba (kazim) mechanic

Which Hausa operator? Do those ones know anything?
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by KayCee92(m): 8:43am On Oct 26, 2019
jayextra:
Mbok test it first grin

BH boys:

If this same thing was made by the US many will rush to praise it...... Inferiority complex is a terrible thing cheesy
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by Amudeneogu: 8:50am On Oct 26, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The only appealing thing about this nonsense is its name.
criticized them when they did bad thing but praise them when they did good thing I thank God that they will be able to produce this equipment.
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by jayextra(m): 8:58am On Oct 26, 2019
KayCee92:

If this same thing was made by the US many will rush to praise it...... Inferiority complex is a terrible thing cheesy

i don't remember asking for ur opinion...gtfoh!

Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by ConqueredWest: 9:18am On Oct 26, 2019
Toju200:
I know MRAP are specifically for Mine protection and ambushes too.But if it should withstand RPG.Then it must have to be heavier than a tank due to it's armor.A RPG is made specifically to counter tanks

It doesn't need to be thick to counter RPG

The following can improve it's armor

1) Reactive armor.

2) Angle 60° degrees Curved/Slanted body shape.

3) Molten copper resistant materials eg ceramic armor.

4) Spinning plates attached to Angle 60° Curved/Slanted body shape.
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by ChaosMagus: 10:22am On Oct 26, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Naija made seems to be the thing now

See more of the photos below...

https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/10/see-nigerian-made-mine-resistant-ambush.html

Of course... When you finish export it to the same countries you disrespectful closed your borders on.
Re: EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army by portplus: 10:24am On Oct 26, 2019
Bellotelli:

GEJ Stole it grin grin grin
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abductor Of Kankara Schoolboys, Auwal Daudawa Shot Dead / Donald Trump Welcomes President Buhari To The White House (PHOTOS) / Ademola Adeleke Wins Osun PDP Governorship Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.