Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,132 members, 7,835,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? (25287 Views)

Of All Messi’s Photos, These Two Are The Most Heart Breaking For Certain Fans / Emiliano Sala: His Sister Posts Heart Breaking Tribute / 10 Worst Goalkeepers Mistakes In Football History (funny) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by RenHub: 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
Some of my top most heartbreaking moment in football.

USA 1994: NIGERIA VS ITALY
Just as discussed on a thread here yesterday, Roberto Baggio gave me heart attack that day which took few days before i could recover.

Ghana/Nigeria 2000( Cup of Nation ) : CAMEROUN VS NIERIA .... FINAL
Immediately Victor Ikpeba penalty was disallow my BP nearly cut, it was a very sad Sunday evening.

SYDNEY 2000 ( OLYMPIC FOOTBALL GAME )
Nigeria Vs Chile
This particular match every Nigeria sport papers tagged Agali vs Zamarano tongue Victor Agali was our Ahmed Musa of that tournament tongue Chile beat us like small pickin and i cannot forget that morning.

Trinidad and Tobago 2001 ( FIFA U-17 )

One of the best Nigeria outing in junior level. This tournament produce Nigeria player like Femi Opabunmi, Temile, Sambo and co shocked Due to time difference, every match for this tournament is midnight Nigeria time. Chai, futbol don suffer me tongue
Our opening match was against France which we won but they revenge for Final whooping us 3-0.

Sinama-Pongole and Le Tallec those boys shows us pepper that midnight.

Korea/Japan 2002 ( Fifa world cup )
Nigeria vs Sweden

Our darling Super Eagle needed that match so badly as second match of the tournament after we have lost first game to Argentina. We started the match well, with brilliant performance but last last Henrik Larssen do us strong thing. To go school that day na war tongue

Old timer! That Sweden game nearly gave me bp

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Praiizz(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
When Manchester united beat Chelsea in champion league final 2008,

When Barcelona beat Manchester united in champion league final 2009,

When drogba score offside goal against Nigeria. That's why I hate drogba and Chelsea till date.

[i][/i] correct... This is why I hate Drogba too [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by FromZeroToHero(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
I lost a bet of 10k with a Chelshit fan in 2012. I set my Barcelona jersey ablaze, vowed never to support FCB again but I can't stand by my word. The love I have for Barcelona is unquantifiable. Mes que un club. Força Barca

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Carmal90(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
Jarus:

I meant 2nd goal.
Ok sir
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by madridguy(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
Immediately utd start missing clear chances at the start of the game i know it will be difficult for them.

fergie001:

Worst moments........
Barcelona's 2-0 win against Utd....2009 ucl finals
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by peressteve: 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
Same here bro Milan till we die love u bro
blakid:
INSTABUL NIGHTMARE... AC Milan Vs Liverpool.... that match pain me no be small. I can never forget that day.... From a die hard Milan fan.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Martinez39(m): 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
When Chelsea won the UEFA Champions League.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by ruggedtimi(m): 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
As a chelsea fan this moment made me cry. Iniesta's equalizer against chelsea in the 2009 champions league semi final.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Elano25(m): 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

Sinama-Ponglie and Le Tallec were both unfortunate to be young and upcoming strikers during the Henry era.

Until Henry retired, it was very difficult for any upcoming French striker to break into the first team.

Le Tallec went to Liverpool, didn't make it. Last I heard he was playing for Valenciennes in Ligue 1 (5 years ago)

Sinama-Ponglie spent several years with Celta Vigo in Spain.
Sinama-Pongolle played for Liverpool. infact he spent years in Liverpool and he was part of the champions league winning squad in 2005

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by peressteve: 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
Milanista plenty bro and we even get platform
Anskid:

Lol sorry bro. You were on the receiving end of The Miracle Of Istanbul. Liverpool are truly the mentality giants, Kings of Never say never. They were destined to win it.

You're the first AC Milan fan I've met in Nigeria tho
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
2008 UEFA champions league final against Manchester United:John Terry penalty miss was a heartbreak.Anelka's penalty miss wasn't painful to me.plus 2009 after ref don rob Chelsea tire iniesta come score injury time goal,it was if the world should just close.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by 12345baba(m): 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anskid:

Lol sorry bro. You were on the receiving end of The Miracle Of Istanbul. Liverpool are truly the mentality giants, Kings of Never say never. They were destined to win it.

You're the first AC Milan fan I've met in Nigeria tho
have u met?
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Owodiran1(m): 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
When aiyegbeni lost that one on one goal, when arsenal lost to Barca in champions league final, when Ghana lost the penalty that denied them into semifinals in South Africa 2010.when arsene Wenger stopped being arsenals couch
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
Elano25:

Sinama-Pongolle played for Liverpool. infact he spent years in Liverpool and he was part of the champions league winning squad in 2005

Thanks. I should update that my post,but am typing from my phone, not computer
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by greypencils: 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
Nigeria's loss to Italy in USA 94. I was a kid but I remember crying hard because of the loss.
The next was Nigeria's penalty loss to Cameroon at AFCON in 2000. I cried too on that day.
I have never cried after those two incidents.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by makeherscream(m): 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2019
2011 champions league final as a man u fan after messi scored the second goal I was hoping that man,u will get equaliser to make it 2_2 not until David villa broke my heart scored a wonderful goal to make it 3_1

That day I did not eat even sleep well I was just rolling on my bed TDB.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by peressteve: 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2019
Leave am alone Na mugu Na Wetin e know e know
OBTMOS:
nooo... I have AC Milan fans as friend
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by OlujobaSamuel: 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
Why no one mention Holland 2005 final, Nigeria Vs Argentina ?
From all stations going off at quarter final during shootout with Holland that lasted for almost an hour to Argentina doing us ojoro for final. I cried ooo.
No other match don pain me like that.
#ynwa always give me hope not to give up
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by AMvanquish: 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
omoiyamayor:
I'm arsenal fan,I stop counting but won't stop supporting

Up gunners. We die here grin

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by A305: 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
Terrible Terry loosing the penalty Drogba could have taken, ofcourse, Drogba was red carded promting Terry to take Drogba's place which cost us our very first champions league. I almost wept that night after being mocked by friends.

Almost is an understatement, infact, I wept but just didn't let the tears come out openly.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Lawalemi(m): 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
Some of my top most heartbreaking moment in football.

USA 1994: NIGERIA VS ITALY
Just as discussed on a thread here yesterday, Roberto Baggio gave me heart attack that day which took few days before i could recover.

Ghana/Nigeria 2000( Cup of Nation ) : CAMEROUN VS NIERIA .... FINAL
Immediately Victor Ikpeba penalty was disallow my BP nearly cut, it was a very sad Sunday evening.

SYDNEY 2000 ( OLYMPIC FOOTBALL GAME )
Nigeria Vs Chile
This particular match every Nigeria sport papers tagged Agali vs Zamarano tongue Victor Agali was our Ahmed Musa of that tournament tongue Chile beat us like small pickin and i cannot forget that morning.

Trinidad and Tobago 2001 ( FIFA U-17 )

One of the best Nigeria outing in junior level. This tournament produce Nigeria player like Femi Opabunmi, Temile, Sambo and co shocked Due to time difference, every match for this tournament is midnight Nigeria time. Chai, futbol don suffer me tongue
Our opening match was against France which we won but they revenge for Final whooping us 3-0.

Sinama-Pongole and Le Tallec those boys shows us pepper that midnight.

Korea/Japan 2002 ( Fifa world cup )
Nigeria vs Sweden

Our darling Super Eagle needed that match so badly as second match of the tournament after we have lost first game to Argentina. We started the match well, with brilliant performance but last last Henrik Larssen do us strong thing. To go school that day na war tongue

Amongst all, Nigeria vs Italy stood out for me perhaps because of my little age then.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by ArticleBeast: 2:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
Kehinde2017:
Stupid Valverde, I will never for give that clueless coach for back to back heavy defeats we received from Roma and Liverpool. Nights I have planned to drink soft drink and enjoy my life to the semifinals and finals respectively. I just went home and couldn't eat anything.
The disgrace of having to be the only barca fan around the neighbourhood is the real deal. I was booed for the humiliating disgrace. I mustn't coach that barca team and not win trophies. Clueless Valverde.
If I had the opportunity I would have strangled the idiot via tv... It was even the day my customized barca jersey arrived. I was fully kitted and feeling myself. Na singlet I take go back house... grin angry

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by fergie001: 2:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
Immediately utd start missing clear chances at the start of the game i know it will be difficult for them.

This guy...you really watched that game...
Park
Rooney....

I knew there was wahala.....
Utd were gunning for history as the first club to retain the trophy at the time......
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by krytonite: 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
it was actually 2008 not 2009.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by adotse1(m): 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
Man city vs Tottenham, 2018/19 UCL Quatre final, when the VAR cancelled sterling's goal. After person Don jubilate pull shirt throway. Na so everybody for showroom just dey laugh me. Since then ehn. I no de celebrate goal till the next team kick off

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by maxiflexy(m): 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
2008//2009 Uefa Champions league final, John Terry Missing that crucial penalty and Chelsea finally loosing to Manchester United.
Man i cried my heart out, was still young then and a die heart Chelsea fan.

I coudn't eat for days, which got my Mum worried grin grin grin
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Sonoyom(m): 2:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
Roddyricch1:
I cried during the ucl final in 2009 between Chelsea and Man U, the moment anelka missed that penalty.. I WEPT cry but God put a smile on my face 3 years after at allianz arena.
that was in 2008 not 2009
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by madridguy(m): 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
grin grin Nigeria first before any other team. Though am a die hard Real Madrid fan but my blood is Nigeria.
Inexperience and lack of exposure ruined our dream in 94 world cup.

koning:

We are on the same page. Any time Nigeria loses on the international stage is painful. Especially when they are playing well. I thought we would get to the final in USA 94.

I don't give a rats azz for Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal etc. Only the Champions league interests me sometimes.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Sonoyom(m): 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
maxiflexy:
2008//2009 Uefa Champions league final, John Terry Missing that crucial penalty and Chelsea finally loosing to Manchester United.
Man i cried my heart out, was still young then and a die heart Chelsea fan.

I coudn't eat for days, which got my Mum worried grin grin grin
2007/2008 season. 2008/2009 season Chelsea lost to Barcelona with the help of Howard Webb.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Omoslim26: 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anskid:

As a Madrid fan that you are, I suspect all your heart breaking moments were donated to you by Barcelona grin grin
2-6, 5-0, 4-0. gringrin

As a madrid fan we cant have any heart break bcus we are the greatest football has and will ever see

HALA MADRID
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Cuisance: 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2019
Mine has to be Germany vs Italy 06 world cup, that goal by Grosso felt like a dagger in my heart. I cried for days.

Also UCL 12 Final, as one of the few bayern fans in my uni then, I boasted a lot before the game. I didn't argue football again all through that semester after the loss.
Till date I haven't watch the highlights.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by peressteve: 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2019
Na men we be o we no Dey gree milanista for life
haaryobhami:
there fans stubborn die,where I dy watch ball for lag,u dare not show Europa for dem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Dalung Kicks Against Nigeria's World Cup Participation / Ahmed Musa Reacts After Being Named Nigerian 2018 Player Of The Year! (Photo) / Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.