Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,555 members, 7,770,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:37 AM

Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? (28586 Views)

Re: How I Discovered Shia Islam Was The True Islam / Swiss English Premier League Star,Philippe Senderos,Embraces (Shia) Islam / Radicalization Of Islam: What Is The Way Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 10:56am On Dec 10, 2010
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by AbuSafwan(m): 11:10am On Dec 10, 2010
"i found this forum and i was disgusted to read the rude posts made against islam and our beloeved Prophet (sa) in the other religion forum.i therefore joined to defend islam and the Prophet (sa) against the rude talk and baseless lies".
(Shi'a Islam)

I wonder how would someone claim to defend the honour of the beloved Prophet (S.A.W) and at the same abusing, blaspheming, defaming and disparaging the beloved wife of the same prophet whose honour he is claiming to defend. will it not suffice Shi'a Muslims the saying of Allah in Q24:11 to acquit Sayyidat A'ishat from your baseless lies and defamation.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 11:35am On Dec 10, 2010
Abu-Safwan:

(Shi'a Islam)

I wonder how would someone claim to defend the honour of the beloved Prophet (S.A.W) and at the same abusing, blaspheming, defaming and disparaging the beloved wife of the same prophet whose honour he is claiming to defend. will it not suffice Shi'a Muslims the saying of Allah in Q24:11 to acquit Sayyidat A'ishat from your baseless lies and defamation.

even if were the Prophet's father or mother,who (God forbid) disrespect the Prophet and disobey the commands of Allah in regards to islamic injunctions and Quranic revelations and went ahead, (after the Prophet's demise (like Aisha did) even after the Prophet had warned her about the future),and fought his beloved family members,we will hate that person with passion and with all our heart.that is not blasphemy.that is taqwa and love for the Messenger of Allah (sa).we do not accuse Aisha of adultery because the Quran reject that accusation levelled against by the kuffar.you can check shia tafsir of the Quran and you will know i am saying the truth.

we dont like her because of her rebellious attitude against the Prophet and the Ahlul-Bayt (as).

WHO IS AISHA (and why we,shia, dislike her).FIND OUT:

http://www.answering-ansar.org/answers/ayesha/en/index.php
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by chakula: 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2010
Salam,
Dudes if you can, please hold on from replying to this people let them continuous their thread alone.
Ma'asalam.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by AbuSafwan(m): 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2010
After you have accepted that Qur'an had exonerated Sayyidat A'isha from baseless accusation of the Kuffar, you have also to accept the priority accorded to her by the Qur'an and the prophet as well among his entire wife. Is she not the very noble wife of the prophet that He order us to obtain half of our religion from her? The love, respect, honour and humility showed to her by the prophet is great sign of her being far away from doing anything that may contradict the wish of the prophet even after his life. The reality of the matter is that Shi'a always seek to distort reality and mess up things. Alas, look for your own salvation instead of tracing to seek for others' err whom had already been salvaged and emancipated by Allah. If you like read: "The Prophet is closer to the believers than their own selves and his wives are as their mothers, " (33:6)____ ", O women of the household of Rasool, Allah only intends to remove uncleanliness from you and to purify you completely, " (33:33). But I know due to your irrational prejudice, you always try to exclude Sayyidat A'ishat from the praise and honour given to the Prophet's wives by Allah himself, albeit no any clear-cut evidence that excludes her. Let you knwo this: "“the criterion of truth is that it works even if nobody is prepared to acknowledge it”.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by muhsin(m): 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2010
chakula:

Salam,
Dudes if you can, please hold on from replying to this people let them continuous their thread alone.
Ma'asalam.

W/Salam, brother,

I wish we could. The temptation is irresistible. Ppl can barely fold arms while the greatest figures in Islam are ceaselessly mocked and vilified.

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us all to the right path, amin.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2010
Abu-Safwan:

After you have accepted that Qur'an had exonerated Sayyidat A'isha from baseless accusation of the Kuffar, you have also to accept the priority accorded to her by the Qur'an and the prophet as well among his entire wife.

show me in the Quran what "priority" is accorded to her by the Quran.i have never read that.i have read the Quran from cover to cover but i never saw that.please if you're truthful and not just blowing empty words and praises,show me if you can!

Is she not the very noble wife of the prophet that He order us to obtain half of our religion from her?
no she is not.the Prophet said he was leaving behind the "two weighty things":the Quran and his progeny,his Ahl-al-Bayt.where did the Prophet order you to take your "half of the religion" from her?where?where?where?

The love, respect, honour and humility showed to her by the prophet is great sign of her being far away from doing anything that may contradict the wish of the prophet even after his life.

i will not delve deep to shock you and show you what the exact words of the Prophet were towards her.i just want you to answer this:was this not the same woman who addressed the Prophet with doubt:"you who claim to be a prophet of God"!!!if the wive of Prophet Noah and Prophet Lot (as) were bad and the Quran speaks of them in contempt,why must Aisha's case be suprising?is it because she is the daughter of Abu Bakr?being the wife of the or a Prophet does not make her angelic.

Holy Quran 66:10-12

Allah citeth an example for those who disbelieve: the wife of Noah and the wife of Lot, who were under two of Our righteous slaves yet betrayed them so that they (the husbands) availed them naught against Allah and it was said (unto them): Enter the Fire along with those who enter. (10) And Allah citeth an example for those who believe: the wife of Pharaoh when she said: My Lord! Build for me a home with thee in the Garden, and deliver me from Pharaoh and his work, and deliver me from evil-doing folk; (11) And Mary, daughter of 'Imran, whose body was chaste, therefor We breathed therein something of Our Spirit. And she put faith in the words of her Lord and His scriptures, and was of the obedient. (12)

The reality of the matter is that Shi'a always seek to distort reality and mess up things. Alas, look for your own salvation instead of tracing to seek for others' err whom had already been salvaged and emancipated by Allah. If you like read: "The Prophet is closer to the believers than their own selves and his wives are as their mothers, " (33:6)____ ",
yes,the wives are our mothers and therefore the Quran tells us that they cannot marry to any muslim after the Prophet.but it doesnt mean they cannot go astray.

O women of the household of Rasool, Allah only intends to remove uncleanliness from you and to purify you completely, " (33:33).
Allahu Akbar!!!!

let the world witness how you are changing the Quran to defend Aisha.[/b]the Quran does not say "Oh wives of the Prophet" in verse 33:33 EVENTHOUGH YOU WANT TO UNDERSTAND IT LIKE THAT.The Quran uses the expression "Oh Ahl-al-Bayt" with masculine verbs.

[b]Holy Quran 33:33

إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ ٱللَّهُ لِيُذۡهِبَ عَنڪُمُ ٱلرِّجۡسَ أَهۡلَ ٱلۡبَيۡتِ وَيُطَهِّرَكُمۡ تَطۡهِيرً۬ا

But I know due to your irrational prejudice, you always try to exclude Sayyidat A'ishat from the praise and honour given to the Prophet's wives by Allah himself, albeit no any clear-cut evidence that excludes her. Let you knwo this: "“the criterion of truth is that it works even if nobody is prepared to acknowledge it”.

Allah addressed the People of the House in verse 33:33 and not the wives.evident enough is the fact that Aisha herself excluded herself from that category the verse is addressing as purified and cleansed.you can never have two pure and clean people fighting each other and killing thousands.one or two of them must be wrong.both cannot be right.you dont kill people for fun or to convince anyone of purity.read about the battle of jamal.its either Imam Ali was wrong or Aisha was wrong.both cannot be right and pure.you choose.stop turning a blind eye on history because you feel its the convinient way.Islam teaches us to be honest.be honest!
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 1:17pm On Dec 10, 2010
muhsin:

W/Salam, brother,

I wish we could. The temptation is irresistible. Ppl can barely fold arms while the greatest figures in Islam are ceaselessly mocked and vilified.

you should go and sleep!

what makes them the "greatest figures in Islam"?is it because they subjugate you and make you regard them as such with both your eyes closed?why not condemn Allah for condemning the wives of Noah and Lot (as)?were they not wives of prophets too?cant they also be considered as great figures in the history of humanity?why dont you wish to be united with them on judgement day?
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by azharuddin: 1:40pm On Dec 10, 2010
chakula:

Salam,
Ma'asalam.

Agreed.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2010
azharuddin:

Agreed.

Duh, ofcourse you will agree!

running away is sunnah, sunnah of Umar.just like he ran away during the battle of Uhud,after the order of the Messenger was disobeyed which gave the unbelievers the upper hand and Umar and his likes abandoned the messenger of Allah because they thought the Prophet (sa) has being killed.

Muhammad is but a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) have passed away before him. Will it be that, when he dieth or is slain, ye will turn back on your heels? He who turneth back on doth no hurt to Allah, and Allah will reward the thankful(Holy Quran 3:144)

see Tafsir al-Mizan of Sayyid Muhammad Husayn Tabatabaei:

http://mizaninenglish.tripod.com/mizaneng/vol7/imran139_148.htm

note:it was from the battle of Uhud that Imam Ali was dubbed "al-karrar",meaning "he who does not flee from the battle-field".Umar is "al-farrar",or "he who flees from the battle-field".it was the bravery of Imam Ali (as) that recued the muslims and knocked the unbelievers with his sword of Zhul-Fiqar.it is for Ali that Gabriel said:[i]"there is no hero except Ali and no sword except Zhul-Fiqar".[/i]can you still compare Ali to Umar?talkless of lying that Umar is "superior" to Imam Ali (as)?how do you judge?
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by babs787(m): 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2010
@Muhsin

W/Salam, brother,

Salam brother. You just have to resist the temptation. You would have noticed that I kept mute and it is not that I do not know what to say but most times, silence is golden. It is better to keep silent than commit sin trying to argue out issue with someone.

We should also note that in the Christian section, we have Jehovah witness, Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Catholic members etc and each of them claiming to be the real christian while the wise ones the TRUTH.

He came with this thread in order to advertise his sect and I dont know where he got the impression that the prophet belonged to a sect (referring to his username) despite the prophet's warning on that.

We should still not be surprised because the Holy prophet (saw) aforesaid all that is happening now. Sects would arise claiming to be following the right way and 73 sects sect would arise in which only would be inhabitant of heaven.  Like I always say, truth is different from falsehood even if you wash, polish it and try to make it look like truth, it would still show that it is falsehood while truth is like oil,

Let me stop here because I do not want to engage in any discussion with anybody.

Maa Salam.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 7:34pm On Dec 10, 2010
babs787:

@Muhsin

Salam brother. You just have to resist the temptation. You would have noticed that I kept mute and it is not that I do not know what to say but most times, silence is golden. It is better to keep silent than commit sin trying to argue out issue with someone.

We should also note that in the Christian section, we have Jehovah witness, Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Catholic members etc and each of them claiming to be the real christian while the wise ones the TRUTH.

He came with this thread in order to advertise his sect and I dont know where he got the impression that the prophet belonged to a sect (referring to his username) despite the prophet's warning on that.

We should still not be surprised because the Holy prophet (saw) aforesaid all that is happening now. Sects would arise claiming to be following the right way and 73 sects sect would arise in which only would be inhabitant of heaven. Like I always say, truth is different from falsehood even if you wash, polish it and try to make it look like truth, it would still show that it is falsehood while truth is like oil,

Let me stop here because I do not want to engage in any discussion with anybody.

Maa Salam.

you are making a big mistake by comparing islamic sects to christian sects,groups,denominations,etc.christianity keeps splitting and multiplying like bacteria.

in islam,there are two branches,shia and sunni.you are either shia or sunni.that is the split.among the two you can find deviated sects,true.but the mainstream is what i am representing of shia islam.and i believe you are not for example an ahmadiyya and you belong to the mainstream sunni islam.in sunni islam,you can find a deviated group like the ahmadiyya.in shia islam you can find an off-shoot called the bahais.ofcourse i am aware the bahais themselves no longer call themselves shia and they are off the line.both ahmadiyyas and bahais believe in prophethood after the Prophet Muhammad (sa).

i will keep posting the truth and evidence as much as you may detest it-It is He (Allah) who has sent his messenger with the religion of truth so that it may prevail over the rest even if the unbelievers may dislike it(surat as-saff).i do not claim the Prophet belongs to a sect.the name of "sunni" or "shia" is to identify what they represent on their own as opposed to each other.so one of the two must be right and have the truth.i will keep posting evidence of the truth to show that what is described as shia islam is what the Prophet taught as opposed to sunni islam and its deliberate avoidance of certain aspects of the Prophet's teachings while shia islam teaches them and exposes the truth about them.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2010
THE INFALLIBLES

Household of the Prophet
This section of Al-Islam.org contains information about the Most Noble Messenger, Muhammad, his household (Ahlul bayt), and their companions, peace be upon them all.

The Ahlul Bayt or household of the Prophet Muhammad - peace be upon him and his household [pbuh] - refers to his daughter Fatima al-Zahra, his successor and son-in-law, Imam Ali, their two sons Imam Hasan and Imam Husayn, and the nine Imams from the lineage of Imam Husayn, peace be upon them all.

The Holy Qur'an
Regarding them, Allah (God), the most Glorified and High, says in the Holy Qur'an:
, Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying,
[Source: The Holy Qur'an, translated by M. H. Shakir, Chapter 33, verse 33]

Muhammad [pbuh], the Prophet of Islam
The Prophet of Islam [peace upon him and his household], in the well-attested tradition called Hadith al-Thaqalayn said:

Verily, I am leaving behind two precious things (thaqalayn) among you: the Book of God and my kindred (`itrah), my household (Ahl al¬Bayt), for indeed, the two will never separate until they come back to me by the Pond (of al¬Kawthar on the Judgement's Day).
[Source: Please see Hadith al-Thaqalayn: A Study of its Tawatur]

Ali [a], the first Imam, successor to the Prophet
", We the people of the house (of the Prophet - Ahlul bayt) possess the doors of wisdom and light of governance. Beware that the paths of religion are one and its highways are straight. He who follows them achieves (the aim) and secures (the objective). And he who stood away from it went astray and incurred repentance." [Nahj-al-Balagha Sermon 119]

"We are the near ones, companions, treasure holders and doors (to the Sunnah). Houses are not entered save through their doors. Whoever enters them from other than the door is called a thief." [Sermon 153]

"Where are those who falsely and unjustly claimed that they are deeply versed in knowledge, as against us, although Allah raised us in position and kept them down, bestowed upon us knowledge but deprived them, and entered us (in the fortress of knowledge) but kept them out. With us guidance is to be sought and blindness (of misguidance) is to be changed into brightness. Surely Imams (divine leaders) will be from the Quraysh. They have been planted in this line through Hashim. It would not suit others nor would others be suitable as heads of affairs." [Sermon 143]
[Source: Nahjul Balagha, translated by Syed Ali Raza]

"We are lights of the heavens and the earth and the ships of salvation. We are the repository of knowledge, and towards us is the home-coming of all the matters. Through our Mahdi all (false) arguments shall be refuted, and he is the seal of the Imams, the deliverer of the Ummah, and the extremity of the light. Happy are those who hold on to our handle and are brought together upon our love.
[Source: Sibt Ibn al-Jawzi, Tadhkirat al-khawass, p. 138]

Therefore, based on the above and other lines of evidence, it is the belief of Islam that the Holy Prophet and his family [peace be upon them] were blessed by Allah and purified to the level of being pure and sinless throughout their distinguished lives.

http://www.al-islam.org/masoom/main.html
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by Karbala: 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2010
THE INFALLIBLES

Household of the Prophet

This section of Al-Islam.org contains information about the Most Noble Messenger, Muhammad, his household (Ahlul bayt), and their companions, peace be upon them all.

The Ahlul Bayt or household of the Prophet Muhammad - peace be upon him and his household [pbuh] - refers to his daughter Fatima al-Zahra, his successor and son-in-law, Imam Ali, their two sons Imam Hasan and Imam Husayn, and the nine Imams from the lineage of Imam Husayn, peace be upon them all.

The Holy Qur'an

Regarding them, Allah (God), the most Glorified and High, says in the Holy Qur'an:
, Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying,
[Source: The Holy Qur'an, translated by M. H. Shakir, Chapter 33, verse 33]

Muhammad [pbuh], the Prophet of Islam

The Prophet of Islam [peace upon him and his household], in the well-attested tradition called Hadith al-Thaqalayn said:

Verily, I am leaving behind two precious things (thaqalayn) among you: the Book of God and my kindred (`itrah), my household (Ahl al¬Bayt), for indeed, the two will never separate until they come back to me by the Pond (of al¬Kawthar on the Judgement's Day).
[Source: Please see Hadith al-Thaqalayn: A Study of its Tawatur]

Ali [a], the first Imam, successor to the Prophet

", We the people of the house (of the Prophet - Ahlul bayt) possess the doors of wisdom and light of governance. Beware that the paths of religion are one and its highways are straight. He who follows them achieves (the aim) and secures (the objective). And he who stood away from it went astray and incurred repentance." [Nahj-al-Balagha Sermon 119]

"We are the near ones, companions, treasure holders and doors (to the Sunnah). Houses are not entered save through their doors. Whoever enters them from other than the door is called a thief." [Sermon 153]

"Where are those who falsely and unjustly claimed that they are deeply versed in knowledge, as against us, although Allah raised us in position and kept them down, bestowed upon us knowledge but deprived them, and entered us (in the fortress of knowledge) but kept them out. With us guidance is to be sought and blindness (of misguidance) is to be changed into brightness. Surely Imams (divine leaders) will be from the Quraysh. They have been planted in this line through Hashim. It would not suit others nor would others be suitable as heads of affairs." [Sermon 143]
[Source: Nahjul Balagha, translated by Syed Ali Raza]

"We are lights of the heavens and the earth and the ships of salvation. We are the repository of knowledge, and towards us is the home-coming of all the matters. Through our Mahdi all (false) arguments shall be refuted, and he is the seal of the Imams, the deliverer of the Ummah, and the extremity of the light. Happy are those who hold on to our handle and are brought together upon our love.
[Source: Sibt Ibn al-Jawzi, Tadhkirat al-khawass, p. 138]

Therefore, based on the above and other lines of evidence, it is the belief of Islam that the Holy Prophet and his family [peace be upon them] were blessed by Allah and purified to the level of being pure and sinless throughout their distinguished lives.

source:
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by ShiaMuslim: 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2010
Household of the Prophet (sa):

Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by zayhal(f): 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2010
babs787:

@Muhsin

We should still not be surprised because the Holy prophet (saw) aforesaid all that is happening now. Sects would arise claiming to be following the right way and 73 sects sect would arise in which only would be inhabitant of heaven.  Like I always say, truth is different from falsehood even if you wash, polish it and try to make it look like truth, it would still show that it is falsehood while truth is like oil,

Maa Salam.

Jazakallah Khayran.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by ShiaMuslim: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2010
Tolerance is the graveyard of defects.
Imam Ali (a)
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by muhsin(m): 11:32am On Dec 12, 2010
In defence of A’isha (RA) written by Muhsin

Sayyidat A’isha bint Abubakar, may Allah be pleased with both her and her father, based on numerous account of ahadeeth and undistorted historical scores is the favourite wife of the beloved prophet of Islam, Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention. Yet some Muslim sects are fond of attacking and accusing her simply based on some free-emptied arguments and fabricated so-called histories of what transpired after the death of her husband, the Prophet, between her and Sayyid Ali (RA). Beside, other Muslims, which I am among, regard, revere and respect her in their best possible way; and she remains a role model for their women. To cap the long story short, her greatness is nothing contestable and hence one needs everything but persuasion to believe in its validity and cogency. It’s a fact right below our noses.

Therefore, I always wonder at those “others”, who choose to dent and defame her. The A’isha’s highness, at least considering her being one of the wives of the noble Prophet, whom he died and left couldn’t and oughtn’t have been, right from the scratch, subjected to question, criticism let alone what they—Shiites, are passionately doing, i.e. cursing her! Something is really wrong. That, to say the least, definitely typifies paucity knowledge, immature and unreflective thinking, shallow understanding and above all, recklessness.

Sometimes, as I came to discern, they hide under the façade that she is, alas, not among the Ahl Al-Bayt (family members) of the prophet, whom they always pretend adoring. Could that have been the case even if it were true? No! She still remains who she is: his wife. And, I’ll make it clear in the following lines that A’isha is aptly a bona fide Ahl Al-Bayt of the Prophet. Though, I suspect, one might argue, yeah I know where you’ll head. She is, of course, not among the four families (family of Ali, of Ja’afat, of Abbas and that of Aqeel) who are basically the Ahl Al-Bayt of the Prophet who were forbidden to receive charity after his death. Yet there are Qur’anic proofs which encapsulate that sometimes a wife is included among the family members of a man. For instance, I don’t know how in other languages but as in mine (Hausa), if a married man (who only has a wife and with no children) is asked: how is the family (i.e. ya iyalin?) he replies: (lafiya ta ke [she’s fine]) and he’s lexically, grammatically, syntactically, semantically, etc correct. So is also the case in Qur’anic (Arabic) language. See below:

Prophet Loot’s wife [family]

“So We saved him and his family except his wife, who was of those who lagged behind.” Q7:83

Why the word except [/i]his wife after mentioning his family? Simply its because she’s a member!

Prophet’s Ibrahim’s wife [family]

“They [angels] said: "Do you wonder at Allah's decree? May Allah's mercy and His blessings be upon you, O residents of the household; [/b]for He is indeed worthy of all praise, full of all glory.” Q11:73

The original expression use in the verse for the [b][i]“O residents of the household”
[/b]is Ahl Al-Bayt, Check up your Qur’an to ascertain that.

Likewise when the Almighty talks about the Prophet Muhammad’s wives, he says:

“…O women of the [b]household [/b]of Rasool (Prophet), Allah only intends to remove uncleanliness from you and to purify you completely.” Q33:33

A’isha is of course undoubtedly included in the aforementioned verse, for [b]she’s a woman of the household, i.e. Ahl Al-Bayt of the Prophet!

Conclusively, how do they dare to muddy up the already beaming and glowing pictures of those upon whom Allah, the Exalted, has this to say:

“The Prophet is closer to the believers than their own selves and his wives are as their mothers. Blood relatives have a greater claim on one another than the other believers and the Muhajirin (early Muslims who migrated from Makkah to Madinah) according to the Book of Allah: although you are permitted to some good (through leaving bequests) for your friends. This has been written in the Book of Allah.” Q33:6

I am certain for once that we don’t have dispute that Allah knows of what had happened, is happening and will happen, true? Who was A’isha when that verse was revealed? Prophet’s wife, huh? And Allah plainly says she’s our mother. BUT (a big but!) what reliable source told you she did what you claim she did? It’s just some mere (if not doctored) history that reported that account? It’s now up to you to choose which is which: Qur’anic verse or some histories.

Lastly, I intentionally refuse to cite a single hadith for this reply, for I know you or one of your friends may claim the hadith as unsound. Again, as you did above, you bring your translation. That, I am afraid, is “easy”, and won’t help any matter out, for I reckon concerning readers can prove that right or wrong.

Be warned!

NB: InshaAllah this is my last reply to this thread. I had better heed my elders’ advice. May Allah, the Exalted, guide us all to the right path, amin.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by illusion2: 3:29pm On Dec 12, 2010
Dear LagosShia,
Thank you for all your enlightenening posts,I'm still reading through each link & watching each Youtube video,I just thought I should spare a few lines in your defence.

The problem with us in Nigeria (muslims & christians)  is that we have been brought up to defend our beliefs aggressively & never leave room for intellectual discourse,historical arguments & cross referencing of facts.

So rather than castigate the 'blasphemer' LagosShia,what I expect 'rightly guided' sunnis to do is tackle/disprove all his points intelligently.

This 'don't spread our linen in public' nonesense needs to stop !  angry . . . . .  .This is the internet age for crying out loud. . . . nothing is hidden .

Go to the christian thread,you'll find Grail message ,christ embassy,catholic ,jehovah's witness boku there - everyone believing their sect (or section) is God's gift to the world.

So in a nutshell- lets stop getting emotional about issues- its is a given that we will not always agree both on politics,religion or government policy,but for God's sake let us argue intelligently (with facts).

Afterall none of us was actually there when all these thing were said to have occured.

Lagos/KwaraShia or karbala . . . I beg fire on. grabs an English copy of the Koran,online version of hadiths & popcorn  wink
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2010
Call unto the way of thy Lord with wisdom and fair exhortation, and reason with them in the better way. Lo! thy Lord is Best Aware of him who strayeth from His way, and He is best aware of those who go aright. (Holy Quran 16:125)

There is no compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower. (Holy Quran 2:256)

thanks "illusion2" for your comment and may Allah guide you to the straight path of al-islam.

like you rightly say,people find it hard to question the status-quo.that is a big problem against the wind of change.i am not here to create division nor force my beliefs on anyone.notheless people who want to read and know the truth should be allowed to do so without censor.islam in the Quran as you can see from the verses above is against compulsion in belief.islam is with reasoning and knowledge.anyone who feels threatened by reasoning and knowledge should know that he is threatened from what islam teaches.

i would like to thank you once more for your positive attitude.i hope more poeple would go through the thread and examine every word and all that is presented and make constructive contributions for our good and the good of islam.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 4:39pm On Dec 12, 2010
muhsin:

In defence of A’isha (RA) written by Muhsin

Sayyidat A’isha bint Abubakar, may Allah be pleased with both her and her father, based on numerous account of ahadeeth and undistorted historical scores is the favourite wife of the beloved prophet of Islam, Muhammad, may Allah exalt his mention. Yet some Muslim sects are fond of attacking and accusing her simply based on some free-emptied arguments and fabricated so-called histories of what transpired after the death of her husband, the Prophet, between her and Sayyid Ali (RA). Beside, other Muslims, which I am among, regard, revere and respect her in their best possible way; and she remains a role model for their women. To cap the long story short, her greatness is nothing contestable and hence one needs everything but persuasion to believe in its validity and cogency. It’s a fact right below our noses.

Therefore, I always wonder at those “others”, who choose to dent and defame her. The A’isha’s highness, at least considering her being one of the wives of the noble Prophet, whom he died and left couldn’t and oughtn’t have been, right from the scratch, subjected to question, criticism let alone what they—Shiites, are passionately doing, i.e. cursing her! Something is really wrong. That, to say the least, definitely typifies paucity knowledge, immature and unreflective thinking, shallow understanding and above all, recklessness.

Sometimes, as I came to discern, they hide under the façade that she is, alas, not among the Ahl Al-Bayt (family members) of the prophet, whom they always pretend adoring. Could that have been the case even if it were true? No! She still remains who she is: his wife. And, I’ll make it clear in the following lines that A’isha is aptly a bona fide Ahl Al-Bayt of the Prophet. Though, I suspect, one might argue, yeah I know where you’ll head. She is, of course, not among the four families (family of Ali, of Ja’afat, of Abbas and that of Aqeel) who are basically the Ahl Al-Bayt of the Prophet who were forbidden to receive charity after his death. Yet there are Qur’anic proofs which encapsulate that sometimes a wife is included among the family members of a man. For instance, I don’t know how in other languages but as in mine (Hausa), if a married man (who only has a wife and with no children) is asked: how is the family (i.e. ya iyalin?) he replies: (lafiya ta ke [she’s fine]) and he’s lexically, grammatically, syntactically, semantically, etc correct. So is also the case in Qur’anic (Arabic) language. See below:

Prophet Loot’s wife [family]

“So We saved him and his family except his wife, who was of those who lagged behind.” Q7:83

Why the word except [/i]his wife after mentioning his family? Simply its because she’s a member!

Prophet’s Ibrahim’s wife [family]

“They [angels] said: "Do you wonder at Allah's decree? May Allah's mercy and His blessings be upon you, O residents of the household; [/b]for He is indeed worthy of all praise, full of all glory.” Q11:73

The original expression use in the verse for the [b][i]“O residents of the household”
[/b]is Ahl Al-Bayt, Check up your Qur’an to ascertain that.

Likewise when the Almighty talks about the Prophet Muhammad’s wives, he says:

“…O women of the [b]household [/b]of Rasool (Prophet), Allah only intends to remove uncleanliness from you and to purify you completely.” Q33:33

A’isha is of course undoubtedly included in the aforementioned verse, for [b]she’s a woman of the household, i.e. Ahl Al-Bayt of the Prophet!

Conclusively, how do they dare to muddy up the already beaming and glowing pictures of those upon whom Allah, the Exalted, has this to say:

“The Prophet is closer to the believers than their own selves and his wives are as their mothers. Blood relatives have a greater claim on one another than the other believers and the Muhajirin (early Muslims who migrated from Makkah to Madinah) according to the Book of Allah: although you are permitted to some good (through leaving bequests) for your friends. This has been written in the Book of Allah.” Q33:6

I am certain for once that we don’t have dispute that Allah knows of what had happened, is happening and will happen, true? Who was A’isha when that verse was revealed? Prophet’s wife, huh? And Allah plainly says she’s our mother. BUT (a big but!) what reliable source told you she did what you claim she did? It’s just some mere (if not doctored) history that reported that account? It’s now up to you to choose which is which: Qur’anic verse or some histories.

Lastly, I intentionally refuse to cite a single hadith for this reply, for I know you or one of your friends may claim the hadith as unsound. Again, as you did above, you bring your translation. That, I am afraid, is “easy”, and won’t help any matter out, for I reckon concerning readers can prove that right or wrong.

Be warned!

NB: InshaAllah this is my last reply to this thread. I had better heed my elders’ advice. May Allah, the Exalted, guide us all to the right path, amin.

let me first start by telling you that when you die,your so called elders who are advicing you will not be held accountable for your deeds nor you for their own deeds.

I will demolish your post with just a few lines of sound reasoning:

1.) You said you did not post any hadith because I will call it “unsound”.far from it.i believe you have no positive hadith that you can present to avail Aisha.no matter how many hadiths you present,you can never rewind history and deny that Aisha was evil and a jealous person.do you want to deny the BATTLE OF JAMAL fought by Aisha against Imam Ali (as) who was then holding the office of caliphate?you cant! Do you want to deny that evil Aisha would prevent Imam Hassan (as) from being buried close to his grandfather?for what reason?
2.) I want to tell you as I have stated previously that Aisha is not the “best” wife of the Prophet.even the account of Aisha herself proves otherwise.she was jealous of Khadija even when the latter was dead and the Prophet use to defend and praise her.secondly,in your hadith book,Maryam,Asiya,Khadija and Fatima are called the best women of humanity.where is Aisha in that? I don’t need you to tell me nonsense and material arguments that Aisha was the only virgin the Prophet (sa) married.that is nonsense.
3.) We do not deny that aisha is the wife of the Prophet nor do we say that she is not a family member per se.we are simply telling you that Aisha based on her words and actions alone cannot be among the Ahlul-Bayt members mentioned in Quran 33:33 who were purified and cleansed.likewise we do not say the Prophet’s uncle,Abbass (RA),was among the purified and cleansed eventhough we love him and respect him.so your argument that we don’t regard her as a member of the household per se falls short of any evidence.also,I would like to warn you another time not to distort the holy Quran.verse 33:33 does not say “o women of the household”.it says “o people of the household”.it is also not directed at the wives of the Prophet because the verse uses masculine verbs unlike the previous verbs with feminine tense addressed only to the wives.
The funniest part of your post I must admit is the words:”BE WARNED”!

You are very funny.do you think you can harm me in any way?forget the fact that we are facing each other online.i am ready to come out open and you do likewise.i am telling you here that no one,not even the strongest man on earth can harm me or cause any pain to me.Allah will protect me.i am not being arrogant but I am humbly putting my trust in Allah and the Prophet (sa) and the 12 infallible Imams (as).
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by Karbala: 12:45am On Dec 13, 2010
depiction of Imam Hussain (as) holding his matyred baby in the battle of karbala:

Umar’s assault against the house of Sayyidah Fatimah (as)

Abu Muhammad Abdullah bin Muslim bin Qutaybah (d. 276 Hijri) who in his famous book al Imama wa al Siyasa pages 18-28 states as follows:

Abu Bakr was after group of people who failed to give bayya and gathered with Ali, he sent Umar in their direction. He (Umar) called them to come out from the house of Ali, but they refused to come out. Thus (Umar) asked (his men) to bring wood, then he said: 'I swear by He who controls the life of Umar, if you people do not come out of the house I shall set fire to it, and everyone inside shall perish. Some people said: 'O Abu Hafs (Umar), Fatima is also in this house'. Umar replied, 'I do not care' Then the people came out from the house and gave bayya except Ali.
Al-Imama Walsiyasa Page 12

The most renowned Sunni historian Ibn Jareer al Tabari recorded the event of Umar threatening the house of Imam Ali (as) and Sayyidah Fatima (as),the Prophet's beloved daughter,with fire. We read in al Tabari (English translation), Volume 9 page 187:

Ibn Humayd - Jarir - Mughirah - Ziyad b. Kulayb:Umar Ibn al-Khattab came to the house of Ali. Talha and Zubair and some of the immigrants were also in the house. Umar cried out: "By God, either you come out to render the oath of allegiance, or I will set the house on fire." al-Zubair came out with his sword drawn. As he stumbled (upon something), the sword fell from his hand so they jumped over him and seized him."
History of al-Tabari, Volume 9 page 187
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by hymen(f): 6:16am On Dec 13, 2010
LagosShia:

1.) You said you did not post any hadith because I will call it “unsound”.far from it.i believe you have no positive hadith that you can present to avail Aisha.no matter how many hadiths you present,you can never rewind history and deny that Aisha was evil and a jealous person.do you want to deny the BATTLE OF JAMAL fought by Aisha against Imam Ali (as) who was then holding the office of caliphate?you cant! Do you want to deny that evil Aisha would prevent Imam Hassan (as) from being buried close to his grandfather?for what reason?
2.) I want to tell you as I have stated previously that Aisha is not the “best” wife of the Prophet.even the account of Aisha herself proves otherwise.she was jealous of Khadija even when the latter was dead and the Prophet use to defend and praise her.secondly,in your hadith book,Maryam,Asiya,Khadija and Fatima are called the best women of humanity.where is Aisha in that? I don’t need you to tell me nonsense and material arguments that Aisha was the only virgin the Prophet (sa) married.that is nonsense.
3.) We do not deny that aisha is the wife of the Prophet nor do we say that she is not a family member per se.we are simply telling you that Aisha based on her words and actions alone cannot be among the Ahlul-Bayt members mentioned in Quran 33:33 who were purified and cleansed.likewise we do not say the Prophet’s uncle,Abbass (RA),was among the purified and cleansed eventhough we love him and respect him.so your argument that we don’t regard her as a member of the household per se falls short of any evidence.also,I would like to warn you another time not to distort the holy Quran.verse 33:33 does not say “o women of the household”.it says “o people of the household”.it is also not directed at the wives of the Prophet because the verse uses masculine verbs unlike the previous verbs with feminine tense addressed only to the wives.

You can't really blame Aisha- she was penetrated at a very early age (9 years old) & probably knew nothing but pain all her life i.e VVF,RVF and other UGFs,in addition to various levels of psychological trauma.

May Allah guide us .
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2010
hymen:

You can't really blame Aisha- she was penetrated at a very early age (9 years old) & probably knew nothing but pain all her life i.e VVF,RVF and other UGFs,in addition to various levels of psychological trauma.

May Allah guide us .

astaghfirullah!!!

this is the level the likes of Aisha and abu bakr and their followers have brought us down in the mouth of the kuffar.the fake hadiths and jealousy and evil mindedness have brought us so low that the lowest of the lowest creatures that even jahannam will feel degraded for them to enter it,now have the mind to talk against islam and insult the Holy Prophet (sa).the issue of aisha's age and the 72 virgin hadith are just 2 examples of lies perpetrated and used against islam by the enemies!

"hymen",for your information,and if you check my posts i have already proven that somewhere else,Aisha was never married at a tender age.Aisha was born before hijra.when the Prophet accepted to marry her,it is estimated (in historical sources) that her age was no less than 15 years old.others have put her age at 19.

all the BS about Aisha being 9 years was just an attempt to hipe her status and make her look like an innocent baby that was wedded from the cradle.that was not the case.with all the evidence that exist that aisha was never tender when she was married by the Prophet,the followers of abu bakr still insist on defending the tender age.they still bring up silly logic to prove that it is okay for a girl of 9 to be married.that is to tell you the intent behind the age issue.aisha was never 9 years old when the Prophet married her.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by hymen(f): 1:13pm On Dec 13, 2010
LagosShia:

"hymen",for your information,and if you check my posts i have already proven that somewhere else,Aisha was never married at a tender age.Aisha was born before hijra.when the Prophet accepted to marry her,it is estimated (in historical sources) that her age was no less than 15 years old.others have put her age at 19.

all the BS about Aisha being 9 years was just an attempt to hipe her status and make her look like an innocent baby that was wedded from the cradle.that was not the case.with all the evidence that exist that aisha was never tender when she was married by the Prophet,the followers of abu bakr still insist on defending the tender age.they still bring up silly logic to prove that it is okay for a girl of 9 to be married.that is to tell you the intent behind the age issue.aisha was never 9 years old when the Prophet married her.
Continue to deceive yourself. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Something is written in plain arabic for all to see & you're trying to call black white for us. angry

Don't get overheated for nothing like Al Qaeda,just spew the facts wink
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by 123jml: 5:12pm On Dec 13, 2010
Background of shia in nigeria.

Shia!Subhanallah i am not wonder but for the Allah sake what motivate you and present your self and your lies here?who care with yoiur sect?and who ask you that he wants to know anything about shia?BTW eL-ZAK-ZAKY the great evil ever produce in Nigeria went to Iran for his business when he failed he embrance shia.

What happen during Abacha regime not him that cleared you people away brings the head house turn to pitch and footbal played there,if you are sincere enough what name given to shia from the begining if not brotherhood but later when enough dudes accepted the movement from there the teachings and doctorine of shia comes up.
To be continued. . .
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by azharuddin: 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2010
Yahya related to me from Malik that Yahya ibn Sa'id said that he heard Sa'id ibn al-Musayyab say,
[size=16pt]"Shall I tell you what is better than much prayer and sadaqa?"[/size]
They said, "Yes." He said,
[size=16pt]"Mending discord. And beware of hatred - it strips you (of your deen)." [/size]
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 8:09pm On Dec 13, 2010
123jml:

Background of shia in nigeria.

Shia!Subhanallah i am not wonder but for the Allah sake what motivate you and present your self and your lies here?who care with yoiur sect?and who ask you that he wants to know anything about shia?BTW eL-ZAK-ZAKY the great evil ever produce in Nigeria went to Iran for his business when he failed he embrance shia.

What happen during Abacha regime not him that cleared you people away brings the head house turn to pitch and footbal played there,if you are sincere enough what name given to shia from the begining if not brotherhood but later when enough dudes accepted the movement from there the teachings and doctorine of shia comes up.
To be continued. . .

please you should first go and learn how to write english.

this thread is not about Zakzaky.shia islam and islam generally did not originate from northern nigeria.i am not a northerner and i dont know who Zakzaky is.other than islam,me and a northerner have nothing in common.if you have any grudge against Zakzaky,discuss that in another thread.Zakzaky or not shia islam is for all humanity including Nigerians.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2010
hymen:

Continue to deceive yourself. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Something is written in plain arabic for all to see & you're trying to call black white for us. angry

Don't get overheated for nothing like Al Qaeda,just spew the facts wink

okay mrs."hymen"!

you're talking as if you know plain arabic.

if you want to further know about the marriages of the Prophet,another thread was opened to attack the Prophet and i answered to that thread and dealt with the issue of the Prophet's marriage to Aisha.you can see the thread below and the end part of (my) post #5:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=53711.msg7170329#msg7170329

aside from the fact that Aisha was not tender,you should ask yourself at what age did Mary (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon her),the mother of your acclaimed god got pregnant?according to the catholic encyclopaedia,Mary was 12 years old!!!

if your "mother of god" was that tender why do you attack others?hypocrisy!!!

Matthew 7:3

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by illusion2: 8:34am On Dec 14, 2010
LagosShia:

okay mrs."hymen"!
you're talking as if you know plain arabic.
,you should ask yourself at what age did Mary (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon her),the mother of your acclaimed god got pregnant?according to the catholic encyclopaedia,Mary was 12 years old!!!

if your "mother of god" was that tender why do you attack others?hypocrisy!!!

Matthew 7:3
“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Its interesting how human beings easily lose perspective on issues.

Imagine a Shia muslim who constantly faces discrimination from fellow (sunni) muslims for his beliefs,try to cast aspersions on another person's faith ("your acclaimed god"wink.

The story of Imam Hussain is really about the victory of patience over oppresion , love over aggression and humility over confrontation -a universal lesson which has been often quoted by the great Indian leader -Mahatma Gandhi (a Hindu).

So I'll advise you stay within the scope of your remit- expantiate on Shia theology & do not be distracted into bringing down our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,no genuine believer would.  smiley
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 8:54am On Dec 14, 2010
illusion2:

Its interesting how human beings easily lose perspective on issues.

Imagine a Shia muslim who constantly faces discrimination from fellow (sunni) muslims for his beliefs,try to cast aspersions on another person's faith ("your acclaimed god"wink.

The story of Imam Hussain is really about the victory of patience over oppresion , love over aggression and humility over confrontation -a universal lesson which has been often quoted by the great Indian leader -Mahatma Gandhi (a Hindu).

So I'll advise you stay within the scope of your remit- expantiate on Shia theology & do not be distracted into bringing down our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,no genuine believer would. smiley
well,thanks for the good intention.but Jesus is not my lord and savior and no human being is.i am a muslim first and foremost and someone came here with the intention to distract and insult the Prophet thinking that because we muslims have some differences we do not agree on basics.i was only trying to prove her wrong.the Prophet is a red line and a no go area.when the Prophet is attacked or insulted,there is no sunni or shia.we all are one on that and united to defend him.

i will continue to show my shia beliefs.even that,i believe i am doing that for the good of islam and muslims generally.so no one has the right to distract me or insult the Prophet.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 9:05am On Dec 14, 2010
English Lecture:Unity and the Ummah - Sheikh Hamza Sodagar | Night 4 - Muharram 1432/2010 (commemorating the nights of Imam Hussain's matyrdom):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBgzHG8T4ik

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Indonesia Steamrolls 18,000 Bottles Of Alcohol During Ramadan (photos) / Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead / Snoop Dogg And Ice Cube Joined Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.