Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? (28775 Views)

Re: How I Discovered Shia Islam Was The True Islam / Swiss English Premier League Star,Philippe Senderos,Embraces (Shia) Islam / Radicalization Of Islam: What Is The Way Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by hymen(f): 10:06am On Dec 21, 2010
ShiaMuslim:

note that those Ashura pictures are old.

How can you say they are old clips? Did you bother to watch the CNN clip ? undecided http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2010/12/17/damon.lebanon.ashoura.cnn?iref=allsearch

I can see you spent many hours scouring the internet for pictures of people crucifying themselves cheesy cheesy

For your information,Jesus is no longer on the cross. , .he is risen as confirmed by the Qu'ran. So anybody crucifying him/herself is like you say on their own. smileyHaving said that you can't compare the demonic bloodletting to your Shia brethren anyway grin

The reason I brought the bloody aspects of Ashoora up is because you called my faith a 'cult' ,'blood sucker' etc.

Honestly, the moment you started this thread,I thought you were one of those intelligent and reflective muslims (like LagosBoy kiss ),who never decended to name -calling like the numerous semi-literate religious bigots on NL (e.g Abuzola tongue ),but you have proven yourself to be just that(the latter) .

With your gutter language, I call to question your depth of knowledge & honestly have no confidence in all you have been posting. You probably just cut and paste from a Shia site without making any sense of it.

Learn from Hussain - don't fight back tongue. . . God /posterity should vindicate you.

A word as they say is enough for the wise.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2010
hymen:

How can you say they are old clips? Did you bother to watch the CNN clip ? undecided http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2010/12/17/damon.lebanon.ashoura.cnn?iref=allsearch

I can see you spent many hours scouring the internet for pictures of people crucifying themselves cheesy cheesy

For your information,Jesus is no longer on the cross. , .he is risen as confirmed by the Qu'ran. So anybody crucifying him/herself is like you say on their own. smileyHaving said that you can't compare the demonic bloodletting to your Shia brethren anyway grin

The reason I brought the bloody aspects of Ashoora up is because you called my faith a 'cult' ,'blood sucker' etc.

Honestly, the moment you started this thread,I thought you were one of those intelligent and reflective muslims (like LagosBoy kiss ),who never decended to name -calling like the numerous semi-literate religious bigots on NL (e.g Abuzola tongue ),but you have proven yourself to be just that(the latter) .

With your gutter language, I call to question your depth of knowledge & honestly have no confidence in all you have been posting. You probably just cut and paste from a Shia site without making any sense of it.

Learn from Hussain - don't fight back tongue. . . God /posterity should vindicate you.

A word as they say is enough for the wise.

i have told you that those people inflicting wounds on themselves during Ashura have being told by our scholars of eminence to stop.fatwas have being issued to stop that.and the number is decreasing.i still maintain that you posted older pictures to dramatize.not only that,i have also come up with an explanation why people think they should do that.

as for you,you have not presented any logic why people who believe their small god sacrificed himself to appease the big God would crucify themselves.

i also compared the sacrifice of Imam Hussan to the alleged crucifixion of Jesus.one has an earthly and just cause while the one is sacrificing himself from god to god to appease with blood.why wont i call you what you are when you misbehave?

besides,i will not go further to discuss this issue about crucifixion here.i will not derail the thread.ive been in the main religion section and debated with christians.i found it futile since the ignorance is much and the number is high.people with the same ignorance about islam take turn to lauch their baseless attacks and dreams.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 12:31am On Dec 23, 2010

Ashura Procession Commemorating Imam Hussain's Matyrdom in Ghana 16/12/2010

Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 7:04pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ashura:Commemoration of the Matyrdom of Imam Hussain (as) by the Shia of Saudi Arabia 2010AD/1432AH:

Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 7:26pm On Dec 23, 2010
The 7th Imam from the holy progeny of the Prophet Muhammad (sa),Imam Ali Ibn Musa Ibn Ja'far Ibn Muhammad Ibn Ali Ibn al-Hussain Ibn Ali Ibn Abi Talib,ar-Reda (A.S.) said (to Reyyan Ibn Shabib):

O' Son of Shabib! If you have to cry over something, then do so over Husain Ibn 'Ali (A.S.) for surely, he was slaughtered in the manner in which a ram is slaughtered.

[Bhar al-Anwar/ Vol.: 44/ pg.: 286]
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by Karbala: 12:05am On Dec 24, 2010
ENGLISH LECTURES:

1.) Maqtal (Killing) of Imam al-Husayn [a] - Sheikh Hamza Sodagar | Day of Ashura - Muharram 1432:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md14KQtBznA

2.) Balancing Logic & Emotion - Hajj Hassanain Rajabali | Lecture 08 Muharram 1432 2010 [HD]:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkBi9Ev0j8c
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 11:07am On Dec 24, 2010
ENGLISH LECTURES:

1.) "Philosophy of Weeping for Imam Hussain -- Dr. Sayed Khalil Tabatabai":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZeKH3zjBAY

2.) "Causes of Imam Hussain's Revolution -- Dr. Sayed Khalil Tabatabai":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qTXcQFbniU
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2010
We cry for Hussain, so did the Prophet of Islam:

http://www.al-islam.org/we-cry-for-Hussain/
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by AbuSafwan(m): 12:55pm On Dec 24, 2010
AH! The Pictures I can see are they really true or are just taken from a Hollywood? Don't forget Hussain really knew and witnessed that his Father, Sayyid Aliyu was brutally assassinated and yet, he did not innovate the custom of injuring and maiming his body. If Hussain were to come back today to and observe howthese people are injuring and cutting thier bodies just to mourn his assassination at Karbala he would fight them if they refused to abstain.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 1:11pm On Dec 24, 2010
Abu-Safwan:

AH! The Pictures I can see are they really true or are just taken from a Hollywood? Don't forget Hussain really knew and witnessed that his Father, Sayyid Aliyu was brutally assassinated and yet, he did not innovate the custom of injuring and maiming his body. If Hussain were to come back today to and observe howthese people are injuring and cutting thier bodies just to mourn his assassination at Karbala he would fight them if they refused to abstain.

Dear Sir,

firstly i dont know what you mean "from hollywood".i dont know whether that stems from jealousy or eye-sight problem with all due respect.

as for the issue of cutting oneself,i have thoroughly replied to that in posts #185,186,187,188 and 193 in this same thread.

You have to know that commemorating the matyrdom of Imam Hussain and being sympathethic towards the Prophet's family has nothing to do with cutting oneself.i am a shia and a muslim and have never cut myself and dont think i will ever do that.at least i have not yet being sincerely and emotionally moved to that extent when remembering or listening to the story of Imam Hussain's matyrdom.i have being moved to tears and wailing like a child but not cutting myself.

as for remembering Imam Hussain and feeling sad and crying,it is only natural that a true muslim feels that.at least he is the grandson of our Prophet,even if you refuse to accept him as the third divinely appointed imam,the first being Imam Ali (Hussain's father),whom the Prophet Muhammad himself personally declared as first imam and successor.i have also presented lot of materials to explain why we commemorate the matyrdom of Imam Hussain.the matyrdom itself revived islam.in that same way,commemorating the matyrdom is to revive Islam and awaken the minds of the muslims lest they fall asleep and forget their islamic duties towards almighty Allah.the lessons of karbala are too many and there is great benefit to remind ourselves of it.all that put aside,the rememberance of karbala is most importantly a sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad which we must emulate as earlier stated here:

LagosShia:

We cry for Hussain, so did the Prophet of Islam:

http://www.al-islam.org/we-cry-for-Hussain/
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2010
MORE PICTURES FROM ZARIA,KADUNA STATE,NIGERIA, ASHURA:COMMEMORATING IMAM HUSSAIN'S MATYRDOM 1432 AH/2010AD

Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2010
@"Abu-Safwan"

the pictures posted from Nigeria can be verfied in the website of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, or islamicmovement.org

you can also find more pictures there.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 12:56pm On Dec 26, 2010
"One, who adopts patience, will never be deprived of success though it may take a long time to reach him"-Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib,1st Imam (as)

"Attend to your faith by giving in charity"-Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib,1st Imam(as)

"True worship is not to pray and to fast excessively, rather true worship is to ponder on God, the Most High"-Imam Ali Ibn Musa, ar-Ridha,8th Imam (as) 

"Love of this world is the root of all vice"-Imam Ja'far Ibn Muhammad,as-Sadeq,6th Imam (as) 

"There is no successful outcome in treating people unjustly"-Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib,1st Imam (as)

"Supplication is the key to Divine mercy"-Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib,1st Imam (as)

"Initiating a good deed is a matter of choice, but seeing it through is obligatory"-Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib,1st Imam (as)

"There is no drop more loved by God than a teardrop that falls in the dark of the night from fear of God, meant solely for him and no one else"- Imam Muhammad Ibn Ali, al-Baqer,5th Imam (as)
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by illusion2: 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2010
Is this Imam Hussain live in Ghana ? undecided

Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by isalegan2: 6:23pm On Dec 26, 2010
LagosShia:

MORE PICTURES FROM ZARIA,KADUNA STATE,NIGERIA, ASHURA:COMMEMORATING IMAM HUSSAIN'S MATYRDOM 1432 AH/2010AD

Salaam Aleikum, LagosShia,
I don't think you should be posting pictures of those girls' faces.  Unless they consented to having their images used on Nairaland. I'm sure you know the nonsense that goes on here and how innocent peoples' images are misused.  Just my opinion.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2010
illusion2:

Is this Imam Hussain live in Ghana ? undecided

i wont take offense with your statement because the man in that picture is a pious man.and yes he is was the modern-day Imam Hussain for the Ghanaian Shia Muslim community.i will also not take offense because that is how big and far your cockroach brain can carry you.

the name of the Sheikh who recently passed away is the National Chief Imam of Shia Muslims inn Ghana Sheikh Abdul-Salam Abdul-Hamid Bansi.he is somehow in Ghana what Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky is in Nigeria.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2010
isale_gan2:

Salaam Aleikum, LagosShia,
I don't think you should be posting pictures of those girls' faces. Unless they consented to having their images used on Nairaland. I'm sure you know the nonsense that goes on here and how innocent peoples' images are misused. Just my opinion.

Thank you brother for the advice.may Allah reward you.

just to point out,similarly i got those pictures from the web.and i only used them as intended for taking them during the occassion of Ashura.so if anyone misuse them,Allah is our witness and judge.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by isalegan2: 7:22pm On Dec 26, 2010
LagosShia:

Thank you brother for the advice.may Allah reward you.

just to point out,similarly i got those pictures from the web.and i only used them as intended for taking them during the occassion of Ashura.so if anyone misuse them,Allah is our witness and judge.

All right.  I accept your answer.  I just wouldn't do it myself.  But thanks for your response. 

I wanted to ask you something else.  I don't want to put on your head the responsibility of defending every Shia in the world and everything about it, but you seem to have chosen that for yourself taken on that role, at least on this forum.  smiley

Why does Shia accept temporary marriage?  Nikkah Muta or any other?  Do you think it benefits the woman and man equally?  Is it being discouraged or is it growing?  What kind of people are more likely to practise it?  You can answer any time.  Salaam.

(Also, I do not wish to mislead you or anyone.  I am a sister.  I just don't want to provide too much personal info in my profile.)
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 8:41pm On Dec 26, 2010
isale_gan2:

All right. I accept your answer. I just wouldn't do it myself. But thanks for your response.

Welcome!

I wanted to ask you something else. I don't want to put on your head the responsibility of defending every Shia in the world and everything about it, but you seem to have chosen that for yourself. smiley

Lol
I am not responsible for the actions of each individual.i am only propagating my beliefs.

Why does Shia accept temporary marraige? Nikkah Muta or any other? Do you think it benefits the woman and man equally? Is it being discouraged or is it growing? What kind of people are more likely to practise it? You can answer any time. Salaam.

(Also, I do not wish to mislead you or anyone. I am a sister. I just don't want to provide too much personal info in my profile.)

1.Why does shia accept temporary marriage?

Answer: the Prophet and the companions deemed it legal and Islam permits it.temporary marriage is called “nikah muta” or simply mut’a.it is recored that mut’a was performed even after the Prophet’s death and right into the time of Abu Bakr’s rule.it was during Umar’s rule that he banned.

2.)do you think it benefits the woman and man equally?

Answer:when practiced properly and for the right reasons and with the good intention and fear of God,yes it serves them equally.ofcourse no one will force anyone to do mut’a and there are conditions for such a marriage to be conducted and permitted.if those conditions are not met,then the marriage is void.the conditions are to protect the individuals involved.

3.)Is it being discouraged or is it growing?

Answer:it cannot be discouraged.accordingly,discouraging mut’a would be like discouraging any other act that is permitted in Islam like salat.we cannot discourage what the religion has allowed.ofcourse in the case of mut’a,it is not obligatory to perform it.but if you decide to do,there is no sin in it and it is allowed but must be performed properly and for the right reasons and caution must be taken.

On the question if it is growing,I do not honestly know because I don’t have facts and figures.

4.) What kind of people are more likely to practise it?

Answer:anyone can perform mut’a.widows,the youth and the divorced are more likely to perform mut’a and more reasonable if they do.

You can read more about mut’a marriage,here:

http://www.al-islam.org/search.php?selected_tab=&having=950604&cat=0&sid=858479772

Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by ShiaMuslim: 8:44pm On Dec 26, 2010
isale_gan2:

All right. I accept your answer. I just wouldn't do it myself. But thanks for your response.

Welcome!

I wanted to ask you something else. I don't want to put on your head the responsibility of defending every Shia in the world and everything about it, but you seem to have chosen that for yourself. smiley

Lol
I am not responsible for the actions of each individual.i am only propagating my beliefs.

Why does Shia accept temporary marraige? Nikkah Muta or any other? Do you think it benefits the woman and man equally? Is it being discouraged or is it growing? What kind of people are more likely to practise it? You can answer any time. Salaam.

(Also, I do not wish to mislead you or anyone. I am a sister. I just don't want to provide too much personal info in my profile.)

Answer: the Prophet and the companions deemed it legal and Islam permits it.temporary marriage is called “nikah muta” or simply mut’a.it is recored that mut’a was performed even after the Prophet’s death and right into the time of Abu Bakr’s rule.it was during Umar’s rule that he banned.

Answer:when practiced properly and for the right reasons and with the good intention and fear of God,yes it serves them equally.ofcourse no one will force anyone to do mut’a and there are conditions for such a marriage to be conducted and permitted.if those conditions are not met,then the marriage is void.the conditions are to protect the individuals involved.

Answer:it cannot be discouraged.accordingly,discouraging mut’a would be like discouraging any other act that is permitted in Islam like salat.we cannot discourage what the religion has allowed.ofcourse in the case of mut’a,it is not obligatory to perform it.but if you decide to do,there is no sin in it and it is allowed but must be performed properly and for the right reasons and caution must be taken.

On the question if it is growing,I do not honestly know because I don’t have facts and figures.

Answer:anyone can perform mut’a.widows,the youth and the divorced are more likely to perform mut’a and more reasonable if they do.

http://www.al-islam.org/search.php?selected_tab=&having=950604&cat=0&sid=858479772
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by Karbala: 8:46pm On Dec 26, 2010

Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by Zhulfiqar1: 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2010

Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 11:05pm On Dec 26, 2010
WATCH VIDEO:
ASHURA COMMEMORATING IMAM HUSSAIN'S MATYRDOM 2010 IN NIGERIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw0ilgMkmvs
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 11:11pm On Dec 26, 2010
isale_gan2:

All right.  I accept your answer.  I just wouldn't do it myself.  But thanks for your response. 

I wanted to ask you something else.  I don't want to put on your head the responsibility of defending every Shia in the world and everything about it, but you seem to have chosen that for yourself taken on that role, at least on this forum.  smiley

Why does Shia accept temporary marriage?  Nikkah Muta or any other?  Do you think it benefits the woman and man equally?  Is it being discouraged or is it growing?  What kind of people are more likely to practise it?  You can answer any time.  Salaam.

(Also, I do not wish to mislead you or anyone.  I am a sister.  I just don't want to provide too much personal info in my profile.)

Dear sister,

i have replied you severally with different ID's as my ID'S got banned temporarily one after the other (each time i posted that reply to you).you can check my profile @ "LagosShia" and view my posts.you will see the reply to your post there:

here is a copy of the reply in quote:
LagosShia:

Lol

Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by isalegan2: 6:03pm On Dec 27, 2010
LagosShia:

Dear sister,

i have replied you severally with different ID's as my ID'S got banned temporarily one after the other (each time i posted that reply to you).you can check my profile @ "LagosShia" and view my posts.you will see the reply to your post there:

here is a copy of the reply in quote:

All right.  Thank you for your response.  I'm sorry you had so much trouble posting it.  I recently had similar headache (because of "spambot"wink with a post in which I transribed one of the recently departed Barrister's songs.  I posted it numerous times but it wasn't until 2 days later that it was published in the thread.

I've read your response about Nikah Mutah.  I still don't like it.  I would prevent any biological sister of mine from doing it and dissuade any biological brother from doing it.  I don't think I will ever accept it no matter the reasoning.  But, I would leave others alone if they think it is right for them.  Even though I don't see anyone that I know actually participating in such a thing.

Also, you said "widows, divorcees and youth" are more likely to partake in it.  Any young woman that does it, I feel, is just ruining her future.  I remember reading about a young woman who did Nikah Mutah with a "boyfriend."  After two years, he told her he was ready for real long-term marriage.  But, guess what?  He couldn't marry her, because his mother and rest of the family think she is not good enough.  Of course, he was never going to marry her.  I can see why an exploitative prurient young man (like the one in the newspaper story) would want to talk a girl into it - to satisfy his own needs - but a reasonable woman, no matter how old, with a future, would be crazy to do it.  Just my opinion.  I don't have any surahs or hadith to quote.  I'm sure you've seen them all, anyway. 

Salaam.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 6:21pm On Dec 27, 2010
@isale_gan2

note:a virgin/unmarried female is not allowed to enter into an agreement of mutah marriage without her father's or guardian's permission.that ofcourse would make it close to impossible.as for others,the practice itself is not forbidden.but hardly anyone would do it,if one does not think of it being beneficial.as for the society at large,this could be one way of curbing prostitution because many of the actions involved in permanent marriage are also observed in mutah marriage.for example,iddah (period of waiting after divorce or death) is observed in mutah marriage and in the case of any pregnancy,the child is legitimate.it all boils down to the issue of how long will two people spend together.its like someone signing a divorce certificate on his wedding date,knowing that the agreement can be renewed,terminated or transformed into permanent marriage.if two people truly like themselves,then they will decide to remain forever if their agreement ends(by making the marriage permanent).but if they dont like themselves,even if they were permanently married that marriage will eventually scatter.so the positive effects are there and the negative effects are there.but overall it can be used positively when practiced properly and the conditions suit the individual.i just believe that no woman should enter into mutah marriage,with complete belief that mutah will change to permanent.it could become permanent.but the woman herself must do it for her own benefits other than the aim to have a permanent marriage.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by isalegan2: 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2010
Okay.  I think we agree it is definitely not good for certain segment of society.

I found the original article to which I referred.  It's an old article about Iran so things may have changed a lot since then.   I had read it a couple of years ago, so, got a couple of minor information wrong in my previous post, but the essence is correct.

I know you've already answered.  I was searching for the article before I saw your response.

Salaam.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B02E7DD113DF937A35753C1A9669C8B63
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 8:08pm On Dec 27, 2010
First of all let me say that the article is from the perspective of a westerner.and for the west,anything islam is like venom.they never see good in it.if a muslim holds a knife to cut onions,they will only understand that the knife can be used to kill.their women would rather be sleeping every night with a different man than for them to be in a temporary which has Iddah period (waiting period before a woman can re-marry) and that period would by far make the number of ba$tards (and those who dont know their fathers) less in the society.let me just state a few points from what I read in the article that I don’t agree with:

1.) Temporary marriage is not a loophole in the islamic system of iran.and those that violate any part of it could be punished.temporary marriage as the article rightly cited,existed in the days of the Prophet.
2.) Temporary marriage should not only be seen as a way of satisfying the sexual urge.
3.) The saying that “many iranians regard temporary marriage as little more than legalized prostitution” is silly.that is a lay man’s view.if a woman is not a virgin (divorced) and wants to satisfy her urge or her loneliness doing it in a legal way is not a bad thing.
4.) The article concentrates much on the sex side of the marriage than other factors and outcomes and benefits.
5.) No one forces anyone to do temporary marriage.but it is the sad part of reality that women do exist who like men are sexuallly active and are not virgins and they need men.no one is saying virgins should do it or those who can abstain should be forced to do it.no one is saying that.but for those who cant,there is a proper way to do it within a marriage setting and with a legal agreement with each individual knowing his or her rights and limits with certain conditions and obligations that must be observed.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by Sweetnecta: 8:22pm On Dec 27, 2010
@hymen: The Quran didnt say Jesus was crucified. Quran didnt say that he was resurrected. I am sure you might have been wanting to take one over LagosShia, in the heat of your anger.

@LagosShia: No father will want his daughter for a muta marriage. Definitely no believer will want something like that.

Surah Nisaa verse 25 makes sure it should not be so. So are many other verses of many other surahs. All marriages should be with the intention of forever on this earth. Anything less than that is forbidden and it is deceitful.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by isalegan2: 8:32pm On Dec 27, 2010
LagosShia:

First of all let me say that the article is from the perspective of a westerner.and for the west,anything islam is like venom.they never see good in it.if a muslim holds a knife to cut onions,they will only understand that the knife can be used to kill.their women would rather be sleeping every night with a different man than for them to be in a temporary which has Iddah period (waiting period before a woman can re-marry) and that period would by far make the number of ba$tards (and those who dont know their fathers) less in the society.let me just state a few points from what I read in the article that I don’t agree with:

1.) Temporary marriage is not a loophole in the islamic system of iran.and those that violate any part of it could be punished.temporary marriage as the article rightly cited,existed in the days of the Prophet.
2.) Temporary marriage should not only be seen as a way of satisfying the sexual urge.
3.) The saying that “many iranians regard temporary marriage as little more than legalized prostitution” is silly.that is a lay man’s view.if a woman is not a virgin (divorced) and wants to satisfy her urge or her loneliness doing it in a legal way is not a bad thing.
4.) The article concentrates much on the sex side of the marriage than other factors and outcomes and benefits.
5.) No one forces anyone to do temporary marriage.but it is the sad part of reality that women do exist who like men are sexuallly active and are not virgins and they need men.no one is saying virgins should do it or those who can abstain should be forced to do it.no one is saying that.but for those who cant,there is a proper way to do it within a marriage setting and with a legal agreement with each individual knowing his or her rights and limits with certain conditions and obligations that must be observed.

LagosShia,

I do not agree with the way the article is written.  I know how the so called western world feels about us.  And I know of the ills of their society without having to partake in it.  Don't get me started!   lipsrsealed

I only posted it because I had mentioned it as the place where I had read about the practice, and made an effort to find it to refresh my memory.  Also, that newspaper is generally more fair or less unfair as the case may be.

Anyway, I will remove it and post the link only.  I don't care to reproduce it and permanently display it in my message.

Salaam.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2010
@sister isale_gan2

i dont lay any blame at you.not at all!!!
i was only making those points to clarify.infact if left for me,it is better you leave the post.aside from some points,there are also a few good points the article stated.so please you can leave.there is no problem at all.
Re: Shia-islam-what Do You Know Or Would Like To Know? by LagosShia: 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@LagosShia: No father will want his daughter for a muta marriage. Definitely no believer will want something like that.

Surah Nisaa verse 25 makes sure it should not be so. So are many other verses of many other surahs. All marriages should be with the intention of forever on this earth. Anything less than that is forbidden and it is deceitful.

please can you give us the "many other verses".i have NOT read them.please show us if you know them.

based on your above,then even talaq (divorce) would be forbidden.but divorce is allowed and there is an entire chapter of the holy Quran called Surat-at-Talaq (chapter of divorce).

as far as the Quran and mut'a is allowed,muta is allowed in the Quran and even sunnis know that.as for its total prohibition in sunni islam,that was not revealed in the Quran.that came during the time of Umar,the second caliph long after the Quran has beeen completely revealed and the death of the Prophet.the prohibition therefore was not given in the Quran nor by the Prophet himself.shia believe that whatever is halal (eventhough not obligatory to perform as the case is with muta),that act will be halal forever.Allah does not make something halal today and make it haram tomorrow.muta should be understood correctly and performed properly.people do have the wrong understanding because muta is not the best option available but can serve as a legal remedy for societal ills.

as for the verse you presented here is what it says (see below).i would humbly advice you not to misquote or misinterprete Quranic verses simply to make an argument or present your own point of view.refrain from doing that.if for instance a christian does that we will not be happy.so why do that ourselves?i can see you were not happy with the lie of "hymen" that the Quran says Jesus was crucified and resurrected.so please lets be straightforward.

SURAT AN-NISA VERSE 25-it does not talk about prohibiting muta marriage but permission to wed captured females:

If any of you have not the means wherewith to wed free believing women, they may wed believing girls from among those whom your right hands possess: and Allah hath full knowledge about your Faith. Ye are one from another: wed them with the leave of their owners, and give them their dowers, according to what is reasonable: they should be chaste not lustful nor taking paramours: when they are taken in wedlock, if they fall into shame, their punishment is half that for free women. This (permission) is for those among you who fear sin; but it is better for you that ye practise self-restraint: And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead / Snoop Dogg And Ice Cube Joined Islam / Lodge Your Complaints Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.