Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,481 members, 7,861,386 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:21 AM

"Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition (31527 Views)

Update On Petition Against Brymo's Twitter Rants Against The Igbos / How Petitions On Tinubu’s Bullion Vans Landed Magu In Trouble / EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition by NGpatriot: 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2019
Bennycollins:
Go and find how much Atiku's son in-law is being prosecuted for moving during electioneering period be you call others daft. You can move your own money illegally under the money laundering act my friend.

2 different and unrelated issues, this is about bullion vans which is not money laundering, not about money or aiku's son in law or his money during the election. Money laundering act referenced bank transaction so even if it was money, obviously, bullion vans conveying money from banks means bank transaction occurred so you still don't have a point.

If atiku is still your issue, start your own topic to discuss that.
Re: "Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition by egoldman(m): 5:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
jacksonkennedy:
lol...it will not be hard to prove. The billion van was driven by drivers and loaded by bank staff.... with the right persuasions they will open up

Each bullion van that left a bank is on record , amount it carried , from which branch , vehicle number , drivers , security men , destination , amount etc , every goddamn details are on record .Efcc knows this too , the fact is that Magu cannot bite the hand that feed him , if he goes after Tinubu, he would be fired and most likely will be prosecuted for real and imaginary crimes . This is Nigeria for you , it didn't start with Buhari , my problem is why does buhari want to continue with the same evil that has kept us backward for long time ?

1 Like

Re: "Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition by NGpatriot: 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2019
egoldman:

Each bullion van that left a bank is on record , amount it carried , from which branch , vehicle number , drivers , security men , destination , amount etc , every goddamn details are on record .Efcc knows this too , the fact is that Magu cannot bite the hand that feed him , if he goes after Tinubu, he would be fired and most likely will be prosecuted for real and imaginary crimes . This is Nigeria for you , it didn't start with Buhari , my problem is why does buhari want to continue with the same evil that has kept us backward for long time ?

So, why not start the investigation or petition with the bank that sent the BV instead of petitioning a private individual because bullion vans were sent to his house which in itself is not a crime to start with? Or is it?

It's like putting the cart before the horse.
Re: "Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition by DedeNkem: 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2019
Magu is very corrupt! He will NEVER go after Tinubu or any powerful politician!

1 Like

Re: "Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition by Dagrace01(m): 7:26pm On Nov 01, 2019
This case is very fragile. Tinubu is not a government official truly, he's just a party man. You can only probe whoever is in government that gives him access to a looted money. The only way he can be probed is if there's a bone buried back in his 8yrs resign as Lagos governor that needs to be exhumed. Aside that? No one can probe him. He's a business man as we all know and no one can question the likes of Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, Alakija or Adeleke if they have bullion vans in their house. I'm not trying to defend him, but aside finding a bullion van in his house, whoever is accusing him should link him to something that can nail him down, like investigating the man in a political post that gives him access to looting.

1 Like

Re: "Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition by egoldman(m): 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2019
NGpatriot:

So, why not start the investigation or petition with the bank that sent the BV instead of petitioning a private individual because bullion vans were sent to his house which in itself is not a crime to start with? Or is it?

It's like putting the cart before the horse.

Bullion van was not seen at Tinubu's house during normal time , but during the presidential election , Tinubu also is a prominent member of the ruling party .He was quoted to have confirmed that the bullion van was carrying cash his money (which may not have been a crime )
Normally this should be enough for efcc to at least ask some questions , nothing bad in that .
But as i said before Magu might actually want to go after Tinubu for some explanations, but he certainly won't do that for obvious reasons .
Re: "Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition by Johnnyessence(m): 9:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
happney65:
The acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, on Friday refused to answer a question regarding a petition submitted against All Progressives Congress chieftain, Bola Tinubu.

Magu, who held a press conference in Abuja, had lamented the high rate of corruption in the country especially among the youths who perpetrate internet fraud.

The EFCC boss had also stated that many non-governmental organisations operating in the North-East were being used for money laundering.

However, when The PUNCH asked Magu to give an update on the petition submitted against Tinubu, Magu, who appeared agitated, said, “You want me to talk about a petition here? Next question please.”

The PUNCH reports that the Convener, Concerned Nigerians, Deji Adeyanju, had last week submitted a petition against Tinubu for having two cash-laden bullion vans in his compound on the eve of the presidential elections in February.

Tinubu had stated during an interview that the money belonged to him and he was free to distribute it to his supporters since he was not a government official.

Incidentally, the EFCC is currently prosecuting the son-in-law of the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, for attempting to distribute money ahead of the same election.

Meanwhile, Adeyanju said in a Facebook post that he had not been contacted by the EFCC since he submitted the petition.

https://punchng.com/bullion-vans-magu-shuns-question-on-tinubu-petition/?fbclid=IwAR2LmdH9NsfiAOEYdwYzEUylNrzZyukSP6YC3YihL9H_SZH7BASYUGrbp8g
I know vividly that the clueless magu won't probe Tinubu bullion vans case. Clueless hyprocrite that is after opposition supporters .
Re: "Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition by NGpatriot: 9:36pm On Nov 01, 2019
egoldman:

Bullion van was not seen at Tinubu's house during normal time , but during the presidential election , Tinubu also is a prominent member of the ruling party .He was quoted to have confirmed that the bullion van was carrying cash his money (which may not have been a crime )
Normally this should be enough for efcc to at least ask some questions , nothing bad in that .
But as i said before Magu might actually want to go after Tinubu for some explanations, but he certainly won't do that for obvious reasons .

There's no law banning operation of bullion Vans, even during any election

Tinubu did not confirm anything about money or what was in the BV, that was your own made-up story.

He said even if it was money in the Vans, was it your money or was any money reported stolen.

He asked you a question, not confirmation.

Instead of rambling your own tales and personal opinion, state the criminal acts committed or the laws violated.

You can not investigate or convict people based on opinions, insinuations or assumptions.
Re: "Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition by MetaPhysical: 2:16am On Nov 02, 2019
immhotep:

I thought that owning a private jet is kworropshon.
What happened?

Cc lzaa GMBuharii greenback Afamed Adaibeku

Roads are not safe. Adaibeku should not be endangered. grin grin
Re: "Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition by Kpoikpoi: 5:36am On Nov 02, 2019
tinny898:
I cry for this country cry

Like if you think this country is a shit hole

Share if you think otherwise
Re: "Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition by Kpoikpoi: 5:38am On Nov 02, 2019
Actually this is a beautiful country.
I think BIAFRA is the shit hole,that's why you guys can't live there but are instead scattered all over the universe.
Re: "Tinubu's Bullion Vans": Magu Shuns Question On Petition by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 02, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Roads are not safe. Adaibeku should not be endangered. grin grin

I have just reported you to lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: As A Father & Brother, I Am Touched By Your Infirmities / Muslims Who Shout ‘Allahu Akbar’ Before Killing Innocent Are Insane - Osinbajo / Ifunanya, Orji Uzor Kalu's Wife's Birthday: Senators Celebrate With Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.