Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken (6873 Views)

Kayode Oso Resigns As Ekiti Commissioner / Video Shows Shiites Attacked Nigerian Army Cheif / BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Temin(m): 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2010
Today at arround 1050PM Oso field managed by Mobil Production was attacked. Hostage taken. Facility already shutting down.

LAGOS, Nigeria -(Dow Jones)- Eight crew members were kidnapped from an Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM: 70.68 ,-0.36 ,-0.50%) facility in Nigeria late Sunday, a person close to the situation said on Monday evening.

The kidnapped crew were all Nigerian, the person told Dow Jones Newswires. It wasn't immediately clear if other crew members were at the facility at the time of the attack.

Gunmen boarded an offshore facility Sunday night in shallow water offshore Nigeria's Akwa Ibom state, the latest in a string of incidents in Nigeria's oil-producing Niger Delta region.

The U.S. oil company released few details about the disruption, but an Exxon Mobil spokesman said in an email that "production on the facility has been shut in as a precautionary measure." The spokesman gave no details on the amount of production affected by the incident and didn't identify the name of the field affected.

The project that was affected in the attack was the Oso project, according to several people familiar with the situation. Oso has been targeted in previous disruptions in Nigeria. It has in the past produced some 75,000 barrels of oil a day with estimated reserves of 500 million barrels of oil, according to previous Exxon Mobil information.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2010/11/15/crew-members-kidnapped-exxon-nigeria-facility-source/
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by EzeUche0(m): 10:57pm On Nov 14, 2010
These militants have turned up the heat. Seems like the amnesty program failed.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by aljharem(m): 10:59pm On Nov 14, 2010
sources!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Temin(m): 11:07pm On Nov 14, 2010
My location is close to Oso field . I am in the control room and I am listening to the radio communication.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by aljharem(m): 11:15pm On Nov 14, 2010
Temin:

My location is close to Oso field . I am in the control room and I am listening to the radio communication.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

this mend are really serious now ooooo
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by jason12345: 11:17pm On Nov 14, 2010
is this for real? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Osama10(m): 11:18pm On Nov 14, 2010
I was just listening to the info on 16. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Osama10(m): 11:21pm On Nov 14, 2010
Temin:

What channel were you listening to that news, was it on marine.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2010
Temin:

thanks for the situation report jack bauer .lol
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by abagoro(m): 11:36pm On Nov 14, 2010
Where is beaf?

True federalism remains our last hope.

Watch out for the deadly Efik/Ibibio militia and MASSOB next year.This can still be stopped by just a simple decision.Ending unnecessary frame ups and true federalism.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 14, 2010
lets see what the messiah will do about these terrorists

they are terrorists now, aren't they?
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:41pm On Nov 14, 2010
I guess this MEND guys are stepping up their game. detaining Henry orkar and Charles orkar has not helped in any way. the govt have to go after those mend boys in the creek and smoke them out.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by EzeUche0(m): 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2010
abagoro:

Watch out for the deadly Efik/Ibibio militia and MASSOB next year.This can still be stopped by just a simple decision.Ending unnecessary frame ups and true federalism.

I seriously doubt it my brother. The Efik/Ibibio are not prone to militancy. Now the Ogoni on the other hand might turn to it.

Ibibios basically have the same outlook as the wider Igbo.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by asha80(m): 11:47pm On Nov 14, 2010
abagoro:

Where is beaf?

o boy which one be this efik/ibibio militian wey you dey always talk about?
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by jason12345: 11:47pm On Nov 14, 2010
this nonsense is getting too much!!! haba!

GJ IS A VERY VERY WEAK PRESIDENT!!! ( with respect to all gj supporters)

all this mend guys need is a strong willed president. we have spent billions of dollars on amnesty for them to stop yet they continued, one of their own was made the Vice president of the country and yet they continued.

[size=16pt]WE NEED A STRONG PRESIDENT!!![/size] THIS GUYS EVEN BLEW UP OUR CAPITAL ON OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY.

can you imagine this nonsense?
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 14, 2010
RICHIE BOI:

I guess this MEND guys are stepping up their game. detaining Henry orkar and Charles orkar has not helped in any way. the govt have to go after those mend boys in the creek and smoke them out.
Abegi,as if the president doesn't know them.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Beaf: 12:15am On Nov 15, 2010
abagoro:

Where is beaf?

Dude shut up! Why do you keep calling me and then talking crap? If you are a member of your deadly Efik/Ibibio militia or an armed robber, govt will fish you out and deal with you.
Last time a bomb went off in Delta state, you were screaming this deadly Efik/Ibibio militia nonsense, forgetting that there are no Efik or Ibibio in Delta state. Mumu.
Abeg, make pesin see road jare!
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by jason12345: 12:16am On Nov 15, 2010
i personally think mend is taking the piss!
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Beaf: 12:22am On Nov 15, 2010
jason12345:

all this mend guys need is a strong willed president. we have spent billions of dollars on amnesty for them to stop yet they continued, one of their own was made the Vice president of the country and yet they continued.

[size=16pt]WE NEED A STRONG PRESIDENT!!![/size] THIS GUYS EVEN BLEW UP OUR CAPITAL ON OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY.

I hope your village will be the next one to be destroyed, because people from your end of town are hardly any different from the Ijaws you hate. Your outbursts make you sound like a traitor who doesn't care how many villages are destroyed.
Not all topics are meant for kids.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by jason12345: 12:35am On Nov 15, 2010
Beaf:

I hope your village will be the next one to be destroyed, because people from your end of town are hardly any different from the Ijaws you hate. Your outbursts make you sound like a traitor who doesn't care how many villages are destroyed.
Not all topics are meant for kids.

so i hate ijaws because of mend? i don't generalise like that. i have no issues with the ijaws. the only problem i have is with mend and clark.

Gj needs to act fast because only God knows when we might have a new president (if he does not win) and he will summon a heavy military act in the ND.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by aduboy(m): 12:41am On Nov 15, 2010
Dude shut up! Why do you keep calling me and then
talking crap? If you are a member of your deadly Efik/
Ibibio militia or an armed robber, govt will fish you
out and deal with you.
Last time a bomb went off in Delta state, you were
screaming this deadly Efik/Ibibio militia nonsense,
forgetting that there are no Efik or Ibibio in Delta
state. Mumu.
Abeg, make pesin see road jare!

Am happy that you've realised that the so called militants are armed robbers/ criminals renamed to suite politicians especially those paraded by the president as REAL MEND. They all deserve punishment for taking arms against innocent Nigerians. I agree with Abagworo, criminals in akwaibom,cross river,imo and abia states will soon take on the state with arms in other to get the same recognition and settlement like their rivers,delta and bayelsa counterparts.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by egift(m): 12:53am On Nov 15, 2010
Maybe they will be invited for a second cup of coffee, a round table discussion and a Reality Tv Show on NTA tagged "Its Not Mend".

Perhaps blame it on Okah, some criminals, Northerners, Opponents and the rest of the Nation.

And crown it by posting a note on Facebook for us, his buddies and other smiley faces.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Beaf: 12:55am On Nov 15, 2010
jason12345:

so i hate ijaws because of mend? i don't generalise like that. i have no issues with the ijaws. the only problem i have is with mend and clark.

Gj needs to act fast because only God knows when we might have a new president (if he does not win) and he will summon a heavy military act in the ND.

From your posts, it comes across like you don't like Ijaws and Igbo's.
The last time I looked, there were Itsekiri militants, Urhobo militants etc, so how come you mention Jonathan as "one of their own?" that "we" have spent billions of dollars on. The only billion of dollars the govt has spent on the ND was the $3billion it took to arm the inefective JTF, whereas that money could have solved most of the polution problems in the ND.
Your people too are militants, we need to be careful not to pander to some weak identity and watch our folk wasted, as if we are divorced from our roots.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by jason12345: 12:58am On Nov 15, 2010
Beaf:

From your posts, it comes across like you don't like Ijaws and Igbo's.
The last time I looked, there were Itsekiri militants, Urhobo militants etc, so how come you mention Jonathan as "one of their own?" that "we" have spent billions of dollars on. The only billion of dollars the govt has spent on the ND was the $3billion it took to arm the inefective JTF, whereas that money could have solved most of the polution problems in the ND.
Your people too are militants, we need to be careful not to pander to some weak identity and watch our folk wasted, as if we are divorced from our roots.

ok brother, i am sorry if i come across as a traitor. cheesy

but bro, we need to stop this people that have hijacked mend because if we don't and a military action is required, then our people would be in trouble. sad. btw, whats up with clark and delta state
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Beaf: 12:59am On Nov 15, 2010
aduboy:

Am happy that you've realised that the so called militants are armed robbers/ criminals renamed to suite politicians especially those paraded by the president as REAL MEND. They all deserve punishment for taking arms against innocent Nigerians. I agree with Abagworo, criminals in akwaibom,cross river,imo and abia states will soon take on the state with arms in other to get the same recognition and settlement like their rivers,delta and bayelsa counterparts.

Do not generalise my statement. You have to ask yourself what anybody fighting in the Niger Delta really wants at this time, no genuine ND person is fighting in the creeks; they are all pretenders hired by dark political forces.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by asha80(m): 1:00am On Nov 15, 2010
jason12345:

but bro, we need to stop this people that have hijacked mend because if we don't and a military action is required, then our people would be in trouble. sad. btw, whats up with clark and delta state

he is from delta state.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Beaf: 1:03am On Nov 15, 2010
jason12345:

Don't be offended I used the word, traitor. I actually thought I had removed it, I was just a bit upset. We don't need to fall mugu for anybody playing dirty politics. No Niger Delta person is fighting at the moment. What would they be fighting for?

It is all dirty politics.

Like Asha80 said, Clark is from Delta state.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by EzeUche0(m): 1:04am On Nov 15, 2010
Where the hell can I run to for safety?

Political turmoil in the Southwest

Kidnapping in the Southeast

Militants in the South-South

Radical Muslims in the North

Crazy Fulani herdsmen in the Middle Belt

Naija don tire me sef!  I dey go!

Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by jason12345: 1:06am On Nov 15, 2010
EzeUche0:

Where the hell can I run?

Political turmoil in the Southwest

Kidnapping in the Southeast

Militants in the South-South

Radical Muslims in the North

Crazy Fulani herdsmen in the Middle Belt

Naija don tire me sef!  I dey go!

how
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by EzeUche0(m): 1:07am On Nov 15, 2010
jason12345:

how

Haven't you read about the assassination attempts on different southwest politicians?

Political season is never safe in the southwest. Everyone knows that.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 15, 2010
egift:

Maybe they will be invited for a second cup of coffee, a round table discussion and a Reality Tv Show on NTA tagged "Its Not Mend".

Perhaps blame it on Okah, some criminals, Northerners, Opponents and the rest of the Nation.

And crown it by posting a note on Facebook for us, his buddies.

You just got to love democracy for the freedom to yarn,i dey feel you bro.lol
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by koruji(m): 1:45am On Nov 15, 2010
You are mixing issues here.

This has nothing to do with GEJ being a strong or a weak president. That is the propaganda Buhari started - good political campaign message but of no substance. We have had Maitasine or whatever it is called and incenssant religious upheavals in the North. Jos has been with us for a while now, and Boko Haram is taking religious rascality to al qaeda levels. Nobody suggested any of the preceeding events made for a weak president - even when everybody knew Yar'adua was not attending to state matters because of sickness - the so-called leaders did not say a word as to his "weakness".

Nigeria's insecurity problem did not start today, and it will not end until we take the bull by the horn. It is not as if a president is going to enter the bush with dane guns chasing rascals - it is the same army that we have. And when a president orders total war against his own people as with Odi, he makes a bad name for himself and for the nation, and solves no problems.

We need to understand that most of the solution to Nigeria's problems is in the software not in the gra-gra of military hardware. The longer we wait the more difficult it becomes to resolve peacefully!

We all know why they are doing this at this time - Okah and the political climate. That's about it!

jason12345:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Country Would You Have Chosen To Be Born? / N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana / PDP Suspended Wamakko For Disrespecting Tukur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.