Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,780 members, 7,844,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken (6879 Views)

Kayode Oso Resigns As Ekiti Commissioner / Video Shows Shiites Attacked Nigerian Army Cheif / BREAKING NEWS...Hostages taken in French town of Roubaix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Temin(m): 1:46am On Nov 15, 2010
Osama10:

What channel were you listening to that news, was it on marine.

Yes on a marine radio.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Osama10(m): 1:52am On Nov 15, 2010
Temin:

Yes on a marine radio.

Are you around the South East Coast?
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Eemah(m): 2:10am On Nov 15, 2010
After all the billions spent on the amnesty program ? it seems to me that some that me
oney was nested in the pockets of our corrupt politicians.
May God help this arrangement called Nigeria.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by abagoro(m): 2:19am On Nov 15, 2010
Eemah:

After all the billions spent on the amnesty program ? it seems to me that some that me
oney was nested in the pockets of our corrupt politicians.
May God help this arrangement called Nigeria.

The rumour is that Militants did not get money from the amnesty but the money was rather shared by some commanders with Timi Alaibe.The boys are feeling short changed.The solution remains dialogue.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Beaf: 2:28am On Nov 15, 2010
abagoro:

The rumour is that Militants did not get money from the amnesty but the money was rather shared by some commanders with Timi Alaibe.The boys are feeling short changed.The solution remains dialogue.

Are you spreading false rumours in favour of the "deadly Efik/Ibibio" armed robbery group whose formation you claim to have insider knowledge of?
I hope SSS get on your case.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by abagoro(m): 2:29am On Nov 15, 2010
Beaf:

Dude shut up! Why do you keep calling me and then talking crap? If you are a member of your deadly Efik/Ibibio militia or an armed robber, govt will fish you out and deal with you.
Last time a bomb went off in Delta state, you were screaming this deadly Efik/Ibibio militia nonsense, forgetting that there are no Efik or Ibibio in Delta state. Mumu.
Abeg, make pesin see road jare!

I never said Ibibios exist in Delta okay.Try and listen to the streets if you actually live in Niger Delta.Nigeria is at the brink of an avoidable war just because of power tussle in the creeks.

I still predict that if proper action is not taken,MASSOB will go violent next year.A new militant group will emerge from Akwa-Cross axis.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Beaf: 2:34am On Nov 15, 2010
abagoro:

I never said Ibibios exist in Delta okay.Try and listen to the streets if you actually live in Niger Delta.Nigeria is at the brink of an avoidable war just because of power tussle in the creeks.

I still predict that if proper action is not taken,MASSOB will go violent next year.A new militant group will emerge from Akwa-Cross axis.

Are you a MASSOB commander and how much do you know about this new "militant group that will emerge from Akwa-Cross axis?"
In short, who is paying you people to shed blood?
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by jason12345: 2:35am On Nov 15, 2010
Beaf:

Are you a MASSOB commander and how much do you know about this new "militant group that will emerge from Akwa-Cross axis?"
In short, who is paying you people to shed blood?
grin grin grin grin. relax on the guy na!
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by abagoro(m): 2:41am On Nov 15, 2010
Beaf:

Are you spreading false rumours in favour of the "deadly Efik/Ibibio" armed robbery group whose formation you claim to have insider knowledge of?
I hope SSS get on your case.

Beaf.SSS already know me because I have them in my office premises.I am an average Nigerian without affiliations to any group.They also know everything more than I do but they lack the powers to completely prevent it.FYI,I also have some ex-militants training on skills acquisition within my company.

It is easy to obtain these informations.Just shine your eyes and listen to the streets.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Beaf: 2:43am On Nov 15, 2010
jason12345:

grin grin grin grin. relax on the guy na!

Does anybody have that sort of info without being involved? Abagworo has been talking about the formation of a new deadly Efik / Ibibio militia for some time now.
That sort of info isn't available on the streets.

You never know who you could be talking to on NL.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by deluxecad(m): 2:56am On Nov 15, 2010
Is this news for real? Source pls.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by showstopa: 3:02am On Nov 15, 2010
Hey,Is this news for real.? Any confirmations?
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Nobody: 3:20am On Nov 15, 2010
Some people are just playing with fire. MEND whether Fake or Real is in nobody's interest.

I grew up in Borikiri area of PH. In those days Bayelsa had not been created and PH was the capital city of the old River State.

The main militant leaders who form the core of militancy in the Niger-Delta were simply pick pockets, panickers, thugs and thieves of yesteryears. I can not stress this fact enough. I never believed that somehow these group of boys can truly transform into freedom fighters and never believed the story of militancy in ND will end well. Because when you arm illiterates and untrained militia they usually turn around to hunt their own people.

While I will be ready to bear witness anytime anyday that may be these boys would have had a different future if we lived in a different country with a different responsible Government; the fact remains that there were other youths who as well had difficult up bringing but made different choices.

Some are saying militancy has ended because there is nothing these boys are fight for anymore. Nothing can be further from the truth. These boys are fighting for what they have always fought for. "Their pockets".  This is what they believed in 20years ago, this is what they believed in 10 or 5years ago and this is what the thugs trained under these boys will continue to believe in.

While Ateke Tom, Fara, Boyloaf and co may have been settled. Their boys have not been settled and the boys of their boys are yet to be settled. So this amnesty programme was never going to work.

If I was a junior militant with the ambition to be as rich as Ateke someday tell me why I will drop my arms and embrace some ridiculous amnesty programme when there are simply no consequences of me continuing kidnap-for-cash programmes, bunkering or at worst being at the centre of the next peace negotiations when I must have created more trouble and where I will then part with huge cash sums?

So we are simply creating a very dangerous loop here. As a Niger-Delta citizen with most of my family still in PH, I think it is time to call these criminals bluff. Anybody blowing up pipelines or kidnapping anyone should be captured and dealt with severely.

I am in support of 100% resource control for the Niger-Delta, I am in support of True Federalism. I believe the answer or route to these things is politics rather than making my homeland unsafe for all law abiding citizens.
True federalism or Resource Countrol will be achieved in the NASS by passing laws not through bombings in the creeks.

The quiet and calm PH I grew up as a boys going to school no longer exists. In those days our role models were Finidi George, Furo Iyenemi, Emmanuel Ebiede etc. These days the celebrities and folks kids hear about are now Fara Dagogo and Ateke Tom.

Who wants to live in a society like that?
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by hakanai(m): 3:25am On Nov 15, 2010
DAILY INDEPENDENT

LAST UPDATED AT Sat Nov, 13 2010

Print

Email

JTF raids militant’s camp in Bayelsa, recover arms

By Akanimo Sampson (Port Harcourt) and Emma Gbemudu (Yenagoa)

Joint Military Taskforce (JTF) operatives have launched fresh offensive on the militant hideouts across the Niger Delta, the latest being the ransacking of the camp owned by Keiti Sese, also known as Nomukeme, in Foropa, Southern Ijaw Local Government in Bayelsa State.

The operatives arrested two militants and recovered weapons during the operation that saw them exchange intense gunfire with the renegades for at least 10 minutes, according to a statement the JTF Commander, Major General Charles Omoregie issued on Saturday.

This emerged as tension heightens in the oil-bearing communities over fresh hostilities there. On Thursday, unknown gunmen bombed the country home of the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta, Timi Alaibe, killing a policeman.

That occurred on the day explosions also rocked a Delta Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) Governorship aspirant’s home, killing his 73-year-old mother and nine-year-old niece.

Sese escaped arrest during the onslaught which Omoregie said is routine and targeted at ending the pockets of insurgency in the deep South, more than a year after Aso Rock declared the amnesty programme to rehabilitate the militants and address developmental challenges in the oil-rich Niger Delta.

Other items recovered from Sese’s camp included a 3D seismic programme map used in monitoring routes of oil pipelines in the locality, a list of over 36 registered members of the group, and five identity cards of militants believed to have embraced the amnesty programme.

Omoregie said the operatives raided the camp on November 8.

The recovered identity cards bear the names of Jacob Pere with Amnesty card number BY/B3/910/09; Mary Yelaye, BY/B1/2090/09; Gbedi Sese, BY/B1/2080/09; Flower Shedrack ,BY/B1/2089/09; and Sese Clement, BY/B1/209/09.

Sunday Independent gathered that Sese, now on the run, had hijacked a National Youth Service  Corps (NYSC) lodge and Health centre in the area as its camp and was  allegedly involved in other crimes such as despoil, sea piracy and bombing of oil pipelines.

The JTF said the notorious activities of the militants, coupled with complaints from the inhabitants of the locality, necessitated the invasion of the camp.

Omoregie said: “Between May and October this year, the JTF received five petitions calling for the intervention of the Force to check the criminal activities of Keiti Sese and his gang. The criminal activities listed by the petitioners included sea piracy, kidnapping, despoil, pipeline vandalism and illegal oil bunkering. The JTF also wishes to disclose that the ex-militants, who after accepting the Amnesty and benefiting from the goodwill of the Federal Government, have returned into criminality thus violating the Amnesty deal. They have been advised to retrace their steps or face the full weight of the law.

“In the light of this development and the re-emerging threat of militancy, the JTF wishes to reiterate that the Presidential Amnesty ended a year ago. Therefore, people who continue to bear arms illegally and masquerade as militants or emerging militants do so at their own risk. It must be stressed that lack of development can no longer be given as an excuse for irresponsible behaviours, criminal and treasonable acts in the region.”

Omoregie said the JTF is  committed to eliminate all threats of militancy, protect government interests and shore up the dwindling confidence of Nigerians and foreigners who live and do business in the region.

Sese has denied being a criminal.

He issued a statement from his hideout accusing the JTF of acting out the script of his detractors within the ranks of ex-militants to kill him.

He accused those repentant militants of benefiting from bunkering business in the Southern Ijaw Area of Bayelsa, and warned that killing him will not, in anyway, end the criminal activities in Foropa and other areas where the illegal act is high.

He added: “When I was ready to drop arms to the state government, they ignored me and instead focused on the local government elections. My killing will not bring end to the crisis in Foropa as some enshrined interests stand to benefit from illegal oil bunkering in the area.

“People who are known to be criminals are today walking freely under the guise of amnesty, but government has refused to grant me amnesty. I am committed to accepting the Federal Government amnesty offer.”

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin @ beaf wetin dey?read that statement and refer to your previous numerous posts.
chewing goro and watching my cattles and goats graze!,
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Beaf: 3:31am On Nov 15, 2010
^
Dude, nothing is wrong with my previous posts. The man is a criminal and should be dealt with.
There is nobody in the ND fighting now since fortune smiled on the area. Any so called MEND is fake as attested to even by the foreign press who have noted that recent emails have even been coming from a fake address.

Anybody claiming to be fighting now is either under the employ of dark political forces or is simply an armed robber.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 15, 2010
Beaf:

^
Dude, nothing is wrong with my previous posts. The man is a criminal and should be dealt with.
There is nobody in the ND fighting now since fortune smiled on the area. Any so called MEND is fake as attested to even by the foreign press who have noted that recent emails have even been coming from a fake address.

Anybody claiming to be fighting now is either under the employ of dark political forces or is simply an armed robber.

If you check how MEND emerged and take that into consideration you will realise that unfortunately your argument does not follow.

What was MEND? MEND was simply a loose umbrella organisation of various militant groups. There was no solid command structure for MEND, it only simply had a unified propaganda machine led by Arms Supplier Henry Okah.

The new E-mail address by MEND signifies a few things.
1. The major previous MEND propagandist have all been arrested

OR

2. Millitants have realised how ridiculous it is to use that same e-mail after it has been claimed by SSS that they were able to track from what home address messages were sent from that e-mail. Hence maybe a need for new one.

It does not prove that the current actors in the current MEND are simply not a splinter group of the previous MEND groups who think they have not been properly settled like the Ateke Toms or Boyloafs of this world.

This is no time for speculating on political undertones. Whether those conducting this kidnap belong to the previous command or not; they simply have to be dealt with.
Trying to diferentiate these guys based on who is fake or real and who is just or unjust is plain ridiculous. The so called guys we want to call original MEND have no moral justification for some of the attrocities that even they committed.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by hakanai(m): 4:30am On Nov 15, 2010
@beaf
still trusting external forces for information abi!hope later when they fault you,be sure to accept it and not discredit them.My points here is that countless times you have said no militancy in ND! shocked
With this instance you should know this criminals/militants/freedom fighters have everything in common with the likes of boyloaf,tompolo,dokubo,okah Aka ND freedom fighters etc. They share the same kidnapping,militancy bunkering, pocession of fire arms illegally,holding the govenrment to ransom to get what he/his people want,maturing from low life criminals and politcal thugs to scums.I mean how do you define this action as criminal and while you've supported in the past same actions done by other ND criminal groups.Justifying all there actions.
Let me answer, tribalism.Now that it is a ND government ,some of your guys are disappointed it is killing your chances of being Nigerian now than ever.This just how it feels when others are in power from places outside the ND and you keeping doing this crap to make them look bad.In the past, you saw militancy as welcoming and you secretly encouraged it.Because was Obj or yaradua.Freedom for the ND was on your lips instead or criminality.
Suddenly you see a one Nigeria and feel that your people should all lay down there arms and embrace your brothers GEJ Government so he could perform better as the enemies are gone abi? even people like Clark who spend there life time insulting other peoples in Nigeria change there tones.wonders will never end. undecided For me i still give credit to UMYA.He maybe sick but he came to power at a critical time, when notan oil pipeline remained on scratched by your freedom fighters.Global credit crunch ,recession loomed everywhere.you made it ungovernable for him.Today its your turn.You all thought the things you groomed will all just go because your GEj dey power.think again.they never did it for you or the ND.it has and always will be for them & ND elite lipsrsealed

You asked for more allocation at least 13% was given
You asked for NDDC and its there
You asked for ministry of ND
You asked for amnesty with guns and murder all on the shoulders of this criminals and got same. when other law abiding citizens are told not to screw with the laws of the land.
NNPC leadership-obaseiki etc
Goverment-military-paul dike,azazi etc ,vice president,president,ministers etc
you asked for security JTF dey.
You successfully attacked two other regions outside your sphere of control-Lagos,Abuja etc This alone is bad if people looked at it the other way.i mean, if a yoruba man or Northern man attacks anything or anywhere in the Niger delta.your brothers for dey form for mouth by now.

My concern is how much attention do you guys need?i think people are tired and Nigeria has being to kind to you.Not even the western world will tolerate your treasonable actions and still talk or dine with you.It is about Nigeria and Nigerians.It is more than just a region or a few tribe(s).
I would have respected you more, if you only learn to know when it is obvious things have being screwed up.ND or other wise.That is a good prelude to making positive changes.Nothing like MEND is good, fake or original.the law has being set aside for criminals to thrive.they had no right to arm themselves and kill federal agents or Nigerians or Nigeria in a quest for justice.else we all will be burning something by now.They had no right to embark on militancy.they are an enemy of state and not friends of Nigeria.Anyway God has his way of doing things.what you sow is what you reap.you plant militants and militancy you get what you have now to harvest.It is hard to manage what you have breed now.All those that supported it and brought it can't halt it any longer.that is why peacefull means sends a clearer message. shocked
Anyway you have that to deal with now.so goodluck! grin grin
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by homerac7: 4:57am On Nov 15, 2010
Ds r not MEND. We knw d real MEND and dey didn't do it. We knw dos who r behind ds acts. They r some nothern politicians who hired some thugs to cause trouble hiding under d name MEND. Afterall there were oil wells near my fathers house, so I know all d original MEND, in fact dey r coming for a tea party in my house.

LOL.

@Harka ni,

I can't put it better dn u did.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by aduboy(m): 5:46am On Nov 15, 2010
Do not generalise my statement. You have to ask
yourself what anybody fighting in the Niger Delta
really wants at this time, no genuine ND person is
fighting in the creeks; they are all pretenders hired
by dark political forces.

So are you saying that those who fought before are different from the ones fighting now. That Ateke tom,farah etc are freedom fighters or they had a cause which they fought for? Lies,lies,lies. They are all criminals who deserve the full wrath of the law and should be treated as so, not as V.I.Ps. Some us during our official duties have captured these criminals but orders always comes from above for their release. Am happy military operations have started again in the creeks to smoke out these thieves and this time around I hope GODFATHER's would allow us consolidate our gains. Some of us in the course of our duty have seen what people of the niger delta suffer. Apart from being under siege of mend and cohorts(REAL OR FAKE),they have little or no basic amenities and very wicked set of politicians who just exploit them and the situation. My pity really goes out to the normal and law abiding people of this region as bear the brunt of this military action/political interference indirectly like the case of a community which was cleansed of militants(known criminals) but on amnesty returned to slaughter about nine chiefs beheading them and still shielded by politicians and till date no action has been taken against them. It really pains me seeing this people as they claim to be mend with unscrupulous politicians. GEJ is seen as a ray of hope for our generation. He should please push out the criminals by his side including the fake and the real mend as they are not the ones who brought him to power as most of them and sycophants by his side always want him to believe. God put him there for a change and he needs to abandon the usual system. Let him re-orientate his people and let their be no reward for criminality but punishment for such acts. Schools,hospitals,roads and other basic amenities should be provided for the law abiding people and also reward hard work. This will go a long way to make oil exploration and exploitation easier than just paying some criminals,arms dealers and politicians. The nations security forces should be mandated to fish out all the criminals without fear or favour. We did that successfully at Liberia,sierraleone and bakassi peninsula. Long live Nigeri
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by absulo(m): 10:34am On Nov 15, 2010
8 persons that couldn't get to the safe haven were kidnapped. Militant tried to blow up d safe haven but eventually gave up when ESD was activated and the place went dark. Learnt d platform Superitendent was even shot.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by BabaTony: 10:51am On Nov 15, 2010
for me the nigeria millitary should go and smoke out those criminals out of the creeks, simple!i'm a niger delta too by the wayif you might think. those guys have not offered anything more than insecurity, unemployment, reduction in investments and the like, they are a greedy bunch fighting for their stomachs.i don talk my own
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by chiozor: 11:48am On Nov 15, 2010
i will reply after my haji@arafat! undecided
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by agitator: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2010
mikeansy:

Some people are just playing with fire. MEND whether Fake or Real is in nobody's interest.

I grew up in Borikiri area of PH. In those days Bayelsa had not been created and PH was the capital city of the old River State.

The main militant leaders who form the core of militancy in the Niger-Delta were simply pick pockets, panickers, thugs and thieves of yesteryears. I can not stress this fact enough. I never believed that somehow these group of boys can truly transform into freedom fighters and never believed the story of militancy in ND will end well. Because when you arm illiterates and untrained militia they usually turn around to hunt their own people.

While I will be ready to bear witness anytime anyday that may be these boys would have had a different future if we lived in a different country with a different responsible Government; the fact remains that there were other youths who as well had difficult up bringing but made different choices.

Some are saying militancy has ended because there is nothing these boys are fight for anymore. Nothing can be further from the truth. These boys are fighting for what they have always fought for. "Their pockets".  This is what they believed in 20years ago, this is what they believed in 10 or 5years ago and this is what the thugs trained under these boys will continue to believe in.

While Ateke Tom, Fara, Boyloaf and co may have been settled. Their boys have not been settled and the boys of their boys are yet to be settled. So this amnesty programme was never going to work.

If I was a junior militant with the ambition to be as rich as Ateke someday tell me why I will drop my arms and embrace some ridiculous amnesty programme when there are simply no consequences of me continuing kidnap-for-cash programmes, bunkering or at worst being at the centre of the next peace negotiations when I must have created more trouble and where I will then part with huge cash sums?

So we are simply creating a very dangerous loop here. As a Niger-Delta citizen with most of my family still in PH, I think it is time to call these criminals bluff. Anybody blowing up pipelines or kidnapping anyone should be captured and dealt with severely.

I am in support of 100% resource control for the Niger-Delta, I am in support of True Federalism. I believe the answer or route to these things is politics rather than making my homeland unsafe for all law abiding citizens.
True federalism or Resource Countrol will be achieved in the NASS by passing laws not through bombings in the creeks.

The quiet and calm PH I grew up as a boys going to school no longer exists. In those days our role models were Finidi George, Furo Iyenemi, Emmanuel Ebiede etc. These days the celebrities and folks kids hear about are now Fara Dagogo and Ateke Tom.

Who wants to live in a society like that?

mikeansy you just yarn the truth many NDs are avoiding, but it's the plain truth. I'm also from the ND, "There has never been a freedom fight right from the origin."  The issue was like let's protect our own, in case there is any fight/war these are the boys to fight for us.  Surprisingly the monster they reared is beyond their control. Before we got to this stage if you say anything against them, the intelligent/wise ones see you as a betrayer.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by abagoro(m): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2010
Thank you very much mikeansy for being truthful.beaf has been here feeding people lies that boyloaf and co were freedom fighters.I lived at Amadi flats as a kid and therefore had some experiences although not as much as you did living in Borokiri.

Ateke Tom was a criminal who organised village boys to start collecting title from illegal barges and vessels used by bunkerers to lift crude oil from manifolds around the Okrika and Bonny axis of Rivers State.Asari formed his own group to collect title mainly from illegal bunkering operating around Kalabari axis.The story is quite long but they ended up creating a canker worm that has eaten deep into the heart of many ND youths.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Nsiman(m): 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2010
If u grant amnesty to militants, what happens to the law abiding citizens? They will also carry arms for another amnesty. Something better than amnesty shld be done to touch most lives in the nd. But i guess amnesty has fail.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Nsiman(m): 1:52pm On Nov 15, 2010
If u grant amnesty to militants, what happens to the law abiding citizens? They will also carry arms for another amnesty. Something better than amnesty shld be done to touch most lives in the nd. But i guess amnesty has fail.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Beaf: 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2010
@ haka nai

It is absolutely crazy for a man whose home hosts 10 million almajiri's to claim that his people are tired of those whose lands provide their food.

If indeed your people are tired of the Niger Delta, why don't you simply pack out of the country? Afterall, your folk depend 100% on the ND and all your groundnut pyramids are gone for the sake of sweet crude. If you are tired and refuse to pack out, what is your alternative, to bite off more than you can chew or negotiate an equitable country?
And just to get this clear with you, I am not an Ijaw man, so when you say tribalism you are misfiring so badly its actually funny.

If you think bribery in the form of amnesty was the right approach, you better think again. I recall some research that says the average 9ja IQ is 70, it actually beginning to sound reasonable.

Rather than think up ways to institute true federalism, the country spent $3.5billion kitting up JTF to destroy lives, only for JTF troops to return from the creeks bodybags in tens and twenties. . . $3.5billion down the drain (IQ of 70 revealed). In the face of defeat, the next thing was to offer bribes to all and sundry that could lay claim to an axe in the ND (IQ of 70 revealed). Now that it is obvious that bribery is failing, we have people like you advocating that we crank up JTF for previously tried and failed unlimited damage option again (IQ of 70 revealed).

The only way out is true federalism. If any parasite claims it is tired, then bring on the fight, lets see what you've got and if sand can fund the warfare you crave. You will be done and dusted in less than two months (by the first week, you will already be crying out in hunger).
It is for you people to sit down and think and do the right thing.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Beaf: 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2010
abagoro:

Thank you very much mikeansy for being truthful.beaf has been here feeding people lies that boyloaf and co were freedom fighters.I lived at Amadi flats as a kid and therefore had some experiences although not as much as you did living in Borokiri.

Ateke Tom was a criminal who organised village boys to start collecting title from illegal barges and vessels used by bunkerers to lift crude oil from manifolds around the Okrika and Bonny axis of Rivers State.Asari formed his own group to collect title mainly from illegal bunkering operating around Kalabari axis.The story is quite long but they ended up creating a canker worm that has eaten deep into the heart of many ND youths.

Dude, you live on lies, so no biggie. The PH area where your experience is limited to, has always been a gangsters/cultists paradise, but PH is a tiny portion of the ND. In case you don't know, Delta state is the headquarters of the struggle, and that is the reason why JTF's efforts were very heavy there with bombing from the sea, land and air. So forget about Ateke and your Odili gangsters, but you wouldn't know better; you're like a person attempting to describe a crocodile when they have only ever seen a lizard.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by MrCork26: 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2010
all thise IBO people just  messin up the country. , why dont they kuku  change the name of Nigeria to Niger Delata! angry
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by monkeyleg: 2:58pm On Nov 15, 2010
@Beaf,

Sorry, but I am begining to get very confused where you stand on this whole issue. And by the way, thanks for letting us know you are not an Ijawman. You have often accused me of being an Ijaw hater when I speak the truth.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by homerac7: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2010
When u give a mouse a piece of cheese, next is u get ur house infested with vermins.
Re: Exxon Mobil Oso Field Attacked. Nigerian Hostages Taken by Beaf: 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

Sorry, but I am begining to get very confused where you stand on this whole issue. And by the way, thanks for letting us know you are not an Ijawman. You have often accused me of being an Ijaw hater when I speak the truth.

What is confusing you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Was Ahmadu Bello The Greatest Tribalist In Nigerian Politics? (video) / Fg Declares Monday, January 2nd A Public Holiday. / Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.