Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

"The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 (20458 Views)

Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video / Immigrants Working As Traffic Warden In London - Channel 4 / Immigrants (including Nigerian Traffic Warden @ Work In Westminister - Channel 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2010
Shango, I concur.

A lot of these black girls raised in the inner city have terrible attitude problems. Many of them are so hardened they even frown at sex, dating and so on. Till the frustration at the lack of friendship now turns round to influence their attitude even worse. Terrible.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Nija4Life(m): 1:47am On Dec 24, 2010
Sagamite:

She is a pretty girl but she is not lovable (on a long run) except she changes. .

You must have a rather skewed taste for women if you call that arrogant, rude, silly girl pretty. But then you might argue that beauty is in the eyes of the boholder but not for me anyway, sorry.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 3:15am On Dec 24, 2010
Nija4Life:

You must have a rather skewed taste for women if you call that arrogant, rude, silly girl pretty. But then you might argue that beauty is in the eyes of the boholder but not for me anyway, sorry.

Sorry, because she has a bad attitude, she is not pretty?
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by PhysicsQED(m): 4:04am On Dec 24, 2010
That whole family has beat up faces.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 4:06am On Dec 24, 2010
PhysicsQED:

That whole family has beat up faces.

Can you put your pic up?
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by PhysicsQED(m): 4:21am On Dec 24, 2010
Not for anonymous dudes half way across the world. grin
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by ada24: 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2010
Ola is too big for a 15 year old.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by denzel2009: 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2010
Julie Adesina is fit. Just swap her bad attitude with her jovial sister,you'd a take home to mama girl.

BTW, if you see some girls early in the morning,you are better off going back to sleep cos it's like a curse,nothing good might happen for you that day.

We got to see her at every point in time during the show,IMO she is pretty.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 1:29pm On Dec 24, 2010
denzel2009:

Julie Adesina is fit. Just swap her bad attitude with her jovial sister,you'd a take home to mama girl.

BTW, if you see some girls early in the morning,you are better off going back to sleep cos it's like a curse,nothing good might happen for you that day.

We got to see her at every point in time during the show,IMO she is pretty.

No mind them!

The girl pulls a mean low cut. Most girls can not get away with that. She looked nice with it.

And her body (milky way, bum, curves) is "just right"!

Unfortunately, stinking attitude ruins it all for her.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by miebijon: 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2010
just watched the last episode, and i have to give it up to the mum, she is d definition of strong african woman, and the 27years old MAN shud tink of leavin, Goddamn, ola unites the family, and she was my favorite, need to lose them weight tho, all together, a nice series,
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by denzel2009: 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2010
Sagamite:

No mind them!

The girl pulls a mean low cut. Most girls can not get away with that. She looked nice with it.

And her body (milky way, bum, curves) is "just right"!

Unfortunately, stinking attitude ruins it all for her.

grin grin grin Is that what they call dem twins these days?
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Nija4Life(m): 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2010
Sagamite:

Sorry, because she has a bad attitude, she is not pretty?

Both her facial looks and attitude doesn't do it for me
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 12:27am On Dec 25, 2010
denzel2009:

grin grin grin Is that what they call dem twins these days?

I have multiple nicknames for things I like.

Seun aint got nothin on me with his ban-bot!  grin

Nija4Life:

Both her facial looks and attitude doesn't do it for me

This face is fine enough for me. Not every girl will have Keri Hilson or Kelly Rowland face. It is an unrealistic expectation.

Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by PhysicsQED(m): 1:11am On Dec 25, 2010
That face is not very feminine by my standards, but to each his own.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by proudly9ja(m): 2:50am On Dec 25, 2010
The girl is fine abeg and maybe hard working too. Will make a very good wife if she sheds off some of her attitude issues and meets a really patient guy who understands her, someone like sagamite grin grin grin
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Nobody: 2:54am On Dec 25, 2010
What I wanna know is what are these old peope still doing in their parents' homes at their age?

In the UK??

Ridiculous.

When u get to the point where you're arguing with your parents over little things in their own house, you know it's time to move on and get your own fuuking place.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 5:25am On Dec 25, 2010
proudly9ja:

The girl is fine abeg and maybe hard working too. Will make a very good wife if she sheds off some of her attitude issues and meets a really patient guy who understands her, someone like sagamite grin grin grin

Tufiakwa, na fire e go be for that house. As we dey fight, we go burn am down and I no go gree. I go stop her at all cost. grin grin grin

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn9g8zG8-_w[/flash]
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 25, 2010
Sagamite:

Tufiakwa, na fire e go be for that house. As we dey fight, we go burn am down and I no go gree. I go stop her at all cost. grin grin grin

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn9g8zG8-_w[/flash]

Sagamite, se show yii wa lori Yotutube?

Can you post it?
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 6:46am On Dec 25, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Sagamite, se show yii wa lori Yotutube?

Can you post it?

Oti o, mi o ro ber.

It is one of my favourite movies of all time. Although that is not the genre of movies I am into, I love when people put in their best to create great work. I have the entire boxset in my house. Feel free to come over and watch. grin
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by oyinda3(f): 6:53am On Dec 25, 2010
can someone plz upload the show to youtube?
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 6:54am On Dec 25, 2010
ROSSIKE:

What I wanna know is what are these old peope still doing in their parents' homes at their age?

In the UK??

Ridiculous.

When u get to the point where you're arguing with your parents over little things in their own house, you know it's time to move on and get your own fuuking place.

I really don't see why a lot of you are complaining so much about this.

The 2 oldest have moved out of the house before. One was disturbed to move back in, the other broke up with a partner.

Honestly, if I was in a position to live rent-free with my parents and give myself some precious time to pursue my dreams/hobbies instead of going out to join the rat race and become another work slave, I will ffing take it. Ayo Adesina is chasing a dream he would never have a chance to chase again. He is less likely to have a mid-life crisis than some other people. Really not a big deal he is at home in my opinion.

Both are saving money and not wasting it on rent so will be able to buy (it was said on the programe that was the reason Julie Adesina was asked to move back home). Rushing out of the family home so you can beat your chest that you are now an adult is silly in my opinion if one has such fantastic opportunity at a young age. In continental Europe like Italy, Spain and Germany, many stay at home till their late 20s.

It was the ex that was like Julie Adesina that made me coin the "GBWA = Ghetto Black Woman Aggression" term I frequently use. grin
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 25, 2010
Sagamite:

Oti o, mi o ro ber.

It is one of my favourite movies of all time. Although that is not the genre of movies I am into, I love when people put in their best to create great work. I have the entire boxset in my house. Feel free to come over and watch. grin

I was actually talking about the "THE FAMILY" show lol tongue Is the show online?
But sure, I'll come over and watch.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sagamite(m): 9:08am On Dec 25, 2010
oyinda.:

can someone plz upload the show to youtube?

Ileke-IdI:

I was actually talking about the "THE FAMILY" show lol tongue Is the show online?
But sure, I'll come over and watch.

Kai, make una see how my one-track, dirty mind always mislead me in only one direction. Odikwa sick! I really need to reconsider and choose one of the 2 treatments that have been recommended to me o.

1) Deliverance
2) Therapist

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don't think it is on youtube yet. These things normally take a few months before it is uploaded by some geek or tech craze-person as the broadcasters and production company would have squeezed most of financial return in it, that the little left is not worth the effort of chasing copyright rights.

That said, I felt it was a top-quality, heart-warming, cute programme that was respectfully produced and really fun to watch. I honestly did not want it to end. So it is a must see, look out for it in the coming days/weeks.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by oyinda3(f): 9:13am On Dec 25, 2010
it's on youtube but the full version is for british ppl only.
I saw some clips on youtube though.
http://www.youtube.com/user/channel4#p/search/4/kg9moR6Msxg

can some regular folk upload the full version to youtube for US based ppl?
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Nija4Life(m): 11:01am On Dec 25, 2010
Sagamite:

This face is fine enough for me. Not every girl will have Keri Hilson or Kelly Rowland face. It is an unrealistic expectation.

That's why there is something called choice. Certainly not my choice and never will be afterall one man's meat is another man's poison they say, enjoy!
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by londoner: 11:21am On Dec 25, 2010
@Sagamite, man, you are very perceptive, 100% correct to the T!!!!!

People like Julie are angry because they carry a massive sense of entitlement. She is obviously craving something, but fails to see her own place in what she is experiencing from those around her. She has not developed empathy with others, and probably never will.

People have anger and frustration issues, I cant say I have never done, because I really have but at some point you really have to analyse yourself and your behaviour. Then GET HELP!!!!

Although I am a woman, I have to be honest that as I go about my business I notice just how angry Black women are, its so disproportional, even when they are just sitting on the bus, you can see the discontentment and the anger that they carry with them, they look distressed. They frown all the time! Julie has the angry expression alot and it changes how she looks physically because she looks hardened.

Some days I make a point to have a pleasant countenance (which doesnt always come naturally) and I cant tell you how many strangers, be they male or female are instantly drawn to me because of it.

Julie needs to go for anger managment to really take a look at herself in relation to those around her and re-evaluate what is acceptable in relationships with other human beings. love is not about somebody allowing you to treat them like poo as evidence of their love for you. Going to America or Nigeria will not make the difference, she needs to look inward.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by Sunofgod(m): 12:40pm On Dec 25, 2010
The Girl is a disgrace, See the huge 'Love Machine' her mother found on her.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by redsun(m): 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2010
Fifteen minutes of fame.I always wonder why people find it funny to wash their dirty linen in public in the name of tv programme?
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by redsun(m): 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2010
Programmes like Trisha,Jeremy kyle and the crazy guy in america,what is his name?Jerry springer.
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by queensmith: 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2011
I loved the show i think it was a perfect representation of the average Nigerian family! Funny enough julie is really cool peoples i never realised she had soo many issues at home! think i need to catch up on some episodes!
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by tboy1(m): 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2011
queensmith:

I loved the show i think it was a perfect representation of the average Nigerian family! Funny enough julie is really cool peoples i never realised she had soo many issues at home! think i need to catch up on some episodes!
No it is not
Re: "The Family" - Uk Channel 4 Nigerian (Yoruba) Family Show@9pm Tues 16th Nov 2010 by tboy1(m): 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2011
Sun of god:

The Girl is a disgrace, See the huge 'Dlido' her mother found on her.
Its was pretty Average tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gbenga Daniel Wins Polling Unit For APC Candidate, Dapo Abiodun / Customs Intercepts Smuggled Arms, Military Uniforms, Cocaine, Bottles Of Codeine / Profile Of Bassey Otu, Cross River Governor-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.