Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,027 members, 7,835,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her (53446 Views)

My Sister Married An Efulefu. What Should She Do? / Thoughts On Thread: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her / My Sister Wants Court Marriage, Her Husband Doesn't. Advise Her Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by yeyeosoronga: 10:23pm On Nov 24, 2019
Sex is actually classed as a physiological need, as with food , water, health, sleep, shelter, clothing.
These are even classed before safety needs.
Madam has been deprived of sex for almost a year or more since she found out she was pregnant, till the baby will stop breastfeeding. That will be close to a total of 2 years at the very least, of not meeting her sexual needs. That's definitely more than being icky about sex on the husband's part.
While a vibrator or d.ildo can do a pretty good job too, I doubt if a young girl in marriage will want to see that as her lifetime sentence
I wonder how the man has been meeting his own sexual needs though...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by crackhaus: 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2019
mysticwarrior:
why she go use brush when better screwdriver dey with her husband?
You never hear say 95% sexual satisfaction na from clitoral stimulation? cheesy

Dat screwdriver na unnecessary hardware when one very soft brush gently moving over her clit fit make am turn into Olympic gymnast.

Even the females wey read about this brush don dey imagine am, and it is sending chills down their spine.. I TELL YOU grin

13 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:30pm On Nov 24, 2019
johnkey:
Give me her number I want to greet her

You are a junkie angry

2 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by crackhaus: 10:31pm On Nov 24, 2019
yeyeosoronga:
Sex is actually classed as a physiological need, as with food , water, health, sleep, shelter, clothing.
These are even classed before safety needs.
Madam has been deprived of sex for almost a year or more since she found out she was pregnant, till the baby will stop breastfeeding. That will be close to a total of 2 years at the very least, of not meeting her sexual needs. That's definitely more than being icky about sex on the husband's part.
While a vibrator or d.ildo can do a pretty good job too, I doubt if a young girl in marriage will want to see that as her lifetime sentence
I wonder how the man has been meeting his own sexual needs though...
Lmao... Physiological cheesy

Where did you learn this one from?

2 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by yeyeosoronga: 10:41pm On Nov 24, 2019
crackhaus:

Lmao... Physiological cheesy

Where did you learn this one from?

Are you ''kidneying'' me or you're trying to wind me up?

You've never heard the word before?
Anyway, online dictionary's definition:

physiological
/fɪzɪəˈlɒdʒɪk(ə)l/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
1. relating to the branch of biology that deals with the normal functions of living organisms and their parts.
"physiological research on the causes of violent behaviour"
2. relating to the way in which a living organism or bodily part functions.
"slow down your body's physiological response to anger by breathing deeply"

6 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by crackhaus: 10:45pm On Nov 24, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

Are you ''kidneying'' me or you're trying to wind me up?

You've never heard the word before?
Anyway, online dictionary's definition:

physiological
/fɪzɪəˈlɒdʒɪk(ə)l/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
1. relating to the branch of biology that deals with the normal functions of living organisms and their parts.
"physiological research on the causes of violent behaviour"
2. relating to the way in which a living organism or bodily part functions.
"slow down your body's physiological response to anger by breathing deeply"
Wow, you think I quoted you because I don't know the meaning of the word.

Are you wound up yet? grin

11 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by Baldwretch: 10:48pm On Nov 24, 2019
wwwkaycom:
Bose is an outgoing and sexually active young lady of 26, she got married to her hubby in November, 2018, they are now blessed with a big baby boy.
She was my student and very close to me and my family during her ND and HND days. She is just like a member of my family. I know that she was involved with two guys then, one a student in the same school during her ND and the other, a businessman in town during her HND days. Her affair with the businessman didn't materialise into marriage because the man wanted her to get pregnant first, a proposal she vehemently opposed because its like a taboo in her family and her religious organization. That relationship broke and she met another guy who I didn't really know in 2017. She told me that the guy was easygoing and fun loving too so I didn't really had much advise to give other than the normal talks about being of good behaviour etc.
They got married in November 2018, she relocated to live with her hubby in Abuja, now they're blessed with a very big baby boy.
She visited me with her baby last weekend when she came to attend the funeral of her uncle here in Ondo State. She stayed in my place. It was then we really had time to talk. She told me that her husband believes so much in some archaic things that is affecting her badly. For instance, he doesn't believe in the use of Air Conditioner because it is carcinogenic, he had sex with her last the day he realised she was pregnant in January. She said her hubby believed having sex with a pregnant woman will hurt the baby. She put to bed in August and since then nothing has happened because the hubby said no sex until breast feeding is over so that the breast milk will not be contaminated with semen, I have been laughing since then but its not a laughing matter. She said this guy is so serious with these wrong facts and is not willing to let it go for anything and that she had engaged him in discussions over this many times with the guy sticking to his points. She said the guy is so caring and the way he dots on her and the baby is out of this world. He hired a nanny for her. the nanny followed her to Ondo State for the funeral and stayed with her in my place. Honestly, I haven't heard this kind of thing before. I told her I'll post it on nairaland and she said I should go ahead and that she will be interested in reading people's comments. I actually admonished her not to look the way of any other guy or be involved in extramarital affairs as that could lead to problems she won't be able to handle. She said that is almost impossible in the environment she lives in Abuja and the way her husband dots on the family. Good people, kindly advise please.

Why are people responding to this post? Bs. Don't you see it's a clever work of the imagination.
Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by kennybabs1980: 11:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
johnkey:
ole

1 Like

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by mysticwarrior(m): 4:25am On Nov 25, 2019
crackhaus:

You never hear say 95% sexual satisfaction na from clitoral stimulation? cheesy

Dat screwdriver na unnecessary hardware when one very soft brush gently moving over her clit fit make am turn into Olympic gymnast.

Even the females wey read about this brush don dey imagine am, and it is sending chills down their spine.. I TELL YOU grin
If e no be the real thing e no fit be like the real thing, if I dey lie ask that woman wey them dey call "IBINABO FIBERESIMA" that woman na better nympho wey no dey relent" if Daniel Wilson no dey available she go switch to Fred Amata, if Amata no sabi fire she go go meet Philip Trimnel, if Trimnel dey spend two minutes ontop na to run follow Uche Egbuka, as I dey talk she don even run leave that one for marriage dey find another, as she fine na so she dey lash dey waka, even with breast cancer the woman still dey fire dey go, chai I shake my joy stick for that woman.

2 Shares

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by crackhaus: 9:25am On Nov 25, 2019
mysticwarrior:
If e no be the real thing e no fit be like the real thing, if I dey lie ask that woman wey them dey call "IBINABO FIBERESIMA" that woman na better nympho wey no dey relent" if Daniel Wilson no dey available she go switch to Fred Amata, if Amata no sabi fire she go go meet Philip Trimnel, if Trimnel dey spend two minutes ontop na to run follow Uche Egbuka, as I dey talk she don even run leave that one for marriage dey fine another, as she fine na so she dey lash dey waka, even with breast cancer the woman still dey fire dey go, chai I shake my joy stick for that woman.
Lol cheesy
Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by CanadaOrBust: 9:31am On Nov 25, 2019
crackhaus:
How does the man's libido and sex-drive even fathom into the conversation? cheesy

People are just so sex-centric these days that it is totally unbelievable for a healthy man to go over 9months without any need to fvck his pregnant wife, or fvck anyone for that matter.

Messed up mentality.

Some people avoid sex if they can. Some don’t have sex at all - asexual. That’s how libido figures into it. Everyone’s sexuality is not like yours

9 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by CanadaOrBust: 9:34am On Nov 25, 2019
Baldwretch:

Why are people responding to this post? Bs. Don't you see it's a clever work of the imagination.

Of course it is, but so are 95% of stories on Nairaland. If we ignore them there’d be little left to discourse

8 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by crackhaus: 9:59am On Nov 25, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Some people avoid sex if they can. Some don’t have sex at all - asexual. That’s how libido figures into it. Everyone’s sexuality is not like yours
Anyone who is avoiding sex or not having sex at all, is asexual with a very low libido.

This is what you plan to teach your teenage or unmarried children? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by CanadaOrBust: 10:21am On Nov 25, 2019
crackhaus:

Anyone who is avoiding sex or not having sex at all, is asexual with a very low libido.

This is what you plan to teach your teenage or unmarried children? cheesy

Look, there are all types of sexuality. Some people are gay but get married to opposite sex then avoid sex with their spouse as much as possible. Sex is such a primal urge that all these OP said are just excuses to avoid sex - if nothing else he’d seek mutual madturbation with his wife (unless he’s getting it else where)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by megareal: 10:36am On Nov 25, 2019
She should stop breastfeeding the baby. Case closed.

3 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by midnighter(f): 10:40am On Nov 25, 2019
She hasn't told you whether their sex life was good prior to the pregnancy so it's difficult to comment.

By the way this is not "old-fashioned man" but "ignorant and incorrigible man". Starving her of sex for almost 2 years in the name of protecting pregnancy is just stupid. He could have asked for the correct information during antenatal class.

13 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by EasternPrince: 10:43am On Nov 25, 2019
midnighter:
She hasn't told you whether their sex life was good prior to the pregnancy so it's difficult to comment.

By the way this is not "old-fashioned man" but "ignorant and incorrigible man". Starving her of sex for almost 2 years in the name of protecting pregnancy is just stupid. He could have asked for the correct information during antenatal class.

How would you know if he's stupid when you are stupid or have you forgotten how stupid you could be when we were married? Why the hell did i divorce you in such a hurry?

1 Like

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by EasternPrince: 10:46am On Nov 25, 2019

1 Like

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2019
How is this even an issue? Some people are suffering neglect and domestic abuse, this one is talking of ac and sex. If the man never liked sex, we can understand, some men are just put off for a while with the whole pregnancy thing.

He is doting and caring and a good provider. Madam should go and pleasure herself jor. I sometimes wonder what this world is coming to. What happens when a partner has an accident and can no longer function sexually? Is that the end of the marriage? Our generation is crazy. Men and women should learn to see beyond the mundane, marriage is deep and should be treated as such.

7 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by GiantParrot(m): 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
OP, tell her to tactfully show her husband the links below. They contain useful information from experts that could change his mind about the air conditioning issue and the breastfeeding semen contamination issue. This is assuming he's not bring these things up as excuses to cover up for something else.

https://www.cansa.org.za/urban-legend-benzene-fumes-from-car-dashboard/

https://www.concisenews.global/2019/08/09/sperm-could-infect-breast-milk-during-sex-with-breastfeeding-mums-experts-react/amp/

Beyond these issues where the man has some demonstrably wrong beliefs and acts on them, I'd say that, overall, most women would be lucky to find a man with old fashioned values.

2 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 25, 2019
johnkey:

grin
Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2019
midnighter:

I would like to know it too.

You have put it rather nicely. I was thinking that to add to the issue that he doesn't make love to his wife, he is also, allow me to use your words, "ignorant and incorrigible man". Her cross is heavy.

2 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2019
Gaggi:
How is this even an issue? Some people are suffering neglect and domestic abuse, this one is talking of ac and sex. If the man never liked sex, we can understand, some men are just put off for a while with the whole pregnancy thing.

He is doting and caring and a good provider. Madam should go and pleasure herself jor. I sometimes wonder what this world is coming to. What happens when a partner has an accident and can no longer function sexually? Is that the end of the marriage? Our generation is crazy. Men and women should learn to see beyond the mundane, marriage is deep and should be treated as such.

Sex, for many people, is a very important part of marriage. Religious folks even marry to have sex "legally". There is nothing wrong with wanting to be intimate with your spouse. It is very normal.

13 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2019
Mindfulness:

Sex, for many people, is a very important part of marriage. Religious folks even marry to have sex "legally". There is nothing wrong with wanting to be intimate with your spouse. It is very normal.
Sure it is normal but there are circumstances surrounding his decisions. Some men are put off by the birth experience especially if they were in the theatre whist she was giving birth. They need time to get over such experience.
The man hasn't abandoned her to go sleep outside, he just needs time for her to get back to how she was before. I don't see anything wrong in that. Madam should find a way to satisfy herself for a while. It's not permanent and she will not die from lack of it.

5 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
Her marriage....her problem. She married an illiterate who is not ready to learn. She has to live with it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by crackhaus: 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Look, there are all types of sexuality. Some people are gay but get married to opposite sex then avoid sex with their spouse as much as possible. Sex is such a primal urge that all these OP said are just excuses to avoid sex - if nothing else he’d seek mutual madturbation with his wife (unless he’s getting it else where)
Save this sex education for your kids man - don't forget to tell them that sex is such a primal urge and avoiding it means they are asexual & something is wrong with their libido.

6 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by midnighter(f): 5:56pm On Nov 25, 2019
Mindfulness:

I would like to know it too.

You have put it rather nicely. I was thinking that to add to the issue that he doesn't make love to his wife, he is also, allow me to use your words, "ignorant and incorrigible man". Her cross is heavy.

Exactly. If she were the one making stupid excuses to get out of sex this thread would be 10 pages long with comments telling him to send the useless woman out of his house and get another.

Because it's the man depriving the woman they have started blowing grammar, mtchew

19 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by midnighter(f): 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2019
Mindfulness:

Yes! My priest always preaches that if you and your intended spouse don't have feelings of lust and sexual desire for each other leading up to the wedding, then something is very wrong in your relationship and you shouldn't be marrying because being sexually attracted to your partner is a major part of it.

People always quote St. Paul but forget Songs of Solomon and how much sex there was in it. It's really important in your marital bond.

I'm even getting annoyed sef, she needs to talk some sense into that guy, seriously!

6 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by EasternPrince: 5:59pm On Nov 25, 2019
[s]
midnighter:

Exactly. If she were the one making stupid excuses to get out of sex this thread would be 10 pages long with comments telling him to send the useless woman out of his house get another.

Because it's the man depriving the woman they have started blowing grammar, mtchew
[/s]

Your dumb mode of copy and paste requires the word 'Exactly' to kick start itself does it?

5 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by EasternPrince: 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2019
[s]
midnighter:

Yes! My priest always preaches that if you and your intended spouse don't have feelings of lust and sexual desire for each other leading up to the wedding, then something is very wrong in your relationship and you shouldn't be marrying because being sexually attracted to your partner is a major part of it.

People always quote St. Paul but forget Songs of Solomon and how much sex there was in it
[/s]

Your priest is fake go and get another.

2 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by midnighter(f): 6:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
Gaggi:

Hmm Oga, it's a huge issue o. You can't deprive your spouse of sex because of flimsy and spurious reasons like these. Jeez!

You can't trivialise the importance of a healthy sex life in marriage by comparing it with domestic violence. This is actually also a form of abuse, I hope you know that?

He's doting and caring ba? So much that he wants to starve his wife for almost 2 years, tell us another story! If he has an issue he should open up to her and stop talking rubbish.

Sex is not mundane, it's a fundamental part of marriage and people shouldn't be shamed for wanting a healthy sex life. Marriage is deep, yes, and sexual harmony is part of the deep bond between the two people involved.

So you people screaming that people (especially women) should stay virgins until marriage, what do you call this one? Staying a virgin until marriage and after marriage abi? Is she a robot Terrible

9 Likes

Re: She Married An Old Fashioned Man, Kindly Advise Her by CanadaOrBust: 6:22pm On Nov 25, 2019
crackhaus:

Keep this sex education for your kids man - don't forget to tell them that sex is such a primal urge and avoiding it means they are asexual & something is wrong with their libido.

U ok sir? Why r u so hung up on the definition of asexual. Google it, you’d know the exact textbook definition. What we r discussing here is why a man would avoid having sex with his wife for two years on the pretext she was pregnant, then breastfeeding. He might even decide it is not safe till the child starts school!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Infidelity: Wives, Mistresses’ Fights Get Messier, Spill To Social Media (pics) / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / When Women Lie That They Are Pregnant Just To Trap Guys Into Marrying Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.