Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous (27195 Views)

Kanu: Court Declines FG’s Request For Adjournment In Stay Of Execution Hearing / Court Rejects FG’s Request To Extradite Abba Kyari To US / Judge Denies Fg’s Request To Detain Sowore For 90 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by ejimatic: 6:38am On Dec 04, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
Sahara Reporters publisher, Omoyele Sowore, and his co- detainee, Adebayo Bakare , on Tuesday , described the Federal Government’ s application for their transfer from the custody of the Department of State Service to prison as frivolous , vexatious and unarguable.
They said the fresh application filed by the government before Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu of the Federal High Court in Abuja was meant to frustrate the court’s order for their release from DSS custody .
They also described the application filed on behalf of the Federal Government by the prosecuting counsel, Hassan Liman ( SAN) , as contemptuous for being a contravention of the order directing the DSS to release them from custody .
This is contained in their notice of preliminary objection filed before the court to challenge the Federal Government ’s fresh application .
Sowore and Bakare are being prosecuted before the court by the Federal Government on charges of treasonable felony instituted against them in the wake of their call for # RevolutionNow protests across the country to demand better governance.
The DSS continues to hold them in custody since August when they were arrested, despite separate court orders directing their release from custody .
The latest of the court orders was the one issued by Justice Ojukwu on meeting the bail conditions imposed on them after their arraignment.
They argued, through their legal team led by Mr . Femi Falana (SAN) , that the application for their transfer from the DSS custody to prison, showed that there was no genuine interest to prosecute them.
Grounds of the application read, “ The application was filed by the Complainant/ Applicant to frustrate the execution of the order of release of the 1st and 2nd defendants /objectors from the custody of the State Security Service made by this Honourable Court on November 6, 2019.
“ There is no genuine intention to prosecute the 1st and 2nd defendants by the complainant /applicant as the statement of witnesses this Honourable Court ordered to be availed the defence team is yet to be issued and served .
“ The grounds upon which the complainant’s / applicant’ s application is hinged are frivolous, vexatious, contemptuous , manifestly unarguable and unknown to law. ”

source: https://punchng.com/fgs-request-for-our-transfer-to-prison-frivolous-sowore-bakare/
The government accused him of treason and felony because he allegedly held subversive meetings and organised a revolution protest against the government... The truth is as a contestant in the last election he should not have used the word Revolution .Protest only is enough.However the court will decide if he is guilty or not.In my opinion the government believes he is a threat to peace of Nigeria considering his conduct in detention and even when he was brought to Court. The government is hiding under section 258 of the constitution that anybody who is a threat to the country's peace can be detained for a long time.It is believed that with this development such an act will be discouraged.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by begge: 6:43am On Dec 04, 2019
jonathan is d curse of everything, jonathan is a fool
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by BiadeFolar(m): 6:43am On Dec 04, 2019
godwinkessi:
I remember that time u were giving it to Jonathan back to back. Now Bubu is dashing u anyhow grin

This is the kind of karma I love grin

This one sef no take time cheesy

I’ll never pity u. Let Bubu kill u there weyrey man.

People like you make believing in the Nigerian project a shitty exercise. By this your feeble conclusion you mean Nigeria is owned between Jonathan and Buhari.

Jonathan was bad, Buhari is worse. Let's keep changing them until we get what we want.

Activists don't choose which leader to criticize and which to hail... They're the one that put governments in check.

This is not Karma, it's witch hunt, it's intolerance.

3 Likes

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by rabiudon: 6:43am On Dec 04, 2019
Aladegba:

You are extremely stupid

Illiteracy is a disease...even the judge knows that nobody can be granted bail under treasonable felony. In such case you will be kept under a private facility n not prison. Ask ojukwu to tell u the story. Buhari is a generous man for him to tell the court to allow sowore to regain sanity among other prisoners. He is suppose to be kept in a dungeon because he is a threat to African democracy our fathers fought for.

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by MarianaTrench: 6:45am On Dec 04, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Lawyers in the House, please what crime have this man committed exactly. Please name his crime in a Democratic government

I am not a lawyer but I know that he is not completely innocent.

He tried to instigate an uprising in the country.

You sir would not have tolerated such an act if you were president of the country, no president in the world would stand for it!

3 Likes

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Eteka1(m): 6:47am On Dec 04, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Lawyers in the House, please what crime have this man committed exactly. Please name his crime in a Democratic government
Treason is the charge. He is alleged to have been planning a revolution aimed at bringing down a democratically elected government.

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by jimmyLd101: 6:52am On Dec 04, 2019
Na English you still they speak you go old for there

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Gandollaar(f): 6:53am On Dec 04, 2019
englishmart:
Sometimes I don't blame the FG for their power drunkenness, abuse of human rights and belittling of court orders. GEJ was a clownish, clueless effeminate guy who was run by his wife. Now we have a man who runs his wife and the country like a man. Nigerian Nkurunziza
Enjoy your change Next level
This is utter nonsense. We should weigh our words sometimes so as not misapply them. This here was a misappropriation of words.

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by obembet(f): 6:55am On Dec 04, 2019
godwinkessi:
I remember that time u were giving it to Jonathan back to back. Now Bubu is dashing u anyhow grin

This is the kind of karma I love grin

This one sef no take time cheesy

I’ll never pity u. Let Bubu kill u there weyrey man.

Fool, u dey support atiku saraki, aminu, dino etc.. No be all of.them support Bubu. Ode

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Gandollaar(f): 6:55am On Dec 04, 2019
Okoyiboz3:

The same Jonathan is now supporting APC while you are stuck in the past, drawing up unintelligent conjectures to suit your eternally pained soul.
Has working for APC changed your warped narrative about him?

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by MarianaTrench: 6:56am On Dec 04, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Violent removal...?? This guy ddnt even call for removal of any elected government... why the lies just to justify the disobedience of government to court order

My friend keep quiet and stop making a public exhibit of your ignorance!

He called for a revolution.

Revolutions are never peaceful!

2 Likes

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by InvertedHammer: 6:57am On Dec 04, 2019
Brandstudio01:
/
He used the term "Revolution" against a dictatorial government. Beyond elections, their are other ingredients that make up a democracy which the current government is lacking. Cameroon, Uganda and Zimbabwe have textbook definition of democracy. But have you noticed how one man ran the show for decades? Even the US that exports democracy, their criteria is not a clearcut majority wins--they still have the electoral college loophole that threw up Trump even though he did not score the majority of the votes.

Sowore should know that trouble is easy to get into but difficult to get out of. The ease with which he will be abandoned by his enablers should serve as a lesson to others.
\

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by BammyJJS: 6:58am On Dec 04, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
Sahara Reporters publisher, Omoyele Sowore, and his co- detainee, Adebayo Bakare , on Tuesday , described the Federal Government’ s application for their transfer from the custody of the Department of State Service to prison as frivolous , vexatious and unarguable.
They said the fresh application filed by the government before Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu of the Federal High Court in Abuja was meant to frustrate the court’s order for their release from DSS custody .
They also described the application filed on behalf of the Federal Government by the prosecuting counsel, Hassan Liman ( SAN) , as contemptuous for being a contravention of the order directing the DSS to release them from custody .
This is contained in their notice of preliminary objection filed before the court to challenge the Federal Government ’s fresh application .
Sowore and Bakare are being prosecuted before the court by the Federal Government on charges of treasonable felony instituted against them in the wake of their call for # RevolutionNow protests across the country to demand better governance.
The DSS continues to hold them in custody since August when they were arrested, despite separate court orders directing their release from custody .
The latest of the court orders was the one issued by Justice Ojukwu on meeting the bail conditions imposed on them after their arraignment.
They argued, through their legal team led by Mr . Femi Falana (SAN) , that the application for their transfer from the DSS custody to prison, showed that there was no genuine interest to prosecute them.
Grounds of the application read, “ The application was filed by the Complainant/ Applicant to frustrate the execution of the order of release of the 1st and 2nd defendants /objectors from the custody of the State Security Service made by this Honourable Court on November 6, 2019.
“ There is no genuine intention to prosecute the 1st and 2nd defendants by the complainant /applicant as the statement of witnesses this Honourable Court ordered to be availed the defence team is yet to be issued and served .
“ The grounds upon which the complainant’s / applicant’ s application is hinged are frivolous, vexatious, contemptuous , manifestly unarguable and unknown to law. ”

source: https://punchng.com/fgs-request-for-our-transfer-to-prison-frivolous-sowore-bakare/
court granted someone bail and you didn't obey, now you want the same court to transfer him to prison again. Let's wait for the court so we can know how far our insanity has matured in this zoo of a country.
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by SocialJustice: 6:59am On Dec 04, 2019
Brandstudio01:
You still think Nigeria is a democracy?

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Okoyiboz3: 7:00am On Dec 04, 2019
Gandollaar:
Has working for APC changed your warped narrative about him?

Go and ask your fathers in the East crying marginalisation, betrayal and hatred.

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 04, 2019
MarianaTrench:

My friend keep quite and stop making a public exhibit of your ignorance!

There’s no point dialoging with ur kind...one, u keep shouting shut up on a public forum..and it’s clear u can say anything just to be on the right...
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Codes151(m): 7:02am On Dec 04, 2019
englishmart:
Sometimes I don't blame the FG for their power drunkenness, abuse of human rights and belittling of court orders. GEJ was a clownish, clueless effeminate guy who was run by his wife. Now we have a man who runs his wife and the country like a man. Nigerian Nkurunziza
Enjoy your change Next level
the clueless one is you!

How dumb this generation!
You think governance is by sitting at home and talking. What do you know anyways!
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by englishmart(m): 7:03am On Dec 04, 2019
Gandollaar:
This is utter nonsense. We should weigh our words sometimes so as not misapply them. This here was a misappropriation of words.
That's your problem. Appropriate yours when you comment. I'm solely responsible for what I post

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Gandollaar(f): 7:03am On Dec 04, 2019
Okoyiboz3:

Go and ask your fathers in the East crying marginalisation, betrayal and hatred.
Omo iyadagbe. That's why you can insult people's father. You don't have one and don't even care as long your slutish mother brings home the pay.
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Gandollaar(f): 7:04am On Dec 04, 2019
englishmart:
That's your problem. Appropriate yours when you comment. I'm solely responsible for what I post
Sure. After all NL is a dumping ground of all sorts. We die here!

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by englishmart(m): 7:05am On Dec 04, 2019
Gandollaar:
Sure. After all NL is a dumping ground of all sorts. We die here!
you die here if you choose to. I won't die with you. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by englishmart(m): 7:07am On Dec 04, 2019
Codes151:
the clueless one is you!

How dumb this generation!
You think governance is by sitting at home and talking. What do you know anyways!
Read between lines and you'd realize I was speaking in sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by olaposer(m): 7:09am On Dec 04, 2019
Brandstudio01:
sowore is just been foolish for himself ,what is his problem had it been he won that election he contested for as a presidential candidate will he have call for revolution, I am highly disappointed in him now he is crying like a baby, nobody is ready to die for him and still he runs his mouth like machine in detention, what happened to likes of mko abiola of his blessed memory that even won the election? What of iPod leader ,to mention just but few his surname is not democracy or Nigeria the issue on ground is bigger than him , I can only pity his wife and children because the chance of him to survive this is getting slim by the day ,he can feed himself and family members ,he is making money from his work ,what of millions of Nigeria that can't afford to eat once in a day ,

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Gandollaar(f): 7:10am On Dec 04, 2019
MarianaTrench:

My friend keep quite and stop making a public exhibit of your ignorance!

But the courts said release him on bail. Do you know more than the court?
We keep shouting Nigeria will be great again, is it by the leaders who were elected by the people pulling the country back with their archaic mentality?
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Codes151(m): 7:10am On Dec 04, 2019
englishmart:
Read between lines and you'd realize I was speaking in sarcasm
sorry! The country is so annoying that am starting to miss between the lines.
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Gandollaar(f): 7:12am On Dec 04, 2019
englishmart:
you die here if you choose to. I won't die with you. grin grin
Some are dead already. They are posting too. They are now zombies. They were not always zombies. Laslas we will all die and return to post here in different forms.

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 04, 2019
ttaluko:
The situation of this country warrant everybody to be flung six six stroke of Kane

This is one of the most stupid comments I've seen today.

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by bestpunterever: 7:14am On Dec 04, 2019
lonelydora:

I hate to see comments like this.

Jonathan is a full fledged PDP member. Jonathan and Bayelsans decided to teach Dickson a lesson he will never forget in a hurry by voting for APC.

That doesn't mean he is supporting APC.
people like you and Buhari's supporters are the reason why this country is like a Zoo, how can you be full fledged member of a party and work against your whole party because of a single person, it's a pity that most of you don't understand that all Nigerians politicians are same...Jonathan work with APC not because of interest of anybody but to negotiate his wife case with federal Government.
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Cherrybae(f): 7:15am On Dec 04, 2019
Brandstudio01:

As a senior lawyer, there offence is Treasonable Felony, which is punishable under section 8(2) of the Criminal and Administrative Justice Act as amended. Is a life imprisonment.

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Okikaneseokwu: 7:17am On Dec 04, 2019
Praktikals:

His crime was to mobilise people, with the intention to forcefully take over government from a duly elected government.
U are one of the reasons we are where we are today.Forcefully taking over a government unarmed?
Mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Flavour, Phyno Attend Peter Obi & Pat Utomi Lecture In Howard University (Video) / NNPC Restructuring: Northerners May Take Juicy Positions-tribune / Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.