Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous (27192 Views)

Kanu: Court Declines FG’s Request For Adjournment In Stay Of Execution Hearing / Court Rejects FG’s Request To Extradite Abba Kyari To US / Judge Denies Fg’s Request To Detain Sowore For 90 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Sheriman(m): 9:31am On Dec 04, 2019
Cherrybae:

As a senior lawyer, there offence is Treasonable Felony, which is punishable under section 8(2) of the Criminal and Administrative Justice Act as amended. Is a life imprisonment.
So Lawyer what of Those Killing us with their Massive Corruption stealing all our Billions for themselves and their families Are they not worth to die in Prison
NIGERIA no be Country oooooo!!!
If I ever had the Opportunity to come to this World Again, I Will choose a better Country
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by lineviews: 9:39am On Dec 04, 2019
This is completely inappropriate. Yes Sowore have missed a step by starting what he cant finish but that does not mean he was completely on the wrong track.

My observation is that the vulnerable in society are being denied access to justice,". "The system is now desperate, and it cannot endure any opposition.
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by livebyday(m): 9:43am On Dec 04, 2019
enyi1:

U got only one like. This means you are standing alone oh!

Goatluck and atiku have records for the highest likes for their threads and posts on nairaland

Go and check

Who is the boss now?

Better believe, when it matters you will know millions of youths around the world know SOWORE
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by yahoosurepass(m): 9:49am On Dec 04, 2019
[quote author=Brandstudio01 post=84602447]Lawyers in the House, please what crime have this man committed exactly. Please name his crime in a Democratic government.

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery
[/quote
fraudster
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by hidee20(m): 9:56am On Dec 04, 2019
lonelydora:

I hate to see comments like this.

Jonathan is a full fledged PDP member. Jonathan and Bayelsans decided to teach Dickson a lesson he will never forget in a hurry by voting for APC.

That doesn't mean he is supporting APC.

So they can't teach him the lesson by voting APGA or any other party except APC?

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by BERNIMOORE: 9:56am On Dec 04, 2019
1StopRudeness:

What’s ur point exactly??
Two judges that said this guy should be released aren’t stupid....I’m not a supporter of sowore or any politician, I just want a better Nigeria...

what I don’t get is why u guys support the FG going against the ruling of the justice department....
this is the justice department being ridiculed right before our eyes...it’s not a good scene..but we okay with it just because we don’t like sowore....tomorrow it can be used against anybody...this isn’t the first time this government is going contrary against law....

And we keep calling it karma... it isn’t okay..
My point is that you claimed that there was corruption under Jonathan, has Buhari eradicate it? You saw the level of corruption now INEC was Not as worst as this, now Sowore should have used his media outfit to correct the wrong s of Jonathan government so that bad eggs are fished out, but he rather promote Jonathan as a drunkard and maliciously libeling a sitting president, 2) you claim that Buhari was technically a choice over Jonathan AN ERROR OF JUDGMENT THAT EXPOSES THE INABILITY TO LEARN FROM HISTORY ESPECIALLY THE TYRANNICAL RULE IN 1984. Sahara reporter's suppressed the documentary of Buhari s past deeds and Tinubu 'lion of buorddilon' which could have help Nigerian s to reason well, Now that Sowore help to send Gej packing ushering a known Despotic ruler, claiming ignorance of Buhari s ability again showed how poor student of history Sowore and his supporters are.

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by yahoosurepass(m): 9:58am On Dec 04, 2019
he will rot in jail

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by lonelydora: 10:02am On Dec 04, 2019
hidee20:

So they can't teach him the lesson by voting APGA or any other party except APC?

Politics is permutation and Combination. If a whole GEJ and his supporters vote for APGA and PDP wins, do you know the shame?

They had to join forces with the greatest rival.
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Owologbo(m): 10:24am On Dec 04, 2019
Okoyiboz3:

The same Jonathan is now supporting APC while you are stuck in the past, drawing up unintelligent conjectures to suit your eternally pained soul.

show us where, when you saw GEJ supporting APC or close that cesspool mouth of yours and forever remain silent.

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by hidee20(m): 10:32am On Dec 04, 2019
lonelydora:

Politics is permutation and Combination. If a whole GEJ and his supporters vote for APGA and PDP wins, do you know the shame?

You don't mean the popularity of GEJ and his supporters vigorous campaign can't win an election in his state even if it's for a political party formed yesterday shocked shocked shocked

So why stuck on the past if the most affected person has moved on?, Sowore is to the best of my knowledge fighting for the betterment of the citizens irrespective of the person affected.
It's his turn today, maybe anyone tomorrow.
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Hakeem3(m): 11:02am On Dec 04, 2019
godwinkessi:
I remember that time u were giving it to Jonathan back to back. Now Bubu is dashing u anyhow grin

This is the kind of karma I love grin

This one sef no take time cheesy

I’ll never pity u. Let Bubu kill u there weyrey man.

Your comment shows how irrational you are, this dude only wants the best for our dear Nation. He was never a supporter of Buhari during the Jonathan administration, neither was he a PDP supporter. Dude is fighting selflessly for your future generation and you are here typing rubbish. When will you Youth wake up from your ignorance and start holding every public serving responsible for the negative actions.? I pray we get it right sooner or later.
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Hakeem3(m): 11:05am On Dec 04, 2019
lonelydora:

Exactly! If we Youth come together as one and join forces against bad governance do you know the impact we would make?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 04, 2019
BERNIMOORE:
My point is that you claimed that there was corruption under Jonathan, has Buhari eradicate it? You saw the level of corruption now INEC was Not as worst as this, now Sowore should have used his media outfit to correct the wrong s of Jonathan government so that bad eggs are fished out, but he rather promote Jonathan as a drunkard and maliciously libeling a sitting president, 2) you claim that Buhari was technically a choice over Jonathan AN ERROR OF JUDGMENT THAT EXPOSES THE INABILITY TO LEARN FROM HISTORY ESPECIALLY THE TYRANNICAL RULE IN 1984. Sahara reporter's suppressed the documentary of Buhari s past deeds and Tinubu 'lion of buorddilon' which could have help Nigerian s to reason well, Now that Sowore help to send Gej packing ushering a known Despotic ruler, claiming ignorance of Buhari s ability again showed how poor student of history Sowore and his supporters are.

We had all this information, u can put the blame on sowore/ Sahara reporters...we might be young or not even born during buhari’s first rule..but we had parents who knew the guy was no good.....but we got tired of Jej and pdp... then tinubu came and repackaged buhari along side the Professor Vice President to water down any Islamization agenda, the professor package was a huge strategy that worked.. I remember my mum saying that it was buhari’s deputy that was active during his first rule....and osinbajo would do better if buhari turned out bad...
The same almost happened in 2019, people were voting for Atiku...I’d not for heavy rigging..u think Nigerians had forgotten Atiku himself was no good...but sometimes when u want a bad 5million Naira car gone so bad, u won’t mind selling for 200k...

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Germi9: 11:37am On Dec 04, 2019
Passionate1:

Dem fit bully judiciary but not everybody. .nothing is impossible. .we can conquer anything. We can make d impossible happen with great passion and determination. .I desperately want Buhari head but Nigerians no dey ready. .
f
Bro,Sowore experience has thought me how gullible Nigerians are. Sometimes I want to believe that these guys up there have tied the citizens spiritually hence they can't voice out their pain and hanger..imagine some individual embezzling our common wealth yet they are still agitating for the hanging of citizens who challenge them all in the name of hate speach or whatever they call it..you see,what Fela said many years ago is true..Nigerians too fear..them nor wan die,dem.wan build house ,dem wan born pikin,dem wan chop life,so if police slap dem...Dem go dey look like donkey...my broda i don tire.

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Passionate1(m): 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2019
Germi9:
f
Bro,Sowore experience has thought me how gullible Nigerians are. Sometimes I want to believe that these guys up there have tied the citizens spiritually hence they can't voice out their pain and hanger..imagine some individual embezzling our common wealth yet they are still agitating for the hanging of citizens who challenge them all in the name of hate speach or whatever they call it..you see,what Fela said many years ago is true..Nigerians too fear..them nor wan die,dem.wan build house ,dem wan born pikin,dem wan chop life,so if police slap dem...Dem go dey look like donkey...my broda i don tire.
They are addicted to suffering and smiling. .outside they are smiling, but inside they are dying.
Live is meant to be lived , not survived .

1 Like

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by mfm04622: 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Violent removal...?? This guy ddnt even call for removal of any elected government... why the lies just to justify the disobedience of government to court order

Below is the definition of the word "Revolution" according to the Webster dictionary. You can check the meaning yourself too.

Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 04, 2019
mfm04622:

Below is the definition of the word "Revolution" according to the Webster dictionary. You can check the meaning yourself too.

What are u validating my point...These are 4 different definitions of revolution... meaning it’s not always about overthrowing a government...and this guy clearly stated it was about demanding for good governance

so what ur point?? What are u saying his aim is to violently force buhari out of government ??
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by mfm04622: 12:29pm On Dec 04, 2019
1StopRudeness:

What are u validating my point...These are 4 different definitions of revolution... meaning it’s not always about overthrowing a government...and this guy clearly stated it was about demanding for good governance

so what ur point?? What are u saying his aim is to violently force buhari out of government ??

Go and check the videos of interviews he did to promote the "Revolution". You will see where he canvassed for violent change. I no get the time!

However, I don't support Government's decision to continue to hold him after he was granted bail. Yes, he should be tried and he is being tried. However, since he had met his bail conditions he should be released. No need for long story. The court will decide if he is guilty or not
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by omemero(m): 12:50pm On Dec 04, 2019
i was supposed to support this guy or sympathize with him...but i think he is reaping the fruit of his labour. like the old adage" the thing wey dey sweet, na im dey kill" this was the same people he worked for in 2015. all the lies, propanga and malicious articles he published against the supposed looters is still fresh in mind....this was the government he helped install through lies and propaganda. HE SHOULD ENJOY MUCH IT.
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by stanisbaratheon: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2019
The Judiciary is one of the major problems we have in this country. How can you accept application from the same government that disobeyed your orders??

Shame of a country.
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Jimi24: 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Lawyers in the House, please what crime have this man committed exactly. Please name his crime in a Democratic government.

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery

You cannot plot to execute a violent revolution against the current democratic order. It is illegal. If investigations and legal security formalities are still ongoing and there are no people to surety for them they could still be held.

People should shut up about illegal detention. All Boko Haram terrorists are illegally held. Some have been.summarily executed without trial. Some are undergoing torture. We are doing these things to Boko Haram to keep pie country safe. The fact that Boko Haram is not un suit and tie does not make them different. Revolution is WORSE than terrorism. If you want to fight delayed detention without trial, fight it holistically.
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Motion123(m): 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2019
godwinkessi:
I remember that time u were giving it to Jonathan back to back. Now Bubu is dashing u anyhow grin

This is the kind of karma I love grin

This one sef no take time cheesy

I’ll never pity u. Let Bubu kill u there weyrey man.

Stop disgracing your generation with rubbish post. Sowore is an activist, he speaks against any government not meeting up to its promises
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2019
Why does Sowore look like Lil tecca?
valentineuwakwe:
Sahara Reporters publisher, Omoyele Sowore, and his co- detainee, Adebayo Bakare , on Tuesday , described the Federal Government’ s application for their transfer from the custody of the Department of State Service to prison as frivolous , vexatious and unarguable.
They said the fresh application filed by the government before Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu of the Federal High Court in Abuja was meant to frustrate the court’s order for their release from DSS custody .
They also described the application filed on behalf of the Federal Government by the prosecuting counsel, Hassan Liman ( SAN) , as contemptuous for being a contravention of the order directing the DSS to release them from custody .
This is contained in their notice of preliminary objection filed before the court to challenge the Federal Government ’s fresh application .
Sowore and Bakare are being prosecuted before the court by the Federal Government on charges of treasonable felony instituted against them in the wake of their call for # RevolutionNow protests across the country to demand better governance.
The DSS continues to hold them in custody since August when they were arrested, despite separate court orders directing their release from custody .
The latest of the court orders was the one issued by Justice Ojukwu on meeting the bail conditions imposed on them after their arraignment.
They argued, through their legal team led by Mr . Femi Falana (SAN) , that the application for their transfer from the DSS custody to prison, showed that there was no genuine interest to prosecute them.
Grounds of the application read, “ The application was filed by the Complainant/ Applicant to frustrate the execution of the order of release of the 1st and 2nd defendants /objectors from the custody of the State Security Service made by this Honourable Court on November 6, 2019.
“ There is no genuine intention to prosecute the 1st and 2nd defendants by the complainant /applicant as the statement of witnesses this Honourable Court ordered to be availed the defence team is yet to be issued and served .
“ The grounds upon which the complainant’s / applicant’ s application is hinged are frivolous, vexatious, contemptuous , manifestly unarguable and unknown to law. ”

source: https://punchng.com/fgs-request-for-our-transfer-to-prison-frivolous-sowore-bakare/
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Anndrew(m): 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Lawyers in the House, please what crime have this man committed exactly. Please name his crime in a Democratic government.

Pay on Delivery
:
1)help to vote buhari into power why overthrowing jonathan..
2)wanted to overthrow buhari government through protest.
3)took picture with kanu in usa abi uk

according to nairaland source
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by tete7000(m): 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2019
Buhari's government is not built on logic. The President and his men seem daft, unschooled, unfit to govern a civilized people... Maybe many Nigerians are not civilized sha... How else did a people elect a man who couldn't show his school certificate?
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Okikaneseokwu: 11:54pm On Dec 04, 2019
Okoroawusa:

All these simply because you disagree with another person's view n opinion?

The way you religious people behave even me that doesn't worship any Good will not behave like that.

Tomorrow you will carry Bible or Quran n be disturbing our peace with preaching... mtchew
Do u reason at all?
Re: Sowore And Bakare Say FG’s Request For Their Transfer To Prison, Frivolous by Okoroawusa: 5:11am On Dec 05, 2019
Okikaneseokwu:
Do u reason at all?
I should be asking you that. Pastor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamani, Iwuanyanwu, South-East APC Leaders Back Buhari, To Wait Till 2023 / 2023: Faleke, Babachir Lawal, Others Pick ₦100 Million Forms For Tinubu / “You Don’t Go Around Saying PDP Or APC Will Win"—APGA Chairman To Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.