Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? (5351 Views)

We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / Saharareporters : Jonathan Holds Secret Meeting With Former VP Atiku / Revealed!!! Dirty Facts About Fomer VP Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Onlytruth(m): 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2010
alj harem:

igbos,,,,,,,,,,, pls vote for us!!!!!!!

i am tellin u
why not,,,,,we northerners were going to put igbos in chief of army staff and so vp for 2011----2018 and the igbo for president in 2019 also create ngwa and anoma states for the igbos so they will be superior to the yorubas and ijaw both in states and votes

also we will divide lagos state into 2 states
1    lagos yorubas
2.   nnewi state for the igbos and make an eze nigbo of that state

if any yoruba gets angry we will just join forces with the igbo  and stop them   angry angry angry they just make lagos look dirty in looks but the igbos will surlly do better,,,,,this is what ojukwu have seen,

also we will give kogi state to them while us we take kwara

my igbo brothers what do u think    wink wink

grin grin grin grin Dis guy is such a comic relief but he is quite incisive sometimes.  cool

This topic is so full of comical statements!  grin
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by bkbabe97y(m): 9:14pm On Nov 28, 2010
Omenani:

Especially when the West will vote for their own.

The same West that voted MASSIVELY against OBJ?

Yall Ibos and ur unnecessary hatred of the Yorubas. . . . . .
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Onlytruth(m): 9:14pm On Nov 28, 2010
For some reason I think that Omenani [/b]is actually bros [b]Ezeuche!  grin grin grin
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2010
Omenani:

People need to understand that you cannot win the East without the Ndigbo. We make up 75% - 80% of the population. There is a numerical majority. Only a fool would ignore the most crucial vote in the East.

Especially when the West will vote for their own. And the South-South is divided amongst ethnic lines.

yorubas did not vote for obj. not all yorubas would vote for their own (like the igbos). all what most yorubas want is a credible leader and development.

they do not care about who becomes the president
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Blazay(m): 9:19pm On Nov 28, 2010
People still believe that votes count in Nigeria?
Dummies.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2010
Blazay:

Dummies.

exactly, and that was why obj rigged the votes in the sw 2003
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by aljharem(m): 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2010
Blazay:

Dummies.

brother, how have u been? hope all is well

i think they should keep decieving themselves but i still think it counts
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 9:22pm On Nov 28, 2010
bk.babe97y:

The same West that voted MASSIVELY against OBJ?

Yall Ibos and your unnecessary hatred of the Yorubas. . . . . .

Lies. They voted massively for him in 2003 when Yoruba presidency was at stake. Yes they did not vote for him in 1998 because either way, a Yoruba would be president (Obj or Falae)
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by aljharem(m): 9:23pm On Nov 28, 2010
Onlytruth:

For some reason I think that Omenani [/b]is actually bros [b]Ezeuche!  grin grin grin

gbammmm grin grin grin

onlytruth, long time my brother from another part of nigeria,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2010
Yoruba voted for/supported  their own in 2003. See some proves below

1. “When ex-president Obasanjo contested under PDP in 1999, some of us supported him abandoning our various parties while some voted him because he is a Yoruba man, so anybody can vote the candidate of his choice”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/06/2, -common-enemy/

2. http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/Poli, meruayeII.html

3. Q: What about in 2003?

Chief Bisi Akande: In the case of 2003, we were led to Obasanjo by Pa Abraham Adesanya about three weeks to the election. At that meeting, the Afenifere leaders were present as well as two or three governors and Bishop Gbonigi. Archbishop Ladigbolu was there, the Awujale of Ijebuland was there. After the meeting, I enjoyed the privilege of hosting Archbishop Ladigbolu in my house in Ibadan. I told him we were going to be rigged out of the election; that Obasanjo had concluded he was going to rig us out. He could not believe it. I said I could read it from his body language at the meeting.

Q: Was he the one who called the meeting?

Chief Bisi Akande: It was Pa Adesanya who arranged the meeting. It was a follow-up to meetings Afenifere had with Obasanjo. Along the line, Afenifere was trying to see that Yoruba people supported Obasanjo for a second term, even though some of the leaders are now denying that that meeting ever existed. But the meetings existed. There were three meetings. We held the first one at Abeokuta where (Femi) Okurounmu was our mouthpiece. Chief Cornelius Adebayo spoke after him, before Obasanjo made his response where he promised heaven and earth – that he was going to do the bidding of Afenifere. That meeting was a follow-up to another meeting at Abeokuta at the Presidential Lodge with Segun Osoba. The third meeting was the one attended by the Awujale and the bishops. When some people talk now, they will say the governors sold out the Yoruba. No, it was Afenifere that led us to Obasanjo. Some people will say such meetings never held, but they held.

In fact, the decision to allow Bola Ige to serve in Obasanjo’s government was also taken at a meeting. A meeting was held at Ijebu Igbo and approval was given that Ige should go and serve. Pa Adesanya said, ‘Oh, this is Afenifere’s level, don’t let us conclude the matter here. Go to AD and re-affirm your decision.’ Based on that, another meeting was held at the Old Kingsway at Ikeja. You can ask people like Dr. Wahab Dosunmu if this meeting was not held. The only motion against Bola Ige going to Obasanjo’s government was moved by Pa Adebanjo, and that motion was not supported by anybody. Ayo Fasanmi presided over the meeting and he announced that now that the motion was not supported, was there any other motion? But there was no other motion. So, the motion for Bola Ige to serve in Obasanjo’s government was carried unanimously. So, two meetings of Afenifere and a meeting of AD sponsored Ige to serve in Obasanjo’s government. Now that Ige is no more, people are saying he went to serve his personal interest. When Ige was leaving the government, he wrote a resignation letter, where he stated there that he was going to revamp his party – the AD. If he did not do that, they would have said he had joined the PDP. So, all these meetings were always held and they were at the instance of Afenifere. So, when we left that meeting, I knew Obasanjo was going to rig the election; and when he did, I was not too surprised.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=3183

4. Thu, 10/29/2009 - 18:17 — Franklin Otorofani, Esq.
'AC not part of new platform; ANPP is part of PDP' - Akande of AD
With due respect Chief Bisi Akande is living in the past and as usual playing politics of exclusionism. Any political analyst worth his salt would readily appreciate the fact that AC is no more than a reincarnation of the defunct AD that was asphyxiated and run out of town by the OBJ administration when, like a political general, he overan the South/West to redraw the political map of Nigeria in 2003.

He did this by persuading then AD governors to support his candidacy for the presidency in his second term in return for his support for their second terms as AD governors. The politically naive AD governors swallowed the bait hook, line, and sinker and got their supporters to vote for OBJ and the PDP in the 2003 presidential election.

Having voted for OBJ and the PDP, however, it was not possible to turn back and vote for AD governors as the momentum for OBJ and PDP was irreversible. A tidal wave of tsunamic proportions hit the South/West and the AD was swept out of power which it is yet to and may never recover from. And the rest, as they say, is history. Bisi Akande would never forgive OBJ for that electoral coup that made AD irrelevant and caused it to dissolve and metarmorphosed into AC of today, which Akande holds as his baby that can never merge with any other politcal party.

http://africanheraldexpress.com/?q=c, -pdp-akande-ac

5. ''OBASANJO DID NOT CAPTURE UNWILLING ENEMIES'' Prof Omo Omoruyi

''Candidate Obasanjo was uniter in the southwest. He made many appointments in Yoruba land to both factions in Yoruba leadership from the Awo and SLA camps. For example he appointed the daughter of Chief Awolowo and the son of Chief Akintola Ambassadors. He pays visits to both families'' Omo Omoruyi

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/ua, _vision_o1.htm

6. The 2003 Nigerian Elections that Broke the Jinx

T.A. Akinyele

Apart from the fact that the PDP campaigned more effectively than all the other political parties in these states, it was also aided by the lackadaisical performances of the AD governors. Moreover, the Yoruba seem to have had a rethink and made up their minds to continue to be relevant in Nigerian politics now and in the future. The Yoruba are already conscious of the fact that whether Obasanjo won or lost, the 2003 presidential election, under the generally acceptable zoning arrangement, constituted the last chance of the Yoruba to lead in the mainstream of governance in Nigeria in the foreseeable future. Consequently, they figured that it was in their best interest to vote Obasanjo for a second term since he had performed fairly creditably during his first outing and there did not seem to be other more viable alternative candidates among Yoruba contestants.

http://www.westafricareview.com/issue5/akinyele.htm

7. Why civil rule has lasted 10 years and may collapse in 2011 (4)
By SINA ADEDIPE

The PDP under Obasanjo’s berserk and brutish presidency got away with the rigging of the 2003 elections without the Yorubas reacting violently as in 1965 and 83 not essentially because he belonged to their ethnic group. But because of the efforts of northern legislators who were the majority in the Senate and House of Representatives to impeach him in 2002 so that as stipulated in the constitution Vice-President Atiku Abubakar (a northerner) would have succeeded him. This development made Afenifere leaders, the chieftains of the Odu’a Peoples Congress (OPC) an exclusive Yoruba militia and the majority of the members of the ethnic group who did not vote for Obasanjo in 1999 deriding him as a Hausa-Fulani stooge and northern candidate to rally round him. I recall that the Afenifere and OPC leaders at the time said that if Obasanjo was impeached or was not fielded by the PDP for reelection in 2003 the South-West would pull-out of Nigeria as that was a clear evidence the Yorubas were no more wanted in the country.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpage, ly-15-2009.htm

8. ''Beyond the D’Rovans, Ibadan exercise which pitted Ige against the core Afenifere members, who fielded Chief Olu Falae as the AD presidential candidate, another phase of the schism was when Obasanjo became President and he hoodwinked the South-West governors into supporting him and in return, he rigged them out of office. In 2003 Osoba explained how Oba Okunade Sijuwade and the late Adeyinka Oyekan approached and begged him to help persuade his colleagues to support OBJ. “Under that situation, I want to ask you, if everybody is begging me to do something for the Yoruba nation and I refused and Obasanjo still went ahead to rig me out, I won’t be able to walk free in this country because everybody will be saying: ‘we asked you for the assistance and you didn’t give'' Olusegun Osoba.

http://thenewsng.com/cover-story/who, a-race/2008/05
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Abagworo(m): 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2010
My belief is that PDP is not 100% sure of next years election and Igbos have to be careful and neutral until around March 2011 before making any block conclusion .The only thing permanent in this world is change.Atiku will not hand over to an Igbo,neither will Jonathan.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2010
@ igbobuigbo

people would say and do anything to get on obj's good side since he was the president. nigeria is riddled with corruption so the so called yoruba groups or leaders are just trying to get their cut from obj.
but i am not discarding your evidence, it might be true

igbobuigbo:

Lies. They voted massively for him in 2003 when Yoruba presidency was at stake. Yes they did not vote for him in 1998 because either way, a Yoruba would be president (Obj or Falae)

no they did not vote for him massively. their votes were spilt between pdp, ac and anpp etc! they were lost and that is why obj could rig the election easily. so, i do not think it was about yoruba presidency.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Onlytruth(m): 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2010
Okay, here is my solid pitch.

Can any of my Igbo brothers tell me how we have never produced a Nigerian president, why we have always played a second fiddle and never been on top of a winning presidential ticket?

Why is it that Ekwueme never become president?  

Why was Ebitu Ukiwe replaced with Augustus Aikhomu?

Why did Ekwueme not enjoy northern support at the PDP conventions in 1998 which produced Obasanjo inspite of being the arrowhead of a movement that became PDP?  

We have a rich history of repeated "dissing" of Ndigbo by the north at each 11th hour of every political transition period in Nigeria.
Now, permit me to feel some strong cynicism when the same North wants us to play second fiddle again, with a bait that is very similar to the one they gave Ekwueme for 1987 NPN presidential ticket.

I am really concerned that we may be placing so much hope on that promise and in the process risk reaping the same result.

But for me, the most compelling reason why it may not be a better deal for us is that our region is in tatters. It is OUR RESPONSIBILITY (since we are the major tribe of the East) to rebuild our region and base. The minority elements of the south have hitherto played a very deleterious role voting for northern candidates over Igbo candidates and Igbo based parties.
The question is whether that anti-Igbo vote by these minorities are remediable.

Are Eastern minorities reasonable enough to understand our sacrifice this time?  

Would our sacrifice work towards a more united East or will it lead to more suspicion?  

I would like to believe that Igbo leadership under Ohanaeze must have done the research to ascertain the answers to these questions, hence their endorsement of Jonathan.

My support of Jonathan is also based on that understanding that we need a united East to be taken seriously by the rest of Nigeria in the contest for power at the center. That is my ideal scenario. I would like to believe that my brothers who are rooting for the North have information to support their position that we should allow the north to define and shape our relationship with our Eastern neighbors and kin.

Should we allow the north to dictate and shape our political future? Isn't is better to try shaping it ourselves together with our neighbors?

Nigeria is not running away. We will still get our turn at the presidency, and with OUR CHOICE candidate if we play this game well. Let us build OUR BASE if that is possible at all. If it is not possible to rebuild Eastern political base, then let the chips fall where they may, and let the "fattest dirtiest pig win" (borrowed from Blazay ). cool cool
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

@ igbobuigbo

no they did not vote for him massively. their votes were spilt between pdp, ac and anpp etc! they were lost and that is why obj could rig the election easily. so, i do not think it was about yoruba presidency.

Yoruba voted for/supported their own in 2003. See some proves below

1. “When ex-president Obasanjo contested under PDP in 1999, some of us supported him abandoning our various parties while some voted him because he is a Yoruba man, so anybody can vote the candidate of his choice”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/06/2, -common-enemy/

2. http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/Poli, meruayeII.html

3. Q: What about in 2003?

Chief Bisi Akande: In the case of 2003, we were led to Obasanjo by Pa Abraham Adesanya about three weeks to the election. At that meeting, the Afenifere leaders were present as well as two or three governors and Bishop Gbonigi. Archbishop Ladigbolu was there, the Awujale of Ijebuland was there. After the meeting, I enjoyed the privilege of hosting Archbishop Ladigbolu in my house in Ibadan. I told him we were going to be rigged out of the election; that Obasanjo had concluded he was going to rig us out. He could not believe it. I said I could read it from his body language at the meeting.

Q: Was he the one who called the meeting?

Chief Bisi Akande: It was Pa Adesanya who arranged the meeting. It was a follow-up to meetings Afenifere had with Obasanjo. Along the line, Afenifere was trying to see that Yoruba people supported Obasanjo for a second term, even though some of the leaders are now denying that that meeting ever existed. But the meetings existed. There were three meetings. We held the first one at Abeokuta where (Femi) Okurounmu was our mouthpiece. Chief Cornelius Adebayo spoke after him, before Obasanjo made his response where he promised heaven and earth – that he was going to do the bidding of Afenifere. That meeting was a follow-up to another meeting at Abeokuta at the Presidential Lodge with Segun Osoba. The third meeting was the one attended by the Awujale and the bishops. When some people talk now, they will say the governors sold out the Yoruba. No, it was Afenifere that led us to Obasanjo. Some people will say such meetings never held, but they held.

In fact, the decision to allow Bola Ige to serve in Obasanjo’s government was also taken at a meeting. A meeting was held at Ijebu Igbo and approval was given that Ige should go and serve. Pa Adesanya said, ‘Oh, this is Afenifere’s level, don’t let us conclude the matter here. Go to AD and re-affirm your decision.’ Based on that, another meeting was held at the Old Kingsway at Ikeja. You can ask people like Dr. Wahab Dosunmu if this meeting was not held. The only motion against Bola Ige going to Obasanjo’s government was moved by Pa Adebanjo, and that motion was not supported by anybody. Ayo Fasanmi presided over the meeting and he announced that now that the motion was not supported, was there any other motion? But there was no other motion. So, the motion for Bola Ige to serve in Obasanjo’s government was carried unanimously. So, two meetings of Afenifere and a meeting of AD sponsored Ige to serve in Obasanjo’s government. Now that Ige is no more, people are saying he went to serve his personal interest. When Ige was leaving the government, he wrote a resignation letter, where he stated there that he was going to revamp his party – the AD. If he did not do that, they would have said he had joined the PDP. So, all these meetings were always held and they were at the instance of Afenifere. So, when we left that meeting, I knew Obasanjo was going to rig the election; and when he did, I was not too surprised.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=3183

4. Thu, 10/29/2009 - 18:17 — Franklin Otorofani, Esq.
'AC not part of new platform; ANPP is part of PDP' - Akande of AD
With due respect Chief Bisi Akande is living in the past and as usual playing politics of exclusionism. Any political analyst worth his salt would readily appreciate the fact that AC is no more than a reincarnation of the defunct AD that was asphyxiated and run out of town by the OBJ administration when, like a political general, he overan the South/West to redraw the political map of Nigeria in 2003.

He did this by persuading then AD governors to support his candidacy for the presidency in his second term in return for his support for their second terms as AD governors. The politically naive AD governors swallowed the bait hook, line, and sinker and got their supporters to vote for OBJ and the PDP in the 2003 presidential election.

Having voted for OBJ and the PDP, however, it was not possible to turn back and vote for AD governors as the momentum for OBJ and PDP was irreversible. A tidal wave of tsunamic proportions hit the South/West and the AD was swept out of power which it is yet to and may never recover from. And the rest, as they say, is history. Bisi Akande would never forgive OBJ for that electoral coup that made AD irrelevant and caused it to dissolve and metarmorphosed into AC of today, which Akande holds as his baby that can never merge with any other politcal party.

http://africanheraldexpress.com/?q=c, -pdp-akande-ac

5. ''OBASANJO DID NOT CAPTURE UNWILLING ENEMIES'' Prof Omo Omoruyi

''Candidate Obasanjo was uniter in the southwest. He made many appointments in Yoruba land to both factions in Yoruba leadership from the Awo and SLA camps. For example he appointed the daughter of Chief Awolowo and the son of Chief Akintola Ambassadors. He pays visits to both families'' Omo Omoruyi

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/ua, _vision_o1.htm

6. The 2003 Nigerian Elections that Broke the Jinx

T.A. Akinyele

Apart from the fact that the PDP campaigned more effectively than all the other political parties in these states, it was also aided by the lackadaisical performances of the AD governors. Moreover, the Yoruba seem to have had a rethink and made up their minds to continue to be relevant in Nigerian politics now and in the future. The Yoruba are already conscious of the fact that whether Obasanjo won or lost, the 2003 presidential election, under the generally acceptable zoning arrangement, constituted the last chance of the Yoruba to lead in the mainstream of governance in Nigeria in the foreseeable future. Consequently, they figured that it was in their best interest to vote Obasanjo for a second term since he had performed fairly creditably during his first outing and there did not seem to be other more viable alternative candidates among Yoruba contestants.

http://www.westafricareview.com/issue5/akinyele.htm

7. Why civil rule has lasted 10 years and may collapse in 2011 (4)
By SINA ADEDIPE

The PDP under Obasanjo’s berserk and brutish presidency got away with the rigging of the 2003 elections without the Yorubas reacting violently as in 1965 and 83 not essentially because he belonged to their ethnic group. But because of the efforts of northern legislators who were the majority in the Senate and House of Representatives to impeach him in 2002 so that as stipulated in the constitution Vice-President Atiku Abubakar (a northerner) would have succeeded him. This development made Afenifere leaders, the chieftains of the Odu’a Peoples Congress (OPC) an exclusive Yoruba militia and the majority of the members of the ethnic group who did not vote for Obasanjo in 1999 deriding him as a Hausa-Fulani stooge and northern candidate to rally round him. I recall that the Afenifere and OPC leaders at the time said that if Obasanjo was impeached or was not fielded by the PDP for reelection in 2003 the South-West would pull-out of Nigeria as that was a clear evidence the Yorubas were no more wanted in the country.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpage, ly-15-2009.htm

8. ''Beyond the D’Rovans, Ibadan exercise which pitted Ige against the core Afenifere members, who fielded Chief Olu Falae as the AD presidential candidate, another phase of the schism was when Obasanjo became President and he hoodwinked the South-West governors into supporting him and in return, he rigged them out of office. In 2003 Osoba explained how Oba Okunade Sijuwade and the late Adeyinka Oyekan approached and begged him to help persuade his colleagues to support OBJ. “Under that situation, I want to ask you, if everybody is begging me to do something for the Yoruba nation and I refused and Obasanjo still went ahead to rig me out, I won’t be able to walk free in this country because everybody will be saying: ‘we asked you for the assistance and you didn’t give'' Olusegun Osoba.

http://thenewsng.com/cover-story/who, a-race/2008/05
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2010
Abagworo:

My belief is that PDP is not 100% sure of next years election and Igbos have to be careful and neutral until around March 2011 before making any block conclusion .The only thing permanent in this world is change.Atiku will not hand over to an Igbo,neither will Jonathan.

infact, no one will (with all due respect to the igbos)!!! if i was igbo, i would try to form my political party and push my agenda like the hausas and the yorubas.

first of all, i would make sure all the eastern states are controlled by my party (with development and infrastructures)
secondly, i would always push my agenda forward and make sure any merger would always be at my terms and conditions.
those are my opinion, you do not have to agree with it
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2010
@ igbobuigbo

he said "some of us" and that is also what i am saying. their votes were split!!! they did not vote for him massively
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

infact, no one will (with all due respect to the igbos)!!! if i was igbo, i would try to form my political party and push my agenda like the hausas and the yorubas.

first of all, i would make sure all the eastern states are controlled by my party (with development and infrastructures)
secondly, i would always push my agenda forward and make sure any merger would always be at my terms and conditions.
those are my opinion, you do not have to agree with it

just to add to that,

i would also not accept vp or "i will hand over to you when i am done". i think it is demeaning (with all due respect). i would try to unify the south (closest neighbours) and try to form bonds (when i say bonds, i mean strong bonds not with the leaders but the people)
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

@ igbobuigbo

he said "some of us" and that is also what i am saying. their votes were split!!! they did not vote for him massively

Stop arguing blindly and read all the posts. 90% (rough estimate) of Yorubas voted for Obj in 2003. They could not have voted for BUHARI when Obj was there. Okay Like OAM4J said, I understand it is politics. What I do not understand is why Yorubas deny this in public.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by aljharem(m): 10:06pm On Nov 28, 2010
Onlytruth:

Okay, here is my solid pitch.

Can any of my Igbo brothers tell me how we have never produced a Nigerian president, why we have always played a second fiddle and never been on top of a winning presidential ticket?

Why is it that Ekwueme never become president?  

Why was Ebitu Ukiwe replaced with Augustus Aikhomu?

Why did Ekwueme not enjoy northern support at the PDP conventions in 1998 which produced Obasanjo inspite of being the arrowhead of a movement that became PDP?  

We have a rich history of repeated "dissing" of Ndigbo by the north at each 11th hour of every political transition period in Nigeria.
Now, permit me to feel some strong cynicism when the same North wants us to play second fiddle again, with a bait that is very similar to the one they gave Ekwueme for 1987 NPN presidential ticket.

I am really concerned that we may be placing so much hope on that promise and in the process risk reaping the same result.

But for me, the most compelling reason why it may not be a better deal for us is that our region is in tatters. It is OUR RESPONSIBILITY (since we are the major tribe of the East) to rebuild our region and base. The minority elements of the south have hitherto played a very deleterious role voting for northern candidates over Igbo candidates and Igbo based parties.
The question is whether that anti-Igbo vote by these minorities are remediable.

Are Eastern minorities reasonable enough to understand our sacrifice this time?  

Would our sacrifice work towards a more united East or will it lead to more suspicion?  

I would like to believe that Igbo leadership under Ohanaeze must have done the research to ascertain the answers to these questions, hence their endorsement of Jonathan.

My support of Jonathan is also based on that understanding that we need a united East to be taken seriously by the rest of Nigeria in the contest for power at the center. That is my ideal scenario. I would like to believe that my brothers who are rooting for the North have information to support their position that we should allow the north to define and shape our relationship with our Eastern neighbors and kin.

Should we allow the north to dictate and shape our political future? Isn't is better to try shaping it ourselves together with our neighbors?

Nigeria is not running away. We will still get our turn at the presidency, and with OUR CHOICE candidate if we play this game well. Let us build OUR BASE if that is possible at all. If it is not possible to rebuild Eastern political base, then let the chips fall where they may, and let the "fattest dirtiest pig win" (borrowed from Blazay ). cool cool

onlytruth has spoken,,,,,,,,,,,everyone listen angry angry
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Stop arguing blindly and read all the posts. 90% (rough estimate) of Yorubas voted for Obj in 2003. They could not have voted for BUHARI when Obj was there. Okay Like OAM4J said, I understand it is politics. What I do not understand is why Yorubas deny this in public.

all i can say is, some yorubas voted for while others voted against. but to say massively is an overstatement.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 10:20pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

all i can say is, some yorubas voted for while others voted against. but to say massively is an overstatement.

The age and time when the SW press manipulated opinions are past. We shall be debunking every one of those claims as necessary.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by udezue(m): 10:25pm On Nov 28, 2010
Onlytruth, please talk to them. These vengeful Igbo dudes are only hellbent on scoring cheap shots @ Ijaw instead of looking @ the long term gains.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2010
udezue:

Onlytruth, please talk to them. These vengeful Igbo dudes are only hellbent on scoring cheap shots @ Ijaw instead of looking @ the long term gains.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. ROMFL!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 10:31pm On Nov 28, 2010
udezue:

What was the reason that Ohaneze supported Jonathan? If I remember, it was because they want the presidency in 2015 based on their logic that Jonathan will not be sworn in for a thir d term after 2011, not so? So is that short term or long term for the Igbo? How is that different from the North handing over to the Igbo in 2015?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by ezeagu(m): 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2010
Let me ask this question: What does an "Igbo president" guarantee your community? Guarantee.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by OAM4J: 10:39pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

What was the reason that Ohaneze supported Jonathan? If I remember, it was because they want the presidency in 2015 based on their logic that Jonathan will not be sworn in for a thir d term after 2011, not so? So is that short term or long term for the Igbo? How is that different from the North handing over to the Igbo in 2015?

Yes. But why romance with the North who have betrayed you severally in the past instead of aligning with SS who have always been you ally?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by OAM4J: 10:42pm On Nov 28, 2010
ezeagu:

Let me ask this question: What does an "Igbo president" guarantee your community? Guarantee.

Good question! this is what I said on the other thread

History has taught us that having someone from your region as President does not translate to having progress and development in your region,

else the North would been second to Mecca and Ogun State would have been another Dubai.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2010
OAM4J:

Yes. But why romance with the North who have betrayed you severally in the past instead of aligning with SS who have always been you ally?

As you can see, Igbos are republican and independent-minded enough that some support Jonathan while other support Atiku. That is why we are different. We even voted for MKO and Awo. We are not a population of political tribalists, unlike you.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by excanny: 10:48pm On Nov 28, 2010
I really hate posting when there's a mad rush of replying. Thank God there's sanity now.

What some Igbo folks here dont realized that the civil war gave the Igbo a whole lot of baggage to carry. Winning in an election in Nigeria is beyond thinking i'm one of the largest tribe.

You think an Igbo can just come out to contest and everybody votes for him? That's laughable. Then why haven't the Igbo produced the President since 11 years of democracy.

Let's leave pride alone and gradually gain the confidence of Nigerians.

The Ijaws started with a VP and eventually got the presidency. As Igbos we are not on the same level playing field with others when it comes to playing politics. Dont forget that ever.

Let's go for this VP option. Its the shortest way to get closer to the presidency in my honest opinion.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by OAM4J: 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

As you can see, Igbos are republican and independent-minded enough that some support Jonathan while other support Atiku. That is why we are different. We even voted for MKO and Awo. We are not tribalists.

And how has that helped the Igbos?

IMO! I think it will be better for the Igbos to be united and focus on what is best for the Ndigbos and how to guarantee progress and development in Igbo States than allow other regions use their 'independent minds' to 'divide and rule' them. If the Ndigbos do not fight for and  protect their interest, no other region will & certainly not the North.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Omenani(m): 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2010
excanny:

I really hate posting when there's a mad rush of replying. Thank God there's sanity now.

What some Igbo folks here dont realized that the civil war gave the Igbo a whole lot of baggage to carry. Winning in an election in Nigeria is beyond thinking i'm one of the largest tribe. 

You think an Igbo can just come out to contest and everybody votes for him? That's laughable. Then why haven't the Igbo produced the President since 11 years of democracy.

Let's leave pride alone and gradually gain the confidence of Nigerians.

The Ijaws started with a VP and eventually got the presidency. As Igbos we are not on the same level playing field with others when it comes to playing politics. Dont forget that ever.

Let's go for this VP option. Its the shortest way to get closer to the presidency in my honest opinion.

^^^^^^^

Gbam
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by aljharem(m): 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

As you can see, Igbos are republican and independent-minded enough that some support Jonathan while other support Atiku. That is why we are different. We even voted for MKO and Awo. We are not a population of political tribalists, unlike you.
grin grin grin grin grin grin igbobuigbo
grin grin grin  i beg no kill me

all i know is that yorubas can not be trust,,,, they play ethnic politics

igbo vote for northern president not atiku but ribadu or buhari and igbo vp

GOD bless u all

nibati man OAMJ and jason stop this ur ranting because if not for us obj would have  not be president

fact angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Who Predicted Jonathan’s Defeat Says What Will Happen To Buhari, Agbaje / Photos - Past FCT Ministers / Update On The Biafra Agitation In Onitsha (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.