Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? (5350 Views)

We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / Saharareporters : Jonathan Holds Secret Meeting With Former VP Atiku / Revealed!!! Dirty Facts About Fomer VP Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by MetalGong4: 5:45pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

From now henceforth, the Igbo should stop putting their eggs in one basket. We will root for both Atiku and Jonathan and benefit from both of them accordingly. However, the rooting pattern will be skewed toward the one who offers the best deal.

My brother there is only one basket here - and it is Atiku/Soludo or Atiku/Nnamani ticket. . . . . There is nothing for Ndigbo in GEJ/Sambo ticket.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by rhymz(m): 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2010
I find it hard to believe that some of my Igbo brothers can fall for this ploy, what? Imagine Igbo people talking about playing second fiddle with so much gay and enthusiasm. What has Atiku based his choice on? That he will only be president for four yrz and then hand over to an Igbo V.P and you lots think is a better bargain and are gyrating. . .scheew. . . Rubbish. . . My Igbo brothers and their egos. . . If you want to trick an Igbo man, all you need to do is flatter his ego and make him feel important, he will be so carried away and make many avoidable mistakes. Who in Atiku's shoes will not promise heaven and earth? The man knows how unporpular his candidacy is, he knows that even in the north, Buhari and Jonathan will give him a very hard time let alone other region. He understands that Jonathan has a very strong support base in the SE than any other region, he knows how badly the Igbos want their own at the helms of afairs and he is playing it out as expected. My anger is the way Igbo people are just displaying political naivety. Anyway, until I see the comments of real igbo sons and daughters that have better knowledge of the polity, I will make my conclusions about my own people.
Onlytruth, Abagworo, Ezeuche, Andre Uweh, Dede1, naija king and their likes, I really will to know your opinions about this.
Note; to all Igbo sons and daughters, no northerner will handover power to an Igbo man even after eight years let alone 4yrs, any Igbo person that believes that nonsense is as politically lethargic and irrelevant as Ekweme and his ilks, simple.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Obiagu1(m): 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2010
^^^

Who are you?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 6:12pm On Nov 28, 2010
rhymz:

I find it hard to believe that some of my Igbo brothers can fall for this ploy, what? Imagine Igbo people talking about playing second fiddle with so much gay and enthusiasm. What has Atiku based his choice on? That he will only be president for four yrz and then hand over to an Igbo V.P and you lots think is a better bargain and are gyrating. . .scheew. . . Rubbish. . . My Igbo brothers and their egos. . . If you want to trick an Igbo man, all you need to do is flatter his ego and make him feel important, he will be so carried away and make many avoidable mistakes. Who in Atiku's shoes will not promise heaven and earth? The man knows how unporpular his candidacy is, he knows that even in the north, Buhari and Jonathan will give him a very hard time let alone other region. He understands that Jonathan has a very strong support base in the SE than any other region, he knows how badly the Igbos want their own at the helms of afairs and he is playing it out as expected. My anger is the way Igbo people are just displaying political naivety. Anyway, until I see the comments of real igbo sons and daughters that have better knowledge of the polity, I will make my conclusions about my own people.
Onlytruth, Abagworo, Ezeuche, Andre Uweh, Dede1, naija king and their likes, I really will to know your opinions about this.
Note; to all Igbo sons and daughters, no northerner will handover power to an Igbo man even after eight years let alone 4yrs, any Igbo person that believes that nonsense is as politically lethargic and irrelevant as Ekweme and his ilks, simple.

And on what premise do you support GEJ either? You need to make a more convincing argument why we should support Jonathan.
There are at least some reasons to support the North:
1. The PDP power rotation implies this is their turn
2. The fact that an Igbo will be  a VP is better than what we have now where an Igbo is not in the first 4 powerful positions in the land
3. The possibility that an Igbo will become a president in 2015, or at the latest, 2019 which is not the case with a GEJ presidency
4. The amazing relative ease with which the North united and brought out one candidate to face GEJ, or would you rather that GEJ is returned unchallenged? Are you afraid of competition?
If Jonathan becomes the president, an Igbo will still not be among the first 3; may be number 5; same as we have now: continuous relegation to the background.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by MetalGong4: 6:12pm On Nov 28, 2010
Obiagu1:

^^^

Who are you?

My brother please ask him ooooo . . .  wink
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by MetalGong4: 6:18pm On Nov 28, 2010
rhymz:

I guess Yoruba and Ijaw people are the ones who are willing to support Ndigbo? I dont think so. . . . . 
Dude, you really need to learn about Otto Von Bismarck of Germany style of politics. . . . . I repeat,  it pays Ndigbo more to align with the North than any other part of Nigeria.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2010
MetalGong4:

I guess Yoruba and Ijaw people are the ones who are willing to support Ndigbo? I dont think so. . . . . 
Dude, you really need to learn about Otto Von Bismarck of Germany style of politics. . . . . I repeat,  it pays Ndigbo more to align with the North than any other part of Nigeria.

I guess Mr rhymz is a political neophyte or does not know the history of Nigerian politics. As far as politics is concerned, Igbos will fair better with the North than with most groups in the south. Moreover, based on their cry for zoning, the North has no reason not to hand over to a southerner in 2015. They already shot themselves in the foot by basing everything on zoning.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by rhymz(m): 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2010
An Igbo man that refuses to be cajoled by sweet talks.
Igbo people are better of sb else than Atiku.
udezue:

Lol This is I gotta admit that many Northerners are more intelligent than Easterners. The North knows VP position is useless to them hence they keep insisting on having their run while we have Easterners having o.garsm @ the mere thought that one of their own might be a "powerless" VP to a northerner in hopes that Atiku a northerner will relinquish power to the Igbo man in 2015. Even Atiku picks my own father sef, I will and I repeat, WILL NOT vote for him coz I know VP position is useless. The core aint worried about being anyones VP so why is SE foolishly worryin about it? What did Ekwueme or Ebitu Ukiwe's VP position do for Ndi-Igbo? Nada.
exactly my point. What the hell will playing second fiddle benefit the Igbos? A promise to hand over to an Igbo man after 4years. Imagine the trick! That is all they are offering and many Igbos are jumping like kids that just got candies. This is the best time to a strike a deal, a better one too not this nonsense talk of handing over as if that will bring the lack of federal presence that is visibly lacking in the region. This is the time to show political wits and our demands should not be entirely based on the possibility of becoming president after the northerners say so. If Atiku makes all that promise and the PDP lose come 2015 what will now happen? There has to be some serious bargaining abeg and Atiku or Jonathan are yet to say it.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2010
rhymz:

An Igbo man that refuses to be cajoled by sweet talks.
Igbo people are better of sb else than Atiku.exactly my point. What the hell will playing second fiddle benefit the Igbos? A promise to hand over to an Igbo man after 4years. Imagine the trick! That is all they are offering and many Igbos are jumping like kids that just got candies. This is the best time to a strike a deal, a better one too not this nonsense talk of handing over as if that will bring the lack of federal presence that is visibly lacking in the region. This is the time to show political wits and our demands should not be entirely based on the possibility of becoming president after the northerners say so. If Atiku makes all that promise and the PDP lose come 2015 what will now happen? There has to be some serious bargaining abeg and Atiku or Jonathan are yet to say it.
Okay let me break it down for you:

1. Igbos will play second fiddle under Atiku (as you claim)
2. What fiddle number will they play under Jonathan?
3. Under Buhari?
4. Under Ribadu?

You must answer this question or stop posting stuff on this thread.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Omenani(m): 6:37pm On Nov 28, 2010
Udezue,

My brother, this is power politics. The North knows how to play this game, the West knows how to play this game, it is time for the East to learn how to play this game. We cannot win without the help of the North.

When it is an Igbo man who wishes to be president, do you think the West will support us? The answer is No. They will vote for their own!
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2010
Omenani:

Udezue,

My brother, this is power politics. The North knows how to play this game, the West knows how to play this game, it is time for the East to learn how to play this game. We cannot win without the help of the North.

When it is an Igbo man who wishes to be president, do you think the West will support us? The answer is No. They will vote for their own!

The west has never, ever in their lives voted for an Igbo. They will not do so till eternity. They even will not vote for Jonathan. They have their own agenda.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Omenani(m): 6:42pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

The west has never, ever in their lives voted for an Igbo. They will not do so till eternity. They even will not vote for Jonathan. They have their own agenda.

That is true. They will support their own before they vote for a person of another group. It doesn't matter if the man is Edo, Igbo, Hausa-Fulani, Gwari etc. Never in the history have the West for anyone but a Yoruba.

Igbos voted in droves for Abiola, even when he said he didn't need our vote.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Obiagu1(m): 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2010
@ rhymz, you really have to respect yourself and mind your language!

Anyway, which one is better? A second fiddle under Atiku or a "fourth" fiddle we currently have under Jonathan and will be maintained under Jonathan?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by rhymz(m): 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

I guess Mr rhymz is a political neophyte or does not know the history of Nigerian politics. As far as politics is concerned, Igbos will fair better with the North than with most groups in the south. Moreover, based on their cry for zoning, the North has no reason not to hand over to a southerner in 2015. They already shot themselves in the foot by basing everything on zoning.
. . . You are talking nonsense with all political neophyte yarns. The group that has perpetually kept the Igbos out that leadership we so desperately want is the North. Their definition of zoning is North and South whether na SE, SS or SW, they careless. For example, if in 2015, an igbo PDP candidate lose to say ACN with a who also field in a southerner, do you think the North will field another Igbo after that? Guy reason well, your emotions of what the Yorubas or Ijaws did and didn't do in 1966 is clouding your judgement. Igbos should align with serious minded people whether not or south. Not ppl playing the tribal card to get votes, saying things they dont really mean and have no control over knowing the changing dynamics of politics.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by aljharem(m): 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2010
we will put an igbo man to be president 2015

we northerners will vote for igbos,,,,,,,,,only if they vote for ribadu or buhari

my brothers pls do not listen to rhymz,,, he is not a true igbo son angry
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by KnowAll(m): 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2010
I am not sure any of d quartet of Atiku, Saraki,IBB & Guseau would put their lives in d hands of an an Igbo Chief of Army Staff. Jonathan by dat singular act broke a taboo & anounced to d whole world dat an Igbo man can be trusted with the barrel of a gun. The aformentoined quartet would broke into cold sweat if you were to suggest such an obsene proposition prior to Jonathan's sound declaration.

By dangling the carcature position of a VP at eminient Igbos is one bait any wise & smart Igbo should ignore, they must realise this is one chalice d poison they can do without. undecided
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by rhymz(m): 7:12pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Okay let me break it down for you:

1. Igbos will play second fiddle under Atiku (as you claim)
2. What fiddle number will they play under Jonathan?
3. Under Buhari?
4. Under Ribadu?

You must answer this question or stop posting stuff on this thread.
. . . Are you threatening Me or what?
Igbos hold the Ace now and the bargaining should be based on some tangible federal projects, assistance
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by aljharem(m): 7:18pm On Nov 28, 2010
KnowAll:

I am not sure any of d quartet of Atiku, Saraki,IBB & Guseau would put their lives in d hands of an an Igbo Chief of Army Staff. Jonathan by dat singular act broke a taboo & anounced to d whole world dat an Igbo man can be trusted with the barrel of a gun.

why not,,,,,we northerners were going to put igbos in chief of army staff and so vp for 2011----2018 and the igbo for president in 2019 also create ngwa and anoma states for the igbos so they will be superior to the yorubas and ijaw both in states and votes

also we will divide lagos state into 2 states
1    lagos yorubas
2.   nnewi state for the igbos and make an eze nigbo of that state

if any yoruba gets angry we will just join forces with the igbo  and stop them   angry angry angry they just make lagos look dirty in looks but the igbos will surlly do better,,,,,this is what ojukwu have seen,

also we will give kogi state to them while us we take kwara

my igbo brothers what do u think    wink wink
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 7:28pm On Nov 28, 2010
i have taken my time to study the nigerian politics and i think i have a fair idea of what is going on.

rhymz:

. . . Are you threatening Me or what?
Igbos hold the Ace now and the bargaining should be based on some tangible federal projects, assistance

rhymz, in as much as i think GJ is not the answer, i support your views!
it is just so fun when the group of people that marginalise and kill igbos at the slightest provocation is the same group the igbos trust before their southern counterparts. do they think the north would ever give them "power" after the atrocities they(north) have committed?

alj harem:

why not,,,,,we northerners were going to put igbos in chief of army staff and so vp for 2011----2018 and the igbo for president in 2019 also create ngwa and anoma states for the igbos so they will be superior to the yorubas and ijaw both in states and votes

also we will divide lagos state into 2 states
1    lagos yorubas
2.   nnewi state for the igbos and make an eze nigbo of that state

if any yoruba gets angry we will just join forces with the igbo  and stop them   angry angry angry they just make lagos look dirty in looks but the igbos will surlly do better,,,,,this is what ojukwu have seen,

also we will give kogi state to them while us we take kwara

my igbo brothers what do u think    wink wink

we all know how you will change your goal post coming 2015-2019 embarassed
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 7:29pm On Nov 28, 2010
KnowAll:

I am not sure any of d quartet of Atiku, Saraki,IBB & Guseau would put their lives in d hands of an an Igbo Chief of Army Staff. Jonathan by dat singular act broke a taboo & anounced to d whole world dat an Igbo man can be trusted with the barrel of a gun. The aformentoined quartet would broke into cold sweat if you were to suggest such an obsene proposition prior to Jonathan's sound declaration.

By dangling the carcature position of a VP at eminient Igbos is one bait any wise & smart Igbo should ignore, they must realise this is one chalice d poison they can do without. undecided

Jonathan can remove the CAS tomorrow. He cannot remove a VP that easily from office. Ask Obj how he tried with Atiku. Moreover, if we believe we are in a democracy, the position of a CAS is worthless and of no significance. If the president is not available, the CAS is not his replacement.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by rhymz(m): 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2010
KnowAll:

. . . You could not ve said it any better. Some people and their sentiments sha.
Even if Igbos must align with a northerner, does it have to be with Atiku? If we go by vote counts, Buhari beats Atiku hands down, he is more porpular and respected than Atiku both in the north and south. Atiku is another IBB, he will say or do anything to get our votes. Even though GEJ is yet to state what Igbos will gain from supporting him, supporting him will bring about a better cohension in the whole of the east. The division in the eastern region which was still done by the North has always been to the advantage of both the northern and SWestern region. Morally, Igbos supporting GEJ will show that afterall, we are not as overbearing and domineering to the minority tribes as erroneously believed. Politically, in future, Eastern region will be strengthened and can form a better political bloc that can benefit the whole of the region. Atiku and his elitist northern group cant be taken seriously to the extent of dumping GEJ who stands a way better chance at the poll than Atiku.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

i have taken my time to study the nigerian politics and i think i have a fair idea of what is going on.

it is just so fun when the group of people that marginalise and kill igbos at the slightest provocation is the same group the igbos trust before their southern counterparts. do they think the north would ever give them "power" after the atrocities they(north) have committed?

The West (Awo) probably killed more Igbos with his starvation policy than the bullets from the North. Adekunle who killed uncountable innocent and unarmed Igbos is not a northerner either. Plus, only the SW keeps mocking Igbos about their war losses. The North has gone beyond that. Therefore, we seem to know who the TRUE enemy is.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by aljharem(m): 7:35pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

The West (Awo) probably killed more Igbos with his starvation policy than the bullets from the North. Adekunle who killed innocent Igbos is not a northerner either. We seem to know who the TRUE enemy is.

gbammm, jason who is the true enemy angry angry angry angry
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by aljharem(m): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason and rhymz where are u,,,,,,pls answer the question angry angry angry angry
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Blazay(m): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2010
MetalGong4:

Dude, you really need to learn about Otto Von Bismarck of Germany style of politics. . . . . [size=16pt]I repeat, it pays Ndigbo more to align with the North than any other part of Nigeria.[/size]

Tell them. . .
Tell them. . .

igbobuigbo:

The west has never, ever in their lives voted for an Igbo. They will not do so till eternity. They even will not vote for Jonathan. [size=16pt]They have their own agenda.[/size]

Tell them. . . .
Tell them. . . .

The west always has their own agenda and it is always anti-Nigerian.
Never trust them. The most selfish group of people in Nigerian history.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by rhymz(m): 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

The West (Awo) probably killed more Igbos with his starvation policy than the bullets from the North. Adekunle who killed innocent Igbos is not a northerner either. We seem to know who the TRUE enemy is.
. . . That is exactly why no right igbo person should think like you. You would rather cut your nose to spite your face than make reasonable agreements. You allow your anti-yoruba or Ijaw-stance to get the better part of your decisions and Analysis. Let go abeg, this 2010/2011, nobody votes with that mentality, I am all for what any of the candidate can do that will positively affect me not all that crap abt who did this and that in a war that happened more than 40yrz ago.
jason12345:

. . .the problem with many of my Igbo brothers is playing politics of flattery and stupid misplaced anger. The fact is, this is politics, no permanent for but permanent interests.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

The West (Awo) probably killed more Igbos with his starvation policy than the bullets from the North. Adekunle who killed uncountable innocent and unarmed Igbos is not a northerner either. Plus, only the SW keeps mocking Igbos about their war losses. The North has gone beyond that. Therefore, we seem to know who the TRUE enemy is.

so you think the yorubas are the true enemy of igbo undecided. wow, this has come as a shock to me! shocked. do you know why some of the yorubas "mock" igbos for their war losses ON THE INTERNET? incase you do not know, they do that because you insults their leader (awo) and it hurts them so much that they only have an option, that is, to bite back harder. how many igbos insult murital mohammed? only a very few. but they think because the yorubas are weak so they can be insulted (that is the way the yorubas see it).

anyway, if you think supporting a northerner over a fellow southerner is best for you. then carry on! wink

alj harem:

gbammm, jason who is the true enemy angry angry angry angry

you guys are the masters of "divide and rule" system of conquering, only second to the british! goodluck!
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2010
rhymz:

. . . That is exactly why no right igbo person should think like you. You would rather cut your nose to spite your face than make reasonable agreements. You allow your anti-yoruba or Ijaw-stance to get the better part of your decisions and Analysis. Let go abeg, this 2010/2011, nobody votes with that mentality, I am all for what any of the candidate can do that will positively affect me not all that crap abt who did this and that in a war that happened more than 40yrz ago, . .the problem with many of my Igbo brothers is playing politics of flattery and silly misplaced anger. The fact is, this is politics, no permanent for but permanent interests.

i could not agree more. that is why i kept repeating the bolded part in your statement for about 2 wks!

the fact that atiku wants an igbo vp, does not mean he wants what is best for ndigbo. all he wants is to be the president at all cost! hence, his changing of parties (from pdp to ac now pdp, only GOD knows where h would go next)
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

so you think the yorubas are the true enemy of igbo undecided. wow, this has come as a shock to me! shocked. do you know why some of the yorubas "mock" igbos for their war losses ON THE INTERNET? incase you do not know, they do that because you insults their leader (awo) and it hurts them so much that they only have an option, that is, to bite back harder. how many igbos insult murital mohammed? only a very few. but they think because the yorubas are weak so they can be insulted (that is the way the yorubas see it).

anyway, if you think supporting a northerner over a fellow southerner is best for you. then carry on! wink

you guys are the masters of "divide and rule" system of conquering, only second to the british! goodluck!

Talk about Awo starvation and Adekunle. Did you miss those?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Blazay(m): 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2010
ikeyman00 (m)
uk

Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Agaisnt The SS?
« #20 on: Today at 02:53:08 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We need seasoned politicians not neophytes.
Soludo will be ripe in some 10 years.
He needs to learn the ropes first.

s hit like this is laughable considering what is currently on ground
the yorubas and the north that had; done any better abi

some people need brain re-orientation for good of the country.

And your point is? :-
What is brain re-orientation?
What is on 'your' ground between your legs?
Wipe yourself properly please. embarassed

udezue (m)
DownSouth

Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Agaisnt The SS?
« #25 on: Today at 05:20:45 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lol This is I gotta admit that many Northerners are more intelligent than Easterners. The North knows VP position is useless to them hence they keep insisting on having their run while we have Easterners having o.garsm @ the mere thought that one of their own might be a "powerless" VP to a northerner in hopes that Atiku a northerner will relinquish power to the Igbo man in 2015. Even Atiku picks my own father sef, I will and I repeat, WILL NOT vote for him coz I know VP position is useless. The core aint worried about being anyones VP so why is SE foolishly worryin about it? What did Ekwueme or Ebitu Ukiwe's VP position do for Ndi-Igbo? Nada.   

Hahahahaha

While this is a possibility,  Ndi-Igbo do NOT have a choice but to take that risk.
The South-South and the North took that chance with OBJ and he pressed fora Third Term even after 2 terms.
Hopefully, the Ndi-Igbo VP would have infiltrated the system like Atiku did with OBJ, to get the power/political clout to upstage the efforts of Atiku if he decide to go back on his word and do the second term agenda(which I doubt, for the Northeners have more scruples than the Southerners).

Atiku was able to stop OBJ with the help of the other parts of Nigeria. I believe Ndi-Igbo can do that with the help of a seasoned politician. That man is Nnamani, not Soludo.
Soludo needs to be postioned in a key financial position in the Nigerian government enough to enrich the Ndi-Igbos sufficiently within the next four years to control the electorate. . .with their own "Jega" in place. A disadvantage to GEJ right now, since GEJ has no autonomy outside of OBJ. Only an Atiku-Nnamani ticket can deal with the GEJ/OBJ ticket for Nnamani can check Atiku effectively in Aso Rock. Soludo does not have that experience. He needs at least another 4 years.

Atiku has done his homework during the 8 years with OBJ.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2010
Jason

I have read your posts and you have no love for Jonathan. You prefer ACN and Ribadu (Northern president still) so what are you talking? Hypocrite.

Why is Afenifere not supporting GEJ?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2010
rhymz:

. . . That is exactly why no right igbo person should think like you. You would rather cut your nose to spite your face than make reasonable agreements. You allow your anti-yoruba or Ijaw-stance to get the better part of your decisions and Analysis. Let go abeg, this 2010/2011, nobody votes with that mentality, I am all for what any of the candidate can do that will positively affect me not all that crap abt who did this and that in a war that happened more than 40yrz ago,  . .the problem with many of my Igbo brothers is playing politics of flattery and silly misplaced anger. The fact is, this is politics, no permanent for but permanent interests.

Will a SWner vote for an Igbo? Answer that too. If you search thru my previous posts, youu will see that I was for Jonathan until the latest permutation. I have no problem with the Ijaw. I am only fighting for what is best for my people. Jonathan happens to be Ijaw but he has not said anything I think can help better my people.  So instead of ranting all over the place, go ahead and tell me what Igbos wil gain from a GEJ presidency.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

By 2050 The Population Of Nigeria Will Be 402 Million / Update On The Biafra Agitation In Onitsha (photos) / The Return Of The Boys At The Creek: Why Buhari Must Beware!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.