Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,879 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? (5349 Views)

We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / Saharareporters : Jonathan Holds Secret Meeting With Former VP Atiku / Revealed!!! Dirty Facts About Fomer VP Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Obiagu1(m): 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

so you think the yorubas are the true enemy of igbo undecided. wow, this has come as a shock to me! shocked. do you know why some of the yorubas "mock" igbos for their war losses ON THE INTERNET? incase you do not know, they do that because you insults their leader (awo) and it hurts them so much that they only have an option, that is, to bite back harder. how many igbos insult murital mohammed? only a very few. but they think because the yorubas are weak so they can be insulted (that is the way the yorubas see it).

anyway, if you think supporting a northerner over a fellow southerner is best for you. then carry on! wink

you guys are the masters of "divide and rule" system of conquering, only second to the british! goodluck!

When an outsider hurts you, it pains but when your supposed brother hurts you, I can't estimate how if feels like. Yorubas are not enemies of the Igbos but they simply don't like each other.

It's not that we support a northerner over a fellow southerner but rotation is already in PDP constitution. Secondly, if the SS gets the presidency before the Igbos, Igbos will be relegated more to the background which we have to resist. It doesn't matter who gets it after the 3 major groups have had their turn. If it had been minorities since OBJ, we don't care, but the 2 major groups have had it, so we have to try to be the 3rd. We still have the defeat mentality which we have to overcome and assert ourselves where we should belong in this country, among the top 3 or else we are doomed.

Our relationship with the SS depends, if we finally have that luck, how we deal with them. If we treat them as absolute brothers as we still see them as, all ills may be forgiven and we will bring them back to our fold as brothers in partnership.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Talk about Awo starvation and Adekunle. Did you miss those?

before you get me wrong, i am not in support of awo's policies during the war. its was regrettable for the yorubas and i know they feel bad for what awo did during the time
do you know what accompanies war? any soldier would have done the same! but let us not go into that topic, pls.

igbobuigbo:

Jason

I have read your posts and you have no love for Jonathan. You prefer ACN and Ribadu (Northern president still) so what are you talking? Hypocrite.

Why is Afenifere not supporting GEJ?

afenifere is a socio-cultural group and it usually does its endorsement regionally. that is only within yorubas, western and some midwestern jurisdiction.
i do not think it wants to get involved in national politics.

and i was only referring to the people that are about to be deceived by atiku because it is obvious and i do not expect you or anybody to fall for it! but then again, we are individuals and you are entitled to you opinions.

i have said from day one, an igbo party should produce a candidate even if he might not going to win. that ensures the igbo's political relevance. this is just my opinion
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by excanny: 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2010
@ jason. When did you become the spokesperson for the Yorubas.

Your kinsman is about being unseated out of the governorship race in Delta, yet you never for once speak for the Itshekiri. I used to doubt those who call you an undercover tribalist until now.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by KnowAll(m): 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2010
Jonathan can remove the CAS tomorrow. He cannot remove a VP from office. Ask Obj how he tried with Atiku.

A President can make a VP little better than d office table he sits on by stripping all pernaniphelia of officialdom from such a person reducing d percieved exulted post of a VP to dat little better than an office chair.

Even in America they don't know what to make of d position of the VP which in a lay man's term is a spare hand. I have bought enough used cars in my time and many of these old bangers dat I bought, I was amazed how some had there spare tyres intact never used B4,  this is d position of a VP.

In d Nigeria context where d President is feted like a God the VP is as good as a "persona non grata" to lose sleep and be excited at being conferred with this ignominy which can be likened to a houseboyish role is not only a slap on Igbo intelligentsia but a sacriledge and mockery by d mallams playing d only aces they know   " the Igbo's would take this role becos of their love of money".

Rather d Igbos are better of engaging Jonathan in a dialogue about what they want to happen in d SE. After all a bird in hand is worth 2 in d bush. SE & SS used to be one & the President's middle name came from d high esteem d President's parent held for the indomitable Zik of Africa.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2010
Obiagu1:

When an outsider hurts you, it pains but when your supposed brother hurts you, I can't estimate how if feels like. Yorubas are not enemies of the Igbos but they simply don't like each other.

It's not that we support a northerner over a fellow southerner but rotation is already in PDP constitution. Secondly, if the SS gets the presidency before the Igbos, Igbos will be relegated more to the background which we have to resist. It doesn't matter who gets it after the 3 major groups have had their turn. If it had been minorities since OBJ, we don't care, but the 2 major groups have had it, so we have to try to be the 3rd. We still have the defeat mentality which we have to overcome and assert ourselves where we should belong in this country, among the top 3 or else we are doomed.

Our relationship with the SS depends, if we finally have that luck, how we deal with them. If we treat them as absolute brothers as we still see them as, all ills may be forgiven and we will bring them back to our fold as brothers in partnership.
@ bolded
i am very glad that you said that my brother. it means you wnat to get back to your rightful place as it should be.

your brothers hurt you 40 yrs ago. fine. we have to move on and we are already moving on.

as someone told me on this forum, a yoruba man was made a commissioner or so in an igbo state and vis-versa in the yoruba state. we have to move on. no one hates the igbos in nigeria, i believe so!
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2010
excanny:

@ jason. When did you become the spokesperson for the Yorubas.

Your kinsman is about being unseated out of the governorship race in Delta, yet you never for once speak for the Itshekiri. I used to doubt those who call you an undercover tribalist until now.

brother, i have lived with the yorubas all my life (in nigeria) and i think i know how they think. i try as much as possible not to be a tribalist but occasionally i slip up with my words. apologies if i have do so
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by aljharem(m): 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbos,,,,,,,,,,, pls vote for us!!!!!!!

i am tellin u
why not,,,,,we northerners were going to put igbos in chief of army staff and so vp for 2011----2018 and the igbo for president in 2019 also create ngwa and anoma states for the igbos so they will be superior to the yorubas and ijaw both in states and votes

also we will divide lagos state into 2 states
1    lagos yorubas
2.   nnewi state for the igbos and make an eze nigbo of that state

if any yoruba gets angry we will just join forces with the igbo  and stop them   angry angry angry they just make lagos look dirty in looks but the igbos will surlly do better,,,,,this is what ojukwu have seen,

also we will give kogi state to them while us we take kwara

my igbo brothers what do u think    wink wink
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by McKren(m): 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2010
all those who want to make a lot of noise about first fiddle and second fiddle should tell us what fiddle Jonathan Goodluck was playing when he accepted to be VP to Yar'adua while the likes of Sam Egwu and Rochas Okorocha were running for President?

Some of us were not actually born yesterday you know?

There is a rotation policy in PDP and Ndigbo should be proud to accept a VP position under Atiku and help defeat Jonathan.

Jonathan is a clueless leader and his continued 4years in office is of no use to even the Ijaws let alone the rest of Nigeria.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2010
Jason

Afenifere is working with SNG for Buhari. Did you miss that too? Its here. Why are the Yoruba themselves not contesting?

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/verdict07/afeniferes-party-dpa-endorses-buhari-why-we-did-it-by-falae.html
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by excanny: 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2010
KnowAll:

A President can make a VP little better than d office table he sits on by stripping all pernaniphelia of officialdom from such person reducing d percieved exulted post of a VP t. dat little better than an office chair.

Even in America they don't know what to make of d position of the VP which in a lay man's term is a spare hand. I have bought enough used cars in my time and many of these old bangers dat I bought, I was amazed how some had there spare tyres intact never used B4,  this is d position of a VP.

In d Nigeria context where d President is feted like a God the VP is as good as a "persona non grata" to lose sleep and be excited at being conferred with this ignominy which can be likened to a houseboyish role is not only a slap on Igbo intelligentsia but a sacriledge and mockery by d mallams playing d only aces they know   " the Igbo's would take this role becos of their love of money".

Rather d Igbos are better of engaging Jonathan in a dialogue about what they want to happen in d SE. After all a bird in hand is worth 2 in d bush. SE & SS used to be one & the President's middle name came from d high esteem d President's parent held for the indomitable Zik of Africa.

You have no of what is going on in Nigeria politics. There's a romance section, people who think like you should make it their permanent posting place.

What will be your position under a Jonathan ticket?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2010
McKren:

all those who want to make a lot of noise about first fiddle and second fiddle should tell us what fiddle Jonathan Goodluck was playing when he accepted to be VP to Yar'adua while the likes of Sam Egwu and Rochas Okorocha were running for President?

Some of us were not actually born yesterday you know?

There is a rotation policy in PDP and Ndigbo should be proud to accept a VP position under Atiku and help defeat Jonathan.

Jonathan is a clueless leader and his continued 4years in office is of no use to even the Ijaws let alone the rest of Nigeria.

Thanks

Hahaha! Rhymz is an igbo efulefu
Jason is a Yoruba undercover
Knowall is a born Yoruba tribalist and an unserious mind

That settles it.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by McKren(m): 8:28pm On Nov 28, 2010
KnowAll:

A President can make a VP little better than d office table he sits on by stripping all pernaniphelia of officialdom from such a person reducing d percieved exulted post of a VP to dat little better than an office chair.

Was it for love of money Jonathan accepted VP in 2007? If that is the case then Jonathan started loving money 4years ago.

You can not bully others to support you. Your candidate is simply not a Presidential material.

He is a President by accident and that is the much he can ever be, he will never get elected because he has simply demonstrated that he is not up to the job. Donald Duke or Odein Ajumogobia as President and the story would have been different. Jonathan simply has not got it.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by aljharem(m): 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Thanks

Knowall is a born Yoruba tribalist and an unserious mind

That settles it.

what about me angry angry
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2010
Reading thru previous thread I saw where Igbos are blamed for supporting Jonathan. Now they are being blamed for supporting Atiku. What do these blamers want, anyways?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2010
alj harem:

what about me angry angry
A clown with some comic value grin
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 8:33pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Thanks

Knowall is a born Yoruba tribalist

That settles it.

so what do you want?

1) go against ohanaeze's decision (with all due respect) and vote for atiku with an igbo vp?

2) go with ohanaeze's decision?

3) produce your own candidate and pick a vp from the north?

pls, i want to know what you think?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

so what do you want?

1) go against ohanaeze's decision (with all due respect) and vote for atiku with an igbo vp?

2) go with ohanaeze's decision?

3) produce your own candidate and pick a vp from the north?

pls, i want to know what you think?

Ohaneze did not decide for me. I will do what I think is in the best interest of the Igbos, not what Ohaneze thinks. What guarantees Igbo a befitting playing ground in Nigeria is what I will do.
As for you, you have no support for Jonathan, despite being from the SS as you (although I strongly believe you are a Yoruba) as I have read from your posts. Why are you concerned with whom Igbo support?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Obiagu1(m): 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2010
Ohaneze should not meddle with politics period. They have a task to unite all Igbo clans which they haven't completed.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 8:38pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Ohaneze did not decide for me. I will do what I think is in the best interest of the Igbos, not what Ohaneze thinks. What guarantees Igbo a befitting playing ground in Nigeria is what I will do.
As for you, you have no support for Jonathan, despite being from the SS as you (although I strongly believe you are a Yoruba) as I have read from your posts. Why are you concerned with whom Igbo support?

cause i love igbos!
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Obiagu1(m): 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

cause i love igbos!

Good, so support Atiku so that an Igbo will become president in 2015 or 2019.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2010
Jason

You do not support Jonathan and have even asked that he (PDP) be voted out. So stop being a hypocrite. I can see thru you clearly.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2010
Obiagu1:

Good, so support Atiku so that an Igbo will become president in 2015 or 2019.

you cannot give me conditions! my love for igbos is unconditional!

igbobuigbo:

Jason

You do not support Jonathan and have even asked that he (PDP) be voted out. So stop being a hypocrite. I can see thru you clearly.

yes i do not support GJ becaus eof how polarised the country has been under his regime. but does mean you should be marginalised (politically) because of pdp? why not another party?

as much as i love the igbos, i also love nigeria and her people and i would support a progressive party irrespective of ethnicity!
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 8:49pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

you cannot give me conditions! my love for igbos is unconditional!

yes i do not support GJ becaus eof how polarised the country has been under his regime. but does mean you should be marginalised (politically) because of pdp? why not another party?

as much as i love the igbos, i also love nigeria and her people and i would support a progressive party irrespective of ethnicity!

So why do you have a problem with some Igbos supporting Atiku?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

did you read my post? i said i also love nigeians and her people so i would support a progressive party or candidate irrespective of his ethnicity.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2010
Jason:

Some Yoruba (YCE) support Jonathan
Others (Afenifere/SNG) support Buhari
Others (ACN) support Ribadu
We Igbos do not interfere with your political wish. Why are you bothered with us?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by aljharem(m): 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

i believe jason might be acting pro-yoruba sometimes before but i think he just love igbos and everyone in nigeria

his position is clear

u can not see thru jason because it is as transparent as it gets
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2010
alj harem:

i believe jason might be acting pro-yoruba sometimes before but i think he just love igbos and everyone in nigeria

his position is clear

u can not see thru jason because it is as transparent as it gets

Jason logs out and Alj harem logs in immediately and answers for him. lol.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by aljharem(m): 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

what do u mean,,,,,,,,, that i am jason
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 9:05pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

okay, we are both online now? so what? i hate when people say i am harem. pls we are both online, check the i.p address etc!!!! angry
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

by the way, i do not have harem's sense of humour! grin
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by bkbabe97y(m): 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2010
alj harem:

what do u mean,,,,,,,,, that i am jason

Dont even pay him no mind! Ibos are the most paranoid mootherfucxkas on the face of the earth. Their madness even transcends, as u can see, to the web!

Theyve also accused me of being 9jaganja, Tpia, Bluetooth, Babapupa, Fstranger, Aigbofa, Sefago, Ileke-idi etc. . . .

I guess theyre still delusional that so many people can dislike them and their horrible character. . . . .
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Omenani(m): 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2010
People need to understand that you cannot win the East without the Ndigbo. We make up 75% - 80% of the population. There is a numerical majority. Only a fool would ignore the most crucial vote in the East.

Especially when the West will vote for their own. And the South-South is divided amongst ethnic lines.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APGA Is Dead – Sen Okonkwo / Okada Riders Sue Edo Govt Over Ban / Another Bomb Blast In Utako Market Abuja Just Now???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.