Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? (5352 Views)

We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / Saharareporters : Jonathan Holds Secret Meeting With Former VP Atiku / Revealed!!! Dirty Facts About Fomer VP Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by houvest: 6:05pm On Nov 29, 2010
The Answer to  Ops question is that th North wants to grasp back power at all costs
Let me use this quote to show a bit the mindset of Northerners towards the SE and SS:

[b]
Re: Where Was The South South In 1914, 1945, 1960?
« #119 on: October 01, 2010, 04:08 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: ndu_chucks on September 29, 2010, 01:40 AM
Unbelievable!! This is the kind of misdirected understanding that continues to make you people subservient to your Igbo lords, you will ultimately be ruled by them. Mark my word.

I hereby continue with excerps from a recent interview of Professor Ango Abdullahi, former Vice-Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria:

What is your opinion on Edwin Clark and others who have been clamouring for Jonathan to vie in 2011?

This is why I wrote him a letter to remind him. I wrote him a letter personally on why he should tread with caution. We visited Warri a number of times. We had several meetings with the South-South people–mainly Ijaws–in Abuja, and that is how we agreed that they will support a northern presidential aspiration. But they will also want a South-southerner to be the vice-president, specifically, in the words of Edwin Clark, an ‘Ijaw man’. There are several tribes in South-South but he insisted on an Ijaw man. It worked out in the end. I Hope Clark will remember all these. He is not guiding Jonathan along the path of this agreement or understanding that it would get to them, after the North would have run its eight years. And if things work out the way we plan, the South-South will take its turn in 2015. And by that time it is the vice-president from that zone that will perhaps, depending on how he performs, emerge as the president. That was our agreement. But now, they want to disown that agreement and still want the North to support Jonathan to continue as president. Something must be wrong with the way they think.

Integrity is not a word that comes to mind whenever the name Edwin Clark is mentioned !! [/b]

The conspiracy was between the North and SS. If the North was so much in love with the SE and felt  that as one of the big three, the Igbos should be the  next group to share power, why did they start a conspiracy with Clarke. Obviously they wanted to use the Ijaws to oust the Igbos and it is now backfiring against them and they are rushing back to the Igbos. These are acts of desperation to hold unto power and why because the more they stay out of power, the more the lies they used to hold the Nation by the jugular are revealed, the more the Nation is able to be restructured, the more a level playing ground is set for all the zones and the more fairness and justice is enthroned in Nigeria
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by houvest: 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2010
And below was my response on that thread

Posted october 1 2001
I have always suspected this conspiracy. It is always a wrong way to solve problems of a multi-ethnic society as Nigeria. A National Conference is a better approach were a total overview of National issues is discussed. When it comes to powersharing, the agreement should be made by all the 6 geopolitical zones on how, when and whom not just a ganging up of two or three groups against the rest on how they will parcel out power among themselves and possibly give fragments to others when they decide. This is the bane of this Nation. If Nduchuks says it was a PDP affair why were all the 6 zones not present or represented at the meeting. All these conspiracies are coming back to bite the North on the backside. Clarke may be a bigot but using the North's own tactics to outsmart them is needed just like OBJ is doing. Till the North stops seeing themselves as kings and kingmakers, there is no sane reason to support them anymore by any Southern zone. It is obvious that the North does not see their historical/traditional alliances with the S.East as reciprocal but rather a use and dump tactic. The SE should support GEJ to the hilt and start fashioning a new politic for herself . Even if GEJ does not succed, a North /East alliance should never ever be contemplated anymore after deciphering this Northern mindset. The same goes also for the SS or SW. They used the Se against the Sw in the 50s and 60s. Used the Sw and SS against the SE in the civil war and after. Trying to use the SE against the SS in the present era. The South should wake up and smell the capuchino.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by MetalGong4: 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2010
In this upcoming presidential election, the ultimate goal is Igbo interest and nothing less. . . . . In the words of Prof ABC Nwosu, 2015 Igbo presidency is n0t negotiable. Jonathan will definitely recieve a shocker of his life when it comes to election proper in Igboland.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Abagworo(m): 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2010
Igbos should emphasize more on increased federal presence and true federalism.Igbo presidency is not coming soon.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Onlytruth(m): 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2010
houvest:

The Answer to  Ops question is that th North wants to grasp back power at all costs
Let me use this quote to show a bit the mindset of Northerners towards the SE and SS:

Re: Where Was The South South In 1914, 1945, 1960?
« #119 on: October 01, 2010, 04:08 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: ndu_chucks on September 29, 2010, 01:40 AM
Unbelievable!! This is the kind of misdirected understanding that continues to make you people subservient to your Igbo lords, you will ultimately be ruled by them. Mark my word.

I hereby continue with excerps from a recent interview of Professor Ango Abdullahi, former Vice-Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria:

What is your opinion on Edwin Clark and others who have been clamouring for Jonathan to vie in 2011?

This is why I wrote him a letter to remind him. I wrote him a letter personally on why he should tread with caution. We visited Warri a number of times. We had several meetings with the South-South people–mainly Ijaws–in Abuja, and that is how we agreed that they will support a northern presidential aspiration. But they will also want a South-southerner to be the vice-president, specifically, in the words of Edwin Clark, an ‘Ijaw man’. There are several tribes in South-South but he insisted on an Ijaw man. It worked out in the end. I Hope Clark will remember all these. He is not guiding Jonathan along the path of this agreement or understanding that it would get to them, after the North would have run its eight years. [b]And if things work out the way we plan, the South-South will take its turn in 2015. And by that time it is the vice-president from that zone that will perhaps, depending on how he performs, emerge as the president. That was our agreement. [/b]But now, they want to disown that agreement and still want the North to support Jonathan to continue as president. Something must be wrong with the way they think.

Integrity is not a word that comes to mind whenever the name Edwin Clark is mentioned !!

[b]The conspiracy was between the North and SS. If the North was so much in love with the SE and felt  that as one of the big three, the Igbos should be the  next group to share power, why did they start a conspiracy with Clarke. Obviously they wanted to use the Ijaws to oust the Igbos and it is now backfiring against them and they are rushing back to the Igbos. [/b]These are acts of desperation to hold unto power and why because the more they stay out of power, the more the lies they used to hold the Nation by the jugular are revealed, the more the Nation is able to be restructured, the more a level playing ground is set for all the zones and the more fairness and justice is enthroned in Nigeria

The bolded is the very reason why I switched to Jonathan's camp. I call it beating the enemy in his own game.
Most of my Igbo folks supporting the north haven't thought that far or are completely unaware of this conspiracy.
If Nigeria's VP is a separately elected office not existing at the mercy of the president, we could go for it on that basis. But we all know that the VP is the president's "boy boy". And for an entrenched conspiracy by the north against Ndigbo, it becomes even more dangerous to accept their baits.

I asked this question earlier; do we want to form our own political destiny or do we allow the north to form it for us?
Who says we can't build our own base and go for it ourselves?
I thought we are known for our CAN DO spirit?
Since when did we start to slack so badly, hanging our political hat on an untrustworthy schemer?

C'mon! This is a no-brainer folks!
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Onlytruth(m): 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2010
Abagworo:

Igbos should emphasize more on increased federal presence and true federalism.Igbo presidency is not coming soon.

I think you are being unnecessarily pessimistic about our chance of producing a Nigerian president. IT IS EASY to do that. We just need to use our brain for once. Yes, neither Jonathan nor the North can give it to us. ONLY WE CAN DO IT FOR OURSELVES. But it starts with us rallying round our leaders and following them. If Jonathan fails us after endorsing and following him, THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME. Nigeria will not end unless we say so. cool

That next time, the south south will be under a moral debt once more to support us. Moreover, just by rejecting the north this time, we will earn more respect from ALL parts of Nigeria including the north.

I even believe that Igbo presidency is CAST ON IRON. We have one joker going for us and that is that the North does not want Nigeria to disintegrate. They know we can force disintegration of Nigeria. At least they know we are large enough to cause SERIOUS problems for Nigeria. So, they are not looking at us as people think.  undecided undecided
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Abagworo(m): 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2010
I am not being pessimistic but rather realistic.The way Ohaneze and our so-called leaders are going about things,it is not coming soon.We need to take care of our region first just like the Southwest has seized control of their region before we can have the power to negotiate or even make any meaningful impact.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by myview: 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2010
Abagworo:

I am not being pessimistic but rather realistic.The way Ohaneze and our so-called leaders are going about things,it is not coming soon.We need to take care of our region first just like the Southwest has seized control of their region before we can have the power to negotiate or even make any meaningful impact.

The SE is being willy here. Ohaneze for Jonathan, ILF for Atiku. Good game. Let the game begin. Goodluck to the winner. After the elections Ndigbo will benefit from either side that wins as they supported both sides. A little to the left, a little to the right. I dey for centre. Let each group pursue their goals with utmost determination to win. But I warn both of you, No killings or I will come hard on you with my hammer. We are not like that and besides no need crying more than the bereaved. Our utmost self interest must be protected.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Onlytruth(m): 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2010
Abagworo:

I have always been for us building our region first. I don't like quick fixes. But the bottomline of my argument is that Igbo presidency is a MUST FOR NIGERIA. Everybody with brains knows that.

The North know it more than any other part of Nigeria because they want Nigeria to remain one.
Of course some of them are still being mischievous, but after this Jonathan saga, those ones will also become reasonable. They North does not want to rock the Nigerian boat or shake its foundations. That is what most of my Igbo folks must always remember. We are not as weak as they think. We may actually be the single largest tribe in Nigeria.
If we bear all those things in mind, we can then DO WHAT WE WANT now -support anyone we want in 2011, and still make a solid claim to Nigeria's presidency in 2015 or 2019 before it goes to any other region.

We just need focused leadership, and I think Ohanaeze is providing that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu: My Toronto Certificate / What Ojukwu Told Igbos In Kaduna In 2001 / Imo Government Owes Pensioners N16bn – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.