Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,744 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? (5348 Views)

We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. / Saharareporters : Jonathan Holds Secret Meeting With Former VP Atiku / Revealed!!! Dirty Facts About Fomer VP Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by ezeagu(m): 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2010
Can someone answer my question on the last page?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Omenani(m): 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2010
After having relations with Igbo women, these women got these Northern leaders speaking Igbo.  grin
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by aljharem(m): 10:54pm On Nov 28, 2010
OAM4J:

And how has that helped the Igbos?

IMO! I think it will be better for the Igbos to be united and focus on what is best for the Ndigbos and how to guarantee progress and development in Igbo States than allow other regions use their 'independent minds' to 'divide and rule' them. If the Ndigbos do not fight for and  protect their interest, no other region will & certainly not the North.

this guy u are starting to annoy me now with this ur ranting angry angry angry angry

just shut up for once angry angry
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 10:54pm On Nov 28, 2010
OAM4J:

And how has that helped the Igbos?

IMO! I think it will be better for the Igbos to be united and focus on what is best for the Ndigbos and how to guarantee progress and development in Igbo State than allow other regions use their 'independent minds' to 'divide and rule' them. If the Ndigbos do not fight for and  protect their interest, no other region will & certainly not the North.

GBAM!!! i think they should start from the grassroot, empower their people, gain social confidence build infrastructures  instead of presidency because it has NO gains. but if igbos (with all due respect) think presidency or vp is better then who are we to stop them? i think we should leave them so that they can sort themselves out. what do you think?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 10:57pm On Nov 28, 2010
alj harem:

grin grin grin grin grin grin igbobuigbo
grin grin grin  i beg no kill me

all i know is that yorubas can not be trust,,,, they play ethnic politics

igbo vote for northern president not atiku but ribadu or buhari and igbo vp

GOD bless u all

nibati man OAMJ and jason stop this your ranting because i[b]f not for us obj would have  not be president[/b]

fact angry angry angry

i have replied you on this thread

agreed, the north had a part to play. but you have to think of it. THEY HAD NO CHOICE!!!

do you think if the yorubas want to secede with the igbos wanting to form their own republic you can stop them? do you think only the north can hold of biafra (because they would see this as an opportunity to leave and achieve their potential), yorubas in nigeria and benin?? cmon, you and i know it was all strategy to keep this country one.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-558654.32.html#bot
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 10:57pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

GBAM!!! i think they should start from the grassroot, empower their people, gain social confidence build infrastructures  instead of presidency because it has NO gains. but if igbos (with all due respect) think presidency or vp is better then who are we to stop them? i think we should leave them so that they can sort themselves out. what do you think?

You are a 2-faced B.S. Now you shout Igbos should contest for the presidency, next you say they should not. Do you have an unshaken opinion of your own that you can maintain or you just jump into other people's opinions like a mere robot?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by aljharem(m): 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2010
jason12345:

exactly,,, leave the igbos with us instead try to win ijaws

igbos are lovly people even before we started trading with the yorubas and hausas we knew igbos as strong people

igbos are lovly and we northerners even knew them before the chinese immigrate in the west nigeria today

igbos make ur chose do not let the yorubas tell u want to do
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by OAM4J: 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2010
excanny:

I really hate posting when there's a mad rush of replying. Thank God there's sanity now.

What some Igbo folks here dont realized that the civil war gave the Igbo a whole lot of baggage to carry. Winning in an election in Nigeria is beyond thinking i'm one of the largest tribe.  

You think an Igbo can just come out to contest and everybody votes for him? That's laughable. Then why haven't the Igbo produced the President since 11 years of democracy.

Let's leave pride alone and gradually gain the confidence of Nigerians.

The Ijaws started with a VP and eventually got the presidency. As Igbos we are not on the same level playing field with others when it comes to playing politics. Dont forget that ever.

Let's go for this VP option. Its the shortest way to get closer to the presidency in my honest opinion.

I agree with some of your statements here. But you forgot that 4yrs is a long time in politics especially with a region that has shown itself untrustworthy over the years.

Did you read onlytruth post? Why didn't the North support Ekwueme in 1999? Do you think if Yardua was still alive he would have retained Jonathan in 2011 and if so support him for presidency in 2015?

Anyway, you can continue playing second fiddle hoping to be rewarded with the 1st someday - at your own risk.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 11:00pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

You are a 2-faced B.S. Now you shout Igbos should contest for the presidency, next you say they should not. Do you have an unshaken opinion of your own that you can maintain or you just jump into other people's opinions like a mere robot?

why the insults? i said that for political gains (for igbos to form their own parties). if it is for economic gains then i think presidency has no gain
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 11:01pm On Nov 28, 2010
OAM4J:

I agree with some of your statements here. But you forgot that 4yrs is a long time in politics especially with a region that has shown itself untrustworthy over the years.

Did you read onlytruth post? Why didn't the North support Ekwueme in 1999? Do you think if Yardua was still alive he would have retained Jonathan in 2011 and if so support him for presidency in 2015?

Anyway, you can continue playing second fiddle hoping to be rewarded with the 1st someday - at your own risk.

The SS also did not support Ekwuemen in 1999, neither did the SW. So why the obsession with the North only?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 11:03pm On Nov 28, 2010
OAM4J

What fiddle number has the SW played? Remember you claim that Obj was not for voted by you. What fiddle number is Bankole (SW) playing today?
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by ezeagu(m): 11:10pm On Nov 28, 2010
No one answered my question. I am against the wasted energy by Igbo people for presidency. Presidency in the hands of a member of your ethnic group ensures nothing and there are far more effective ways of developing your community. All this talk of Igbo presidency is a distraction from what people know that they have to do.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by excanny: 11:11pm On Nov 28, 2010
OAM4J:

I guess you are Yoruba. This is how they talk. The worst thing to happen to an Igbo man would be to trust a Yoruba.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Blazay(m): 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2010
excanny:

I guess you are Yoruba. This is how they talk. The worst thing to happen to an Igbo man would be to trust a Yoruba.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Does the theme song "Cock Crows At Dawn" sound familiar anyone?
Thank you.
"Uncle Gaga"!

Omenani (m)
Umuahia

Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS?
« #129 on: Yesterday at 10:52:28 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After having super-congo shinning relations with Igbo women, these women got these Northern leaders tongue-speaking Igbo.  grin

Go to their bedrooms at night and hear things like:

Aboki: "Haba! Nyanrinya i gbu cha la am o! Nnwayo-Nnwayo. Kei Shege!".
Nyanrinya: "Ran ka de de, Allah-Allah".

At least we are good for something eh? wink
Ask Jemila Atiku or Mariam Babangida.
We make them queens, princesses and first/second/third and even fouth ladies.

They really deliver you know and we keep them extremely content. Maximum strength satisfaction guaranteed. cool
They even convert to Islam and enjoy the fringe benefits of 'harem' living.
We never beat them like you all do in the East too.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Onlytruth(m): 11:18pm On Nov 28, 2010
ezeagu:

No one answered my question. I am against the wasted energy by Igbo people for presidency. Presidency in the hands of a member of your ethnic group ensures nothing and there are far more effective ways of developing your community. All this talk of Igbo presidency is a distraction from what people know that they have to do.

lol @ ezeagu

I also noticed that they were not in a hurry to answer your question.  undecided

Frankly I don't understand this mad rush for presidency, especially through a familiar promise that never materialized before. These folks are talking as if Nigeria just began this year. We have been here since 1960!

By the way, why didn't the Yoruba second fiddle (Obasanjo and idiagbo) never end like ours? Why did they end up ruling Nigeria and we didn't?

I am more interested in the answer to these questions than the mad rush to a dodgy promise.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by OAM4J: 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

The SS also did not support Ekwuemen in 1999, neither did the SW. So why the obsession with the North only?

Where did you learn Politics? You wanted SW to support Ekweme against Obasanjo?  

igbobuigbo:

OAM4J

What fiddle number has the SW played? Remember you claim that Obj was not for voted by you. What fiddle number is Bankole (SW) playing today?

hahahahahaah grin grin grin grin You are not getting it. SW is not playing for any position, SW is only protecting her interest in the game of politics. We voted OBJ when it was convenient for us.

You know what?. If you cannot be the king, be the kingmaker. wink grin
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Blazay(m): 11:23pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Spot on.
His posts have always given me cause for grave concerns.
Watch him campaign for OBJ by proxy offline.

I used to think that way too, until I realized my only choice was a South-Southerner as president of Nigeria.
I quickly had a re-think of the "Igbo" race.
Please, forgive us. cheesy
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by asha80(m): 11:24pm On Nov 28, 2010
Onlytruth:

lol @ ezeagu

I also noticed that they were not in a hurry to answer your question.  undecided

Frankly I don't understand this mad rush for presidency, especially through a familiar promise that never materialized before. These folks are talking as if Nigeria just began this year. We have been here since 1960!

By the way, why didn't the Yoruba second fiddle (Obasanjo and idiagbo) never end like ours? Why did they end up ruling Nigeria and we didn't?

I am more interested in the answer to these questions than the mad rush to a dodgy promise.

i think it is just bragging rights.I was once in a restaurant when one yoruba guy came in and was teasing me that igbo might not get the presidency and that was bad for us.i asked him what the yoruba presidency did for the yoruba and he said all fingers are not equal that all yorubas are not suppose to benefit from the yoruba presidency  
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by OAM4J: 11:24pm On Nov 28, 2010
excanny:

lol  grin Yes am a Yoruba!. Pls my dear dont trust me or the Yorubas, we are only after our own interest. Trust yourself only!

But If you think it is better to trust the Northerners, do so my dear - at your own risk grin grin grin
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2010
OAM4J:

Where did you learn Politics? You wanted SW to support Ekweme against Obasanjo?  

hahahahahaah grin grin grin grin You are not getting it. SW is not playing for any position, SW is only protecting her interest in the game of politics. We voted OBJ when it was convenient for us.

Fair enough then. It was you who asked why the North did not vote for Ekwueme in 1999. So I threw that of the SW back at you. You are making out as though the North dislikes the SE while the SW loves the SE. That will be falacious.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by ezeagu(m): 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2010
OAM4J:

And the king makers, as anybody who knows even a little of Nigeria's history will know, are the people who make the decisions.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by excanny: 11:28pm On Nov 28, 2010
ezeagu:

Are you not here when some folks come online to mock igbos of how the ijaws have take our position in nigerian politics? Is it not this same yoruba folks who will never vote for an igbo man(even though igbos always vote for them). We need to give an answer to those that taunt us because we lost a war. We have accomplish that in all areas by surpassing them. What is left is to outclass them politically.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 11:28pm On Nov 28, 2010
Onlytruth:

lol @ ezeagu

I

It is matter of time and the Igbo second fiddle will yield its result. A northern presidency now is the way to achieving that. Patience.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by ezeagu(m): 11:30pm On Nov 28, 2010
Onlytruth:

I have the answer, and it's short:

No one in Nigeria likes the Igbo people, even among many of the minority groups in the South East.

End of answer.

The Igbo need to start thinking about their own survival instead of useless chieftancy titles.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by asha80(m): 11:30pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Fair enough. It was you who asked why the North did not vote for Ekwueme in 1999. So I threw that of the SW back at you. You are making out as though the North dislikes the SE while the SW loves the SE. That will be falacious.

Where did i say that  .

Is this not my first post here  
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 11:35pm On Nov 28, 2010
asha 80:

Where did i say that  .

Is this not my first post here  

Sorry, wrong quote meant for OAM4J. Will correct immediately. Thanks.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by DapoBear(m): 11:35pm On Nov 28, 2010
ezeagu:

No one in Nigeria likes the Igbo people, even among many of the minority groups in the South East.

End of answer.

The Igbo need to start thinking about their own survival instead of useless chieftancy titles.

Dunno if this is true definitively. However, I read a paper on JSTOR today about the Igbo in Cameroon:

http://www.jstor.org/pss/523673

Was kind of an interesting read. I'll attach a copy of it here if anyone wants to take a look at it.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 11:37pm On Nov 28, 2010
excanny:

Are you not here when some folks come online to mock igbos of how the ijaws have take our position in nigerian politics? Is it not this same yoruba folks who will never vote for an igbo man(even though igbos always vote for them). We need to give an answer to those that taunt us because we lost a war. We have accomplish that in all areas by surpassing them. What is left is to outclass them politically.

i think they taunted you because it felt like you were behind ijaws and ijaw has even replaced igbos in the wazobia foundation of our country couple with ohanaeze's endorsement (with all due respect). i do not think it is about the war. they might refer to the war once you insult their leader(awo) but other than that, i do not think it was to spite you.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by igbobuigbo: 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2010
DapoBear:

Dunno if this is true definitively. However, I read a paper on JSTOR today about the Igbo in Cameroon:

http://www.jstor.org/pss/523673

Was kind of an interesting read. I'll attach a copy of it here if anyone wants to take a look at it.

Cameroon is now NIGERIA? Dude was talking about Igbo in Nigeria. He is correct to a great extent
The SW hates Igbo. The North barely tolerates Igbo and the SS is afraid of Igbos.

BTW, can you summarize what is in the paper as nobody has the time to read a full research article that has no bearing on their profession.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by OAM4J: 11:39pm On Nov 28, 2010
asha 80:

i think it is just bragging rights.I was once in a restaurant when one yoruba guy came in and was teasing me that igbo might not get the presidency and that was bad for us.i asked him what the yoruba presidency did for the yoruba and he said all fingers are not equal that all yorubas are not suppose to benefit from the yoruba presidency  

The truth is that the SW has always been on her own, protecting only her interest since the days of Awolowo and it worked for us. That was why we were always in the opposition.

Obj was able to convince some Yorubas in 2003 to join the mainstream political party, they did. But what has the SW got to show for it? We were better off under AD than PDP.

I say it again having the Presidency will not guarantee development and progress for your region. Make your Region a force to reckon with, fight and protect your interest will.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by Onlytruth(m): 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2010
ezeagu:

End of answer.

That is at the CORE of my earlier concern post. The question is whether the situation is salvageable. If not, then we have to go after our own interest DIRECTLY no matter how. Something tells me that the situation is salvageable hence the Ohanaeze endorsement of Jonathan. I hope they are right. I am against any forced love. If you don't love me, well, tough luck I cannot help that! I've gat to survive anyway I know.

Our history with the north is more predictable though. They never supported us, and they have always been in a powerful position to give us meaningful support but never did.
Believe me, the eastern minority support isn't that much valuable since they aren't that populous, which is why I used the term "reasonable". Are they reasonable enough to understand our sacrifice?

Not matter what happens, it would be good to have a plan B, that is only reasonable. But something again tells me that we won't need that plan B.
Re: Prospective VP: Atiku Loves The SE Or Merely Pitching The SE Against The SS? by jason12345: 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Cameroon is NIGERIA?Dude was talking about Igbo in Nigeria. He is correct to a great extent
The SW hates Igbo. The North barely tolerates Igbo and the SS is afraid of Igbos.

i think you are wrong. due to the way igbos move around, i think they view it as an act of "domination" on their land. i think that is actually silly of them.

but hatred is a strong word

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Salami agrees to retire, Gives Conditions / INTERVIEW: Junaid Is Preparing Ground For Another Civil War – Elliot Uko / From Ifeanyiubah International Games Village Ozubulu/nnewi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.