Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket (19512 Views)

El-Rufai Kicks Against Zoning Of Leadership Positions, Says 'It's Absurd' / 2023: South-East PDP Rejects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket To North / APC Will Lose 2023 Election If It Disrespects Zoning Of Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by Islie: 3:16pm On Dec 23, 2019
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is considering the possibility of resolving all internal squabbles, reactivating and strengthening its various structures across the country and reforming itself before reaching a decision on zoning of its 2023 presidential ticket, Daily Trust learnt yesterday.

The party fielded its February 23, 2019 presidential candidate from the North, but his defeat at the polls has sparked fresh agitations between the North and the South.

Credible sources told our correspondent yesterday in Abuja that the PDP National Working Committee (NWC) was being tactical and meticulous in order not to articulate a 2023 template that would spark crisis and result in mass exodus of the party’s members.

A former member of the NWC from the North East, who spoke with our correspondent in confidence yesterday, said the Prince Uche Secondus-led NWC was creating time for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to reach some key decisions on 2023, especially zoning before the opposition party would act.

“Agitations are already raging as to whether it’s the North or South that will take the ticket. But at the same time, consultations are ongoing on the matter.

“We are trying to avoid a crisis situation after zoning. We are also going to engage our former presidential aspirants in the process. So, we need time to do all these before zoning. Otherwise, there will be crisis of interest and divisions in the party,” he said.

Similarly, PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, told our correspondent that the party was committed to “strategic reforms and repositioning” before zoning.

“We have not reached a decision on where our presidential candidate will come from. The other party (APC) understands politics, not governance.

“But what we are concerned about now is reform to further reposition our party ahead of 2023,” he added.

Daily Trust gathered that the PDP was also being conscious of its coming national convention in 2021 to elect a new crop of NWC members who would lead the party into the 2023 polls.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/2023-why-pdp-is-delaying-zoning-of-presidential-ticket.html

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by crownwealth: 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2019
Nonsensical nonsense.

Useless party of rogues.

PDP = APC.

APShit ‘worst-off’

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by DonFreshmoney(m): 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2019
2023 when we never even enter 2020...

All of una dey mad

37 Likes

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by sweetonugbu: 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2019
We need a third force

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by helinues: 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2019
If Pdp cant zone their presidency to SE, why not zone it to SS instead of the rumored North again?

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by sweetonugbu: 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2019
PDP should wait for APC to zone their presidential candidate first.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by omenka(m): 3:32pm On Dec 23, 2019
PDP, the unabashedly demonic enterprise, has its mind make up as per its immutable policy to treat their most loyal base, the South East, as shabbily as possible.

Notwithstanding, I couldn't care less how badly they get treated. They deserve every bit of the party's scorn for being so blindly loyal even to the point of kicking Ojukwu to the curb in preference for an Aboki in pdp.

I hope they dont even smell the VP's ticket this time. Perhaps that would become the straw that breaks the whale's back.

Nonsense.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by Oluwaseyi456(m): 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ko
Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by Humphrizy(m): 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2019
Issoryt ......All that we need in this country is a good leader from any political party as president who can bring peace and progress in dx country.

We no dey gbaduu political parties.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by Patrioticman007(m): 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2019
PDP should first restructure its Name, what good do Nigerians expect from such an evil party, that bastardized our economic policy for 16 years ?.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by naijazee2: 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2019
shocked shocked is okay shocked shocked
Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by netpro(m): 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2019
PDP zoning the 2023 Presidential ticket anywhere other than the South East will spell doom for the party.

Decades of loyalty cannot be ignored without consequences. cool

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by Lovelies1: 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2019
Check my signature
Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2019
helinues:
If Pdp cant zone their presidency to SE, why not zone it to SS instead of the rumored North again?

Is it by force to contest the presidency? The SS/SE are not interested.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by helinues: 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2019
Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by crownwealth: 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2019
[s]
omenka:
PDP, the unabashedly demonic enterprise, has its mind make up as per its immutable policy to treat their most loyal base, the South East, as shabbily as possible.

Notwithstanding, I couldn't care less how badly they get treated. They deserve every bit of the party's scorn for being so blindly loyal even to the point of kicking Ojukwu to the curb in preference for an Aboki in pdp.

I hope they dont even smell the VP's ticket this time. Perhaps that would become the straw that breaks the whale's back.

Nonsense.
[/s]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by milemimi93(m): 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2019
I am for PMB

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by MZrapper(f): 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2019
Wetin concern me concern politics?

This space is for sale, reach me on 019557609
Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by athaboi(f): 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2019
Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2019
omenka:

Notwithstanding, I couldn't care less how badly they get treated. They deserve every bit of the party's scorn for being so blindly loyal even to the point of kicking Ojukwu to the curb in preference for an Aboki in PDP

Nonsense.
yes we are happy to be treated as "trash"by the PDP.Is it your own trash?

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by helinues: 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Is it by force to contest the presidency? The SS/SE are not interested.

Let SS speak for themselves now.. Which one is all this attache by force

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by wink2015(m): 4:31pm On Dec 23, 2019
Nigeria with ZONE ! ZONE !
Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by Correcto: 4:31pm On Dec 23, 2019
What of APC gives it to the North?
helinues:

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by Ijaycool(f): 4:31pm On Dec 23, 2019
Wow, I didn't read the article but anyone in Nigeria who isn't in politics, I mean directly involved in active politics, is a dumb piece of poo....as long as you are talking about the next election and you are not even caring about how the current peeps you elected are faring. If you fall in this category, join the line of poops.

We only talk about 2023, so GMB can do whatever he wants till 2023, we don't care?

Then comes the most idiotics of them all, the guys and girls who go around comparing PDP (16 years) and APC (4 years).

78.5 % of the people you call APC were an integral part of the 16 years of PDP so what the Fck are you talking about?

PDP or APC can go to soakaways for all I care. Just fix the roads in this country and give us some kind of electricity, please it's 2020 already and we still talking about basic amenities? And some grilled dead meat seller be defending the administration? F-you

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by celeiyke: 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2019
omenka:

Nonsense.

Go and deal with the slaugtering of ur people by the Fulani herdsmen

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by richie240: 4:33pm On Dec 23, 2019
Clowns.
“strategic reforms and repositioning” kee una dia.
The tn wey una don zone give north teytey. grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by helinues: 4:33pm On Dec 23, 2019
Correcto:
What of APC gives it to the North?

After how many years?

SS or SW for Apc

SS or SE for Pdp

That's how it should be

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:33pm On Dec 23, 2019
helinues:

Let SS speak for themselves now.. Which one is all this attache by force

Dreamer your Jagaban(That is if at all he gets the APC ticket which I seriously doubt he will) will contest against a PDP candidate from the core North.Suck on that

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by GeneralPula: 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
Naso we enter 2020!

I still remember Pdp vision 2020 promise! All don Kalas!

If Pdp had delivered 10% of what they promised, naija for don better than this, instead nah corruption them install from up to bottom!

Pdp- One of the greatest disease that ever happened to this country!

E no go better for them and their online paid e-warrior! Those ones won’t ever see greatness!

Pdp hurt this country no be small!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Is Delaying Zoning Of Presidential Ticket by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
helinues:

After how many years?

SS or SW for Apc

SS or SE for Pdp

That's how it should be

abegi park well

It is going to be North/SS/SE vs SW in 2023

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Thanks Nigerians, Says No Cause To Worry / 2019: Inside The APC Crises: Senators Battle State Governors / No Certificate Of Return To Candidates Declared Winner Under Duress. - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.