Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,036 members, 7,814,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU (32677 Views)

'I Won’t Return To APC' – Governor Ortom / I Am No Longer In APC – Governor Ortom / Man Who Posted False Story About Governor Ortom On Facebook Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Versatella: 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
GOV ORTOM OFFERS NIGER STATE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP, DIRECTS HER ADMISSION INTO BSU

The Benue State University Visitor, Governor Samuel Ortom has directed the institution to offer admission to Miss Goodness Thomas, an indegene of Niger State who emerged as best graduating student of St. Clement's Secondary School, Gbaiko Minna for year 2019, but was denied admission by another university.

Governor Ortom's directive follows reports that despite scoring 302 points in her Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), 278 points in post UTME test and six A1s in her Senior School Certificate Examination, Goodness was not given admission, thereby failing to realize her dream to study Medicine and Surgery.

The Governor further gives assurance that the foundation he established which runs charity programmes will place Miss Thomas on scholarship during her stay in Benue State University.

He reaffirms the resolve of his administration to encourage young people who excel in their chosen careers to succeed, irrespective of religion, tribe and place of origin.

Governor Ortom wishes Miss Goodness Thomas a successful academic career.

Terver Akase
Chief Press Secretary
December 23, 2019.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by senatordave1(m): 5:40pm On Dec 23, 2019
What a useless governor indulging in misplaced priorities

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by BafanaBafana: 5:43pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ortom please pay teachers and pensioners

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Versatella: 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2019
Haba, how sir?

Lalasticlala
senatordave1:

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2019
senatordave1:
So the girl's education is a misplaced priority? Because you're an illiterate you won't understand the importance of education to the girl child.

359 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by senatordave1(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2019
Versatella:
Haba, how sir?

Lalasticlala
Has he cleared over one year arrears he's owing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Versatella: 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
For the records, he has since cleared the salaries he was owing, I am from Benue and I am telling you authoritatively
senatordave1:

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 23, 2019
Nice gesture by the governor.
It is high time we get rid of the retrogressive quota system of a thing.
Merit should be encouraged so we don't end up with the likes of buhari in future

116 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2019
shocked

Clone of a governor.
Why sending her to BSU instead of Harvard, MIT, Californian university or any top foreign university.
Did his own children attended BSU?
Sending her to BSU is d same as sending her back to secondary school.

Benue is not an educational center but a farming center.
I visited North core of Federal university of Agriculture Makurdi nd I gave up on education. I begin to wonder if University of agriculture which is a federal university is an eyesore I wonder how BSU which is a state university will be.

What am I even saying?
A governor that used wheelbarrow to do empowerment for d youths is capable of doing anything.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by ochejoseph(m): 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2019
Thank you your Excellency ... History will be kind to you.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by spafu(m): 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
This is a good one, at least the girl can study the course of her dream with a scholarship to go along, and if she is wise enough, she can definitely leverage on this to get further study abroad.
I read one riffraff trying to put up a defense for ABU the other but I choose not to join issue with his attempt to paint ABU different from what it is now known to everyone to be.
But on a more serious note, guys we need to hustle in this nation, to give our children a better life. Why should the children of the poor be the ones struggling with JAMB every year? The rich either send their children to a private school or abroad. [b] In the coming 2020, we need to step up our hustle. Make una check my signature, make una help my genuine hustle guys.

14 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
Honestly I've forgotten about this governor...

He's been silent all these while

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by FVckmannabbQ: 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
senatordave1:

You're the useless one here.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by IgboSomalia: 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Clone of a governor.
Why sending her to BSU instead of Harvard, MIT, Californian university or any top foreign university.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by TooMuchStuff: 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
The Fulanis have taken over ABU admission office

11 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Raxxye(m): 8:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
Good gesture, Mr Ortom!.
I wonder how giving the girl scholarship to pursue her medical studies is a misplaced priority.
Some people dey reason sha!

17 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by YorubaKing: 8:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by FVckmannabbQ: 8:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Clone of a governor.

I visited North core of Federal university of Agriculture Makurdi nd I gave up on education. I begin to wonder if University of agriculture which is a federal university is an eyesore I wonder how BSU which is a state university will be.

What am I even saying?
A governor that used wheelbarrow to do empowerment for d youths is capable of doing anything.

TRASH

23 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by YorubaKing: 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

So the girl's education is a misplaced priority? Because you're an illiterate you won't understand the importance of education to the girl child.

What abt the rest of the students? angry

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by chocboi78(m): 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2019
BSU na school?? Mtchew

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by MRAKBEE(m): 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Clone of a governor.

What am I even saying?

Who is this one?
You wil be the same person to criticise him for patronizing foreign universities instead of local ones?
Someone who attended a good school can't argue this way.. stop being hypocritical

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by partnerbizn4(m): 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2019
fear social media

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by itsme01: 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Clone of a governor.

What am I even saying?

dude the governor is promoting his state owned university and offfering help with scholarship its a win win

did the governor of Massachusetts send his own son to learn anything in benue? besides tertiary education is more than brick and mortal but a students zeal and quest for knowledge

some of the best Surgeons in the world came from Nigerian and Indian universities.. while many top programmers are Indian and Asian graduates.. again the schools you mentioned and most ivy league Universities including top South African Universities have Nigerian graduates as Professors

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by ohuatc(m): 8:08pm On Dec 23, 2019
Versatella:
GOV ORTOM OFFERS NIGER STATE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP, DIRECTS HER ADMISSION INTO BSU

The Benue State University Visitor, Governor Samuel Ortom has directed the institution to offer admission to Miss Goodness Thomas, an indegene of Niger State who emerged as best graduating student of St. Clement's Secondary School, Gbaiko Minna for year 2019, but was denied admission by another university.

Governor Ortom's directive follows reports that despite scoring 302 points in her Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), 278 points in post UTME test and six A1s in her Senior School Certificate Examination, Goodness was not given admission, thereby failing to realize her dream to study Medicine and Surgery.

The Governor further gives assurance that the foundation he established which runs charity programmes will place Miss Thomas on scholarship during her stay in Benue State University.

He reaffirms the resolve of his administration to encourage young people who excel in their chosen careers to succeed, irrespective of religion, tribe and place of origin.

Governor Ortom wishes Miss Goodness Thomas a successful academic career.

Terver Akase
Chief Press Secretary
December 23, 2019.
May God bless you, the governor of Benue State.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Homers123(m): 8:09pm On Dec 23, 2019
When Autumn become VC?

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by ernieboy(m): 8:09pm On Dec 23, 2019
senatordave1:
promoting education is misplaced priority? na wah.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Blackking98(m): 8:09pm On Dec 23, 2019
senatordave1:

Dah. You're wicked o. Asin seriously wicked

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abdulrasheed Maina Arrested In Niger Republic / Abdulrazaq, Saraki’s Supporters Clash At Eid Ground / Pictures & Video From Peter Obi Presidential Campaign Rally In Southern Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.