Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,509 members, 7,836,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU (32722 Views)

'I Won’t Return To APC' – Governor Ortom / I Am No Longer In APC – Governor Ortom / Man Who Posted False Story About Governor Ortom On Facebook Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by feeloscar(m): 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
Jodesky:

Why not just ignore him. He's an illiterate home and abroad.
You are the illiterate here. Know why? For allowing yourself to be lied to. Ortom has not paid pensioners for over a year,workers for over 5 months and who does not know Ortom the drama king? He will always do such things for the cameras shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by back2sender: 9:07pm On Dec 23, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

So the girl's education is a misplaced priority? Because you're an illiterate you won't understand the importance of education to the girl child.
Big misplaced priority. Is she from benue?
It would have made sense if she is from benue state but the report said she is from Niger state.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by zedman1(m): 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2019
Only people outside Benue and persons like Terver Akase love Ortom. Ok, this is a good gesture by the governor, a good gesture for the cameras. Ask him about the age long state scholarship to Benue state students...... Man says he's not aware of Benue state student scholarship after the same students paid in order to be enrolled in the scheme! He's neglected thousands but brought just one to limelight for people outside the state to praise him. So typical. The guy is so terrible. A governor who does things for the cameras , and there's someone here lying he has cleared one year arrears, why are some persons so wicked?

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Ghosted419: 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2019
He should also extend this generosity toward other youngsters in Benue. It is not good to be playing a fatherly role to outsiders when your own children lives like orphans;Being a good father is the best attribute of a good man.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by feeloscar(m): 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2019
zedman1:
Only people outside Benue and persons like Terver Akase love Ortom. Ok, this is a good gesture by the governor, a good gesture for the cameras. Ask him about the age long state scholarship to Benue state students...... Man says he's not aware of Benue state student scholarship after the same students paid in order to be enrolled in the scheme! The guy is so terrible. A governor who does things for the camera, and there's someone here lying he has cleared one year arrears, why are some persons so wicked?

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by vineyardfarms: 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2019
[quote author=Versatella post=85160338]GOV ORTOM OFFERS NIGER STATE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP, DIRECTS HER ADMISSION INTO BSU

The Benue State University Visitor, Governor Samuel Ortom has directed the institution to offer admission to Miss Goodness Thomas, an indegene of Niger State who emerged as best graduating student of St. Clement's Secondary School, Gbaiko Minna for year 2019, but was denied admission by another university.

Governor Ortom's directive follows reports that despite scoring 302 points in her Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), 278 points in post UTME test and six A1s in her Senior School Certificate Examination, Goodness was not given admission, thereby failing to realize her dream to study Medicine and Surgery.

The Governor further gives assurance that the foundation he established which runs charity programmes will place Miss Thomas on scholarship during her stay in Benue State University.

NIGERIA IS AN ANIMAL FARM. GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU FOR MAKING HER DREAM COME TRUE.
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by BabangidaHamza(m): 9:23pm On Dec 23, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
The Fulanis have taken over ABU admission office
Because it is in the Fulani Caliphate, is ruled by a Fulani Emir, and only admit Fulani's and there is nothing you can do about that.. After all the universities in the Southern part (SS and SE) precisely don't give any opportunity to any northerner when such arises.. So they should stick to it.. After all is not by force to study in a Fulani Caliphate University
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Lawmak: 9:25pm On Dec 23, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Clone of a governor.
Why sending her to BSU instead of Harvard, MIT, Californian university or any top foreign university.
Did his own children attended BSU?
Sending her to BSU is d same as sending her back to secondary school.

Benue is not an educational center but a farming center.
I visited North core of Federal university of Agriculture Makurdi nd I gave up on education. I begin to wonder if University of agriculture which is a federal university is an eyesore I wonder how BSU which is a state university will be.

What am I even saying?
A governor that used wheelbarrow to do empowerment for d youths is capable of doing anything.

People like you are ingrates. You did not read that the girl is from Niger State. Do you think that their is no indigene of Benue state that is not also intelligent. Have they all been flown abroad to study.
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by zedman1(m): 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

So the girl's education is a misplaced priority? Because you're an illiterate you won't understand the importance of education to the girl child.
Your comment is good bro, but if you knew Ortom then you would have known why he does certain things. You would have known if he were truly interested in education as you think or he's just doing this for show as usual.
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by TooMuchStuff: 9:37pm On Dec 23, 2019
BabangidaHamza:
Because it is in the Fulani Caliphate, is ruled by a Fulani Emir, and only admit Fulani's and there is nothing you can do about that.. After all the universities in the Southern part (SS and SE) precisely don't give any opportunity to any northerner when such arises.. So they should stick to it.. After all is not by force to study in a Fulani Caliphate University

Kaci kanian ka! Ina ruwanka?
I'm Alumnus of ABU and I know what's going on there.
Islamisation and fulanization breeding ground!

Yet Oil Money from my Niger Delta region is what funds the glorified Makaranta Islamiya. Yan iska
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Blackking98(m): 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2019
lahizak:

You av a point sha. I was attackin d gov 4 eyes s4rvice neglecting the fact that the gal actually gained something. I wish the gal best of luck sha. But i still believe she should try harder and apply for medicine at one of the best skuls in the country next year.... I dey job market now, and i have observed that the university person graduate from matters too
it's alright bro. We go de alright las las
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by lebienconnu: 9:39pm On Dec 23, 2019
@Miss Goodness, if you are reading this post , I want to advise you to take this golden opportunity. Eye service or not, God has answered your prayer. Admission into Medicine and Surgery nowadays has become almost impossible.
The name of the school does not matter. Medical education in Nigeria is very standard.

My humble opinion
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Nitah1: 9:47pm On Dec 23, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Clone of a governor.
Why sending her to BSU instead of Harvard, MIT, Californian university or any top foreign university.

I visited North core of Federal university of Agriculture Makurdi nd I gave up on education. I begin to wonder if University of agriculture which is a federal university is an eyesore I wonder how BSU which is a state university will be.

What am I even saying?
A governor that used wheelbarrow to do empowerment for d youths is capable of doing anything.

You have never been to Federal University of Agric...you are a bad liar.
And how does federal University got to do with Benue State?

You have little knowledge of Educational system in Benue state.

Wait for those that graduate from there to speak about it.

Kindly tell us the educationally developed state you came from?
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Nitah1: 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2019
Haddock:

Just imagine the lie this miscreant is pushing forward! Is it not this same governor that's owing pensioners up to 11 months arrears? Is he not same governor that's owing state workers about 5 months arrears?
Arrears stuck in 2017, you think suffering workers will forget abi?

Senatordave1, please ignore this ignoramus. He is either living with parents or is paid to whitewash the otondo governor.

Silly people everywhere...
Some of yu are not afraid to apportion blame.
Don't you think the salaries and pensions were not inherited?
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by samonak(m): 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Clone of a governor.

What am I even saying?

I attended BSU with one of his Sons, a humble unassuming chap who graduated from Law Department.
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Adams12345: 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2019
senatordave1:
What a useless governor indulging in misplaced priorities

who is this? Pls next time think before you talk, and better guild your uttrance, let it not put into trouble. What is wrong with what the Governor have said?
Why the insult?
Don't you have respect for constitutional authority?
Bad manners. You lack home training.
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by jseth: 10:01pm On Dec 23, 2019
it is only dose dat suck spoilt breast milk dat will see it as a misplace priority. in some countries, they pamper such girl and give her scholarship till her Phd. if she goes out of dis country now and make history, his type wil b d first to shout " ha, Nigerian born"
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by steveodo(m): 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Clone of a governor.

What am I even saying?

assumption is the mother of fraustration, the fact that UAM is a federal school and BSU a state school doesn't make UAM better of BSU in infrastructure, BSU is well planned
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by hope4nigeria(m): 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
senatordave1:
you are just exactly what you call the governor, your brain is very useless
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Natilolo(m): 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]can we every be pleased? Because I don't see anything wrong with the governor's gesture.
senatordave1:
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by jseth: 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2019
Y is someone tinking so backward like dis, giving a brilliant girl dat came out with flying colors scholarship and someone is calling it misplaced priority. if a youth can tink like dis, den we r doom in dis country.
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Richie0001: 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2019
Can you imagine this public display of ignorance. You mean you don't know as Federal universities have different source of funding with state Universities? Whether you like it or not, the innocent girl who was denied a course she well qualified for in ABU has been place on scholarship to study her course of choice free of charge. Simple
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Clone of a governor.

What am I even saying?

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Munzy14(m): 10:25pm On Dec 23, 2019
senatordave1:
This is y i support hate speech bill... cheesy
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by simplyshade: 10:30pm On Dec 23, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
The Fulanis have taken over ABU admission office
yes o
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Bahamas95(m): 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2019
Nice one, support education. Not those useless reality shows

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by MetaPhysical: 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2019
This girl said she wants to study medicine, Ortom says come to Benue State. What kind of nonsense.

Send this girl to Ife, Lagos, Ibadan, Benin, Nsukka.

The girl should be flogged for even choosing ABU to begin with.
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by thatigboman: 10:44pm On Dec 23, 2019
senatordave1:
always talking nonsense
Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by Massey27: 10:44pm On Dec 23, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
shocked

Clone of a governor.

What am I even saying?

Sir, Yes his children attended Benue State University. I can attest to that.

If he had sent the girl to Harvard and all the schools you mentioned above now, it would have been" why didn't he send her to schools in Nigeria"

We always find fault even in positive actions and motive.
The important thing here is that the little girl has been given an opportunity to study the course of her choice and become who she wants to be in future.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by thatigboman: 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

the he/she/it u quoted is a known moronic empty head. Dont waste your time

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom Offers Goodness Thomas Scholarship And Admission Into BSU by mechanics(m): 11:04pm On Dec 23, 2019
Wow, she will surely be happy seeing this, congrats to her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki Pays Surprise Visit To Akume / Aregbesola Bends To Greet Olubadan Adetunji During His Visit To Osun (Photos) / Gov Eno Visits Family Of Late Nollywood Make-up Artist (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.