Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men (3775 Views)

The Prayer Of The Righteous Is A Delight To God But The Wicked's An Abomination! / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by AntiChristian: 11:17am On Dec 28, 2019
A similar thread was created by a Christian with moniker contractkiller in the Muslim section here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5594593/simple-evidence-quran-man-made#85198345

1. Luke 1
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

Who wrote this? Who is speaking here? God or Man? More like people are competing to write a story. You decide!

Genesis 1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Note the several mention of God in this passage. It is a narration from someone, definitely it's not God talking!

3. More narration and deceits from the biblical Lords
Jeremiah 4:10
Then I said, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, how completely you have deceived (nasha) this people and Jerusalem by saying, 'You will have peace,' when the sword is at our throats."

We have it in...

1 Kings 22:20-22
And the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?'
"One suggested this, and another that. 21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.'
" 'By what means?' the LORD asked.
" 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,' he said.
" ' You will succeed in enticing him,' said the LORD. 'Go and do it.'
Here we see that the man said that he would resort to lying in order to entice Ahab and God supported the idea and told him to go ahead and do it!

We even have it in...

Ezekiel 14:9-11
" 'And if the prophet is enticed to utter a prophecy, I the LORD have enticed that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him and destroy him from among my people Israel. 10 They will bear their guilt-the prophet will be as guilty as the one who consults him. 11 Then the people of Israel will no longer stray from me, nor will they defile themselves anymore with all their sins. They will be my people, and I will be their God, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "
God is punishing him for a crime that He enticed him to do in the first place? Isn't that entrapment?

Another passage...

Isaiah 37:6-7
Isaiah said to them, "Tell your master, 'This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid of what you have heard-those words with which the underlings of the king of Assyria have blasphemed me. Listen! I am going to put a spirit in him so that when he hears a certain report, he will return to his own country, and there I will have him cut down with the sword.'
God had that spirit spread a rumor so that the King of Assyria can to return to his homeland. In short, that spirit's purpose was for deception.
Another example from the Bible...

Isaiah 19:14
The LORD has poured into them a spirit of dizziness; they make Egypt stagger in all that she does, as a drunkard staggers around in his vomit.
Here we see God deceiving people to the extent that they become absolutely foolish.
Even though I don't believe the Gospels teach that Jesus taught he was God, however this example is for those who believe that Jesus is God. Jesus admits that he was speaking figuratively all this time...

John 16:25
"Though I have been speaking figuratively (paroimia), a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.
Why wasn't Jesus speaking in a normal and clear way all the time? Why did Jesus then go and say that he won't 'use this kind of language'?
Well, here we find out why...

Mark 4:10-12
When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that," 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'
So here we see that Jesus was deceiving certain people by speaking in parables so that they won't (and God forbid!) REPENT AND BE FORGIVEN!

Also in...

2 Thessalonians 2:11
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie.
So God will delude people so that they can believe lies?

Can the Bible really be the word of God or that of men? I think the latter is favored!

1 Like

Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by enilove(m): 12:13pm On Dec 28, 2019
AntiChristian:
A similar thread was created by a Christian with moniker contractkiller in the Muslim section here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5594593/simple-evidence-quran-man-made#85198345

1. Luke 1
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

Who wrote this? Who is speaking here? God or Man? More like people are competing to write a story. You decide!

Genesis 1
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Note the several mention of God in this passage. It is a narration from someone, definitely it's not God talking!

3. More narration and deceits from the biblical Lords
Then I said, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, how completely you have deceived (nasha) this people and Jerusalem by saying, 'You will have peace,' when the sword is at our throats."

We have it in...

And the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?'
"One suggested this, and another that. 21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.'
" 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,' he said.
Here we see that the man said that he would resort to lying in order to entice Ahab and God supported the idea and told him to go ahead and do it!

We even have it in...

" 'And if the prophet is enticed to utter a prophecy, I the LORD have enticed that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him and destroy him from among my people Israel. 10 They will bear their guilt-the prophet will be as guilty as the one who consults him. 11 Then the people of Israel will no longer stray from me, nor will they defile themselves anymore with all their sins. They will be my people, and I will be their God, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "
God is punishing him for a crime that He enticed him to do in the first place? Isn't that entrapment?

Another passage...

Isaiah said to them, "Tell your master, 'This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid of what you have heard-those words with which the underlings of the king of Assyria have blasphemed me. Listen! I am going to put a spirit in him so that when he hears a certain report, he will return to his own country, and there I will have him cut down with the sword.'
God had that spirit spread a rumor so that the King of Assyria can to return to his homeland. In short, that spirit's purpose was for deception.

The LORD has poured into them a spirit of dizziness; they make Egypt stagger in all that she does, as a drunkard staggers around in his vomit.
Here we see God deceiving people to the extent that they become absolutely foolish.
Even though I don't believe the Gospels teach that Jesus taught he was God, however this example is for those who believe that Jesus is God. Jesus admits that he was speaking figuratively all this time...

"Though I have been speaking figuratively (paroimia), a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.
Why wasn't Jesus speaking in a normal and clear way all the time? Why did Jesus then go and say that he won't 'use this kind of language'?

When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that," 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'
So here we see that Jesus was deceiving certain people by speaking in parables so that they won't (and God forbid!) REPENT AND BE FORGIVEN!

Also in...

For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie.

Can the Bible really be the word of God or that of men? I think the latter is favored!

We christians are aware of these scriptures . But you are ignorant of these scripturs and lack the contextual meanings of them :

Romans 15:4 KJV
For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

2 Timothy 3:16 KJV
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The Bible contains :
-The words of God and His commandments
- Prophets given account of what God did , like creation of the universe.
- The history of human race and stories about some people of the old for guidance narrated by people of God.

This means the Bible contains the Words of God and of men of God .

9 Likes

Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by ContractKiller: 12:21pm On Dec 28, 2019

7 Likes

Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by TEE099(m): 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2019
AntiChristian, the bible is bigger than your very small IQ, well as it is bigger than the IQ of every other.

Think about it, the things you little folks moan about as contradictions in the bible, haven't you for once thought about it, that if it were men trying to cook up something, the so-called evident contradictions, don't you think they would have been reviewed and if possible re-reviewed?

More so, your limited circumference of knowledge is again playing a huge role here, if at all you know anything about this book that is much bigger than your head and logic, you'd know that at no point was it ever said that God wrote the bible. Even Genesis where you were doing a meaningless analysis was written by Moses, every book of the bible has their writers attached to them save the few with unknown authors.

Even your analysis of Luke, lol cheesy grin, that needs no comment actually, it's quite too obvious that it makes no sense with the simple truth I've said already.

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by TEE099(m): 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2019
ContractKiller:
[img]https://images./6uGUY1uOS1g99GiQN6Y8iX.jpg[/img]
EXACTLY oh my bro, I don't know who said the bible was written by God.
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
TEE099:
EXACTLY oh my bro, I don't know who said the bible was WRITTEN by God.

Why nah! sad

Don't mock our friend joh, that's just a mistake!

Bible writers were humans INSPIRED by God's holy spirit, but OP taught we are saying God took a pen and started writing until he completed a big book consisting of 66 smaller book having 1189 chapters and 31,200 verses!

Walahi Talahi mumu plenty for this earth! cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by TEE099(m): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
Maximus69:

Why nah! sad

Don't mock our friend joh, that's just a mistake!

Bible writers were humans INSPIRED by God's holy spirit, but OP taught we are saying God took a pen and started writing until he completed a big book consisting of 66 smaller book having 1189 chapters and 31,200 verses!

Walahi Talahi mumu plenty for this earth! cheesy
Lol, I'm still waiting for the Op sha,

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
TEE099:
Lol, I'm still waiting for the Op sha,

You know there are thousands and one lies we were taught by those credulous Arabs claiming they've replaced Israelites as God's people.

There own book was said to be written, compiled and printed by God himself.

So whenever a Muslim hear of HOLY book, his thinking is fixed on the concept that God took a pen or had a printing press in the sky where such a book is printed! cheesy
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by madone: 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
OP this ur write up eh.. very intelligent one but n a stupid direction..

No be God write Bible ,no be angel na men write am but na God tell them.wetin to write
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by Daejoyoung: 2:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
Of course the bible was written by men who were inspired by God.
For instance, David wrote:

"As the deer panteth for the waters, so my soul longeth after thee"

David wrote this because he loved God so much and had to write this from the wells of his heart to express himself.

This is what inspiration of God means in my understanding, it doesn't mean that God himself is the author of that psalm of David, but that David longed for God's experience and due to this longing he wrote it down.

Sometimes when they also have some spiritual experiences, they write it down the way they understand it.
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
madone:

No be God write Bible ,no be angel na men write am but na God tell them.wetin to write

When i was still a Muslim, we were so deluded with lies and Credulity to the point of insanity!

Imagine an instance where four different individuals were asked to narate what happened in a certain place of course no right thinking person will expect them to write the same thing word for word, but to show that is a confirmed fact all of them will agree on conclusion.

Matthew was a tax collector, Mark was a younger disciple always assisting the Apostles, Luke was a doctor (physician), John was a fisherman and very close to Jesus. Certainly all these four individual wrote according to their level of understanding, exposure and closeness to Jesus!

For instance Matthew's gospel emphasized much on prophecies showing that Jesus is truly the Messiah.

Mark's gospel centralized on what others say including what the Apostles might not even concentrate on.

Luke's gospel emphasized on medical and psychological aspect, Peter's mother in-law was sick, Luke mentioned the type of illness! Jesus did not eat for forty days and forty nights, Luke never called it fasting because it wasn't intentionall!

John's gospel was totally different because he's the closest confidants of Jesus, so he knew Jesus much more than others!

Yet my Muslim people insisted these four different individuals from divers fields should all write the story of their teacher exactly the same way! cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by AntiChristian: 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
TEE099:
AntiChristian, the bible is bigger than your very small IQ, well as it is bigger than the IQ of every other.

Think about it, the things you little folks moan about as contradictions in the bible, haven't you for once thought about it, that if it were men trying to cook up something, the so-called evident contradictions, don't you think they would have been reviewed and if possible re-reviewed?

More so, your limited circumference of knowledge is again playing a huge role here, if at all you know anything about this book that is much bigger than your head and logic, you'd know that at no point was it ever said that God wrote the bible. Even Genesis where you were doing a meaningless analysis was written by Moses, every book of the bible has their writers attached to them save the few with unknown authors.

Even your analysis of Luke, lol cheesy grin, that needs no comment actually, it's quite too obvious that it makes no sense with the simple truth I've said already.

Thanks for the compliments. I really appreciate your response and defence on your Bible.

Having a small IQ meant your God did a shabby job in one of his creation. I thought the Bible said everything God created was good.

I will like to give you an assignment! Open a KJV Bible to 1 John 5 vs 7. Then use other versions too. You may search online.

You will see the verse in KJV but not in other versions of Bible. The Scofield reference note states that it was inserted and that it has no authority!

King James Version
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Darby Bible Translation
For they that bear witness are three:

World English Bible
For there are three who testify:

Scofield Reference Notes
Margin v. 7
It is generally agreed that v.7 has no real authority, and has been inserted. 1Jn 5:7.

And there are several other verses like this
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by AntiChristian: 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
enilove:

We christians are aware of these scriptures . But you are ignorant of these scripturs and lack the contextual meanings of them :

Romans 15:4 KJV
For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The Bible contains :
-The words of God and His commandments
- Prophets given account of what God did , like creation of the universe.
- The history of human race and stories about some people of the old for guidance narrated by people of God.

This means the Bible contains the Words of God and of men of God.

Good response. At least you didn't abuse me here. Can you now apply this your verse to those below

to the verses below

Also in...

Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 28, 2019
madone:

You are kind of drunk at the end of your comment

God never narrate the whole bible story for writer to write
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by Daejoyoung: 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2019

Exactly
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by madone: 10:21pm On Dec 28, 2019

noo God didn't it was ur village people day did. Nonsense u must see something towrite to help the world see how stupid u are
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 29, 2019
madone:
noo God didn't it was ur village people day did. Nonsense u must see something towrite to help the world see how stupid u are

Atleast not like u who dont know history

Even till date god inspire humans to write
But your inspiration is weedy
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by AntiChristian: 2:27am On Dec 29, 2019
Maximus69:

When i was still a Muslim, we were so deluded with lies and Credulity to the point of insanity!

Imagine an instance where four different individuals were asked to narate what happened in a certain place of course no right thinking person will expect them to write the same thing word for word, but to show that is a confirmed fact all of them will agree on conclusion.

Matthew was a tax collector, Mark was a younger disciple always assisting the Apostles, Luke was a doctor (physician), John was a fisherman and very close to Jesus. Certainly all these four individual wrote according to their level of understanding, exposure and closeness to Jesus!

For instance Matthew's gospel emphasized much on prophecies showing that Jesus is truly the Messiah.

Mark's gospel centralized on what others say including what the Apostles might not even concentrate on.

Luke's gospel emphasized on medical and psychological aspect, Peter's mother in-law was sick, Luke mentioned the type of illness! Jesus did not eat for forty days and forty nights, Luke never called it fasting because it wasn't intentionall!

John's gospel was totally different because he's the closest confidants of Jesus, so he knew Jesus much more than others!

Yet my Muslim people insisted these four different individuals from divers fields should all write the story of their teacher exactly the same way! cheesy

This your claim proves they wrote the Bible with their individual knowledge and without any holy spirit or God guidance.

Here is another evidence of the inconsistencies of the four books in the build up to the crucifixion.

There are differences between your Gospels and their historians regarding everything that has to do with the story of the crucifixion.

They differ concerning the timing of the Last Supper, which according to you was one of the events in the lead-up to the crucifixion.
They differ concerning the traitor who led (the Romans) to Christ – did that happen at least one day before the Last Supper, as narrated by Luke, or during it, after Christ gave him the piece of bread, as narrated by John?
Was Christ the one who carried his cross, as John says, as was customary with one who was going to be crucified, according to Nottingham, or was it Simon of Cyrene, as the other three Gospels state?
They say that two thieves were crucified alongside Christ, one on his right and one on his left, so what was the attitude of these two towards the Messiah who was being crucified, as they claim?
Did the thieves scorn him for being crucified, and say that his Lord had abandoned him and left him to his enemies? Or did only one of them scorn him, and did the other rebuke the one who scorned him?
At what hour did this crucifixion take place – was it in the third hour, as Mark says, or in the sixth as John says?
What happened after the so-called crucifixion?
Mark says that the veil of the Temple was torn from top to bottom. Matthew adds that the earth shook and rocks crumbled, and many of the saints rose from their graves and entered the holy city, appearing to many. Luke says that the sun turned dark, and the veil of the Temple was torn in the middle, and when the centurion saw what had happened, he glorified God and said, “Truly this man was righteous.”
But John does not know anything about all that!
These are not the only weak elements and indications of falseness in the story of the crucifixion, as narrated in the gospels. Rather the one who studies the details of the gospel narratives of this story will, with the least effort, notice the great differences in the details of this story, which are such that it is impossible to believe it all or even any part of it!
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by AntiChristian: 2:43am On Dec 29, 2019
Maximus69:

You know there are thousands and one lies we were taught by those credulous Arabs claiming they've replaced Israelites as God's people.

There own book was said to be written, compiled and printed by God himself.

So whenever a Muslim hear of HOLY book, his thinking is fixed on the concept that God took a pen or had a printing press in the sky where such a book is printed! cheesy

You think you are wise but you're not. When we say Scripture it means an inspired book from God.

The wordings and meaning are entirely of God.
So if God inspired and it's written down, it's still the word of God.
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by Nobody: 3:58am On Dec 29, 2019
AntiChristian:

This your claim proves they wrote the Bible with their individual knowledge and without any holy spirit or God guidance.

Here is another evidence of the inconsistencies of the four books in the build up to the crucifixion.

There are differences between your Gospels and their historians regarding everything that has to do with the story of the crucifixion.

They differ concerning the timing of the Last Supper, which according to you was one of the events in the lead-up to the crucifixion.
They differ concerning the traitor who led (the Romans) to Christ – did that happen at least one day before the Last Supper, as narrated by Luke, or during it, after Christ gave him the piece of bread, as narrated by John?
Was Christ the one who carried his cross, as John says, as was customary with one who was going to be crucified, according to Nottingham, or was it Simon of Cyrene, as the other three Gospels state?
They say that two thieves were crucified alongside Christ, one on his right and one on his left, so what was the attitude of these two towards the Messiah who was being crucified, as they claim?
Did the thieves scorn him for being crucified, and say that his Lord had abandoned him and left him to his enemies? Or did only one of them scorn him, and did the other rebuke the one who scorned him?
At what hour did this crucifixion take place – was it in the third hour, as Mark says, or in the sixth as John says?
What happened after the so-called crucifixion?
Mark says that the veil of the Temple was torn from top to bottom. Matthew adds that the earth shook and rocks crumbled, and many of the saints rose from their graves and entered the holy city, appearing to many. Luke says that the sun turned dark, and the veil of the Temple was torn in the middle, and when the centurion saw what had happened, he glorified God and said, “Truly this man was righteous.”
But John does not know anything about all that!
These are not the only weak elements and indications of falseness in the story of the crucifixion, as narrated in the gospels. Rather the one who studies the details of the gospel narratives of this story will, with the least effort, notice the great differences in the details of this story, which are such that it is impossible to believe it all or even any part of it!

God wrote, God inspired, God this, God that.All these are just THEORIES my friend.

What really matters is how PRACTICAL are the WORDS of the so called God? and what is the BENEFIT of his WORDS?

Jehovah's Witnesses have successfully gathered over 8,500,000 people (still increasing) on planet earth to form one big happy family of peace loving worshippers by READING, STUDYING, MEDITATING and PRAYING on what they found in the pages of the BIBLE!

So show, present, tell, introduce to us a better book you know that's from God and the benefits of what is found in such a book by considering the fine WORKS of the adherents (worshipers) of the God you know. PERIOD! cheesy
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by Nobody: 4:08am On Dec 29, 2019
AntiChristian:

You think you are wise but you're not. When we say Scripture it means an inspired book from God.

Story! Story!! Story!!!

It's the misinformed churchgoers around you that has given you the impetus to spew nonsense and ingredients on social media. If all those claiming Christians are Jehovah's Witnesses today, Islam will die a natural DEATH, because even your own sons and daughters will stand up against you to tell you to your very face that THERE IS NO GOD IN YOUR MIDST!

As you people just continued killing one another after reading the book you claim is from your so called worthless God! cheesy
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by Rootprof(m): 5:41am On Dec 29, 2019
Is that all Okay thank you.
Bible was written many years ago by men as the op claimed but it talks of future and some of this things as come to pass. Maybe it's time another men writes new book that will talk about future just like we have in the present Bible and Quran. Till then ...
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by madone: 5:48am On Dec 29, 2019

Atleast not like u who dont know history

Even till date god inspire humans to write
But your inspiration is weedy
did I hear u say history grin see leave jor
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by Daejoyoung: 8:18am On Dec 29, 2019
AntiChristian:

No this is where you are wrong, the wordings and meaning are not from God, rather the message it tries to convey was put down because of God's inspiration, however that message and how it was conveyed was totally up to the person writing it. lt wasn't dictated to them by God.

2 Likes

Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by AntiChristian: 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
Daejoyoung:

No this is where you are wrong, the wordings and meaning are not from God, rather the message it tries to convey was put down because of God's inspiration, however that message and how it was conveyed was totally up to the person writing it. lt wasn't dictated to them by God.

OK tell me how come there is a contradiction

Genesis 32:30
30 So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared."

Exodus 24:9,10
9 Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up
10 and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of sapphire, clear as the sky itself.

These verses contradict with...

Exodus 33:20
But," He said, " you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

1 John 4:12
No one has ever seen God ; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Does God make inspiration with contradiction or men?

1 Like

Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by AntiChristian: 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
Maximus69:

Story! Story!! Story!!!

It's the misinformed churchgoers around you that has given you the impetus to spew nonsense and ingredients on social media. If all those claiming Christians are Jehovah's Witnesses today, Islam will die a natural DEATH, because even your own sons and daughters will stand up against you to tell you to your very face that THERE IS NO GOD IN YOUR MIDST!

As you people just continued killing one another after reading the book you claim is from your so called worthless God! cheesy

No need to abuse and it's not the time for you to open your teeth! Kindly explain this contradiction assuming God = Jehovah. Can humans see God and live?

Bible says:
30 So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared."

10 and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of sapphire, clear as the sky itself.

These verses contradict with..

No one has ever seen God ; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by AntiChristian: 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2019
Maximus69:

God wrote, God inspired, God this, God that.All these are just THEORIES my friend.

What really matters is how PRACTICAL are the WORDS of the so called God? and what is the BENEFIT of his WORDS?

Jehovah's Witnesses have successfully gathered over 8,500,000 people (still increasing) on planet earth to form one big happy family of peace loving worshippers by READING, STUDYING, MEDITATING and PRAYING on what they found in the pages of the BIBLE!

So show, present, tell, introduce to us a better book you know that's from God and the benefits of what is found in such a book by considering the fine WORKS of the adherents (worshipers) of the God you know. PERIOD! cheesy

Nothing concerns me with your 8.5 million JW members. Please just keep mute if you can't address the matter of discuss instead of boasting of your congregation.

You're not even a Christian in the eyes of billions of Christians. Keep mute.
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by Daejoyoung: 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2019
AntiChristian:

OK tell me how come there is a contradiction

Does God make inspiration with contradiction or men?
l never said the bible was dictated by God, l said inspired men wrote it. ln my understanding of inspiration, l am inspired by nature to write beautiful poems.
I believe there are different representations of God in the old testament, because in the old testament there is a special angel of the lord who is called the lord.
However in the new testament, we read that no one has seen God at anytime, so it would mean what people saw in the old testament was probably a mighty Angel who was probably a ruler in our particular planet. Also this being appeared to Abraham with two Angel's, and he was the one who destroyed sodom and gomorrah. lf you read that story, you would see that the being was not all knowing because he went to confirm for himself about what he heard concerning sodom and gomorrah.
Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by AntiChristian: 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2019
Daejoyoung:

l never said the bible was dictated by God, l said inspired men wrote it. ln my understanding of inspiration, l am inspired by nature to write beautiful poems.
I believe there are different representations of God in the old testament, because in the old testament there is a special angel of the lord who is called the lord.
However in the new testament we read that no one has seen God at anytime, so it would mean what people saw was an Angel who was probably a ruler in our particular planet.

You see in your Bible you should know there is a difference between LORD, Lord and lord.

But God was used in the verses below so please explain the contradiction as it does not mean angel cos Angels are not God:

But," he said, " you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by Daejoyoung: 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2019
AntiChristian:

You see in your Bible you should know there is a difference between LORD, Lord and lord.

But God was used in the verses below so please explain the contradiction as it does not mean angel cos Angels are not God:

But," he said, " you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

Who appeared to Abraham? That being is called the Lord himself, and he was not all knowing.

Genesis 18v1, 20-22

Then the Lord appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day.

And the Lord said, “Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave, 21 I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know.”

Then the men turned away from there and went toward Sodom, but Abraham still stood before the Lord.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by AntiChristian: 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2019
Daejoyoung:

Who appeared to Abraham? That being is called the Lord himself, and he was not all knowing.

Genesis 18v1, 20-22

Then the Lord appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day.

And the Lord said, “Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave, 21 I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know.”

Then the men turned away from there and went toward Sodom, but Abraham still stood before the Lord.

So this Lord is who?

You still haven't explained who Jacob and Moses saw face to face!

1 Like

Re: A Simple Evidence That The Bible Is Not From God But From Men by Daejoyoung: 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
AntiChristian:

So this Lord is who?

You still haven't explained who Jacob and Moses saw face to face!

Most likely thesame one who appeared to Abraham.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Is More Religious: Christians Or Muslims? / Nigeria White Garment Churches And Other Taking Over Houston, USA (picture) / Why Did Jesus Curse The Fig Tree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.