Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help (3017 Views)

Help!!! I Feel Depressed And Insecure Because I Have A Small D*ck. / My Girlfriend Mum Is Currently Looking For Me With Police, I'm On The Run! Help / My Mum Is Against My Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Godyblend(m): 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
Gud day everyone .sorry for posting this on romance. Am a young man of 22yrs. I completed my ND Early last year around july 2019 i was lucky to be enrolled for a skill aquisation program sponsor by our local governmemt. But my mom is not happy because am learning a skill that need man no man to get job.PIPE FITTINGS. Instead i go and work and learn a skill that i Can get a job without connection. But i still went ahead because of this any little thing i do she will be angry and compare with other guys around my age saying the make more money than me and she even compare me with the young upcoming on our street who do street shows saying they are financially independent than me. Because i sometimes ask her for money. Pls i need help on how to make money online as side hustle have heard of fiver and freelance but i dont know how money is made there. And i need ideas on how to reason with my mum. am the only son out of six children although am the fourth.she pressures me alot to make money and marry fast as the only son.
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 14, 2020
grin tell her to buy you a gun.

This doesn’t make sense

15 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Ladylite: 1:06pm On Jan 14, 2020
Godyblend:
Gud day everyone .sorry for posting this on romance. Am a young man of 22yrs. I completed my ND Early last year around july 2019 i was lucky to be enrolled for a skill aquisation program sponsor by our local governmemt. But my mom is not happy because am learning a skill that need man no man to get job.PIPE FITTINGS. Instead i go and work and learn a skill that i Can get a job without connection. But i still went ahead because of this any little thing i do she will be angry and compare with other guys around my age saying the make more money than me and she even compare me with the young upcoming on our street who do street shows saying they are financially independent than me. Because i sometimes ask her for money. Pls i need help on how to make money online as side hustle have heard of fiver and freelance but i dont know how money is made there. And i need ideas on how to reason with my mum. am the only son out of six children although am the fourth.she pressures me alot to make money and marry fast as the only son.

Tell her EFCC dey arrest yahoo mothers these days.

This is sad. What state in Nigeria do you reside pls

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 14, 2020
Godyblend:
such is life we all have been through such things in life mama will always be mama she wants you to grow don't put it to hear just pray work and believe

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Lonestar124: 1:22pm On Jan 14, 2020
At 22years you're still living with your parent...make a strong move this year to avoid more of her insults.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by seanwilliam(m): 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
If she pesters u too much, do what she wants and you two should bear the consequence
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 14, 2020
Lonestar124:
At 22years you're still living with your parent...make a strong move this year to avoid more of her insults.
what happened if he is living with his mother at age 22. at that his age, I don't think it is bad, there are many things to learn from his parents

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by eboigbedavid1(m): 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2020
You made a very good choice bro.. I work with fitters, and they are paid well. Just be patient and things will fall in place
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by farady(m): 2:45pm On Jan 14, 2020
Follow your passion, learn the skill with 100% commitment, work smart, be focused and be very patient. Above all, commit your plans to God in prayer.

6 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Reichel99(f): 5:28pm On Jan 14, 2020
She is right you need education. Maybe she is angry because of your poor grammar.
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Designerdollars: 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2020
nah wah oo
The pressure on guys just too much sad
See person mama oo undecided
Does she want you to carry gun ni?

5 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by OlawaleBammie: 6:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
Reichel99:
She is right you need education. Maybe she is angry because of your poor grammar.

And if we do a thorough vetting of ur diction we will still realise that u re not as good as a grammarian.

U don't need this ma.

7 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by OlawaleBammie: 7:04pm On Jan 14, 2020
Designerdollars:
nah wah oo
The pressure on guys just too much sad
See person mama oo undecided
Does she want you to carry gun ni?

If not for the fact that my parent are caring, I would have joined those gangs who sue parent for one thing or the other.

I don't really like it, why give birth to children you won't b able to cater for, instead of the to birth only two kids at most as this would b proportional to the financial strength..iro oooo, dem no go gree, dem go born 8pikin finish den wen the first born is about 20sometin years they will b pushing their supposed responsibilities on them, that is wen the will b saying do fast and take care of ur siblings like na me say make dem dey fvck around without protection or investment, instead they turns childbearing to investment

radarada oshi

6 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by creolehunt: 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2020
Lonestar124:

Where is he supposed to live? Pray tell.
On the internet, everyone is self sufficient and independent.

7 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by MariaAngeles: 7:20pm On Jan 14, 2020
Lonestar124:
There's nothing wrong with that if he hasn't found his feet yet.
Don't be judgemental.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Lamanii22(f): 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
Lonestar124:

There's nothing wrong with living with your parents at the age of 22... Plus it would save you the stress of house rent....

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Onyi22(f): 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2020
Apart from the society pressure, family pressure is the worse thing that a person can face

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Azeh(m): 8:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
stupidity:
grin tell her to buy you a gun.

This doesn’t make sense
guy.....u gat a Savage response

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by COOL10(m): 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

If not for the fact that my parent are caring, I would have joined those gangs who sue parent for one thing or the other.

I don't really like it, why give birth to children you won't b able to cater for, instead of the to birth only two kids at most as this would b proportional to the financial strength..iro oooo, dem no go gree, dem go born 8pikin finish den wen the first born is about 20sometin years they will b pushing their supposed responsibilities on them, that is wen the will b saying do fast and take care of ur siblings like na me say make dem dey fvck around without protection or investment, instead they turns childbearing to investment

radarada oshi

Believe me,I feel your pain.
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Lonestar124: 9:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
Lamanii22:

There's nothing wrong with living with your parents at the age of 22... Plus it would save you the stress of house rent....
Then he should be prepare to recieved insult from his parent, mostly from average family.
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Lonestar124: 9:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
MariaAngeles:

There's nothing wrong with that if he hasn't found his feet yet.
Don't be judgemental.
If you read my comment cleary you won't find me being judgemental, am just giving him a sincere advice to leave his parent home in this year inorder to overcome her mother insult, am not forcing him.

Atleast he have many cousin and friends he can squat with them till he find his feet as you said.......only for his peace of mind, he should act as man now to contaradict his mother narration about him.
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by MedicH: 9:53pm On Jan 14, 2020
Reichel99:

You're very....
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Lightangel65: 9:53pm On Jan 14, 2020
Godyblend:

All these mother's eh, later don't blame guys that use them for rituals, spit, women always same
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Lonestar124: 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2020
creolehunt:

Where is he supposed to live? Pray tell.
On the internet, everyone is self sufficient and independent.
Indirectly refering to me in your last paragraph

He should go and squat with his friends, many news we have gotten in time past on how people commit sucide when they can't endure family pressure.

I don't want that to happen to OP, We are talking about someone mental well-being he should take a bold step this new year.
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by IGOJ(m): 10:19pm On Jan 14, 2020
Lonestar124:

Your first sentence made it look like a bad thing for him to still live with his parents.

I see the area you are coming from though, people might not understand but you have a point.
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Lonestar124: 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2020
Oma307:

what happened if he is living with his mother at age 22. at that his age, I don't think it is bad, there are many things to learn from his parents
What is that things he should've learn from his parent he has'nt done for two decade of his life with them......As a man the moment you rearch 20years you should set up yourself a personal accomodation if not possible squat with a friend.

A man that is not constructively stuborn will find it difficult to make it in his early age.

Stop supporting timidelty friend.
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by KingAzubuike(f): 10:33pm On Jan 14, 2020
Lonestar124:
What is that things he should've learn from his parent he has'nt done for two decade of his life with them......As a man the moment you rearch 20years you should set up yourself a personal accomodation if not possible squat with a friend.

A man that is not constructively stuborn will find it difficult to make it in his early age.

Stop supporting timidelty friend.
You just said nonsense. 20 years and set up yourself when you're not financially decent yet? You need a brain transplant to be honest.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by MizCharlotte(f): 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2020
Godyblend:
Mothers can be very pathetic. When I was really struggling after I graduated from uni , mine was far worse than this. There was nobody she didn't compare me to . Even Yahoo boys she compared me to them. She never motivated or advised me. All she does was compare and complain. My father, that one na mental case, there's nothing you will do for him that will make him happy , always complaining like a woman up and down . If you try your best to do something for him, he'll still look for one error in it to complain about. complaining here and ther. They made things hell for me . One day I just moved out of their house without informing them and went to go and hustle my own life.

I thank God for my life now tho . Things are getting better now.
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Lonestar124: 10:45pm On Jan 14, 2020
KingAzubuike:

You just said nonsense. 20 years and set up yourself when you're not financially decent yet? You need a brain transplant to be honest.
What of living with a friend till he find his feet?

I'm not perfect but they are some barriers we can only break with braveness.

They are many mummy boys out there that need to wake up from thier dullness,i detest that attitude.
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by KingAzubuike(f): 10:52pm On Jan 14, 2020
Lonestar124:
What of living with a friend till he find his feet?

I'm not perfect but they are some barriers we can only break with braveness.

They are many mummy boys out there that need to wake up from thier dullness,i detest that attitude.
I don't think you've seen life at all. If you had, you wouldn't be saying this.

No matter how close you are to a friend you're squatting with, he will eventually get tired of you one day and start giving you signs that you've overstayed your welcome. I've been there before, with time, he'll start giving you attitude. That's why I don't advice sqautting at all because what I faced when I was in the university and during my nysc was horrible. And I don't see any reason why a 20 yr old can't stay with his parents. Some stay till they're 30 self. Some even put their wife and kid in their parents house. It's just a matter of when you get established and feel you can now be independent. Someone that's just managing how do you expect him to cope with house rents? And just zero squatting off your mind it's not advisable , na you go regret am later later. I lived with my own parents till I was 27 , made some money and went to seek greener pastures.
Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 14, 2020
Sometimes I get tired
Of putting o a facade
I want to peel off the mask,
And show who I really am.
But then, I remember
You don't like the real me
Blunt me, hurting me
Vulnerable me,
The me that is not picture - perfect.
So I keep my mask on,
You'll love me yet today,
While the real me fades away.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Making Me Feel Depressed Help by Timekeeper: 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
Reichel99:

U just joined nairaland and u av started abusing people Abi... If them start to dey bash you, I promise u dt u will deactivate your acct.. Kwantinue, I'm watching you

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Officer Caught Having Sex With Messenger Girl (watch Video Here) / She Has A Relationship With A Snake / Should Sex Drive Also Be A Major Factor When Considering Compatibility/Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.