Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday (10547 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala / Is Pastor TB Joshua A Member Of Illuminati?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by simplymee: 10:10am On Dec 08, 2010
PASTOR , you are too much for words. Thank you for teaching me to believe the word. I have put it to work and its come through for me. SIMPLY PUT: YOU ARE A BRIGHT LIGHT THAT SHINES EVER BRIGHT FROM DAY TO DAY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR.

@Kunle: Thanks for the opportunity, what the enemy meant for evil, God has turned around for our good.
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by KunleOshob(m): 10:25am On Dec 08, 2010
^^^
What's so good about the filthy congratulatory messages you guys are posting that Oyaks who doesn't even know or care you exist would never read. All he cares about is how your money gets into his pocket. How much did you drop for offer7? I am sure you are dead broke now and christmas looks bleak. and it only gets worse as come january oyaks is taking all his muguns to the cleaners again via first fruits.
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by mabell: 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2010
@Kunleoshob,
You have being really misinformed,
Are you aware that the president of Ghana got healed at the Healing School in South Africa.
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by KunleOshob(m): 2:39pm On Dec 08, 2010
^^^
In your dreams, when did Attah Mills become so Jobless to go and attend a two week charade?
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by Joagbaje(m): 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2010
@mabell
mabell:

@Kunleoshob,
You have being really misinformed,
Are you aware that the president of Ghana got healed at the Healing School in South Africa.

I heard the testimony myself at ippc. From the delegates from Ghana .  And the president has also declare  pastor chris's book " RECREATING YOUR WORLD" as a textbook for every secondary school student. to be in every secondary school.
I didn't hear the first hand report during ippc because I was involved with technicals. But I got it firsthand hearing from the vice president of ghana himself in his congratulatory message to pastor chris for his birthday.
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by mabell: 3:44pm On Dec 08, 2010
@joagbaje

yes i forgot to include it in the thread on 'my ippc experience', it was 3 of pastor chris' books that were officially declared as texbooks in Ghana schools including their university.
i want to get some more information on it so i can create a thread on it
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by petres007(m): 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2010
Validation from a politician. . . how nice grin
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by KunleOshob(m): 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2010
^^^
@petres
Don't mind them false testimonies abound in CE, let's see if the claims can be independently verified and confirmed.
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by MyJoe: 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2010
But what's "offer7"?
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by petres007(m): 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2010
KunleOshob:

^^^
@petres
Don't mind them false testimonies abound in CE, let's see if the claims can be independently verified and confirmed.

That's always the problem - objective verification of the claims to supernatural occurences is lacking. And they get offended and defensive when you demand this.  sad

Anyways, I won't be surprised if these 'miracles' were really happening there. I know from scriptures that miracle working doesn't validate anyone claiming to be Christ's minister. God's word rightly taught and handled does. And that's one thing these fellows so, so glaringly lack. Miracle or no miracle.
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by ogajim(m): 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2010
I thought I read somewhere that same Attah Mills was Pastored and mentored by the other dude TB Joshua.

I hope this guy is not "fornicating" by going to different churches and pastors and declaring them to be his whatever. Maybe he needs a real medical checkup to see how he is upstairs.

Marriage between the politicians and the pastors cry
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by petres007(m): 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2010
MyJoe:

But what's "offer7"?  

That's the brand name for the yearly Dec 7 event marking Pastor Chris[b]t[/b]'s birthday. Its an opportunity to outgive/outdo other cec plc members (as an individual) and other satellite churches and groups (if you're a church or group).

Funny, but I remember now that this Dec 7 thingy was one of the straws that broke the camel's back for me back then. The satellite church I attended was a super broke one (till today  grin) despite all of our then pastor's efforts to get us to walk in this ever so elusive supernatural abundance. We just kept getting broker and broker  grin

I remember he stood up [in really great faith, I suppose] in church one year like that about a month to Oyaks' birthday and announced that all other churches had started mobilising their members to give big to the man of god and that he wanted us, as a church, to give something really big that'll surprise the other churches in the group. He then announced that he'd decided we contribute to the sum of N500,000 to give as a birthday gift to Oyaks.

Jokes aside, my jaw hit the floor.  tongue

I then looked around to see my fellow cec members who obviously were a struggling group, most of whom I could swear were probably having problems feeding properly, paying children's school fees etc. Couldn't stop wondering where even N50,000 could come from. Let alone N500,000!

Needless to say, we never got anywhere close to the sum.
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by MyJoe: 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2010
petres_007:

The satellite church I attended was a super broke one (till today  grin) despite all of our then pastor's efforts to get us to walk in this ever so elusive supernatural abundance. We just kept getting broker and broker  grin
grin

petres_007:

I remember he stood up [in really great faith, I suppose] in church one year like that about a month to Oyaks' birthday and announced that all other churches had started mobilising their members to give big to the man of god and that he wanted us, as a church, to give something really big that'll surprise the other churches in the group. He then announced that he'd decided we contribute to the sum of N500,000 to give as a birthday gift to Oyaks.

I then looked around to see my fellow cec members who obviously were a struggling group, most of whom I could swear were probably having problems feeding properly, paying children's school fees etc. Couldn't stop wondering where even N50,000 could come from. Let alone N500,000!

This is sad! sad
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by ono(m): 7:27pm On Dec 08, 2010
petres_007:

That's the brand name for the yearly Dec 7 event marking Pastor Chris[b]t[/b]'s birthday. Its an opportunity to outgive/outdo other cec plc members (as an individual) and other satellite churches and groups (if you're a church or group).

Funny, but I remember now that this Dec 7 thingy was one of the straws that broke the camel's back for me back then. The satellite church I attended was a super broke one (till today  grin) despite all of our then pastor's efforts to get us to walk in this ever so elusive supernatural abundance. We just kept getting broker and broker  grin

LOL, Z
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by petres007(m): 7:32pm On Dec 08, 2010
MyJoe:

grin
This is sad!  sad

And we got a befitting tongue lashing sermon session for "falling his hand" afterwards.  grin

He then gave us "the opportunity" to do the right thing the following year at about the same time when Dec 7 was around the corner. He demanded the exact same amount. And got the exact same response.  grin grin grin

I left soon afterwards and wasn't around long enough to witness the next Dec 7 wahala  smiley
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by JeSoul(f): 7:37pm On Dec 08, 2010
petres_007:

Funny, but I remember now that this Dec 7 thingy was one of the straws that broke the camel's back for me back then. The satellite church I attended was a super broke one (till today  grin) despite all of our then pastor's efforts to get us to walk in this ever so elusive supernatural abundance. We just kept getting broker and broker  grin

Jokes aside, my jaw hit the floor.  tongue

I am very interested in what CEC members, especially Joagbaje have to say about Petres account here. Thanks in advance.

These kinds of manipulative tactics aimed at getting people to "give" . . . I was at a service once, the pastor asked for offering, for people to bring it one by one to the stage, he had the audacity and shamelessness to demand he did not want any offering less than $100. I almost went up there with $1, just to see what he would do/say.
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 08, 2010
^how body? Hope u ve recovered. I know how painful it is, but remembering Psalm 90, this could really help in matters like this

manipulating 'tactics' is very common in most religious gathering today and such will still continue till his kingdom comes.

Me personally love successful MOG and chris oyak(pastor) is included in my  list
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by JeSoul(f): 8:06pm On Dec 08, 2010
Recovered? hmm. I suspect NL will be a very sad place for me for sometime. Thanks for your cheer though brother, I saw ur very sweet comments on the "POY" thread and they really put a smile on my face, thank you kiss

As for your love for mogs . . . care to explain why?
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by petres007(m): 8:16pm On Dec 08, 2010
JeSoul:

These kinds of manipulative tactics aimed at getting people to "give" . . .  I was at a service once, the pastor asked for offering, for people to bring it one by one to the stage, he had the audacity and shamelessness to demand he did not want any offering less than $100.

Hmm.  .  .

I had PLENTY of similar experiences with cec pastors especially this one I talked about. I remember he told us one time that henceforth he no longer wanted anyone dropping N5, N10 or even N20 notes in the offering bags for him, except for little children. smiley

I'll just briefly mention one of such events I remember, maybe because this one brought tears to my eyes and I went weeping and praying about it all the way home after service that day.

Now I don't remember what it was we were contributing money for this time (there was always something extra to contribute money towards, apart from the regular offerings/tithes and various partnership 'seeds'). But I do remember the pastor had instructed the moneys (na for him mouth I take know say 'money' get plural form  grin) be contributed cell by cell an brought to him by each cell's leader.

Sometime after that on a Sunday service he got up on the altar and after the usual tongue lashing sermon session for those of us who'd been proving stubborn and gave more excuses than we did money, he ordered all the cell leaders to come forward with the sum they'd realised and would be giving towards.  .  . now I don't remember what it was  smiley .  .  .

The cell leaders came forward with a piece of paper (with the amount written on it) one by one and I don't remember him smiling or looking satisfied with amounts each of the cell leaders showed him. He kept hissing and spewing all manner of crap at them. Then he called a particular brother who was also a cell leader.

This brother was married with one child at the time. He wasn't one of the very few "Haves" in church and was actually always looking poorly dressed, which I think reflected his financial state at the time. I'd noticed he kept running around church (quite a rowdy scene) trying to get his cell members to 'commit' and from the look on his face and his reluctance to go to the waiting pastor on the platform, I believe he didn't get a lot of positive responses. Finally, the pastor noticed he was left and ordered him to the platform. He quickly scribbled something on the piece of paper he had with him, walked over to the platform and handed it to the pastor.

The pastor took one look at the amount on the piece of paper, shrieked, and THREW IT right AT HIM in full view of the entire church! The amount the brother pledged had been too embarrassing. And of course.  .  . the brother enjoyed an exclusive insult session while he bent to pick the piece of paper, ran back to his seat and wrote another amount which turned out to be more acceptable for the pastor.

My eyes filled up with tears. I left that service wondering what had happened to Christian/brotherly love or what new revelation he (the pastor) must have been walking in to justify such an unchristian attitude. Obviously something greater than what scripture says:

Each one must do as he has made up his mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

2 Corinthians 9:7 (RSV)
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2010
Yea successful Mog will motivate their followers based on their own successes to aim for the best, strive for excellence and become tops in all their endeavours. Is it possible to teach/preach what u don't have? When u don't worth being celebrated, can u make celebrities?

As regards POY thread, all i said was the fact & if were to be otherwise, would have said so. lots of pple agreed with me, save for the only mumudly we have on NL that thought otherwise.
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by Zikkyy(m): 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2010
petres_007:

Funny, but I remember now that this Dec 7 thingy was one of the straws that broke the camel's back for me back then. The satellite church I attended was a super broke one (till today  grin) despite all of our then pastor's efforts to get us to walk in this ever so elusive supernatural abundance. We just kept getting broker and broker  grin

grin  grin  grin You guys lacked the required level of faith to will the money into existence, thats all.
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by newmi(m): 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2010
KunleOshob:

^^^
What's so good about the filthy congratulatory messages you guys are posting that Oyaks who doesn't even know or care you exist would never read. All he cares about is how your money gets into his pocket. How much did you drop for offer7? I am sure you are dead broke now and christmas looks bleak. and it only gets worse as come january oyaks is taking all his muguns to the cleaners again via first fruits.

You know l sympathize with you deeply, this thread didn't turn out as had intended.
Sorry, this man is an unstoppable force that’s so focused such that distractions like you are not given even the least considerations grin grin grin
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by petres007(m): 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2010
Zikkyy:

grin  grin  grin You guys lacked the required level of faith to will the money into existence, thats all.

tehehehehe grin
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by nuclearboy(m): 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2010
I hope the man had a happy birthday. I cannot deny him that.

My prayer for him is that God has towards him the measure of love that he in his turn, has to the average person in his congregation and that God manifest that love openly in the presence of all mankind to God's Glory.

Meanwhile petres, you don wound me with laughter here!
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by KunleOshob(m): 9:26pm On Dec 08, 2010
@petres007
Thanx for the expose on the offer7 racket. I would appreciate more jist from others who have been swindled by this fraud.

@joagbaje
I would have thought by now you would have given us testimonies on your "glorious" offer7 racket in your parish, how much were you able to raise for the son of satan?
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by vescucci(m): 3:18am On Dec 09, 2010
One of my teenage brothers almost went bonkers cuz one Tinashe something (who turned out to be very pretty) followed him on twitter. By the time I was through with him, only MJ will be able to make him go crazy about such a silly thing.

E be like say some people will mortgage their houses to perm this dude Chris' hair or get him a silver bow tie. Or very soon Christmas will be spelt Chrismas without the t. Atta boy, Yak! I hope the other one, Tuberculosis Joshua beats you to it though.
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by nuella2(f): 11:08am On Dec 09, 2010
OK let me enlighten you on offer7. In christ embassy we celebrate our pastors, leaders and members on their birthdays. Mostly its a surprise, so we call it a name which they dont understand what we are saying. Pastor chris birthday is called 'offer7', we have some other names like, E 21, Vision 17 etc. For your information its not only pastor chris's birthday we celebrate, my birthday was celebrated when i was i cell member, i wonder the name they called it, maybe N3. We appreciate and celebrate each other from pastor to members.

We give towards the celebration of our pastors birthday willingly and not by force, i can count how many times have given for pastors bithday, cos i didnt know the importance until recent, all those times nobody forced me to give. As a cell member several gifts were given tp me, when i got home my uncle asked jokingly if i got married that day.

Offer7 is not a scam, just a name we use in calling his birthday. There are other names around the ministry(E21, vision17, Vision 10, etc.)there names even for members.
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by Bastage: 11:17am On Dec 09, 2010
Yahoo Yahoo in the name of God.
Happy Birthday scumbag.

A number of controversies have arisen with the pastor and his ministry. He has a very good following all over Africa and the world over and such controversies are normally quickly downplayed.

* He has been accused of staging healing sessions[1]. These sessions are normally attended by thousands who give money to ministry hoping to be healed by the pastor. He has been accused of planting people in the crowd that he eventually "heals".
* The pastor has been accused of offering congregants who attend his school of healing money to act as if they are sicker than they are (e.g. Wheelchair bound) and then heals them at his "Night of Bliss" events [2]
* The ministry has been accused of coercing its members to make large donations to the church even though they may be poor. Church members are regularly donating large sums of cash and material possessions to the church as they are told they will be rewarded by God. This has led to a number of members losing all of their possessions as they default on other payments in order to finance the lifestyle of the churches leaders. [3]
* Healing HIV: Treatment Action Campaign has come out against the Pastor and Christ Embassy on claims to heal life threatening diseases such as HIV
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by uche13: 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2010
“how much were you able to raise for the son of Satan
Your choice of words is rather distasteful, I can see we have many people who take it upon themselves to advocate for God. The question I will like to ask is that what if you are actually wrong, what if all the things you have heard about Pastor Chris are mere fallacies? What if you do not just understand some of his doctrines which are not particularly wrong? You say the same about Bishop Oyedepo and other men of God but I make bold to say to you that even if these men are scammers and all the words you have attributed to them, you are actually not an example of the believer as the bible enjoined us to be in 1st Tim4:12. You spew out raw hatred out of your mouth and you sound really self righteous. If you think people are deluded and carried away by the false doctrines taught in churches then simply PRAY that the eyes of their understanding will be enlightened. You sound like this is a personal war you have to win. Remember, you may win an argument but it does not mean you have won that persons soul to God so brother, change your strategy. Only God knows those who are His.
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by mabell: 3:28pm On Dec 09, 2010
@Kunleoshob
your use of words are not misleading at all,
they only tell the more of who you are and your mindset.
You are fighting an already won battle
Grow up mister!

We celebrate you Pastor Chris

Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by KunleOshob(m): 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2010
@Uche
Where were you when pastor chris dog's were labelling me an agent of the devil? Now I describe him by his father's name and you are now ranting. The bible has already warned us that the devil and his agents would appear to us as angels of light.
Re: Today [december7] Is Pastor Chris Birthday by KunleOshob(m): 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2010
@mabell
You haven't told us about your offer7 experience or are you to embarassed to be associated with the scam?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Question For Atheists And Religious People / When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire / I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.