Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:12 AM

Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity (62500 Views)

Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" / Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami / Ibrahim Babangida Says Amotekun Not Viable, Advises South-west Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by jikjimmy: 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2020
I am highly disappointed in Tinubu,if after all the time it took him to analyze the Amotekun issue and the standpoint of the Federal Government on it, this is all he could come out with, then he had better kept quiet and not say anything at all.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by immaculatesense(m): 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2020
Ladycewhy:
lol. This sorcery i will gladly make, i read and read ,the jagaban just dey confused e self not me. Lai lai.

The miyeti allah illiterate cow fvcker was direct to the point,only for jagaban to be running round in circles like the typical yoruba fight where they bounce around and end up not throwing a single punch grin.
Bro that is d intention...to confuse u...but we Yoruba understands...he speaks in our literary language...wow...am so so proud am a Yoruba man...

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 22, 2020
Ladycewhy:
i am not wishing him bad na
you want the man to blow his 2023 chances
. what could be worst than that? this is a bigger sorcery than yesterdaygrin
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Depressed101: 1:13pm On Jan 22, 2020
Osagyefo98:
My submission is not against what Tinubu stands to gain or his stand on Amotekun but clearly a trajectory one.

In Nigeria context and In Nigeria agenda everybody needs to be cautious in dealing exclusively with one another and in dire cases the highest you can do is to support what is constitutionally right and that places you on neutral ground.

Very shameful Igbos has carried the pro-amotekun on head as if the issue will directly take off or even think of breeding off. In their zone which we all know is dead on arrival.

You keep telling anyone who cares to listen that fulani is the enemy and all sort of bla bla bla and that you are not the enemy and we must deal with the enemy and all sorts of gibberish even when the matter of discourse has nothing to do with you.

A right thinking human being will hold the rest of mankind same way he holds himself. Been selective on issues is clearly a bad idea, very myopic and only shows a bitter mind.

It either you remain neutral or you support what is right in the law as your constitution allows it so far you in such diversity of a country or you propose for the right law be made to accommodate all sectors.

But moving about cyberspace shouting fulani is the enemy, we must ally to deal with them. They are holding us down.

Then in one sentence who is then your friend?

View everybody equally and stop behaving like old women.
the same constitution which has failed to protect the people ... its like you dont understand whats happening.. the government has proved to us countless of times that the law is useless and is not meant for ordinary nigerians. Is it the same law that the government has continually raped and pillaged that you are asking the people to obey..incase you dont know whats happening ,the people have risen to protect their families by themselves and i agree with my igbo brothers for their support

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by immaculatesense(m): 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2020
Ladycewhy:
lol. This sorcery i will gladly make, i read and read ,the jagaban just dey confused e self not me. Lai lai.

The miyeti allah illiterate cow fvcker was direct to the point,only for jagaban to be running round in circles like the typical yoruba fight where they bounce around and end up not throwing a single punch grin.
Ohhh...like Antony Joshua right?who is a Yoruba man...or which tribe is he self...okay...someone told me somewhere in Biafra land grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Ladycewhy(f): 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2020
Lostz:
so you agree sorcery is not all that bad? grin

the man is just afraid. he doesn't want to hurt his 2023 chances. he is a selfish man who will sacrifice anything for his ambition
i am not wishing him bad na, i only called him out . Anyway his ambition or not ,its disgusting when cowards hide under diplomacy.

By the way una get light?
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by sweetgala(m): 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2020
Osagyefo98:
My submission is not against what Tinubu stands to gain or his stand on Amotekun but clearly a trajectory one.

In Nigeria context and In Nigeria agenda everybody needs to be cautious in dealing exclusively with one another and in dire cases the highest you can do is to support what is constitutionally right and that places you on neutral ground.

Very shameful Igbos has carried the pro-amotekun on head as if the issue will directly take off or even think of breeding off. In their zone which we all know is dead on arrival.

You keep telling anyone who cares to listen that fulani is the enemy and all sort of bla bla bla and that you are not the enemy and we must deal with the enemy and all sorts of gibberish even when the matter of discourse has nothing to do with you.

A right thinking human being will hold the rest of mankind same way he holds himself. Been selective on issues is clearly a bad idea, very myopic and only shows a bitter mind.

It either you remain neutral or you support what is right in the law as your constitution allows it so far you in such diversity of a country or you propose for the right law be made to accommodate all sectors.

But moving about cyberspace shouting fulani is the enemy, we must ally to deal with them. They are holding us down.

The elders have betrayed our trust

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by TemmyT002(m): 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2020
This man is freaking smart and wise.
See how he used diplomatic and political words.
Chai

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by immaculatesense(m): 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2020
Sweeetheart:
Tinubu said nothing
To u

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by sweetgala(m): 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
It is Better to stick with your People, Especially when they are on a Good course that would benefit Majority of the people..

A Times comes when political gains and all that takes the back seat..

Leaders who are Ready to tow the line Queen Esther in the Holy Bible, Who put out her life for her People.. " If I Perish , I Perish!

Good one from Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.. but I'll Advice Him to be Firm with His People on This..

My position on Amotekun was stated the day it was launched and I touched on some aspects on Twitter which later became the foundation of the AGFs disagreements.

Constitutionality
In Nigeria our constitution recognises three arms of government Executive judicial and legislative in all three tranches Local state and federal levels.

In the several years of democracy many Nigerians have done themselves a great disservice by looking at the actions of the federal government and ignoring the excesses of the local and state governors . In most states the judiciary is bound to the desires of the governors they appoint the judges based on political ambitions and the legislatives are lackeys of the governors acceding to whatever they request without scrutiny.
This simple reason is why the welfare of the Nigerian has not improved yet there is wealth in the nation

Back to the Constitution, we all scream to the high heavens about executive overreach of the presidency but all have ignored the extreme executive rascality that has become the hallmark of governors in Nigeria six governors constituted a security outfit launched it with great pump and fiesta but none sort legislative approval none brought it forward to the state security council.
News flash for the SW governors DAWN is not a vehicle recognized by the Constitution that you've all agreed to a partnership and have a roadmap to this effect doesn't place it within Constitutional grace.

Amotekun and DAWN be are noble ideas the governors know what to do to scale the Constitutional hurdle set by Malami.

Technicality
The governors claim the technical framework of amotekun has been designed by DAWN and in place yet several days after the launch the head of OPC which is meant to play a part was stated the organization had not been formally contacted , brings me to ask did the governors launch operation amotekun prematurely. How would the members be identified, what would be the role of the police and NSCDC ? Yes citizens can make arrests but how would the overated olode and vigilante operate within the premise of the judiciary.
The governors claim they'll apply for gun licenses but for those who are not familiar with the firearms law in Nigeria (publicly available on the internet) you can not register a long-rifle with a Calibre greater than .22 and you can not register a handgun or semi automatic rifle of any kind so that limits it to shotguns and Dane guns loaded with shotgun shells.
I personally think that should be enough for community policing, any confrontation between amotekun members and criminals beyond a shotgun should be addressed by police there is no justifiable reason any civilian should ever be licensed to hold a semi automatic rifle in Nigeria.

Elders in the SW have betrayed their status with how they have discussed amotekun and I salute Tinubu for his measured statement, Afenifere and their ilk have shown how redundant they are, imagine elders coming on national TV asking the governors to damn the consequences and ignore the AGF. Let the Miyethi people say what they want of amotekun it's not all barking dogs one throws a stone at.

The governors also failed to direct the rhetoric and the public perception of amotekun from inception. Was is designed to curb insecurity or was it a anti-fulani "herdsmen" operation. Because if it is the later I'm afraid insecurity would rise in SW as it is over 20 people go missing daily and many are not abducted by Fulani kidnapers the likes of 1 million boys , and cultists that operate in ogun through Lagos smashing skulls are not Fulani, the boy and pastor who murdered that young LASU student are not Fulani so any community policing initiative which places it's gaze on one element would surely give all others a golden ticket to commit some of the most gruesome atrocities.

God help us all
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by meccuno: 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

Why is it whenever you have issues with the north, you drag Igbos to it? How much is this tribe giving you a sleepless nights? Take it easy before you die of heart attack bro.
He is already a dead man walking!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by OsmanTolu: 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
[s]
post=86012726:
A great man has spoken.

These are the type of men that should come out to support the realization of Amotekun.

Not some charlatans, troublemakers and fools who don't want to hear , read or see any positive news in any corner of Nigeria.

We stand with the JAGABAN.

Amotekians, be glad and wise.
Amotekalization is here.
Amotekites get ready for the job ahead and take every religion along.
No stigmatization of other tribes in the country.
With all these,
Amoteks is here to stay.

Lol cheesy
You are mouthed ma!
Now, this is funny!
[/s]
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by bluecircle470: 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
donstan18:
As usual, aside FFK and some few, hardly will you see a typical politician from the WEST hitting straight forward .

Just look at how he ended up saying nothing, busy beating around without condemning and supporting what should be condemned and supported.

To the gullible ones thinking Tinubu cares for them, do well to have it in mind that he'll choose the North over you lots just to get presidential ticket.

Hatred will consume you anofia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Amalekki: 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
RexTramadol1:
This man ehn, he's sitting on the fence

The only thing he made as a point is that, both FG and the state governments should find a way to integrate Amotekun so that it can at best look like its constitutional.
Is security not the objective here? Isn't that a good & workable way forward? Isn't that in Nigeria's interest? There is no fence here unless we still enjoy our usual unnecessary dramas that lead nowhere 60 years after independence.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by plankyjacky(m): 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
Afetr taking my precious time to read to long essay by Ttinubu. My conclusion HE SAID NOTHING.
Is it not better to keep the silence

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by puremaker7(m): 1:17pm On Jan 22, 2020
donstan18:
As usual, aside FFK and some few, hardly will you see a typical politician from the WEST hitting straight forward .

Just look at how he ended up saying nothing, busy beating around without condemning and supporting what should be condemned and supported.

To the gullible ones thinking Tinubu cares for them, do well to have it in mind that he'll choose the North over you lots just to get presidential ticket.
if Tinubu does not care about yorubas, then who cares about Ibos, I think you should be more concern about your tribe.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by meccuno: 1:17pm On Jan 22, 2020
[s]
post=86012726:
A great man has spoken.

These are the type of men that should come out to support the realization of Amotekun.

Not some charlatans, troublemakers and fools who don't want to hear , read or see any positive news in any corner of Nigeria.

We stand with the JAGABAN.

Amotekians, be glad and wise.
Amotekalization is here.
Amotekites get ready for the job ahead and take every religion along.
No stigmatization of other tribes in the country.
With all these,
Amoteks is here to stay.

Lol cheesy
You are mouthed ma!
Now, this is funny!
[/s]
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Ladycewhy(f): 1:17pm On Jan 22, 2020
immaculatesense:

Ohhh...like Antony Joshua right?who is a Yoruba man...or which tribe is he self...okay...someone told me somewhere in Biafra land grin shocked
assumptions is for fools. First i am not ibo,that mor0ns like you assume anyone who is not yoruba is ibo is hilarious and stupid . secondly if you were half smart you will know jagaban is neither here nor there from the write up.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 22, 2020
Ladycewhy:
i am not wishing him bad na, i only called him out . Anyway his ambition or not ,its disgusting when cowards hide under diplomacy.

By the way una get light?
watin you dea always use light do? I need light to comment for this one too?

there is always light in my area
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by SmartyPants(m): 1:18pm On Jan 22, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Tinubu is speaking from both sides of his mouth on this.

Summary of what he said:

He is not saying that Amotekun is bad but he is not saying the government is wrong either.

However, both of them cannot be right at the same time because the government's position on Amotekun about the legality of it.

Federal Government had the luxury of consulting with the state governments directly to understand their operations before they chose that position.

What he said was more along the lines of Amotokun and the AGF are both right but Amotekun is righter.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by immaculatesense(m): 1:18pm On Jan 22, 2020
Stevecovey:

Now I see why we and these loudmouth igbos can never be on the same page.

Every Yoruba person that reads this speech knows EXACTLY where Tinubu stands. But these non-yorubas don't. Lmao!

Leave our Tinubu for us na, why crying more than the owner. grin
Abi o...make dem leave us na...na our Amotekun,na our Tinubu...wetin concern dem...or plis...is KANU d subject matter here?...I never c where person headache dey affect him neighborhood sleep for next compound ooo

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 22, 2020
Ladycewhy:
assumptions is for fools. First i am not ibo,that mor0ns like you assume anyone who is not yoruba is ibo is hilarious and stupid . secondly if you were half smart you will know jagaban is neither here nor there from the write up.
you from South South?
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by adelaja70(m): 1:19pm On Jan 22, 2020
gbami:
He said nothing...He is on the fence....As Usually...Yorubas are and will always remain cowards
Your people that are not cowards... We see how dey dance to python music inside potopoto.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Ladycewhy(f): 1:19pm On Jan 22, 2020
Lostz:
watin you dea always use light do? I need light to comment for this one too?

there is always light in my area
lol good you have light cheesy
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by caracas: 1:20pm On Jan 22, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Must u afonja toads bring the great igbos into all of your problems, hian! this is really becoming stale n boring.
Please fight ur battle with your masters n don’t stylishly bring the igbos to help u.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Ladycewhy(f): 1:21pm On Jan 22, 2020
Lostz:
you want the man to blow his 2023 chances
. what could be worst than that? this is a bigger sorcery than yesterdaygrin
lol,their headache. We will see how it pans out for him.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 22, 2020
Ladycewhy:
lol good you have light cheesy
light for my area no dea off unless na fault e get or Dem off transformer for few hours some days make e rest
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by immaculatesense(m): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2020
TemmyT002:
This man is freaking smart and wise.
See how he used diplomatic and political words.
Chai
My brother...dats y everyone respect d man ooo...even Obasanjo no dey like hear him name...Jagaban stants for fear and terror

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Microfels: 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2020
I have to learn this art of saying so much without actually saying anything.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by oshe11: 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2020
donstan18:

Your comment shows You were among the few who read and understood his statement
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2020
Ladycewhy:
lol,their headache. We will see how it pans out for him.
whoever win is no longer my business. if we can ensure 8yrs of buhari, I no fear again.

where are you from?
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Ladycewhy(f): 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2020
immaculatesense:

Bro that is d intention...to confuse u...but we Yoruba understands...he speaks in our literary language...wow...am so so proud am a Yoruba man...
That you even called me Bro is enough from me to ignore you,lol. My moniker even has "lady" attached to it,na long write up you go come fit comprehend? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Watch Remi Tinubu Harass Obanikoro On The Floors Of The Senate Chamber / Northern Muslims Criticise Peter Obi Branded Praying Mats / Lucky Omoluwa Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.