Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" (5907 Views)

Patience Jonathan - I Didnt Undergo Any Surgery / Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone / Buhari To Jonathan: I Have Never Stolen Public Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by HARDDON: 7:25pm On Dec 09, 2010
Bokoharam:

GEJ was only being humble and giving thanks to God. How many of our past leaders have such humility?

MAY D WILL N WISH OF D GOOD LORD ABOVE B DONE!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Gbawe: 7:26pm On Dec 09, 2010
Bokoharam:

GEJ was only being humble and giving thanks to God. How many of our past leaders have such humility?

Shagari and Yar Adua , many will argue, were as "humble" as GEJ . Where did they get Nigeria? Lets stop bastardizing the english language with our attempt to claim that the word cluelessness now equates to the word humility. We did it with Shagari and Yar Adua. Look where we are today !!! Yet , from  how many of you are talking it seems we have learnt nothing from the past. A man admits he is not the best for the job in a nation that has been destroyed by accidental and unprepared leaders yet some of you still regard Jonathan's damning pronouncement as a positive thing? God help Nigeria !!!!!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by comechop1: 7:46pm On Dec 09, 2010
@ appletago u quoted me.

Frankly speaking, i do agree with you after going thro ur post.  However, my perception towards the matter was viewed from a different angle. U should  remember that there are 2 side to a coin , what he meant is deep and expressed in a diplomatic way. He was less experienced in the beginning, he is developing. there are others better than him but they are arrogant, vain.  

Jonathan rose from deputy governor to the chair of a president as am writing indeed, he warmed up already in this field in addition to his academic background all counts! the most important thing as a leader is equal life for all. honesty and sincerity.

Do u remember the late Julius Nyerere of Tanzania one of Africa most respected figure Mwalimu? do u know that he was an ordinary classroom teacher? a school master by choice and a politician by accident?

GLJ has visions i believe he will set them out and things will come to light if truly,
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by BetaThings: 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2010
come chop:

JONATHAN DID NT SAY HE CANTO LEAD THE COUNTRY OR HES NOT QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB.

QUOTING HIM AS SAYING "I WAS NOT CHOSEN TO BE V.P BE COS I HAD GOOD POLITICAL EXPERIENCE. I DID NOT. DO U KNOW WHY HE WAS CHOSEN? IT WAS BE COS HE WAS THE HONEST MAN AMONG THEM A FRESH FISH IN DP WITH GOOD INTENTIONS. grin

THERE WERE A LOT MORE QUALIFIED POE TO BE V.P - THIS MEANS THOU THEY WERE QUALIFIED WITH MUCH EXPERIENCE BUT WERE ALL LOOTERS AND WILL CONTINUE TO LOOT IF NIGERIAN  GIVE THEM THE CHANCE.

LAST QUOTE. IAM NOT A POLITICIAN- THIS MEANS HES NOT THEIR KIND. KILLING AND LOOTING NATIONAL TREASURE. HES A MAN   OF HIS OWN AND CAN DO WITH OR WITHOUT PRESIDENTIAL SEAT. BUT SINCE IT WAS HIS CALLING, HE WILL LEAD WITH ALL HIS MIGHT, HONESTY AND FAIRNESS.

THOSE  OVER AMBITIONS ARE EXPERIENCED LOOTERS. THEY SHOULD GO TO BED!!!!
No need to speculate and lie. The man said
"I was chosen because I am from Niger Delta"
How can people even come here to tell lies and at the same time accuse politicians of looting and corruption
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by BetaThings: 8:25pm On Dec 09, 2010
come chop:

@ appletago u quoted me.

Frankly speaking, i do agree with you after going thro your post.  However, my perception towards the matter was viewed from a different angle. U should  remember that there are 2 side to a coin , what he meant is deep and expressed in a diplomatic way. He was less experienced in the beginning, he is developing. there are others better than him but they are arrogant, vain.  

Jonathan rose from deputy governor to the chair of a president as am writing indeed, he warmed up already in this field in addition to his academic background all counts! the most important thing as a leader is equal life for all. honesty and sincerity.

Do u remember the late Julius Nyerere of Tanzania one of Africa most respected figure Mwalimu? do u know that he was an ordinary classroom teacher? a school master by choice and a politician by accident?

GLJ has visions i believe he will set them out and things will come to light if truly,
What vision?
A man who has been in the PDP since 1999?
A man who is cutting deals to sell houses to Bankole and Mark?
A man who cannot arrest Daniel's travesty in Ogun, but make him campaign co-ordinator?
A man who would fabricate test messages to frame his opponents to be aired on TV?
A man who would single out his home state (bayelsa) for exclusive concession from the Offshore-Onshore dichotomy for derivation money
This is a PDP man, my dear friend
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by PhysicsQED(m): 8:27pm On Dec 09, 2010
Great tactical move. I gotta admit I'm impressed with this quote. I didn't think GEJ could be this cunning (knowing the quote actually portrays him in a good light with the whole "I'm not a politician I'm a regular guy but I'm doing this to save this country" angle) or this honest. I was more neutral before but now I think GEJ is simply more intelligent than anybody else in the running and consequently better equipped to actually change things. We should remember that no intelligent person has ever been head of state in Nigeria. Just mediocrities.

Excellent move overall. Let those dumb enough to think he was confessing some sort of supposed inadequacy wallow in their own misplaced hate.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by BetaThings: 8:29pm On Dec 09, 2010
PhysicsQED:

Great tactical move. I gotta admit I'm impressed with this quote. I didn't think GEJ could be this cunning (knowing the quote actually portrays him in a good light with the whole "I'm not a politician I'm a regular guy but I'm doing this to save this country" angle) or this honest.

Excellent move overall. Let those dumb enough to think he was confessing some sort of supposed inadequacy wallow in their own misplaced hate.
You really think he is so smart to be able to deceive the US? Think again. Those guys have information.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by BetaThings: 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2010
Bokoharam:

Have you read the wikileaks cable of those other leaders?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by PhysicsQED(m): 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2010
BetaThings:

You really think he is so smart to be able to deceive the US? Think again. Those guys have information.

Deceive the US about what?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Ericology(m): 8:32pm On Dec 09, 2010
byrron:

LETS KEEP APPLAUDING HIM FOR EVERY STUPIDITY HE EXHIBITS AND CALL IT HEROISM.

ONE DAY HE WILL COME OUT TO TELL YOU ON FACE-BOOK THAT THE GHOST OF ABACHA,GANI,YARADUA,SARO WIWA,ABIOLA AND OTHERS ARE CHASING HIM AROUND IN ASO ROCK AND DISTORTING HIS GOOD PLANS FOR NIGERIA,AND SOME OF US WILL COME ON FACE-BOOK AND NAIRALAND AS USUAL AND SAY ITS TRUE,THE GUY IS HONEST,HE IS MAKING SENSE, IN FACT A HERO.

LETS RIDE ON, NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THE STATE OF THE ECONOMY,HE HAS DONE NOTHING IN-TERMS OF JOB CREATION, SECURITY OF LIFE AND PROPERTIES.

LAST TIME SOME CREAM OF THIS COUNTRY WERE ASKED TO COME UP WITH A ROAD MAP ON JOB CREATION BY GEJ,NOTHING IS HEARD ABOUT THAT GROUP ANYMORE.

THEY SEEMS TO BE REACTING TO ISSUE RAISED BY THE PERCEIVED OPPOSITION, WITHOUT ADDRESSING THE ISSUES RAISED BY THEM,WHICH SHOWS THERE IS CLEARLY NO PROGRESS SO FAR RECORDED SINCE THEIR IS NON TO SHOW FOR.

PDP AND ITS MEMBERS DESERVES TO BE AT THE HOTTEST PART IN HELL. NOTHING GOOD CAN COME FROM THAT BUNCH OF THIEVES.

THANK U, people like BEAF are ready to applaud him whenever he displays some dumb acts,
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by BetaThings: 8:52pm On Dec 09, 2010
PhysicsQED:

Deceive the US about what?
PhysicsQED:

Great tactical move. I gotta admit I'm impressed with this quote. I didn't think GEJ could be this cunning (knowing the quote actually portrays him in a good light with the whole "I'm not a politician I'm a regular guy but I'm doing this to save this country" angle) or this honest. I was more neutral before but now I think GEJ is simply more intelligent than anybody else in the running and consequently better equipped to actually change things. We should remember that no intelligent person has ever been head of state in Nigeria. Just mediocrities.

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by 9ijaMan: 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2010
After going through virtually every post, I came to a single conclusion: We (Nigerians) are not wholeheartedly prepared for the so called change we seem to be clamoring for. How on earth can anyone in his right thinking senses assume that such damning revelation from GEJ (accepting that he's incompetent for the position he's holding) portrays him as being sincere befuddles me. The real insult to the nation (and Nigerians as a whole) actually stems from the fact that he admitted that much to the representative of a foreign country. If he could admit this much, what further concessions could he have given in his desperate attempt to remain in power.

It is highly discombobulating for anyone (in his right senses) to attempt to equate cluelessness with humility. Some posts even went as far as claiming GEJ is not desperate: if attempting at bribing a man of God (to seek his support) is not desperation, then I really do not know how to figure out a desperate move.

As GEJ has rightly acknowledged, he (GEJ) is not the best man for the job. The same way I will not want a confused surgeon to operate on me nor a jamibite saddled with the affairs of running a multi-billion dollar organization, I sure will not want GEJ to lead 9ja. We need a seasoned leader who has good track records to back him up and not a leader who wants to learn on the job.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2010
^^ roflmao!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2010
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2010
PStylish:

Wrong! Very wrong!!
Should GEJ handover to a northerner next year I can bet my d*ck on it that the northern president, and anybody GEJ inclusive, will claim constitutional right to seek a second term by 2015 and rightly too. Let's face it the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is superior to any form of verbal internal party agreement. Zoning can only be applied after any sitting president has exhausted his constitutional right to contest an election irrespective of the circumstances that brought him to power. Its unfortunate Yar'Adua died.RIP.Why did he allow himself to be used as a pawn by the likes of OBJ and why didnt the northern elite force him to reject the offer at the time? They(The North) never thought the South could ever have the courage to attempt holding onto power after Yar'Adua's possible and eventual exit especially as the 8-year zoning time frame wouldn't have been exhausted. How dull they were!!!

Can I ask you to go back, check your facts and then come back with a better post?
The reason is your post is filled with way too many faulty assumptions to even compare in any way to the political reality in Nigeria. Handing over to a Northerner or not is not Jonathan’s decision to make. He is president in a democratic Nation, and regardless of what happens in the PDP Party, at the end of the day, the people will pick who will win or not come next year.
Also Zoning agreement currently applies ONLY to PDP party members, not to all of Nigeria.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by 9ijaMan: 9:34pm On Dec 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Can I ask you to go back, check your facts and then come back with a better post?
The reason is your post is filled with way too many faulty assumptions to even compare in any way to the political reality in Nigeria. Handing over to a Northerner or not is not Jonathan’s decision to make. He is president in a democratic Nation, and regardless of what happens in the PDP Party, at the end of the day, the people will pick who will win or not come next year.
Also Zoning agreement currently applies ONLY to PDP party members, not to all of Nigeria. 

Thanks Kobojonkie. I have this little bit to add though. Zoning has always been entrenched in the National fabric of our dear state, Nigeria. It only comes under different names such as federal character, catchment area etc. It's just a matter of nomenclature, the truth of the matter is that Zoning has always been part and parcel of the 9ja constitution.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by babsmii(m): 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2010
sure boi!!! GEJ, goodluck to you man,
im sure all we want to hear are lies cos we're used to it, he just came out to say the truth now and some people are still complaining, do you want him to start lieing like others
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by BetaThings: 10:29pm On Dec 09, 2010
babsmii:

sure boi!!! GEJ, goodluck to you man,
im sure all we want to hear are lies cos we're used to it, he just came out to say the truth now and some people are still complaining, do you want him to start lieing like others
He was making all these confessions to the ambassadors of a foreign country
At the same time, he was telling Nigerians that he was in charge and competent
Now tell me who is more dangerous!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by 9ijaMan: 10:39pm On Dec 09, 2010
I think we do not need to look any further. Niboro has denied GEJ ever made such a statement.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/wikileaks-jonathan-responds-united-states
O ye GEJ cronies on NL, the ball is now in your court to spin this one again o! Your angel is denying once again that he made a big gaffe by admitting to a foreign rep that he is incompetent and inexperienced to lead 9ja.
Beaf & the rest over to una!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 09, 2010
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by TENDON: 1:31am On Dec 10, 2010
I wonder when Aso rock will have men rule and not just boys in trousers-who express their political naivety not only in actions but also viva voce
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by sweet9ja: 1:50am On Dec 10, 2010
Wikileak is God sent to GEJ. Is there anyone still doubting his sincerity?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by appletango: 2:31am On Dec 10, 2010
sweet9ja:

Wikileak is God sent to GEJ. Is there anyone still doubting his sincerity?

if wikileak is so good for the guy then why has his one man PR team - Ima Niboro - hurridly released a statement trying to rubbish the authenticity of the "leak'? if, as you say, it was "god sent" then surely they should all be embracing it, no? in fact, isn't it sacrilegious to deny something that is sent by god? does this mean that gej is actually engaged in ritualistic devil worshiping OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG shocked shocked shocked

i think you'll find that they are [size=20pt]extremely[/size] scared about the potential ramifications of this event. as you can tell by their amateur denial. speaking of which, do you not remember the last time they tried to deny something?? that one didn't end to well for them and neither will this.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by appletango: 2:40am On Dec 10, 2010
PhysicsQED:

GEJ is far from the sophisticated manipulator that you wish he was. instead he is a walking talking clown. they guy is so petrified of saying anything wrong that he has stopped speaking to the media completely. in case you haven't noticed it is always his "policy spokesman said this" or his "campaign manager said that"; seriously, when was the last time you actually heard the guy speak? and i bet you that even then it was scripted.

the guy is a so out of his depth that it's somewhat sad to see him struggling with basic doggie paddle inorder to keep his head above water. didn't you see the baboon on CNN? to think this is nigeria's "first citizen".
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Eziachi: 4:01am On Dec 10, 2010
Many times, I really do feel sorry for most Nigerians. You will have to think that majority that write here are on average the literate ones, but when you consider how they reasons, you really have to say sorry to Nigeria.

I will like to dig up this debate, a year from now and see what new song you will be singing about Jonathan, Atiku and the rest of them. By all indication, Nigerians don’t learn from the past, hence they make the same mistake all the time. The same people that call OBJ MESSAIH once are the same today trying to stone him. Today Jonathan has become God’s anointed, the best thing since slice bread.

How can someone secretly saying that he is not qualified for a job he is now doing to be called honesty?
Honesty to whom? Was it you lot or to a foreign ambassador without knowing that one day it will become a public knowledge? Did Jonathan admitted this so called honesty to you people or was it something said in secret to a foreigner with a foreign interest? Wasn’t it something he never thought will become public? You guys need to be pitied.

Any nation or people who are not cynical to their political leaders will always fall into the same trap all the time. This revelation shows once again, that Nigerian has never had a leader who has plan to govern, only those pushed by powerful forces or circumstance pushed them into it. Balewa never knew he will find himself a prime minister, hence no plans and unprepared, the same for Shagari, OBJ was taken straight from a prison and catapulted into presidency, unprepared, no plans on how to govern. Yar Adua was a total disaster, for the same reason and the guy right behind him was even worse, he never expected to be a governor but ended up being one, never in wildest dream did he ever think of becoming a VP, ended up as a president without any plan. Just like others before him, he is only relying on a daily faith and wind of good luck and advice from foreign powers that are there for their own interest only.

He told the American Ambassador according to the leaked information, that he has no plans against 2011, and here we are now people is calling the same person without plans God’s anointed. Why is he running for office then few months after admitting not having any plans?

Probably, the ever ready God of Nigerians told him in his dream he has to be president and that is it and the so called educated class are calling him God’s anointed, then you can imagine about the uneducated ones. May your so called God help you people, because you really will need it. What cursed nation and people.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by PhysicsMHD(m): 4:21am On Dec 10, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-564907.0.html

FEARS ABOUT MILITARY
-------------
¶7. (C) Jonathan said “everyone, including the Army Chief of Staff (COAS) [LTG Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau] and Chief of the President Guards Brigade [BG Abdul Mustapha]” are concerned about the confusion over who is the executive of the nation. The AgP said the military chiefs are making sure no politicians are reaching out to the rank-and-file, and encouraging the military to stay in the barracks so that the uncertain political situation does not generate coup-like behavior emanating from the mid-ranks because of the confusion. As the Ambassador began her meeting with the Acting President, he had just concluded a meeting with COAS LTG Dambazau (see reftel A for Ambassador’s conversation with the COAS February 24).
----------------
USG ADVICE: BECOME A NATIONAL FIGURE
------------------
¶8. (C) Based on points developed telephonically with Assistant Secretary Carson (ref B), Ambassador encouraged Jonathan to change the perception that he is a regional figure, and be seen, rather, as a national figure who has the best interest of the nation at heart. Ambassador expressed that given that the U.S. and Nigeria are very best friends, we feel the need to share our concerns, as any good friend would do, and that we are counting on him to steer Nigeria through this troubled and uncertain period. At the moment, Jonathan’s detractors believe he is a surrogate for former President Obasanjo. Ambassador advised the AgP that he needs to publicly demonstrate that he is the sole executor of national issues, not being directed or serving a political purpose for Obasanjo or others, so that his leadership would not be in question and the polity would accept that he had the best interest of nation at hand. The AgP said he appreciated our advice, including publicly holding Obasanjo at arms length. He said he would consider taking steps, including possibly convoking the entire diplomatic corps to brief them on the current political climate, using this and other events to demonstrate that he is his own man,
and diminish the appearance he is a regional leader.
¶9. (C) Jonathan noted that the Northern politicians would always be uncomfortable with him as president, and he understood the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) picked him as Yar’Adua’s running mate in 2007 because he represented the Niger Delta. Jonathan said he was handling Niger Delta issues until the Ministry for Niger Delta Affairs was created in September 2008, allowing him to distance himself from being viewed as someone who could only work on that issue. [b]“I was not chosen to be Vice President because I had good political experience,” he said. “I did not. There were a lot more qualified people around to be Vice President, but that does not mean I am not my own man.” However, he said, with the changed circumstances, the AgP said that his sole focus is to leave a legacy of both electoral reform and credible elections, including changing the entire Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). [/b]The AgP said he was appreciative of the Ambassador’s remarks made during the National Day reception February 25 and Assistant Secretary Carson’s February 24 statement because both provided him with the courage to press forward.
¶10. (C) Jonathan shared initially, he had the intention to dissolve the Cabinet early the week of February 22, and had planned to make that announcement at the February 24 FEC meeting, but found out that Yar’Adua was returning, and thus dissuaded him from acting. He said the last Cabinet meeting was disastrous and included yelling and screaming, and it is totally dysfunctional. He said he is “not a politician” and had very limited experience as an administrator, but concluded, “I will not tolerate a brawl.” Jonathan said he will dissolve the Cabinet once he knows people are more comfortable with him being the Acting President or if the current strategy to convince Yar’Adua surrogates and family members to allow the ailing president to resign.

The bold part sounds like sheer honest humility. I don't see how anybody could possibly ever interpret it as admission of some sort of incompetence. Then again the original poster in this thread selectively quoted statements in exactly such a way as to make silly interpretations possible and people in this thread completely fell for it. Context is important people. Inform yourselves before leaping into conclusions.

As for no plans for 2011, he had already said that if the people wanted him, he would go for it. But he definitely had plans to conduct better elections.

¶13. (C) Jonathan said he does not anticipate standing for elections in 2011 and that he is not working towards being a presidential candidacy. He wants to put into place an electoral structure that will be ready for national elections. He did, however, note that, “if they want me to run, that will be something to consider at that time.” However, he stressed that his focus now and for the next 12 months will be on “doing a good job and witnessing respectable and credible elections in 2011.”
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by zeminar(m): 8:45am On Dec 10, 2010
Do you need money b4 xmas, why wasting your time online,use it to Rake big cash here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-565655.0.html
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Beaf: 9:26am On Dec 10, 2010
Some of the posts here are soooooooooooooo funny!!!
Some fools actually see humility and honesty as bad attributes for a leader to have. This clowns evidently prefer the likes of Atiku (caught pants downs stealing 40 billion in the US) or IBB ($12.4 billion oil windfall theft) or Tinubu (drugs). Thank God for GEJ, a leader who is honest, forthright and a gale of fresh air, the country is at last taking steps forward.

I am happy for threads like this one, because they separate the true lovers of Nigeria from the godforsaken parasites who wish to continue the ra'pe of previous govts and the Pakistanisation of Nigeria with Boko Haram, Kala Kato, Maitatsine cults and Jos style pogroms. Shame on you!

I made this post elsewhere, but its apt here; its all about the "experienced" politicians some clowns here are gunning for:

Sanders’ dispatch read: “Pickard said that Nigerian entities control the lifting of many oil cargoes and there are some "very interesting" people lifting oil. Oil buyers would pay NNPC GMD Yar'Adua, Chief Economic Advisor Yakubu and the First Lady Turai Yar'Adua large bribes to lift oil. Pickard also reported an instance of the Attorney General Aondoakaa allegedly soliciting a $20 million bribe to sign a document. The International Oil Companies (IOC) are quite concerned about the "very flawed" new petroleum sector energy bill. The IOCs will be asking U.S., Dutch, and U.K. COMs to convey points on the bill to GON policymakers.

“Pickard said that Nigerian entities control the lifting of many oil cargoes and there are some "very interesting" people lifting oil (People, she said that were not even in the industry). As an example she said that oil buyers would pay Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) General Managing Director Yar'Adua, (Note: not related to President Yar'Adua. End Note) Chief Economic Advisor Yakubu, and the First Lady Turai Yar'Adua large bribes, millions of dollars per tanker, to lift oil. The IOCs control the liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cargos, so GON actors do not have the same opportunity for illicit gain. Pickard also said a former associate of hers (protect) had told her he had been present when Attorney General Aondoakaa had told a visitor that he would sign a document only if the visitor paid $2 million immediately and another $18 million the next day.”

This was one of the very first areas GEJ cleared up, hence the old actors hate him so much and are so bitter. It used to be a free for all for anyone to walk in, pay a bribe to the cabal and walk off with oil that was meant for the countries development.

Both the lifting and importation (another lon and shocking story) areas were cleared  and thats how come we are able to buy petrol for 65 Naira per litre (or less) without spending nights at fuel stations.

It will never be business as usual again.

[size=14pt]Goodluck Nigeria!!![/size]
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by 1025: 9:37am On Dec 10, 2010
now that jonathan in his usual way has denied this statements, what next?
many of us here can never see beyond their nose. if u are not experienced, what are u doing in aso rock?
ddc machines, 16 has been released and we are still waiting for the balance. this is a shame. no country behaves like this.
nothing will be heard or done about this.
jonathan's only option will be to resign.
he is not behaving like a teacher in any way.
he is not bold enough to rule nigeria.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by squeeky: 9:48am On Dec 10, 2010
Beaf:

Some of the posts here are soooooooooooooo funny!!!
Some fools actually see humility and honesty as bad attributes for a leader to have. This clowns evidently prefer the likes of Atiku (caught pants downs stealing 40 billion in the US) or IBB ($12.4 billion oil windfall theft) or Tinubu (drugs). Thank God for GEJ, a leader who is honest, forthright and a gale of fresh air, the country is at last taking steps forward.

I am happy for threads like this one, because they separate the true lovers of Nigeria from the godforsaken parasites who wish to continue the ra'pe of previous govts and the Pakistanisation of Nigeria with Boko Haram, Kala Kato, Maitatsine cults and Jos style pogroms. Shame on you!

I made this post elsewhere, but its apt here; its all about the "experienced" politicians some clowns here are gunning for:

This was one of the very first areas GEJ cleared up, hence the old actors hate him so much and are so bitter. It used to be a free for all for anyone to walk in, pay a bribe to the cabal and walk off with oil that was meant for the countries development.

Both the lifting and importation (another lon and shocking story) areas were cleared  and thats how come we are able to buy petrol for 65 Naira per litre (or less) without spending nights at fuel stations.

It will never be business as usual again.

Its obvious you're blind to issues on ground because u chose to be. This so called honest man,
, Gave oil wells to his home state ILLEGALLY
, Signed an agreement on zoning with his own hands and turn around to claim there was never anything like such
, We know of the corruption case hanging on his wife
, try to bribe the SNG group to support him
, claim he is not competent enough to rule
, Try to blame a region for a crime (Abuja Bombings) committed by his own people
, The list is endless. Come on man be factual, you cant sell GEJ with sentiments, Nigerians are more intelligent than that. So much for an honest man.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Amacaco: 10:07am On Dec 10, 2010
GEJ did not get to the position he is now because he has "good political experience" or he was the best choice at the time. He is here now because GOD in his infinite Mercy and Grace chose him to be the President of Nigeria today. GEJ is conscious of this fact and said so humbly and honestly. When God chooses a leader, experience no longer counts because He is the experience you need. In addition, all the so-called "experienced" leaders we have seen at all levels of Government in this country, have failed to deliver and improve the well-being of the people. Rather, they have impoverished our people and siphoned our money to foreign lands. What we need is a God fearing Leader and not a leader with "Good Political experience".
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Altruist(m): 10:22am On Dec 10, 2010
Gej has brought himsef down,well atiku now has stuff 2 talk about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Should South South Political Fools Be Having Meetings In LAGOS? / Dickson Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers In Bayelsa / SE And SS Will Be The Decider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.